déjà vu - KOTLC

By A_mesmer_246

Hi everyone! I will be writing this in my free time (which will be super spreed out, sorry) its takes place... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not a chapter! Chapter #
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
A/N... Oops (IMPORTANT!)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 31

197 6 2
By A_mesmer_246

"We. Need. To. Talk." Mr. Forkle said very slowly. Uh oh. "Do you want my team to stay or--"

"No we need to talk alone."

"Ok." Sophie said. "How about you guys get the triplets and you can play base quest around the pastures?" Everyone nodded and Keefe gave her a look that seemed to say, Good Luck! She smiled at him but before she could get back to the Forkle situation Fitz Signaled her to open her mind.

we need to talk later.

why?

We just need to okay?

Fine just let me handle this and try not to get killed in the process.

You definitely have a predicament huh? In trouble?

Probably. She said before shutting him out again and he walked away. "It seems we have a lot to talk about Miss Foster." Mr. Forkle said skeptically.

"Your Friends informed us off the progress you maid last night." Emery said. he gave her a pointed look. "Is there anything else we need to know about?"

"Not that I know of." She said sweetly. she maid sure to lace just enough confusion into her words. "Miss Foster we need to know how you think you may be able to track the Neverseen" Mr. Forkle said blatantly.

"Well its more of a theory but I'm going to try and track Grady's thoughts. Its going to be a lot of strain sense I'm not sure were to look but I might be able to stretch my consciousness enough to find him." This was not a lie. Sophie was planing on searching for Grady's thoughts but she also did kind of know where to look thanks to Nightshade. "Miss Foster Please open your mind." Mr Forkle said. Sophie put as much innocence into her words as she could, "I'm not hiding anything.". That was definitely a lie. She had to hide her secrets quick. "But, I'll let you take a quick look okay?"

Mr. Forkle nodded.

Okay now she really needed to hurry with that hiding spot. Sophie closed her eyes. Where should she hide it? She had to find a place to keep those secrets hidden without seeming suspicious and she had to hurry... what if she found a new place to bury her secrets at? She organized her most recent secrets (Like the forgotten secrets) and what she wanted to keep hidden (Like Nightshade, the comb, the stars, and the truces) And dragged them along with her, tying them together like some sort of memory garland. She went as deep as she could into her mind and found a few new barriers. some were warm and welcoming while others were prickly and uncomfortable. they were like the back wall or basement of her brain. she carefully opened one of the deeper and colder ones and was met with something that could only be described as a mental blizzard. she tied her memory garland to that place and led a secret line all the way back to her mental nook. if she found that special line she could easily bring herself back to her hiding spot but she maid sure she knotted it up with other threads so it was harder to find. she turned on her little mental vacuum to let Mr. Forkle in and opened her eyes. Hopefully that didn't take to long. "Okay your good to go." She said. It didn't seem like much changed so she couldn't have taken to long.  she quickly waved away those thoughts as Mr. Forkle closed his eyes. Sophie counted to 456 before Mr. Forkle stepped back. "Thankyou Miss Foster." He said with a trusting smile. Guess it worked. "Only one more serious matter to discuss." Oh no... Sophie forgot to hide the plan for the caches. "Councilor Emery Gave me a certain detail earlier which you just confirmed." He said frowning. "I'm sorry miss Foster but we can not let you open the forgotten secrets."

"Why not!?" Sophie shouted.

"We cant have you risk your sanity Miss Foster! Your far to valuble to-- to everyone!" Was he about to say to me?

"Look I know the risks ok! I've been contemplating them for MONTHS now and I am still certain its what needs to be done! Look somebody needs to face those mistakes or History will just repeat itself! Councilor Emery! Did the council object?"

Emery shifted uncomfortably, "Your opinion was agreed on but only by one vote."

"Who voted against it?" Sophie asked even though she thinks she already knows that answer.

