Watching Her Life

By NBokhari

Damon has been hiding a secret from everyone, a secret only the closest person to him knows. And that secret... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Cast
Aesthetics
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Author's note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Author's note
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 12

17.6K 437 269
By NBokhari

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries 

AN: I've been sick at home lately so I've been too brain dead to work lately so I wrote this chapter and the last one instead. Oh and I will be deciding the pairing for Jade soon so hurry up and vote on the aesthetics chapter for who you want her to be with because I want to start the beginning of her love story :)

"Wait before we start, where are the other Weasleys? I mean if you brought George here, what about Ron, Ginny and their parents?" Seamus asked curiously.

"What about Hermione too?" Padma asked confused only just realising that they weren't here.

Damon felt Jade become stiff as soon as the questions were asked and he looked down at her wondering what was wrong. He remembered those names from the amount of times she's talked about them so why did the mention of their names had her tense up. Did something happen to them? Were they alright? He hoped so because he knew how much she cared for them, they were like a second family for her.

"I have brought only those necessary for the viewing," Death said refusing to give anything else away as he set the screen to stop when someone talks before playing it.

They all watched confused as an ordinary house came to view, it looked like a copy of every other house on the street. Despite its insignificance to the others, the stiffening of Jade's shoulders as her dad tightened his arm around her showed just how significant the house truly was.

Jade sat up removing herself from her dad, who was wide-eyed as he looked at the house on screen. The others close to them looked at the two confused registering their shocked expressions as they stared at the screen.

"Death! What the hell?!" Jade shouted out in shock, hoping it wasn't what she thought it was, but even she couldn't deny it when she read the sign Privet Drive. The place held so many memories, memories she had spent years trying to forget, so much so that she hadn't even told her dad the extent of what had transpired within those walls and now the shock of seeing the house that had brought her nothing but nightmares immediately had her going into a panic.

Death sighed, there was no point saying anything because she was not going to accept any explanation and he couldn't blame her. She had spent her entire life pushing it all away, every single memory, not even talking to her dad about anything. She wouldn't tell anyone but that's what she desperately needed to do. The pain of every memory that have gradually built up over the years were too much for her now, especially after what had happened before he brought her here and as they watched all these memories, he hoped to chip away every one of them, he hoped she would heal from them with the support and love from those she considered friends and family. She needed to heal otherwise she could never move forward.

"Death! Death! Death for f£$%'s sake! You can't do this. I am not watching this," Jade said desperately beginning to breathe heavily as she felt her panic rising, the others looking at her concerned as Damon held her hand rubbing circles of comfort trying to calm her down as he cursed Death in his mind not even caring if he could hear what he was saying. 

Jade looked at her dad with fear and pain in her eyes and he immediately but gently pulled her into his chest, he hated seeing her like this. What on earth was Death thinking? He knew that place had haunted her mind for a long time, he knew they had hurt her but he didn't know exactly what had happened to her. She never spoke of that place, not even when he calmed her down from a nightmare, she wouldn't tell him anything. He had seen the hand-shaped bruises on her arms that day and that's why he knew that they had hurt her but he didn't know the extent.

"it's for your own good Jade" Death said before he made sure she couldn't leave the room, that wasn't going to help her. He felt guilty for doing this, the last thing he wanted was to hurt her but for her to heal she needed to feel the pain first.

"My own good?! How is this for my own good? You can't do this. Please don't do this. Why did it have to be my life? Why not anyone else's?" Jade said as her body began trembling, the memories she tried so hard to suppress were fighting to enter the forefront of her mind from the place she had kept them locked for such a long time. 

Everyone from the wizarding world were looking at her concerned, they'd never heard her beg like that before, not even when she was in unbearable pain. Jade Willow Potter never begged and yet here she was doing just that. They realized they were going to be watching her life but why did that house bring out such a reaction from her? The Mystic Falls Gang were concerned for the girl as well, well except a certain someone obviously, who only rolled her eyes. Elijah was looking at the girl concerned himself from where he was sitting next to her, he could literally see how much she was shaking as her dad tried to comfort her. Rebekah was looking at the girl in worry whilst the other two Mikaelsons were looking at the girl in well they wouldn't say the same, it was mostly a feeling of confusion and the very slightest hint of concern they could actually muster.

