The Fool

By spiralings

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTr... More

Introduction & Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Three

449 31 6
By spiralings

"Alaric, please, I need to see him. You don't understand!" Aurora cried, pulling at Alarics' arm that was trying to walk away from her towarss the stairs.

"Aurora, Levi won't let you leave. Bringing you to see him is too risky." Alaric said sternly. He wanted nothing more than to bring her to see him, but he simply couldn't. Aurora ran after him down the stairs.

"You're not listening to me!" She yelled helplessly, tears streaming down her face. Alaric pasued and whipped around in the middle of the stairs to look up at her.

"I am, Aurora, but it's not safe!" He yelled back, growing frustrated by the whole thing. Auroras face fell as her body shook with sobs. Alarics heart broke at the sight, having to look away from her.

"I think I love him," She admitted in a barely audible whisper. Alaric tuned back instantly to look at her, seeing her expression full of desperation.

"I know you do," He said quietly.

"Then you know why I need to help him," She hiccuped as she descended the stairs so she was on the stop right above him.

"I don't care what Levi says or what happens. I only feel safe when I'm with him, " She pleaded, grabbing Alarics' hand. Alaric stared at her. Alaric knew she loved him. Even in the short period of time she knew him, she fell harder than he ever would have expected. He had never seen her so full of life, life that neither he nor he nor her brothers could give her.

"Fine," He replied stiffly. He didn't give her time to process before he was pulling her gently down the stairs. Aurora hurried her steps to keep up with them but suddenly halted behind his back as Alaric came to a sudden stop at the bottom of the stairs. She went to step around him to ask what was wrong, but he suddenly pushed her back. She noticed his eyes focused on something ahead of them, not straying once.

"Aurora, go back upstairs," He said lowly.

"What? No! You said-"

"Aurora, go back upstairs right now and lock the door to your bedroom and hide," Alaric replied in a clipped tone, leaving no room for argument. Aurora suddenly felt a sense of panic wash over her. She didn't know what was going on, but she obeyed immediately, running back up the stairs to her bedroom and doing exactly what she was told. Once Alaric heard her bedroom door lock, he took the gun from his waist band and walked towards the thing he had been staring at on the front door. As he got closer, he studied the familiar back tarot card pinned to the middle of the door with one of their own family daggers.

They were in the house.

~*~

The door shut with a bang as Levi stepped into the room, the sound echoing off the cold concrete walls that caused Synn to tense up. He knew it wasn't Alaric.

"Synn Reeds," Levi sneered, stepping further into the room. Synn finally looked up at him. He could see pure hatred shining in his eyes, directed at him, not that he was unfamiliar with it. "I must give credit where credits due, you had me fooled there for a while, piccolo coglione, but how long did you plan to keep it going for? Hmm?" Synn didn't reply to him. He simply tilted his head to the side. Levi grew angry at his silence. He wanted him to retaliate, to get angry back. He clenched his jaw and glanced away for a moment before looking back at him.

"Did you have fun playing with the Mafia Princess?"

"Don't bring her into this," Synn sneered. Levi was slightly taken back with the hostility in his tone, but he composed himself quickly.

"You fucking brainwashed her. You knew exactly how to get in, didn't you? Fuck with her head enough to gain her trust so she could convince me" Levi taunted stepping closer to him. Synn grinded his teeth together as he glared at him. He didn't like how he was talking about Aurora. Like she was a pawn. Like she wasn't his sister.

"Maybe she wouldn't have been so easy if you hadn't deprived her of any form of life." Synns comment was followed with a blow to his jaw, causing the sound of the chains rattling to bounce around the room.

"If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have a life" Levi growled.

"That's what you believe. I get that, but that girl deserves far more than what you've given her," Synn retaliated. Unfortunately, this earned him another punch to the stomach.

"As if you know my own sister better than me, she was merely a game to you," Levi gritted. Synn caught his breath quickly before speaking.

