Underwater || BBH

By ashacherries

"Oh great! Now I'm scared and horny." Lee Chae-Yeong, drunken bartender with a bad drinking problem; Byun Ba... More

00. Prologue
01. Exo Planet
02. Byun Baekhyun
03. Nightmare
04. Black Jack
05. Plum
06. Lee Estate
07. Mother
08. Talk
09. Mistake
10. Some Truth
11. Dream Land
12. Flunk
13. Ten
14. Lessons, Lessons and more Lessons
15. Nothing but the Truth
16. Cat's Out Of The Bag
17. Private Room
18. Sulty Satin
19. Champagne Bubbles
20. Hands Off
21. Leader's Burden
22. Healing Hands
23. Muted
24. Invitaions and Deceptions
25. Unraveling
26. Cocktail Meetings
27. Metal on Metal
28. Pick a Side
29. Calm Before the Storm
30. Rumbling
31. Drowning
32. Escape Artist
34. Glass Tower
35. Secrets from the Grave
36. Innocence
37. Yearning
38. Closure and Confessions
39. Who Sits on the Thone in your Kingdom?
40. Past. Present. Future
41. Before The Fall
42. Fallen
43. Questions Left Unanswered

33. Plan of Action

66 2 0
By ashacherries

C H A E Y E O N G

"Bambi?" Baekhyun's voice sounded from the space behind me. Taeyong immediately stood up from his spot, whether it was to make sure we kept space between one another or simply to greet the male.

"Baek-"

"Would you excuse us, Jaehyun?" I interrupt Taeyong from saying whatever he was going to and stand up to address Jaehyun. "You can start without us."

"Take your time." Jaehyun sends me a small smile that still shows off his dimples.

I step over Haechan's legs and around the couch, both Taeyong and Baekhyun made a step towards me, Taeyong being closer, made it to me first. "I'll be okay, Tae."

He sends me a quick smile before I look at Baekhyun, actually look at him. His normal obsidian eyes that held the whole galaxy, that ones that were always so bright were now hollow and void of any sparkle that always mesmerised me.

The dark purple hues under his eyes were deep and very much visible. His white t-shirt and black dress pants were full of crinkles, a vast difference from his usual clean cut and ironed clothing. My heart broke a little further taking in his appearance, even when he had been stabbed, he looked better than this.

I manage to tear my eyes away from his, giving a small half-hearted smile to the two standing behind him, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo. I nod my head towards the front door, signally to talk outside, to which he gives me a small nod and follows me out into the warmer weather.

The beaming sun made his dishevelled sepia hair shine brighter into a warmer smooth caramel, how I missed running my fingers through it when he would rest his head on my lap, claiming that he wasn't falling asleep, just resting his eyes.

I missed how the freckle that adorned his lip would pull and tug up when he smiled or smirked at me. How his eyes used to peak over the papers he was looking at, just to watch me read a book that I had stolen from his shelve. I miss his displeasure at my poor manners of shoving my feet on his desk or his couch, to which he would plop down on the couch next to me and put my feet on his lap instead.

I miss how his hands used to connect the moles that littered my hips when we laid in bed together. I miss when Jongin would playfully banter with me, his hands our always find they way around my waist and give me a tight squeeze. That he would purposely antagonising me just so I could train to the best of my ability, that he even took the time to be patient and understanding about me and my journey so far.

I miss him.

"Bambi." He whispered out, looking up and down my body, as if he was seeing if I was actually real and standing in front of him. He moved in inch forward, but quickly refrained. "I think you might punch me in the face if I move any closer."

I really tried my hardest not to smile at his statement, I tried my hardest, yet here I am, smiling at his remembrance of my violent tendencies. The light in his flicked at he watched me try not to laugh, it was quickly snubbed out when I stopped myself from showing any happiness and regaining my composure.

"Why? Why did you lie this whole time to me?" My eyes started to burn as the tears started to fill my waterline. "Was any of it real?"

"Chaeyeong, how I feel about you is something I could never fake. I tried my absolute hardest to not fall for you, I couldn't. But there you were, big chocolate brown eyes, mouth like a sailor and a smile that made me melt into a puddle at your feet."

He took a small step forward, as I wrapped my arms around my body, stopping myself running into him. "When did this start?"

"About six years ago. When I was 16, I sent my father away to prison and my mother disappeared, she found your dad and told her to look after me. He sent me to the Corporation and started me on my training and one day he disappeared as well. I never had the chance to thank him.

Six years ago, my team and I were handed a mission, take out the biggest gang at the time and get out of there. Once we did take them down, we were offered two different missions, stay undercover, and keep he violence and drug cartels at a minimum or travel to Japan to take down the 'Yakuza'. We already had a growing name; we chose to stay."

"Why didn't you tell me? I felt awful and the guilt was eating me alive when I was lying to you. Did you feel any of that?" the tears finally spilled over, burning down my cheeks as the fell.

"Chae, baby, it absolutely killed me inside. I hated myself for pulling you into this, for falling in love with you and not telling you anything. I wanted to, I really did, but I didn't want to repeat history." He stepped up to me, placing his hands on my arms, squeezing them every now and then as he spoke.

"Repeat history? What happened in the past?" His red liquorice scent fanned against my face as he let out a long sigh.

