Mistake || The Maze Runner ||...

By Iain62

(Y/n), the first girl in group A. She was also the first one in the Glade. Everything was normal and the same... More

Characters: The Maze Runner
1 Start
2 Sting
3 Newt
4 Memories
5 Thomas
6 Ben
7 Not Back Yet
8 The Maze
10 The Girl
11 Teresa
12 Alby
13 Grievers
14 All Is Taken 
15 Gally
16 We Can Escape
17 Chuck
Characters: The Scorch Trials
18 Rat Man
19 Atention 
20 It's WICKED
21 Escape
22 No One Around
23 Run
24 Winston
25 Lightning
26 Jorge 
27 Favourite Song
28 My Nose
29 Chase
30 Marcus
31 The Right Arm
32 Serum
33 Found Us
34 Taken
Characters: The Death Cure
35 Six Months
36 Saved
37 Tunnel

9 Council

454 6 1
By Iain62

Newt was holding my hand as Jeff pulled up my shirt revealing the wound.

    "You're lucky you weren't stung." Jeff told me.
I looked over and saw Alby's body lying on a table strapped down for when he wakes up.

Sat up straight sending a jolt of pain through my body.

    "(Y/n), it's all right," Newt told me gently lowering me down. "Just rest."

——

Jeff was gently cleaning my wound.

There was yelling outside the hut. I looked at Newt I knew how much he didn't want to leave me while I'm injured but he is the second in command.

"It's okay." I give Newt a smile.

"They can wait." Newt told me.

"Newt, go." I tell him.
He gave me a gentle kiss before walking out of the hut.

He came back a couple minutes later looking angry.

"What's wrong?" I ask as Newt comes back in.

"They want a gathering tomorrow." Newt sighed calming down as he walked back to my side.

"What else?" I push.

"The gathering is for you and Thomas."

"Oh."

"You don't have to go. You need your rest." Newt said.

"But I should."

"(Y/n), you just spent the bloody night in the Maze. You're injured and Gally is talking about banishing." Newt stressed.
I reach my hand up brushing some of his blonde hair away from his face.

"Gally doesn't scare me. I'll go to the meeting.
And don't worry Blondie, if they do banish me I'll just be back the next day." I say trying to make a joke.

"Jeff, will it do anything if she is up tomorrow?"

"(Y/n), should be good as long as she takes it easy and rests a lot. (Y/n), I'm serious you need your rest," Jeff said knowing that I am horrible at resting when there are things to do. "Tonight I think it's best if you stay, (Y/n)."

"See, I'll be all right." I tell Newt.

—————

I wake up turning around to see Newt asleep still, in a chair beside me. I kiss his forehead then get up. There was a slight pain when I moved but it was manageable, I put on a fresh shirt and pants that Newt had left out.

"You're up already?" Newt questions stretching.

"I had to get ready for the meeting."

"Oh, right," He says standing up. "How are you feeling?"

     "Good, the pain is small," I give him a smile. "Come on, we better get it over with."
He grabs my hand as we walk out.
I break free from his gentle grip and start to run.

"I'll race you." I laugh.

"(Y/n) you really shouldn't." He says as he limps after me.
But my joy and carelessness seemed all but a dream as I sat in a chair worried and anxious facing eleven other boys sitting in a semicircle around me and Thomas. I don't understand why I am even nervous I know theses boys, I've seen every single one of them come out of the Box. Only one chair sat empty, it was Alby's but sitting rate beside his empty chair was Newt.

"In place of our leader, sick in bed, I declare this gathering begun," Newt says rolling his eyes slightly. "As you all know the last few days have been bloody crazy, and quite a bit seems centered around our Greenbean, Tommy and (Y/n), seated before us."

"He's just a rule breaker." Gally said cruelly interrupting.

"Gally. Try to keep some buggin' order here if you're gonna blabber your shuck mouth every time I say something you can go ahead and bloody leave, because I'm not in a very cheerful mood," Newt says shutting up Gally. "Glad we got that cleared up. Now we're all here because almost every lovin kid in the Glade has come to me in the last day either boohooing about Thomas or beggin' to take his hand in marriage. We need to decide what we're gonna do with (Y/n) and him. (Y/n) and Tommy you're not allowed to say a buggin thing until we ask you to."

Newt finishes and asks everyone one by one what they think, Gally interrupting more than once setting Newt off.

"Gally shut your hole! I'm the bloody chair right now and if I hear one more buggin word out of turn from you, I'll be arrangin' another banishing for your sorry butt." Newt yells making me want to cheer as Gally sits back in his chair.

