Watching Her Life

By NBokhari

Damon has been hiding a secret from everyone, a secret only the closest person to him knows. And that secret... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Cast
Aesthetics
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Author's note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 15

16.2K 434 112
By NBokhari

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

The screen suddenly shifted to show a beautiful golden hall, it was absolutely huge and only the witches and wizards recognized it along with Damon. It showed creepy looking creatures sat on two rows leading to a throne like chair in the middle with a tall stand where another creepy creature's head could be seen. 

"What on earth is that?" Rebekah asked looking at it in disgust.

"It's a goblin," Luna answered her.

"A what?" Katherine asked looking halfway between disturbed and intrigued.

"Goblins are a highly intelligent race of small magical humanoid beings that are basically the bankers of the wizarding world. Some of you might not know our world's existence and you probably won't believe it until you have proof so let's just watch," Jade said as the memory was played.

Then all of a sudden they could see someone walking inside up to the creature at the front. They had black hair and they looked really familiar but they couldn't place who it was. The goblin took one look at him before he got up and led the man down the corridor into a chamber that was even more ostentatious than the hall, which was saying something.

"Why was I called here?" The voice asked curiously and now some of them felt like they knew that voice but where from?

"Have a seat," The goblin said and the man sat down but they still couldn't see him, the screen was only showing the goblin's face. "It has come to my notice that the goblin in charge of Lily and James Potter's daughter's finance has been accepting bribes from a certain witch or wizard, it had not yet been found out who as he refused to talk, but because of this, we need the next of kin to go through the files that have been corrupted by outside means. We know that a lot of money had been stolen from her vaults but she still has more than enough to last generations so no need to worry about that but we will try our best to find out who is behind this and return the money back to her vault," The goblin said.

"What!" Neville and many other witches and wizards gasped in shock.

"That's against the law. Who could have done such a thing?" Lucius said knowing how scandalous it was to steal from another's vault especially from such an esteemed house like Potter.

"Who do you think?" Jade asked him and he looked confused for a second before he seemed to realise what she was insinuating.

"Are you saying..." Lucius trailed off.

"Yup. He was behind it the entire time. Wish I could have found out sooner," Jade said.

"Why am I considered the next of kin? I thought Sirius would be looking after her, is he not?" The voice asked.

"Sirius Black has been imprisoned in Azkaban prison so I'm afraid he can't," The goblin said.

"Why would Sirius be in Azkaban?" The voice said angrily.

Mcgonagall sighed in guilt again as she remembered what she had seen the girl go through, if only she had fought harder not to let her stay there then she wouldn't have suffered so much.

"Sirius Black has been imprisoned for the murder of Lily and James Potter," The goblin said.

"Please," The voice scoffed. "Sirius was not behind that. It was that Voldy guy's doing."

"He was the secret keeper for the safe house Lily and James Potter were in and he gave away the information to Voldemort making it possible for him to enter the house and kill them." The goblin explained.

"Secret keeper?" Kol asked confused.

"A Secret Keeper is a person designated to keep the location of a place a secret by means of the Fidelius Charm. The charm basically conceals the information that needs to be kept secret inside someone's very soul. When a secret keeper tells another the secret about the location, then they are privy to the location as well, otherwise the location cannot be seen by anyone but the secret keeper and the people they're keeping the secret for, so when Voldemort found out the address of the safe house my parents were living in, he could see it too," Jade explained.

"Sirius was never the secret keeper, it was Peter Pettigrew. I knew they shouldn't have trusted that rat. I warned them but did they listen, no," The voice said scoffing to himself.

"That may be true but it will do nothing to get him out because as a vampire, your words mean nothing to the Wizengamot," The goblin said bitterly knowing about the prejudices.

"I hate the prejudices. If it wasn't for that, Sirius could have been out sooner but of course they would never take your word over Albus fricking Dumbledore," Jade said bitterly.

"Miss Potter!" Mcgongoalll said sternly.

"Believe me Minnie once you find out what he did, you won't be much of a fan of him either and I'm pretty sure I still don't know everything he's done," Jade said rolling her eyes.

"Of course," The voice scoffed.

"After Lily, James and Sirius, it's your name that comes next in the will for taking custody of the child, but for some reason, the girl has been sent to her mother's relatives when it should have been you," The goblin.

"Who on earth would leave her with that utter bitch and the bloated whale she calls her husband?" The voice asked angrily.

"I have a feeling that whoever has messed with her accounts has also made this happen so we have called you here to ask whether you would accept custody of the girl?" The goblin asked.

"Wait what? Me? I don't know the first thing about taking care of a child. I can't do this. You have to find someone else," The voice said shaking his head in refusal as he got up.

"Sorry," Damon whispered to Jade apologetically as he kissed her forehead, she just smiled up at him, her eyes telling him it was ok. Elijah and Kol had heard his apology and realised that the man was him. How is it that he knew about this world before them when they have lived so much longer than him?

"I'm afraid the will specified no one else, it's either she goes to you or she stays with her maternal aunt and uncle," The goblin said. "You signed this for a reason did you not?"

The screen finally shifted to the man, his back was turned to the screen today as he was preparing to leave before it showed him stop at the question and turn around, the screen zooming into his blue eyes before the scene shifted the sides a blur clearly showing a memory. 

Most of the cinema were wide-eyed as they turned to Damon who just sat there unbothered.

"How is it you knew about the wizarding world when you've lived for barely 2 centuries?" Klaus asked curiously.

"I became friends with a witch and a few wizards and they showed me their world," Damon shrugged in answer.

"Why didn't you tell me something as important as this? Do you know useful it would have been with everything that happened? We would have had more power to take down Klaus," Elena said to him confused and angry.

"Oh shut it! Wizards and witches are magical beings that do not deserve to be used in any way! We protect our own and that sure as hell does not include you! And besides, we had our own problems to deal with without adding yours to the list. I'm sure nothing you went through was worse than an entire war. You're all teenagers who went up against a few people, imagine a whole school full of teenagers, from aged 11-18 fighting for their lives against an entire army lead by a total madman hellbent on making my life a living hell," Jade said bitterly as Tom once again swallowed his guilt.