"I wouldn't do anything to purposefully hurt you Jade. You will understand why I'm doing this later," Death stated simply.

Jade swallowed in dread before shaking her head, she couldn't do this, she couldn't watch even a moment in the house that gave her nothing but pain. She tried to get up and leave, only to find out that she couldn't lift herself up, it was like she was stuck to the seat. She struggled desperately but to no avail before she said, "Death. Let me go. I can't watch this. You can't make me watch this." The others didn't know what to do at seeing her in such a state, they wanted to help her but how could they go against Death himself?

Death sighed before playing the memory without a word. Jade tried to use her magic to free herself from the seat but against Death's power, she couldn't do anything. Damon then moved himself closer to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders stopping her unsuccessful attempts at freeing herself. She looked into his eyes and felt like crying but for some reason she didn't, she then looked down at the necklace Luna had given her and saw that it was glowing very slightly. 

Damon remembered what the girl had said that it would keep the tears at bay so he put two and two together and realised why it was glowing so he pulled her to him as she clutched his shirt and buried her head in his chest. She couldn't watch this and now he was too afraid to. What had happened to her he thought concerned as everyone looked from her to the screen as it played wanting to know what happened to the girl but at the same time, like Damon, they were too scared to know, especially after her reaction.

The scene shifted to show the inside, it looked like a normal house to anyone but for Jade it was anything but. It began to show the inside of the house a bit, the photos on the walls, the rooms and then the family inside the living room. 

Everyone looked disgusted as they laid eyes on them, there was a very thin woman with a long giraffe's neck and two others the complete opposites of her with fat as far as the eye could see. They weren't even obese, they were way worse. They were laughing at something on TV as Damon rubbed Jade's back as he felt her tense against him glaring at the bastards. They had tasted as bad as they looked but it was worth it.

"Get me my coffee girl!" The overweight man said, he honestly looked more like a walrus than anything and that was an insult to walruses.

"Freak! I want my pancakes!" The kid shouted next banging his overly large fists on the table.

"How dare you make my duddykins wait!" The giraffe-necked woman screeched causing the vampire to wince at the pure torture to their eardrums. "Don't worry Popkin. She'll be done soon, she knows the consequences if she doesn't."

No one but Mcgonagall, Damon and Jade, knew who they were talking to. Mcgonagall was looking at the screen in shock, anger and horror, hoping it wasn't what she thought it was, hoping that they weren't talking to who she thought they were. Damon's jaw was clenched tight in rage at their words. How dare they call her that? How dare they treat his daughter as if she were some slave? If they weren't already dead, he would have prolonged their torture for years on end. 

The scene then turned to the kitchen where a little girl could be seen handling kitchen suppliances that should not be touched by someone even double her age. 

"I'm nearly done Aunt Tunia," The little girl's voice came from where she was standing on a stool and picking up food from a piping hot pan to put in the plates as the woman entered the kitchen.

"What kind of monsters would use a young girl like that in the kitchen? She's using a stove for God's sake, even I don't know how to use one and I'm 18," Caroline shouted angrily from where she was sitting next to the Malfoys.

"I for once agree with you. That's honestly just inhumane. She could hurt herself for God's sake," Katherine said glaring at the screen. Ok she could be heartless at times but not that heartless, if she had had her daughter she would have spoiled her rotten, and yet these people who call themselves humans are behaving more inhumane than her and she's not even one herself. 

(There will be mentions of verbal and physical abuse ahead, not that much in this chapter, but I don't want it to be a trigger for anyone so if it will be, please only read ahead if you're 100% sure you'll be fine)

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?" The woman asked angrily slapping her upside the head harshly despite the fact that little girl was handling a boiling hot saucepan.

"Oh my God! What is wrong with her?!" Jeremy asked wide-eyed.

"She could have spilt the oil all over herself. God, I am going to kill that bitch," Rebekah said shocked and angered at how they were treating the poor girl.