"Four years ago, there was this girl, she was getting harassed by some drunk dudes in alleyway. I stepped in and beat the two guys to a pulp, instead of thanking me, the girl shoved me and told me she could handle herself. Her name was Taeyeon, she was hard-headed and wouldn't leave me the hell alone. I told her everything about me, which only made her a target. She was killed because of me, and I couldn't save her."

"Baekhyun, I'm so sorry." I used my thumb to wipe away a stray tear that slide down his cheek.

"I couldn't tell you because I don't know what I would do if you ended up dead because of me. I wanted to get you out of this life, where you could be happy and thrive. You deserve a life worth living and you deserve the world."

"Baek, I want a life with you. I want to spend the rest of my life waking up next to you, making you smile, cooking you breakfast and be there for you. You don't get to have a say in what's best for me, only I can decide that."

It was true, I am the only person who can decides what is best for me. I want nothing more than to spend every day of my life with this man standing in front of me, being open and vulnerable. He broke my trust, he shattered my heart, I love this man with everything that I have, so where do we go from here?

"I'm so sorry, Bambi." He pulled me closer to him, wrapping his muscular arms around my shoulders, using one hand to hold and stroke my hair as he pressed my face into his chest. "I love you so much and I don't want to lose you."

I wrap my arms around his waist, letting my tears soak into his shirt, my rapid heartbeat beating against his chest, that I'm sure he can feel. "I wish you told me sooner, but I'm thankful that you opened up to me and told me everything."

"I will do anything to make you trust me again, I can't do this without you." I pulled away from the hug, giving a bit of space between us.

"Let's start from the beginning, no more secrets, no more lies. Just us."

"My name is Byun Baekhyun, and I work as an undercover agent. I'm also 29." He extends his out for a handshake.

"Eun Chaeyeong." He smiles as I use my old name. "I'm 24 and a bartender."

"We better get back in there before Taeyong skins me alive for keeping you out here too long."

The burning flame that was recently snubbed out, had blazed to glory again, his eyes were now filled with celestials once more. Galaxies and shooting stars swirled them as he smiled, the colour returning to his face slightly.

We both walked back inside, bowing in apologies to Jaehyun for taking a while. I find my sit next to Haechan, he gives me a questioning thumbs up, to which I smile back and nod my head. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo had already found their seats around the room, offering small smiles to me. Baekhyun took his seat on the armrest of the couch that Haechan and I were sitting on.

"Right, let's get down to business-" Jaehyun was once again interrupted, this time by a loud mouth with a bright pink mullet.

"Nobody panic, I am here!" he exclaimed as he sauntered into the room, flipping himself over the couch to sit in between Haechan and myself, pushing me further into Baekhyun.

"If I get interrupted one more time, I will sew everyone's mouth shut, starting with you, Mark." We all quieten down at the warning tone of the dimple boy in front of us. "Right, now, I know we do business differently to our special agent counterparts. So, instead of running in guns blazing and taking out the ring leader straight away, we need substantial evidence."

Jaehyun stops talking and gestures over to Baekhyun, to which he stands up from his position to address everyone in the room. "We need evidence to bring to our higher ups, so they can approve our plans. It's an arrest mission, not a termination mission."

"We have eyewitness accounts and a tape recording of plans being made. However, Mark and Taeyong are on the record, which become incriminating for them. We'd like to keep them out of this as much as possible." Junmyeon finishes for Baekhyun to which I smile at.

Taeyong and Mark have done horrible things in the past being apart of Lee gang, now they want to make a change. I'm happy and proud that they are allowing them to have a second chance at life, they are joining another gang, but this one is a little different.

"I can talk to Taemin, get him to change sides." I start. "I'm close with him, I'm positive that I can talk some sense into him. He didn't look too comfortable when he with boss at the club that on night anyways ."

"If he can make the transaction visible while making it look like an accident, then we can give him immunity for helping us. That way he wouldn't be in any trouble." Junmyeon reassures me.

"You're going to need more, maybe a full confession will put him away for good. Then there's nothing that they can dispute in court." Mark speaks up, shocking everyone with actual sense that came from his mouth.

"You'll need video proof as well, that way his face is on it." Taeyong speaks up, having both of them here gives us more insight on how to handle Dohwa.

"I can get it." It was pin drop silence as I offer to walk back into the lion's den. Baekhyun and Taeyong both looking at me with concern on their faces. "Dohwa loves to gloat and rub stuff in my face because I give him a reaction. He won't realise that he's confessed until it's too late."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Baekhyun's voice was laced with concern and worry as he asked me.

"I've done it before, plus he's not going to suspect me. He thinks he's successfully teared us apart, he's going to think that I'm being too emotional. If I act like I'm on his side, it might be easier."

"How are you going to convince him that you're against 'Exo'?" Johnny asks from across the room.

"I'll start with Ten."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 93 12
╭──────༼ ✿ ˙. ~ ♡ ~ . ˙ ✿ ༽─────╮ Cha Yeonjun who is the most dangerous mafia boss in all of South Korea 𝗔𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 Cha Soobin Bu...
508K 18.1K 20
a story where Jeon Jungkook, the dangerous mafia leader has an unhealthy obsession over a normal café worker, Kim Taehyung. "IT'S NOT LOVE IT'S JUST...
348K 10.2K 44
a mafia member, Y/N, woke up from a coma with an amnesia. She was convinced to regained all her past memories by her boyfriend and finally became the...
71.9K 2K 36
𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙒 Taeyong drops the metal bat, letting it hit the concrete floor with a dull thud. "Get this fucker out of my sight," he spits, "burn hi...