"Well, if it wasn't for you, then none of that would have happened," Elena snapped and many in the room stiffened taking out their wands and pointing it at the girl but no spell left their lips, it was like they were sealed. Damon couldn't move either despite how much he struggled, even the Mikaelsons wanted to strangle the girl for her comment.

"You can't say a thing Elena because if it wasn't for you then everything that happened to us wouldn't have happened. We would have been living normal mundane lives but because of you we can't and you know what the difference is, you had a choice not to, Jade didn't have that. You could have put your family and friends over your love but you didn't and it was all for nothing anyway because you're now with neither brother," Bonnie snapped at her angrily.

"Shut up Bonnie! I..." Elena began to say before Jade had enough and shot a spell her way making her mute internally thanking Death.

"Well isn't that so much better," Katherine said with a smirk as the memory played and everyone could move again. They didn't try anything though despite how much they wanted to knowing they were just going to pause again.

It now showed a hospital room where a woman's screaming could be heard, there were two handsome men, one was pacing, the other was sitting down with their head in their hands before all of sudden, the door banged open and the others looked up to see Damon standing in the doorway.

"That's Sirius Black. The murderer," Some of the witches and wizards gasped in shock and horror at seeing him. Neville glanced back at Jade in concern as she looked at them frozen, her eyes glassy.

"He's not a murderer! He didn't do anything! He was framed by Peter bloody Pettigrew and he wasn't even given a trial before he was sent to Azkaban. He's my Godfather and he swore the oath, all it would have taken was seeing that for the bloody Wizengamot to believe he hadn't done anything. Uncle Padfoot had nothing to do with my parent's murder. He wasn't the secret keeper, Pettigrew was so don't you dare say anything about him," Jade snapped at them angrily with tears in her eyes which were once again glowing.

"Jade?" Damon asked concerned, he knew what had happened to Sirius which had been a shock, he was one of his best friends after all. He really had a knack for losing them.

"I'm fine. I'm fine," Jade said wiping her tears.

"You're not fine Jade. What's wrong?" Damon asked worriedly.

"Uncle Moony's dead dad. He died in the battle," Jade said before she tucked her head in her dad's neck trying to control her tears at the pain the memory caused, him lying next to Tonks side by side, even in death.

"What?" Damon asked in disbelief as he hugged her, he looked at two of her friends in front and they looked at him and Jade in sympathy and he realised he had just lost another one of his friends. He blinked away tears of his own as he comforted her. Rebekah and Stefan could see the tears in his eyes and looked at him in concern, they could see he really cared for this guy.

Jade looked up at her dad with teary eyes as she said, "I'm sorry dad. I know you cared about him." Damon just sighed before hugging her tighter, he had lost James, Lils, Sirius, Rose, Alaric and now Remus too. He had really bad luck with friends he thought as the memory played.

"Sorry guys. Came as quick as I could. How is she?" Damon asked with a concerned look on his face just as he heard, "James I'm going to kill you! You're never going to touch me ever again!" He winced at that, "So it's going great," he said sarcastically.

"I swear my ears will still be ringing after this but it'll all be worth it to see my Goddaughter," Sirius said just as another scream was heard, "James you are in the doghouse for life! You will be sleeping on the floor for the rest of the foreseeable future!"

"This isn't entirely my fault. It takes two to tango," James voice was heard as Jade fixated on their voices wanting to memorise everything.

"Oh you really shouldn't have said that mate," Kol said wincing slightly.

"True. In times like this, you just agree to whatever they're saying if you value your life, especially if your wife is Lily Potter," Damon said.

"What did you say! Are you blaming me!" She screamed at him.

"Now Lily flower that's not what I...." James began sounding contrite.

"You are dead James Charlus Potter. After this baby is out I'm going to strangle you with my bare hands!" She screamed.

"Lily flower you love me too much to do that," James said.

"He really should shut up before he digs himself a deeper hole," Kol said shaking his head at the guy.

"James never knew when to keep his mouth shut," Damon said fondly and there was a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"One of the biggest regrets of my life and when I am done here, I will be rectifying that by killing you. You hear me!" She screamed.

"I like her," Rebekah said.

"Surprisingly and disturbingly, she reminds me of you," Damon said looking weird just saying it but it was true. He had to admit that Rebekah had her sweet moments and scary moments, just like Lily.

"Really? Thank you," Rebekah said with a smile, if Damon was friends with that woman, then that was a huge compliment from him.

"Of course Lily flower. You can do whatever you wish," James said backpedaling.

"And I needed your permission when exactly?!" She screamed at him.

"Never. You don't need my permission of course," James said trying to placate her.

"Stop agreeing with everything I'm saying! It's bloody annoying!" She shouted at him before screaming once again.

"The baby's nearly out. Just one more push," The nurse was heard saying.

"Just she says?! I am pushing out an entire person from my insides, I am in the most pain I've ever been in and you say one more push as if it is so bloody easy!" She screamed before at last, a cry was heard.

Most of the cinema were laughing at this point as they heard the back and forth between the husband and wife. "They are so sweet!" Caroline gushed with a smile on her face as jade watched with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

"They are," Jade said softly as Damon hugged her tighter.

The scene shifted and now they were in the hospital room, with an exhausted-looking beautiful redhead holding a baby in her arms as she looked at her with the most loving smile on her face with the other men including Damon surrounding her.

Jade sat up in her seat as she saw her parents and her eyes never left the screen as she saw the way her mother was looking down at her. The rest of the witches and wizards looked at her concerned only to see her eyes staring at the screen completely engrossed.

"Isn't she just gorgeous?" Lily asked and the others could see Damon looking over at the kid only to have a disgusted expression on his face.

"It looks...squished," Damon said the only word he could come up with that wouldn't outright say ugly.