"I'm sorry," The girl said with her head down, they still hadn't seen her face yet only her hair, which were long, blonde-brown, and curly. The woman just harrumphed at her apology before leaving the living room to fetch something she needed. The other two just carried on watching the TV before they noticed the baby walrus looking at the girl. As his dad carried on watching, he got out of his seat and walked to where she was standing. 

"Where are my pancakes freak?" He asked as she switched off the stove and turned to him.

"I'm going to bring them now Dudley," She said to him.

"I hate that she answers to that word. How long would they have used it?" Bonnie asked shaking her head at how horrible they were treating her, it was literal child abuse.

"I don't know. I just can't believe someone could treat someone this horribly, especially a kid. Wait, since we're watching about your life, is that girl someone you know or something?" Stefan asked as he looked at his niece behind him who was still encased within her father's arms. Jade didn't respond to him so Damon just shook his head to tell him not to ask. The others were confused still as they wondered who the girl was, even the smartest ones haven't connected the dots, choosing to believe that Jade had always stayed with Damon, this couldn't possibly be her, the hair resemblance was just a coincidence.

They then watched as just when she was about to get off the stool, it was all of a sudden kicked out from under her. She tried to grab on to something but instead of her hands meeting the counter, they met the pan still filled with hot oil.

"Oh my god!"

"What the hell!"

"Shit!"

"No!"

"I am going to murder that kid."

The girl threw herself to the side in time for the hot oil to not hit her face but she screamed as it burnt her legs. 

Mcgonagall and Damon tensed at that knowing it had been Jade who was hurt as they glared at the fat whale of a kid on screen. She did not realise in the pain she was in that as she pushed herself to the side, she had accidentally fallen on the baby whale. He began wailing just because his ass hit the floor, honestly he was being overly dramatic when he had so many layers to protect him. 

The girl was a stick so it would have hurt her worse especially with the burn on her legs and besides, she wouldn't have fallen in the first place if it wasn't for him. He had done that on purpose. Damon had never felt so pissed off in his life when he saw her hurt as he maintained the soft and gentle grip of his arm around her as his other hand squeezed the armrest with a wide-knuckled grip. 

Bonnie seeing that put her hand over his fist causing him to relax slightly, which she smiled at. She knew about how his father had treated him, she knew about the abuse he suffered in his youth so she assumed that that was why the girl being treated like this from her family brought back memories for him.

Jade buried her face into her dad's chest knowing what was going to happen next, her body beginning to give the signals of another panic attack as Damon held her tighter concerned. Why was she panicking? What could possibly happen now? They wouldn't hurt her, would they? She hadn't done anything wrong.

"Oh my Duddkins," Aunt Petunia gasped dramatically as she entered the room and saw him on the floor, not even sparing a glance at her.  "Vernon! Look what the freak just did."

"It wasn't her fault, it was the fat baby whale's that you call your son," Kol said with a roll of his eyes, this family was really pissing him off.

They saw the overweight walrus turn from the TV, clearly not hearing what had happened over the noise of his own laughing and the loud volume of the program he was watching. He got up and went over there and everyone was concerned when they got a good look of his face, he looked angry, and it wasn't a normal angry, there was literal malice shining in his eyes as he glared down at the poor little girl still crying from the burns on her legs.

"Help her for God's sake, the burn is going to become worse,"  Matt said shaking his head at the family on screen, it made him appreciate his mom more, not being there at all was far better than this.

"She hurt our Dudley Vernon!" Aunt Petunia screeched angrily as she soothed her crying kid and you could see that as he was held by his mother, a tiny grin formed on his lips as he looked at the girl in front of him.

"This is the only time I'd be completely okay with killing a kid," Caroline said pissed off.

"You and me both," Tyler said with a nod of his head in complete agreement.

"Same here," Jeremy said as others also were completely okay with that.

"Jeremy don't say that. He's just a kid, he didn't know any better," Elena said to him, he shouldn't wish a child dead, that was horrible.

"Aer you seriously defending him Elena?" Jeremy asked in disbelief.

"He's only a kid," Elena said defensively.

"He looks to be as shitty as his parents and I doubt he's going to grow out of that, so personally I think the world's better off without him," Rebekah said rolling her eyes at the doppelganger.