And the meeting went on everyone one saying they're opinion most on on mine and Thomas side but there were a few that thought like Gally. Then we finally arrived at the last two Gally and Minho, Gally was first.

"I think we've all made our opinions pretty clear."

"Then why doesn't he keep his mouth shut." I mouth to Newt, I saw him smile when I said that.

"Good that. Go on then Minho." Newt says.

"NO!" Gally yelled making a couple people jump. "I still want to say something."

"Just think about it, this slinthead comes up in the Box acting all confused and scared then a few days later he and (Y/n) are running around the Maze with Grievers, acting like they own the place. How could they have done with they did without getting bloody stung, and this shank only after a few days?"

"What are you trying to say Gally? How about having a bloody point?" Newt asks.

"Things are changing, there's no denying that. They both broke our rules." He said.

    "Yeah, but they saved Alby's life." Frypan spoke.

    "Did they? We can't trust them." Gally said, I couldn't help myself I get up from my chair and turn to Gally.

"Gally shut your shuking mouth. I have been here far longer than you!" I yell.

Newt is finally able to quiet everyone down, as I sit down as Gally ignores me.

"Face it, day after he shows up Ben is stung in broad daylight and then Alby. Thomas and (Y/n) conveniently find themselves in the Maze for the night and try's convincing everyone they are heroes. For three years we've coexisted with these Grievers and now you two have killed one of them." Gally pointed at me and Thomas.

     "It was more than one." I muttered so only I and Thomas could hear.

    "Who knows with that could mean for us? There are too many weird things going on and it all started when that shuck-face Greenie showed up and he just happens to be the first person to survive a night out in the Maze. Something ain't right, until we figure it out, I officially recommend that we lock them up in the slammer for a month and then have another review."

Every one started talking again.
After Newt quieted them down it was Minho's turn.

"In all the time we've been here... no one's ever killed a Griever before. I was out there I saw what this guy and (Y/n) did - they stayed strong to help Alby and take on a Grievers, while I turned into a panty- wearing chicken and ran. look, I don't know if this shank is brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it. I say we make him a Runner."

For the first time complete silence fills the room as I was still processing what Minho said.
"That's ridiculous! He should be kicked off the council for saying something so stupid." Gally says breaking the silence causing everyone to talk or yell.

"Shuck it. I've never seen so many shanks acting like teat-suckin babies. We may not look like it but around here we're adults. Act like it." Newt says then walks around looking at each Keeper in the eye then sat back down.

"It's easy for you shanks to sit and talk about something you're stupid on. I'm the only Runner in this group and the only other one's here who's even been out in the Maze is Newt and (Y/n)." Minho says.

Gally interrupted again. "Not if you count that one time I—"

"Gally you broke the same rule you're blaming Thomas and I for!" I yell.

"(Y/n)." Newt says calmly.

"Sorry." I sit back down.

"Anyway I've never seen anything like it. They didn't panic, they didn't cry and never seemed scared. Thomas only being here for a few days and runs out into the Maze with (Y/n) to save two shanks."

"We get the point." Gally snapped.

"Gally," I say walking up to him. "You're nothing but a big sissy, who never once asked to be a Runner or tried out for it. You don't have the right to talk about things you don't understand. So shut your mouth." I turn to walk away.

But Gally stood up and tightly grabbed my arm and I turn around to face him. "Say one more thing like that and I'll break your neck right here in front of everybody I don't care if you're a girl." Gally spoke with spit flying from his mouth landing on my cheek.
The moment Gally grabbed me Newt gets out of his chair and starts to walk over.

"Gally!" Newt yelled.

Minho smiled at me, Gally was stronger than me but I was quicker. I pull my hand out from his grip quickly punching his face, Gally falls backwards braking his chair as he hits the ground. Minho puts his foot on Gally's chest keeping the boy down.

Newt reaches us. "Minho." He says and Minho steps back. "Are you all right?" Newt asked me quietly and I give him a nod.
Gally stood up angrily, brushing himself off.

Before Gally or anyone could speak a loud alarm went off. An alarm I knew so well the Greenie alarm I look at Newt confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 891 38
*CURRENTLY EDITING* 𑁍 = Edited (You can still read) Based on The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials & Death Cure *Going along by the movies* "Always prote...
87.4K 1.8K 34
Being the first girl in the maze came with its own set of challenges... Including falling in love with a boy, meeting old friends and saving the worl...
122K 1.8K 17
Y/N and Airs were together in the Maze Trials when they escaped to the Sanctuary. Meeting Thomas' maze group, they help each other by searching for t...
121K 3.6K 22
What if the trigger to spark chaos in Group B wasn't Aris, but someone else. Someone we're all familiar with. Like... Newt? A young girl, named Maya...