"How kind of you," Jade said sarcastically.

"I just said it like I saw it," Damon shrugged smirking at her playfully.

"I'm sure you weren't exactly a sight for sore eyes when you were born either," Jade said to him mockingly with a smirk on her own face.

"Oy!" Damon said with an offended look on his face as she said, "There. There. I'm sure you'll get over it."

"She really is your daughter. You two are so alike," Stefan said laughing at the two of them as the father and daughter looked at each other before shaking their heads as they both said at the same time, "Nah!"

"I'm too awesome for this old guy," Jade said.

"Old? How dare you!" Damon gasped in mock offence with his hand over his heart dramatically.

"Oh I dare much. And besides, I was only speaking the truth," Jade said to him.

"That's it. You asked for it," Damon said before he began tickling her as she laughed trying to get away from his hands as the Mystic Falls Gang, the Mikaelsons and Katherine watched shocked at Damon being such a...a dad.

"Stop!" Jade said though she was laughing as she tried to lean away from him, her friends watching her with smiles on their faces happy that she was happy. 

Kol couldn't help but look over at her and think about how beautiful she looked whilst laughing and how melodious her laugh was, he was pretty sure he could hear it again and again and not get bored before he snapped himself out of whatever that was and focused on anywhere other than her.

"I'll stop when you apologise," Damon said and she quickly did so as he lay off of her with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"You're mean," Jade said pouting at him.

"I know," Damon said with a smirk before his face changed to a concerned one. "I didn't hurt you did I? I completely forgot! Are you alright?!"

"I'm fine dad. Stop worrying. I think it's mostly healed anyway," Jade said reassuringly.

"You sure?" Damon asked looking her over worriedly.

"I'm sure," Jade said with a last smile at him before they turned back to the screen not before Caroline said, "You two are absolutely adorable." She couldn't believe she just wished her dad was somewhat like how Damon was with jade.

"Thanks sunshine," Jade said smiling at her and Caroline blushed slightly as Damon rolled his eyes.

"She's a girl, not an it and she looks perfect," Lily said glaring at Damon daring him to contradict her.

"You know what you're right. It's-She's completely perfect," Damon said quickly and her glare relaxed into a smile as she looked at her daughter. "Even completely exhausted and without her wand on her, she's scary. You have my sympathies for the rest of your marriage life." Damon said to James quietly who looked at him with his expression reading, 'I know but what can I do? You don't choose who you fall in love with.'

"Damon Salvatore afraid of a woman, alert the media," Jade said smirking at him.

"Oh shut it you little shit," Damon said rolling his eyes fondly before he said, "Your mother was scary. You only see her how she is now, I've been at the wrong end of her wand and let me tell you, it is not pretty," Damon said with a full-out shiver and she laughed at him.

"I heard that Day," Lily said narrowing her eyes at him.

"So what are you naming her Lils?" Damon quickly changed the subject.

"Oh my god her eyes are opening!" James and Sirius said at the same time ecstatic as all four of the men huddled around the woman eager to see.

"Ok I have to admit, her eyes are beautiful," Damon said to her smiling down at the kid.

"I was going to go with Violet for her name, but now that I see her eyes, I think Jade would suit her better, don't you think?" Lily asked them and James nodded immediately with tears in his eyes.

"She's-She's perfect," James said wiping his eyes as Damon clapped a hand on his shoulder.

"Congratulations James. I'm happy for you, both of you," Damon said smiling at his friends.

The others in the cinema, those who knew Damon realised that they had never seen him smile quite like that before, he always had smirks, or lopsided grins but never a real smile but as they looked at the screen, they actually saw how happy he truly looked and it was a shock.

"Thanks Fangs," James said causing Damon to roll his eyes.

"Are you ever going to stop calling me that?" Damon said exasperatedly.

"Nope. You're an honorary marauder and therefore you must have a nickname," James said.

"Wait! Did he just say marauder?" George asked.

"Yup. My biological dad is Prongs, my godfather is Padfoot and my honourary uncle is Moony," Jade said looking at him sadly, he looked like he was ecstatic and sad at the same time. For one he was looking at his idles but he couldn't share it with his twin anymore. It was honestly depressing.

"What about Wormtail?" Geroge asked curiously.

"Peter Pettigrew you mean? Well, he's dead," Jade said and there was suddenly something almost vicious in her eyes as they glowed green before Damon's hand rubbing her arm snapped her out of it. He knew the story obviously so he understood her but he didn't know that the guy was dead. Oh well, good riddance. He never really liked the guy anyway.

"What's a marauder?" Katherine asked confused.

"It's just a name that they called their friendship group," Jade explained.

"But Fangs seriously?" Damon asked.

"Well it could have been Leech?" Sirius said and Damon raised an eyebrow at him. "Uh...no offence."

"How did they find out what you were?" Bonnie asked curiously.

"It was Sirius that found me feeding on someone in the woods. He was in his animagus form though," Damon said remembering how they first met. 

"His what form?" Rebekah asked curiously.

"An animagus is a witch or wizard that can morph into an animal at will. You can only have one form though," Jade explained to her.

"Do you have one?" Kol asked curiously. He was getting more and more intrigued by this world.

"Yup," Jade said.

"Show me," Kol demanded.

"Now why would I do that?" Jade asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Please?" Kol asked reluctantly, too curious to bother what the others might think.

"Fine, but only for a moment," Jade said before all of a sudden, where she was sitting, there was a beautiful white, grey and black wolf with green eyes.

"Oh my God!" Bonnie said shocked at the huge wolf that was now sitting partly in Damon's lap and on her seat. Damon laughed at the look on her face before he looked at Jade questioningly, asking if he could stroke her, she nodded at him nudging his cheek with her head. Damon smiled as he did so and said, "Your fur is so soft."