"Of course you would," Elena said sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rebekah asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You're a heartless bitch with no care for anyone but yourself, that's what I meant," Elena said causing the Mikaelsons to glare at her.

"And I suppose what you were doing earlier was considered sympathetic and so very kind of you. You know, when Damon was grieving for his daughter and you somehow managed to even make that about yourself. 'You've still got me,' honestly I doubt he cares about you in any way at all," Rebekah spat at the judgemental bitch as she mockingly mimicked her earlier words

"Shut up you bitch," Elena said angrily about to get up only to struggle as she couldn't. She was stuck to the chair. "Let go of me! I'm going to kill her."

"Personally I'd let everyone in the room kill you before I let you kill any of them. No offense meant of course," Death said sarcastically.

"What did I do?" Elena asked annoyed.

"You were being you and it was getting on my nerves," Death said simply.

"But you're death, you're not human, you don't have feelings so nothing can really get on your nerves," Elena said confused.

"You're not a human yourself Elena, does that make you emotionless? Actually you know what, scratch that, I'll make an exception for you because becoming a vampire really has changed you to an unfeeling bitch. I'm not human though and I assure you I do have feelings, same with Tyler, Stefan, Damon and you know what, even the Mikaelsons," Caroline said annoyed with her judgemental attitude.

"I was just saying how I see it," Elena shrugged unbothered.

"Very presumptuous of you little girl. I suggest you be quiet and not speak of things you have no idea about because I assure you I can feel, a lot of emotions actually, anger being one of them so do not piss me off," Death said though it would take a lot more than a few measly words from baby vampire to get on his nerves, but if scaring her would make her shut up than who cared. It seemed to have worked anyway as the girl shut up crossing her arms over her chest as they turned back to the memory.

"How dare you hurt my son?! After everything we've done for you, raising you since you were a baby, letting you live under our roof, giving you the food of our table, and yet you still dare to hurt our Dudley? Now you'll be taught a lesson," The man said before shockingly grabbing her hair harshly pulling her to her feet as she cried out in pain.

"What the hell! Let go of her!" Caroline shouted out in horror at the cruelty.

"Oh my God! She didn't do anything!" Bonnie said disgusted at the treatment the girl received for no reason.

"Ok it's sorted I'm killing them," Klaus said angered at the way the girl was being handled, it reminded him too much of Mikael for comfort.

"Get in line brother," Kol said completely done with this family, he so desperately wanted to kill them. He was cruel and heartless he admitted that but he would never condone child abuse.

"Yeah, no, if anyone's going to be killing them, it's going to be me. How dare they lift a hand on the girl when she didn't do anything, it was that blasted boy's fault. Is this the norm for them or something, because if it is then that boy is even more cruel than I thought to have knowingly put her in that situation," Rebekah said pissed off.

No one, not even Mcgonagall who was so pissed she actually looked scary, was more angry than Damon Salvatore. He looked down at his daughter with pain, at seeing his daughter handled even worse than an animal, and rage at those bastards who had dared to touch her. He now wished he had prolonged their deaths longer, they deserved to suffer, they deserved to die in the most slowest, painful and most inhumane way possible for even contemplating to hurt her in any way.

Mcongagall was in her own world of guilt, self-loathing, pain, resentfulness and rage, all mixed into one creating an emotion far beyond words. She wanted to apologise to Willow, she wanted to hug her, she wanted to know if she was alright but she couldn't because it was clear that she did not want anyone to know that the young girl was in fact her. Her face still wasn't showed yet only the back of her head, the only time it was showed was when her hands were wiping her tears and that covered most of her face. 

"They're treating her like a house elf," Draco said causing Caroline to furrow her brows in confusion as she turned to the rather handsome blonde boy sitting next to her.

"What's a house elf?" Caroline asked curiously.

"It's a magical being that feeds off the magic of their master who they have to form a magical bond with, like we eat foods to get energy, they survive by following their master's orders like cleaning the house or something," Draco explained to the beautiful girl next to him.

"So they're like servants but instead of getting paid, they basically get the energy to live instead. I've never heard of anything like that. I thought vampires, werewolves, witches and hybrids were the only magical beings," Caroline said causing the wizards and witches from the magical world to chuckle slightly.