"Me, Bronte, Oralie, Terik, and-- Alina." Alina? Ok wasn't expecting that. "Sophie." Mr. Forkle continued, "You need to realize that the people who care about you are not just going to simply going to let you risk yourself for the greater good--"

"NO! Mr. Forkle I know lost of people want me to be safe, but you have to let me take risks. Its the only way we are going to progress. The people who care about don't want me to do this... but I know that they know its better to let me go free on this one." Mr. Forkle heaved a long sigh.

"It seems your Moonlark is spreading her wings." Emery said with a small smile.

Mr. Forkle nodded and looked into Sophie's eyes. "Please just trust me okay?" Sophie said. after a long pause, Mr. Forkle finally nodded. "Thankyou." Sophie said, giving him a confident smile.

"If anything goes wrong Sophie..."

"it won't." Sophie said with another smile. He nodded again and pulled out a leaping crystal. "I will let the council know of the final verdict." Emery said as he also pulled out his crystal. Just like that they were gone and Sophie ran to were her friends were in the pastures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what did you want to talk about?" Sophie asked as her and Fitz maid there way over to Calla's tree. It was dark now. Sophie and most of the gang played base quest all day with the triplets. Sophie's team won every round they played and people fought over her quite a lot (Especially the triplets) Because everybody wanted a chance to win. Keefe also officially gave her the title 'The Ultimate Champion of Base Quest'. Of course he did. "I wanted to talk about the 'Unmatchable' thing. Its been a huge block in our cognate bond... and its been a block in our relationship." Fitz said when they made it to the tree. Relationship? Really?

"Fitz I thought we said--"

"I know what we said but I really do love you Sophie." He said with an intense stare.

"Fitz I'm kind of in a relationship with Keefe right now. Were not together together, but we are thinking about it."

"Well then stop."

"Fitz I cant just 'Stop'."

"Yes you can. You kissed Dex and were still thinking about me right?"

"Yes but that different."

"Whatever. I think I can help you find your Biological parents if you would just tell me who you already know about." He said. She shook her head.

"Why not?"

"Fitz its to big. Im just droping it okay? I cant let this stuff get in the way off our bigger problem--"

"This is a big problem Sophie! I really... I really miss my girlfriend okay?" He said with a pleading look.

"Fitz I already said that its better if we stay friends for now okay."

"Yet your kissing with Keefe!"

"Fitz! Keefe is supporting me! We are just waiting right now like you said you would but you didn't! You kept pushing! and now your starting to take it to far!"

"I am not pushing! I am trying to help you!"

"Then help me by stopping with the 'unmatchible' thing okay? Look if you really wanted to be in a relationship you would have just been a bad match no matter what--"

"THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH! ITS NEVER GOING TO BE GOOD ENOUGH! I HAVE TO UPHOLD THE NEW VACKER LEGACY AND YOUR MESSING IT UP!" He yelled, anger swirling through his expression.

"Then give up! I know I have!" Sophie said. Fitz glared at her.

"YOUR JUST A JEALOUS FREAK! 'Most Powerful Elf'! YOUR A FREAK!" That was the last straw. Sophie's trust in Fitz seemed to fade away.

"You know what Fitz? I think you should leave. I wouldn't want anybody getting hurt." Sophie said in a dangerous tone. Fitz lunged right for her. she tried to doge but he was already to close. He kissed her on her lips. for a second he stood there and seemed happy that he finally scored a kiss with Sophie. But as quickly as it started, it ended. Sophie punched him and they were split apart. Fitz stumbled back. he looked up at her with surprise and anguish written on his face. but one thing was also there. The thing Sophie hated the most. Triumph. "Like. I. Said. GET OUT!" Sophie screamed. the anger that was balling up in her heart released. A warning. She was giving Fitz a warning. Red sparks crackled from her hands and head.

"Fine! Lady Sophie Foster, you've made your point." He said. And then he was gone.