"You're beautiful," Klaus said as he leaned forwards in his seat looking at the wolf in curiosity and awe. Jade lifted her head and looked at him and climbed onto the seats before walking to him looking at him in curiosity, clearly she could sense the wolf in him. She walked forwards and nudged him slightly as he hesitated looking at Damon questioningly, who looked at him warily before nodding and Klaus stroked her fur. "Can she hear what I'm saying?"

She nodded at him telling him she could before she moved away from his hand and looked next to her to Kol who was looking at her in awe. "Animaguses have full control over themselves, they still keep all the senses of their human form," Damon explained as he watched her walk to Kol a little warily but he knew she could handle herself.

The wolf tilted her head at Kol in curiosity before she jumped back onto her seat. "Wait, before you turn back, can I...uh..." Caroline trailed off looking at her hopefully. The wolf looked at her for a moment before she climbed down from her seat and then walked to her seat, she climbed onto the girl's lap making sure not to put her entire weight on her. as Caroline hesitated before petting her. "OMG! You are so beautiful!" The wold nudged her face into her neck at that causing Caroline to laugh before the wolf looked at Draco and he could have sworn it smirked for a moment before it jumped into his lap and he nearly screamed before calming down and looking into green eyes that he could have sworn were laughing at him.

She took mercy on him and got off before George smiled and said, "Your marauder nickname should be Paws or something." The wolf looked at him and jumped into his lap nudging his head before it turned and locked eyes with Tyler who was looking at her as well. It climbed over the boys as Jeremy said, "Woah. This is so frigging cool!" The wolf looked at him at that before she carried on walking to Tyler and nudged his head curiously. His eyes widened and he raised a hesitant hand to pet her fur, he wished he could be like her, everything would be so much easier if he could keep his mind when he transformed.

"It's not that impressive," Elena said jealously, she was taking everyone's attention.

The wolf nudged his head one more time before she looked to Elena and growled causing her to flinch back in fear before she hopped off Tyler's lap and went back to her seat though she did give Stefan the fright of his life when she jumped on him, her green eyes looking into his green ones. "You are gorgeous!" Rebekah said to her and Jade turned to her climbing into her lap nudging her head slightly before she jumped over both of them and onto her seat. She changed back into her form and many closed their eyes at that. "Relax, we get to keep our clothes."

"That is so unfair," Tyler said.

"That was a weird experience. Sorry about that. I don't know what came over me," She looked to Klaus and Tyler apologetically as she said this, not knowing why she had gone to them like that.

"No need to apologise love. We're both part werewolf after all, so your wolf must have sensed that," Klaus said to her.

"Oh right. I forgot you were hybrid for a second but then if you're only part werewolf too, then you're a hybrid as well but how is that possible?" Jade said questioningly.

"Ask him," Tyler said nodding to Klaus and Jade turned to him curiously.

"It's a long story love. I won't bore you with the details," Klaus said just as the screen played.

"Offence taken," Damon said before he vamp sped in front of him and showed his vampire face causing Sirius to scream like a girl as the other men erupted in laughter. Damon was bent over from laughing as he said, "Y-You should have seen your f-face!"

None of them had seen Damon laugh so joyously before, literally never, if he laughed it was sarcastic and mocking, never a true happy laugh like they were hearing now.

They all suddenly stopped laughing when they heard the baby crying and Lily immediately tried to calm her down as she said, "Now look what you've done. You've scared my little girl. Honestly can't you guys act your age for once, especially you Day, considering you are like more than 5 times their age."

"My apologies Lils," Damon said apologetically as he smirked at Sirius, who glared at him playfully.

"I'll get you back for that," Sirius whispered knowing he could hear it.

"I'd like to see you try," Damon said.

"And I'd like to see the both of you shut up for once. I swear to Merlin, must you guys be at each other's necks every time," Remus said shaking his head at them.

"He started it!" They both said pointing at each other.

"And I'll be finishing it unless you both shut your traps right now," Lily said threateningly.

"Of course Lils," Damon said as Sirius agreed as well, the both of them sending smiles each other's way.

"Were you really that scared of my mother?" Jade asked laughing.

"She was quite a formidable woman and also remember that she had been pregnant for 9 months and her hormones were through the roof so the smallest things we did set her off so all of us were pretty scared because her hexes were the worst," Damon said. 

"Wait did you stay with them for the entire time?" Jade asked curiously.

"Yup. They made me live with them for the entirety of her pregnancy because Lils had nearly fallen down the stairs once and we all were sitting in the living room. I managed to get to her before they could even pick up their wands so they told me to stay for safety purposes just in case something like that happens again," Damon explained and Jade kissed his cheek in thanks before they turned back to the screen as it played. 

"Can I hold her?" James finally worked up the courage to ask as Lily gave her to him. He held it in his arms gently as Damon stood near just in case one of them drop her accidentally.

"I want to hold her next," Sirius said.

"Remus you may hold her now," Lily said holding the baby out to him as Remus came forwards and held him with hesitation in his every movement.

"But-But I'm the Godfather!" Sirius whined.

"And yet you're whining like a child," Damon said mockingly.

"Day!" Lily said and he raised his hands in surrender before making a show of zipping up his lips. Finally it was Damon's turn and he was immediately against the idea.

"Day just hold her. She doesn't bite, unlike you," Lily said as an afterthought.

"Ugh! Fine!" Damon said as he reluctantly held his arms out to take the child. He held it away from him as if it were a terrible disease.

"Day my baby's not Simba and you are not the bloody baboon. For Merlin's sake hold her properly," Lily scolded, the muggle reference going right over the other's heads but Damon understood for he rolled his eyes. That was one of the reasons he got along well with her, they both have lived in the muggle world so Lily finally felt like she found a kindred spirit.

"I love your mother," Rebekah said with a laugh as the others laughed at Lily's comment as well.

"I have to admit I quite like her too. She's feisty," Katherine said.

"Thank you," Jade said to the both of them with a smile.

Damon held her properly and he looked uncomfortable at first before he relaxed and as he looked at the kid, she suddenly yawned and blinked up at him curiously and he couldn't help the small smile that came on his face.