"You've barely scratched the surface," Draco smirked at her before turning back to the screen, the somber mood returning as it played.

"No! Please! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't! Please!" The girl sobbed as he dragged her out the room by her hair not caring about her limping form as she struggled to walk on her burnt legs.

Jade was trying to hide how hard it was affecting her but it was hard as the pleads of her younger self reminded her of every time she was in that situation. She had to hold back the memories though, she couldn't let them out, she didn't know how to deal with them. Damon closed his eyes as he rested his head on hers, her begs ringing in his ears. 

He continuously pictured the memory of those bastards' agonised screams as he fed on them to help him calm down but even that wasn't working as he hugged his daughter tighter and turned his hand around to clutch Bonnie's. He needed to calm down and Bonnie always managed to help with that, otherwise he was probably going to snap and Jade needed his comfort now not his anger. 

Bonnie looked at him in concern as he held her hand, there was something wrong, she didn't know what it was but she had a small feeling that she wasn't quite understanding something. She shook it off as she held his hand and turned back to the screen just as the girl was being dragged upstairs.

The others were watching so pissed off that they couldn't even say anything, they were simply speechless in their rage as the poor girl was thrown into a room crying out as she fell. The burn on her legs scratching against the floor as the man locked the door and turned to her. The screen turned to the girl her long hair covering her face as she cried, "Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I didn't..."

"Shut up you freak. Did I tell you to talk?" He asked menacingly before grabbing her jaw harshly and forcefully turning her face to face him just as the screen zoomed in on her face. 

"What? No, that's not...Jade?" Luna breathed out in horror as her eyes filled with tears, those green eyes, the blonde-brown curly hair, the same shaped face, but it couldn't be, it just couldn't. She had said it quietly but as the video paused after her first word, the entire cinema was silent when she said Jade's name and everyone heard her loud and clear.

Everyone's eyes zeroed in on the father-daughter duo and as they registered their expressions and the way they were holding each other, they then looked at the paused screen showing the girl before turning to her and their eyes widened in complete utter shock and alarm. 

They realised now why Jade had begged not to watch this, they realised now why she had looked like she was going to have a panic attack, they realised now why Damon was holding her as if she were some fragile doll, they understood now as they looked at the way her body was trembling as she held her father. 

The girl was Jade.

AN: Thanks for reading my story. I love you guys. i can't believe that I got so many reads and votes after only posting this barely a few weeks ago. It's all because of all of you so I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys are the best. You would not believe the shock I had the next day after posting the last chapter, when on my Gmail, it showed that I had more than 100 comments from you all. That's never happened before, when I published my first story, Delilah's Diary, it took weeks to get even 1 comment and now I get notifications every day so thanks a lot for not being silent readers. I appreciate all your compliments, you've been so very kind. I want you to know that I'm also open to any constructive criticism from you guys so don't shy about telling me anything. I would like to improve my writing so it would help a lot. 

Now, if you like, I want you to comment what you think about the following pairings:

Bonnie/Damon

Caroline/Tyler

Caroline/Draco

Caroline/Klaus (in case he's not chosen for Jade)

Rebekah/Draco

Rebekah/Stefan

Rebekah/Matt

Jeremy/OC (Someone from the wizarding world or would you prefer him alone)

Elijah/Katherine

Stefan/Katherine

Matt/OC (Someone from the wizarding world or would you prefer him alone)

Elijah/Jade (I forgot to put him as an option so you can vote for this ship now if you want)

Draco/Jade 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 41 23
This girl, Maddie, gets a job at the Malfoy Manor, but the Malfoys soon find out who see really is....
186K 4.9K 61
Maddy is a girl who is James Potters sister and is afraid to be at Hogwarts. But standing by her side are some awesome friends. Now they just need...
121K 3.4K 29
in which james had a son and sirius had a daughter. sounds like fate, right? ⭒ ( ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑝𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑥 𝑜𝑐 )
44.2K 1.6K 19
In which Daria Jackson and the demigods, Gods and the students of Hogwarts watch her summer adventures. (hp x pjo) (J. Potter x Fem!Percy x R. Black)...