"She was never a fucking game to me. You think you have it all figured out, but you've just fallen in to the fucking lions den. I thought you were smarter than this, " Synn replied lowly with a shortage of breath, his tone mocking as he looked up at him through the hair damp with sweat that had fallen over his eyes. Levi was lived with this. He lunged for Synns throat, grabbing it forcefully. He looked at him for a moment, eyes blazing with anger.

"That's a nice smile you got there." Levi commented smugly. Synn tensed up at his words. By now, he could feel his heart beat rising at the mention of his scars. Levi noticed Synns eyes as they widened slightly with recognition. Levis eyes darted around Synns face, eyeing all the scars that littered his skin.

"Did Daddy give you that?" Levis asked, in a taunting Manor. Synn could hear his heart pounding in his ears at this stage as he forced himself to remain void. But, when Levi cocked his head and gave him a mocking pout, Synns snarled his anger and spat straight in his face. That was all Levi needed to send another blow at Synn. And another. And another. Synn couldn't even feel the pain as his emotions clouded any physical feeling he should have.

Suddenly Levi stopped his blows when his phone started ringing. He stepped away from Synn, breathing heavily, wiping his bloody hands on his suit pants before pulling out his phone and seeing it was Scott calling him.

"What?" He hissed, eager to get back to what he had started as he watched Synn spit out the blood that had formed in his mouth.

"Mr. King, you need to get back here now. There's been an attack, " Scott's frantic voice answered among the faint sound of screams and gunshots that could be heard in the background. Levi felt his face pale at the thought.

"Where's Aurora?" He asked immediately. The second Synn heard that his ears perked up and his heart dropped to his stomach. He didn't know what was going on, but he didn't like the sound of it.

"She's in her room -"

"Make sure she doesn't get hurt. I'm on my way, " Levi replied stiffly before hanging up. He began to walk with intention towards the door.

"Hey! What's going on?" Synn yelled, pulling at the chains around his wrists. Levi ignored him and kept walking, but this only pissed Synn off.

"Levi! What the fuck is going on!?" He roared desperately but he got no reply as Levi left the room and slammed the door shut behind him. Synn began desperately pulling at the chains as angry and worry grew inside him. He could only guess that his worst nightmare had happened. He had pulled his attack, and Synn was not there to protect Aurora. He needed to protect her.

Not long after his continuous failed attempts the door opened. Will stepped inside. He had been placed outside the door this morning when Levi arrived and could hear the sound of metal clanging from the room that was usually quiet. He had been informed on the attack and had a feeling Synn had a fair idea what was happening. Will began walking towards Synn who stopped his attempts to look at him. He was half expecting another blow once Will had reached him, but that never came. He certainly wasn't expecting Will to reach up and unlock his wrists from the chains. Synss arms dropped heavily to his sides. He rubbed his raw wrists as he looked up at Will with confused expression.

"You're the only one that can protect her. Go" Will said calmly. Synn didn't take the time to ponder over it. He legged it out of the room with only one intention on his mind.

To save his Mafia princess.

~*~

Well!

Okay, I apologies sincerely for the wait for the next chapter, really. I've been mad busy with college and have had serious writers block...like I literally forget how to fucking write. I think it's also because this nook is coming to an end as ye can probably tell and I lowkey font want it to and I have no idea how I wanna end it. Like I have a shit ton of ideas but dunno which one to use.

If there's any little moments or scenes that ye would like to see before the book ends, please lemme know and I will try make it happen.

Thank you so much for all the support on this book, ye have been savage. I love reading all the comments, liek I literally read every single one cause they make me smile so much.

I'll try update sooner this time... :)

Love ye

XOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

457K 8.2K 60
MATURE CONTENT +18 "Why do you always defy me, Olivia?" he whispered on my skin, lightly nibbling, and biting my neck, which caused goosebumps to app...
233K 6.2K 31
"Why do you always look like that?" "Like what?" "Like you hate every person in this room." "That's because I do." "Why? What did these people do to...
8.7K 328 20
Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at anyone who walks too close. Seeing him si...
15.3K 2.5K 8
" 𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 �...