"Who knew you'd be good with kids?" Stefan said in disbelief at seeing his brother hold a baby so gently.

"Oh my God! I can't believe I have a child. I have a little girl with my beautiful Lily flower! Can you believe this Padfoot? I have a little girl!" James suddenly shouted.

"I know!" Sirius said happily before both friends froze at once looking at each with shock in their eyes as they both said at the same time, "I'm a godfather/I'm a father!" Their eyes rolled back in their heads before they both fainted. Remus caught Sirius but Damon was holding on to Jade so James fell headfirst to the floor. The last three looked at each other with exasperated sighs that basically said, 'What are we going to do with these two idiots?'

"You guys look so done with them," Jeremy said with a laugh.

"They were exasperating at times, overly dramatic, completely bonkers and just plain mental but you just couldn't help but love them," Damon said fondly.

"I've only gotten to know them for barely a few minutes and I love them. I can't believe they're dead," Rebekah said sadly. She could see how much Damon cared for them and to have lost all of them must have been heartbreaking and then there was Jade, who had lost all of them too.

"It's fine Rebekah. It's been a while anyway, almost 17 years," Damon said sadly.

"Wait what? But then you were only..." Rebekah turned to Jade in sadness, she didn't even get to remember any memories with her parents if she was only a year old.

"One years old, yeah but I did get to spend time with Uncle Padfoot before he, you know," Jade said to the girl before she turned back to the memory not wanting to answer any other questions.

"Day can I tell you something?" Lily asked after he gave her the baby and helped Remus in putting the two unconscious men on the seats before Remus went to get some food for them.

"Of course, anything Lils," Damon said coming to sit on the chair by her bedside as she used a spell that created a bubble around them before it vanished.

"What was that?" Caroline asked curiously.

"It's a silencing spell so others can't hear what they're saying," Draco explained.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but I need to, for her. There's a prophecy, a prophecy that has made Jade a target for You-know-who. It is said that, 'The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...and the Dark Lord will mark her as his equal, but she will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.' It could have been Alice and Frank's child but it specifies a girl and I don't want anything to happen to her. I need you to promise me, promise me that if anything happens to me, James or the others with this war becoming worse that you'll keep her safe. I will gladly give my life for her and I know the others would too but that will mean she'd be left alone and I can't have that so promise me that you'll take her in. Please!" Lily begged with tears streaming down her face.

Damon wiped her tears and held her face in his hands as he said, "Hey Lils, nothing's going to happen to you or the others ok? But if it does then I promise I'll take her in but I do warn you that I'm not good with children."

"I think if it comes down to it, you'll do just fine," Lily said smiling at her brother in all but blood.

"You did great dad. I couldn't have imagined a better life than what you gave to me," Jade said kissing his cheek and he smiled at her with absolute love in his eyes as he kissed her forehead.

"I did good didn't I?" Damon asked ruffling her hair slightly.

"You did. I turned out perfect after all," Jade said with a light smirk on her face.

"That you did," Damon said with a laugh.

"You both are so cute. Honestly I don't think I can say this enough, it's just cuteness overload," Caroline said looking at them with a smile on her face as Draco looked at her wondering why her smile did things to his insides. He's never felt it before, not with Pansy or anyone, though she was a total annoyance and he hated every moment he had spent with her.

"You think?" Damon asked her.

"I know," Lily said and he smiled before he got up and kissed her forehead just as Remus barged into the room. "We need to get out of here. It's not safe to stay any longer. We made a risk just coming here and I'm pretty sure I just saw a death eater from outside the window." They hurriedly woke the other two up, Damon picked up Lily as she held the baby and the others put their hand on either of his shoulders before the rest held hands and apparated out of there just as the door was broken down and a spell was sent their way.

"Oh my God! That was a close one," Tracey said sighing in relief.

"Tell me about it," Blaise said in agreement.

The scene shifted and they were suddenly back in the chamber with Damon looking back at the goblin, he had clearly just relived the moment when he promised to look after the girl so he said, "Where would I find her?"

The scene shifted once again after the question to see him walking down a street before he stopped for a second and it showed he heard crying coming from nearby. He looked around confused as to where the child's crying was coming from before he began to follow the noise curiously and that's when he walked through the trees as his eyes caught sight of a young girl curled up in a ball in front of a tree crying her eyes out.

"Yes! We're going to see you two meet! Finally!" Caroline said happily as Damon rolled his eyes at her dramatics.

"Now what's a little girl like you doing here alone in the woods at night?" Damon asked the girl crouching down to her level and she looked up at him causing him to freeze slightly as he stared into her eyes, they were so familiar and he also noticed a weirdly shaped scar on her forehead in the form of a lightning bolt. There was also some dried blood caked on the side of her head which he looked at concerned alongside a bruise on her cheek.

"Wh-Who are you?" Jade asked scared.

"I'm Damon. Now what's your name?" Damon asked.

"Freak," Jade said automatically.

"What did you just say?" George asked dangerously and Jade just sighed looking away from the others. Now the others realized why Damon had gone ballistic when Elena had called Jade a freak.

"Jade why would you think of yourself as such?" Luna asked sadly.

"It's not that I thought of myself like that. It was because I actually thought that was my name. They didn't call me anything else besides that or Girl so..." Jade shrugged.

"They're monsters," Caroline said in disgust and rage.

"I never thought I'd be happy with you killing someone but I am," Bonnie said to him.

"You killed them? Well thank God for that." Stefan said happy that they were dead and out of his niece's life.

"I really do hope you made them suffer mate," Klaus said to Damon.

"Well if their screams were anything to go by then they sure did," Damon said with a vicious smirk on his face before they turned back to the memory.

"Now why would you say that?" Damon asked angrily.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me. I-I just, you asked for my name and th-that was it. I'm sorry," Jade said crying with fear in her eyes as she raised her arms over her head and squeezed her eyes shut as if preparing to be hit.