Jerk. She ran as fast as she could into the house and up to her room. tears were streaming down her face but they weren't just tears of sadness and hurt. they were tears of anger. pure anger. Fitz insulted her in the worst way. he targeted what she was insucure about, and he hit his mark. but what hurt her the most was the fact that she knew, deep down, she would always love Fitz. not like anything special, but like a brother. And now she may have just lost him. She never knew what it was like to have a brother but Dex, Fitz, and Tam showed her what it was like. and now... she may have just lost one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dex ran after her and the triplets were quick to follow (They really were growing on her) but she ignored them. she ran into her room and slammed the door behind her. She tried to move to her bed but she just couldn't. she collapsed on her carpet and began to sob. when she got the energy again she got up and started yelling and flinging pillows around her room. when she tired herself out she grabbed Ella and Iggy and curled up in a blanket on her bed. Iggy seemed a bit nervous because of Sophie outburst but quickly curled up on her shoulder. Dex must have changed his color again because he was now as soft sea green color. Sophie continued to cry and feel sorry for herself till three people wrapped her into a hug. Sophie peeked out of her blanket and saw Edaline, Juline, and Bex sitting around her on her bed. she wiped her tears away and pulled the blanket down some. "Do you want to talk about anything?" Edaline asked with concern written on her face. Sophie sniffed and wiped away a few more tears. "No. sorry."

"No, No. Its fine. were just worried about you." Juline said. Sophie nodded and walked over to her closet. she closed the door and quickly changed into some pj's. when she walked back out Edaline was setting up a mountain of pillows on the floor and Bex and Juline were in there own pj's. "What are you--"

"Say no more!" Edaline interrupted. she finally had some real happiness in her eyes. "We are all having a girls night!!" She said, running over and strangling Sophie with a hug. "Ive planed it all out! Its just going to be us four as a family! the boys are all off wrestling and watching that new tackle bramble game in mysterium so I decided we will have a Girls night!" She was so proud of herself. "Not only will it cheer you up, but it will be so much fun! we're going to watch a human movie too! I made the snacks!" She finished. Sophie couldn't lie, it sounded really fun.

"Dex helped set up the Television thing in your room with the movie and said you would know how to do the rest." Juline said.

"But first..." Bex said evilly.

Before Sophie could blink Bex pelted her with a huge pillow. "YOUR SO ON!" Sophie shouted, and so the Great Runwen/Dizzine Family Pillow War began (As Dex later called it). Sophie put her telekinesis to good use and launched 5 pillows at Bex. She dogged two but got hit by three more. Edaline and Juline added to the feathery carnage and Iggy bounced around a few times to avoid the fluffy projectiles. when they all collapsed on the floor laughing Sophie decided to turn off the lights and start the movie. Edaline had baked 19 batches of custurdburst just for this party! Transparently Juline had taught Edaline and Bex some english whenever she would watch her movies so it wasn't to hard for them to understand it. Sophie really did miss it. just a simple movie with her family was enough to mend her broken heart. She pulled them close to her and snuggled in her blankets with Ella and Iggy till she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Yayyyyyyyyy!! I LOVED wrighting this chapter soooo much! Sorry for the wait guys! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Thankyou all for your suppourt! I hope your enjoying this story!
Word Count: 2214

Happy Reading!

~@Amberle_mesmer_246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 456 33
So, under KOTLC Thoughts and Theories by me (I deleted it but I'm keeping the oneshots), duh, I wrote oneshot prompts for the Unlocked countdown. Eac...
8.5K 185 33
This fanfic takes place after Unlocked, which ends (spoiler alert) with Keefe leaving. Sophie's feeling pretty awful, but the Neverseen is still a th...
55K 799 54
"I can't speak for others but I love ❤️ your story" - sophitzandpercabeth1 This story is about what happens after Legacy, the amazing book by Shannon...
271 11 7
Hello. The writing challenge was set up by ALesbianCat on Tumblr and I'm putting together all of my oneshots in a single place for convenance and all...