"God I hate them so much," Rebekah said heartbroken at what those monsters had done to her.

"You and me both," Stefan said as he glared at the screen.

"Hey! Hey! Woah, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you ok? I wouldn't do that. I'm a friend," Damon placated confused and worried for the girl, it was obvious someone had hurt her and from the look of the cut on the side of her head and the bruises on her arms and the one on her face, it was most likely abuse.

"A friend? I've never had one of those before," Jade said now looking at him curiously.

"Oh," Damon said clearly not knowing what to say. "Ok where's your home sweetheart?"

"I don't want to go back there. Please don't send me back there. He gonna hurt me," Jade said now shaking in fear.

"Ok, ok I won't take you back there. Cosa ne dovrei fare di te, Stellina (What am I going to do with you Little Star)?" Damon said the last part to himself wondering what to do now. He had come to Little Whinging with the intention of finding Jade but now he's stuck with another problem. He couldn't knowingly leave the girl in a clearly abusive household so what should he do? 

"Thank God there's subtitles because I have no idea what you're saying in what I'm assuming is Italian?" Caroline asked questioningly.

"Yes it's Italian," Damon said to her.

"Can you speak italian too?" Caroline asked Stefan curiously.

"Yeah. Haven't spoken it in a while though so I might be a bit rusty," Stefan said, he hasn't spoken it since they were turned.

"Thank you. Um...what did...nevermind," Jade said looking down shaking slightly.

"It's alright you can ask me anything," Damon said gently.

"I'm not allowed to ask questions though. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry," Jade said looking at him with fear again.

"Now I wished I would have the chance to kill them myself," Rebekah said having never felt so pissed off before.

"Miss Potter? Is that why you never put your hand up to ask questions in my class?" Mcgonagall asked her and Jade just fiddled with her shirt looking away from her.

"Wait, class? You have a magical school too?" Katherine asked shocked.

"Yup. It's called Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry," Jade answered the handsome man.

"Hogwarts? You have something as special as a magical school and you call it hogwarts?" Kol asked in disbelief.

"It was one of the founder's choice, Rowena Ravenclaw's, to be precise. Apparently she had a dream where a warty hog lead her to the place that Hogwarts is now built on so that's where the name came from," Daphne responded.

"What? Look, you can ask as many questions as you like. I would never hurt you," Damon tried to get that through to her completely shocked at the extent of the abuse.

Jade looked at him warily before she said, "You-you said something in a different language before, it wasn't english. I just..."

"...wanted to know what I said? Well I asked myself what I was going to do with you Little star," Damon responded truthfully.

"Little star?" Jade asked looking at him with her head titled adorably.

"Much better than freak don't you think?" Damon said trying to control his anger at the fact that she had called herself that. "Now tell me, how old are you?"

"I'm 8," The girl said.

"Wait what, but you look barely six years old," Caroline said looking at the tiny girl on screen, she couldn't possibly be 8.

"Were you really 8 at the time?" Katherine asked in disbelief.

"Yup," Jade said knowing how unbelievable it was, her stature was so small and tiny that she literally looked like a 6-year-old.

"What on earth did those monsters do to you?" Rebekah said angrily and Jade just sighed, guess it comes with living in a cupboard for 8 years and barely getting enough food.

"What?" Damon said looking at her shocked before closing his eyes trying to control his anger, he didn't need to vamp out in front of the girl and scare her off, he would deal with that later. He saw her shivering as it was a cold night and said, "Hey look, I'm just gonna go to my car very quickly and get something. I'll be right back ok? Just don't move from there." 

"You'll be back right?" Jade asked unsurely.

"Has no one told you what Stranger danger means?" Elena said rolling her eyes at the girl, was she stupid? If it hadn't been Damon then what would have happened? Oh well, who cares.

"Not at the time no, because my oh-so-loving relatives told me that if someone offered me a sweet, I should do exactly as they say and if a random stranger wants to take me somewhere, I should follow them wherever, so no Elena, I had no idea what Stranger Danger meant," Jade said bitterly.

"They told you what?" Damon asked enraged having not known that. Jade just sighed as she squeezed his hand to tell him she was fine. 

"How could they be so cruel?" Bonnie said in disbelief.

"I just can't believe that Potter's family were such monsters," Blaise said shaking his head.

"She said we can call her Jade Blaise," Tracey reminded him. 

"Right," Blaise said nodding his head.

"Yes I'll come back and then save you from that horrible family of yours. Everything will be fine ok?" Damon asked before he ran a little but when he was sure she couldn't see him anymore, he vamp sped to his car and pulled out his jacket that he left there before making his way back to the girl who looked relieved when she saw him return. (This is the part where she was pulled in the antechamber with the other entities, before Damon returned)

"Told you I'd come back didn't I?" Damon said as he very slowly put the jacket around her to show he didn't mean any harm but she still flinched a few times.

"Thank you," Jade said softly as she snuggled into the jacket that was way too big for her.

"You look so adorable," Caroline couldn't help but say.

"Thank you," Jade said to her a slight blush on her cheeks.

"No problem," Damon said smiling at the adorable kid. "Ok would you mind coming with me? My car's warmer and I need to look for someone as well so you can wait in there until I come back."

Jade looked up at him and nodded her head as she tried to get up only to wince as she forgot her burnt legs but before she could fall Damon caught her and she flinched away from his touch as he let go of her when he thought she was stable but she still couldn't walk. She had only managed to run on her adrenaline but it was too painful now. "What happened?" Damon asked concerned.

"It hurts. I can't-I can't walk," Jade said sobbing.

"Hey it's ok. Can I pick you up?" Damon asked crouching so that he was eye-level with her. Jade looked at him for a good few seconds before giving a very hesitant nod and he slowly and gently reached his hands out and picked her up as she wrapped her arms around his neck, his hands were on her back and despite the burn she was feeling from the lashes, she didn't want to say anything so she just stayed quiet, the jacket helping as well.

"Why didn't you tell me your back was, you know?" Damon asked, now watching it he could see the wince she tried to hide when his hand made contact with her back.

"I wasn't used to telling anyone so I didn't," Jade said with a shrug and he sighed as he held her tighter to him, hating what she went through, if only he had found out about Sirius's imprisonment sooner, then he could have taken custody of her earlier so she wouldn't have went through that. He was beyond thankful for the Gringotts letter that had come to him and the goblin who had told him everything, without which she might have been living with those monsters for far longer.

"Here. Stay here. The doors will be locked but for safety purposes, just keep your head down. You can just lie down in the backseat, you look exhausted anyway," Damon said as he opened the door and put her inside. "Don't worry. I'll be right back."

"Pinky Promise?" Jade asked putting out her pinky.

Damon looked like he couldn't believe what he was doing as he wrapped his larger pinky around her smaller one and said, "Pinky promise."

Jade smiled at him then and he smiled back at her before he shut the door and locked the car waving at her through the window before he went to the address the goblin gave him and knocked on the door.

"Well this is certainly going to be a shock," Tracey said.

"Yeah and knowing Damon's anger, it's also going to be a bloodbath," Katherine said with a smirk.

"I would certainly hope so," Daphne said from next to her.

 "It's nothing less than they deserve," Blaise said in agreement.

The door opened and he was met by the sight of Petunia who screamed when she saw him as he smirked at her, "Hello Petunia."

"You can't come in. I haven't invited you in," Petunia said frantically.

"I know. Now you see I'm looking for Jade Potter. Where is she?" Damon asked dangerously.

"Leave my family alone you disgusting bloodsucking vampire," Petunia said looking at him in disgust, not even realising that as she spat this at him, her head had inched closer to him making it slightly outside the doorway and Damon smirked seeing this as he, faster than she could see, bit into her neck and pulled her outside the house as she screamed.

"Be quiet," Damon compelled her before turning to the doorway as her husband came and looked at the two of them horrified. "Invite me in or your wife is dead." He smirked with blood dripping from his mouth as Vernon looked at him in fear before turning to his wife who shook her head at him but he did so anyway. "Lovely," Damon said with a smirk as he pushed the woman inside with her husband and they backed away from him the closer he got.

"Jade Potter, where is she?" Damon demanded again.

"The little freak ran off," Vernon spat.

"What did you just call her?" Damon asked glaring at him veins appearing under his eyes and he flinched in fear just as Dudley came towards them only to scream at the sight of Damon, which he smirked at.

"When did she run?" Damon asked beginning to connect the dots though he would rather stay in denial than accept what he suspected.

"J-Just a few minutes ago," Petunia stuttered in fear as she hid her son behind her.

"What does she look like?" Damon demanded shaking in rage.

"Sh-She has curly blonde hair and green eyes w-with a scar on her forehead," Petunia described and Damon nearly lost it, he looked in the man's eyes and compelled him, "You're going to call a close family member to take in your child because the poor kid's not going to have anyone to live with anymore."

"That was funny," Kol said laughing.

"That's one way to scare the shit out of them. I approve," Rebekah said in amusement at the terrified looks the husband and wife shared.

Vernon, with no choice of his own, made a call to his sister to come and take Dudley for a while before putting the phone down. Damon crouched in front of the kid as Petunia tried to move him away and he smirked up at her as he said, "Now unless you want me to kill him as well, I really do suggest you let go."

Petunia did so reluctantly and he compelled the kid, "You're going to go to your room and you're going to go to sleep until you hear this Marge's voice, then and only then will you wake up." The kid did as he was told and went upstairs as Damon got up and looked at the two of them before he smirked a very dangerous smirk.

"Yup. You're both dead," Jeremy said with a nod of his head.

"No joke though, that face is creepy, it would frighten literally anyone," Matt said.

"Why thank you," Damon said with a smirk.

"I'm waiting for you to do something stupid because me rooting for you is getting kind of weird," Rebekah said to Damon honestly. 

"You know what Bekah you're right. This is weird," Kol said in agreement looking disturbed as Damon laughed at the two of them.

The scene then shifted to the outside of the house and suddenly screams were heard as the nearby houses' lights switched on. Then it showed Damon coming out the back of the house with blood dripping from literally everywhere with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"No! I wanted to see what you did to them!" Kol whined.

"It sounded particularly gruesome mate," Klaus said with a smirk.

"I was honestly looking forward to seeing that," Katherine said disappointed.

"Me too," Daphne pouted.

"There There. Daph. I understand that as a bit of a sadist, this would be quite disappointing but everything will be fine," Blaise said patting her head mockingly. 

Daphne slapped his hand away before glaring at him as she said, "Don't ever do that again."

"Blaise you awoke the beast. Honestly what is wrong with you? She's not known as the Ice Queen for nothing," Tracey said to Blaise.

"If you ever call me that again, I will kill you," Daphne said pointing her wand at him.

"You can't use that in here," Blaise said smugly and that was the only reason he had actually dared to tease her.

"I don't need my wand to kill you. I'll bloody strangle you instead," Daphne said.

"Yeah I don't think you can do that either," Tracey said.

"You do realise we will get out here eventually and then I will be able to use my wand whenever I want on whoever I want," Daphne said with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh...right. I forgot. My most sincerest apologies," Blaise said quickly.

"Mine too," Tracey said sheepishly. Daphne harrumphed before turning to the screen as the others listened amused. Draco just rolled his eyes, he had heard enough of their fights in the common room.

The scene then showed the inside of the house, there was bloodied hands over the walls, with blood dripping down them. There was blood basically everywhere, the screen literally gave a tour of the house until it stopped on the two dead bodies lying side by side barely recognizable with all the blood covering them.

"I'm impressed. You might even give the Rippah a run for his money," Klaus said smirking at the screen as Stefan rolled his eyes. 

No one could deny the satisfaction they were feeling as they watched the bloodied house. They didn't particularly care how gruesome it was because those monsters deserved to suffer.

"Damon wasn't that a little too harsh?" Elena said looking at the screen disgusted.

"Harsh is what they did to her, this is just karma and they deserved every single moment of it," Caroline said to her angrily.

"Merin you're hot when you're angry," Draco whispered very quietly so only she'd be able to hear, not knowing when he'd become so bold but he couldn't help it.

"I-uh..." Caroline stuttered before looking away from him as he smirked at her flustered state before they all turned back to the screen.

The scene then shifted back to Damon. He knew he couldn't show up like this to his car, it would freak her out and that was the understatement of the century so he sighed wondering what to do. He vamp sped around the houses and saw a man with clothes that would probably fit him and quickly snatched him, compelled him to invite him in his house and drained him dry.

"That was an innocent person Damon," Elena said angrily and Damon just shrugged not really caring.

"What if he had a family?" Jade asked looking at the poor guy sadly.

Damon sighed as he looked at her apologetically and said, "His house was empty if it helps."

"Still," Jade said sadly.

"I don't feed on people now Jay, I drink from blood bags," Damon said.

"Don't mistake me Dad. I don't mind you feeding on people, it's your basic instinct and I understand that. I don't want you going against your own nature to please anyone, especially me because I have no problem with it, but it's just the killing that bothers me. Snatch, eat, erase is fine though. You don't have to live on blood bags. I understand that the taste is not so pleasant compared to blood fresh from the vein," Jade said to him not wanting to make him think she had anything against his vampire side, no, she loved him, every part of him. She didn't notice the shocked looks she was getting from literally every vampire in the room. No witch they'd ever met had been so understanding of their basic instincts and yet she was.

Damon smiled at her uttermost love in his eyes as he kissed her forehead and said, "You know, you're the best thing that ever happened to me."

"As are you," Jade said smiling at him as she kissed his cheek before they turned back to the screen as Caroline stopped herself from gushing about how cute they were again.

The screen showed Damon coming out of the guy's shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Oh my eyes! My eyes! My poor innocent eyes!" Jade said melodramatically as she covered her face.

"Oh stop being dramatic," Damon said with a roll of his eyes.

"I'm the daughter of James Potter and Damon Salvatore and the goddaughter of Sirius Black. I can't help it," Jade said.

"You just made it sound like me and James were in a relationship," Damon said with a disgusted look on his face. James had been like a brother to him after all.

"Dad! Seriously!" Jade said laughing at the look on his face before turning back to the screen with a shake of her head.

Damon walked to the guy's closet and took out some clothes to wear still in only a towel and with the curtains not fully closed, his upper half was bathed in the moonlight.

Bonnie was blushing madly at this point as she looked at Damon's on-screen self wide-eyed. Damon turned to her hearing a slight hitch in her breath and smirked as he saw her face, he wrapped his arm around her and leaned closer towards her ear and whispered, "See something you like?"

Bonnie squirmed slightly her cheeks flaming red and Damon chuckled softly in her ear sending shivers down her spine and he took mercy on her and leant back in his seat but there was still a smirk on his face as she looked anywhere but at him though she still took occasional peaks at him on screen.

"It's so unfair that Potter's dad is so freaking hot," Blaise said.

"Tell me about it," Tracey said in agreement.

"No, but seriously, it has to be illegal to be so handsome," Padma and Parvati giggled.

"He's not only handsome, he's absolutely gorgeous," Lavendar said dreamily.

"You do realise he's a vampire with heightened hearing right?" Daphne said to them and they exchanged looks before looking back at Damon who was smirking at them with a raised eyebrow and they quickly turned around.

"Oh," They both said.

"Yeah, oh," Daphne said mockingly. "And honestly guys that's gross. He's Pott-Jade's dad." She amended.

"Doesn't make him any less hot," Blaise said with a shrug as Damon was getting the ego boost of a lifetime.

The scene shifted to show him burning the body so that others wouldn't suspect anything before making his way, now clean, back to his car. He quickly vamp sped over there and found her in the car fast asleep and sighed in relief. He got in the front seat before looking back at her as he said, "I promised Lils I would look after you if anything happens to them but I've already failed in that task for the past 7 years you lived with those monsters. I-I saw the cupboard by the way, that bitch tried to hide herself in it, didn't work obviously but I saw the paper that read, "Freak's room." You have no idea how angry I felt and still am Jade."

"They kept you in a cupboard?" Tom asked finally saying something, he remembered the cellar he was mostly thrown in for the things he did and swallowed at the memories.

"Yeah," Jade said trying to push her anger at the boy away. He wasn't Voldemort she told herself. Not yet anyway.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry," Tom said softly. Jade just sighed not saying anything as she turned back to the screen, the others too horrified at the revelation to even speak. They couldn't believe they had kept her in a cupboard. How much more inhumane could they get?

"I suspected that it was you the moment I saw your eyes but then I saw the bruises littering your arms and I just...I suppose I was in denial. You were supposed to live a happy life but then you got stuck in this hellhole because of that rat. I'm so glad I found you now though and I promise that I will take care of you, protect you and basically do what should have been done in the first place. Sei al sicuro ora, Stellina (You're safe now Little Star)," Damon said looking at the sleeping girl for a moment before he turned back to the wheel and drove out of there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

768K 25K 132
Follow the girl who lived, Anastasia Lily Potter and her friends as they go back in time, to their parent's era, and time at Hogwarts, carrying with...
44.3K 1.6K 19
In which Daria Jackson and the demigods, Gods and the students of Hogwarts watch her summer adventures. (hp x pjo) (J. Potter x Fem!Percy x R. Black)...
348K 11.2K 24
Annabelle Malfoy is going into her third year at Hogwarts. Annabelle has always felt the odd one in the family. Probably because she was adopted. She...
126K 2.3K 24
Watching the movies with the Potter twins what if Harry has twin sister Dya? What if James and Lily come to know about their children's life? will th...