Don't Forget Me. Sting x OC...

By mnerie_

3 months have passed ever since the S-Mage Trial Exam at Tenrou Island and since Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wen... More

Character Info.
Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh
Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey
Chapter 03 - Encounters
Chapter 04 - First Thoughts
Chapter 05 - A Nickname & Promises
Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection
Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories
Chapter 08 - Departure
Chapter 09 - Time Passed By
Chapter 10 - Accident
Chapter 11 - Search
Chapter 12 - Awaken
Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!
Chapter 14 - Greetings and Announcements
Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams
Chapter 16 - Reunited in Crocus
Chapter 17 - Worries
Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony
Chapter 19 - Defeat and Feelings
Chapter 20 - Emotional Outbursts
Chapter 21 - Flushed and Break-in
Chapter 22 - Crave and Despise
Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation
Chapter 24 - Mixed Feelings
Chapter 25 - Disappointment
Chapter 26 - Loss
Chapter 27 - Comfort
Chapter 29 - A New Promise
Chapter 30 - Fight To The Finish
Chapter 31 - Perception
Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth
Chapter 33 - Meeting Darkness
Chapter 34 - Ideas and Getaway
Chapter 35 - The Uncertain Job
Chapter 36 - Preparation
Chapter 37 - Day Out With Sabertooth
Chapter 38 - Feast and A Helping Hand
Chapter 39 - Warm Embrace
Chapter 40 - Babysitting
Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion
Chapter 42 - Questions and Confession
Chapter 43 - Declaration
Chapter 44 - The Approach
Chapter 45 - Forgiveness
Chapter 46 - Small Visit
Chapter 47 - Abducted
Chapter 48 - Devastated
Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands
Chapter 50 - Suffering
Chapter 51 - Desire
Chapter 52 - Broken Walls
Chapter 53 - Enlightenment
Chapter 54 - Three Dragons VS Darkness
Chapter 55 - Betrayal
Chapter 56 - Vulnerable
Chapter 57 - Don't Forget Me
Epilogue - Final
A/N ~
A/N of Cover ! ~

Chapter 28 - Pursue

7.2K 176 46
By mnerie_

Hello my lovely readers! How are you all?! One of my favorite openings in Fairy Tail! ^-^ I may not be able to post chapters everyday as much.. I might be a little busy this coming week but I'll see what I can do! Anyways, I'll post another chapter after this one in a jiffy! Chapter Dedicated to... Stella_Villiana, purpleflamestar, Crystalmy188, SissiT927, XxAnnaDragneeLxX, MoonstoneAlchemist, Illuminated_Moon, _sweat_tea_ for always commenting and liking my story! And also dedicated to onepiecelawfan, who spammed me with likes on my story xD

Love you all c:

On with the story!!

—-

Cynthia's POV

"The final day of the wizards' passionate festival, the Grand Magic Games! Like it or not, only one guild will be victorious today!" Chapati announced.

It was the final day of the games and I felt excited but at the same time I felt like needed to do something. After hearing about Lucy's kidnap, I was angered by the Fiore knights to capture her. Something was going on and I wanted to find out but I couldn't, since Master told me to stay and watch the games. He didn't want anyone to be too suspicious of our moves. I couldn't argue with him even if I wanted to, so I let it go, just like when he told me to stay back at the guild when they left for the S-Class exam.

"Now then, the teams are about to take the field-kabo!" I heard the pumpkin referee who was now sitting with Chapati and Yajima at the announcer booth.

"Cynthia-chan... why are you wearing a scarf?" Levy asked who was standing beside me in the booth.

"M-My scarf?! Oh aha you k-know... just to uh try s-something new.... ? That I haven't um.. worn ... for fashion statement!" I said in discret.

That's right. I wore a scarf because of Sting who left a hickey mark on me last night. It was now a purplish pink and a red blob and I found it slightly embarrassing if anyone knew about this. The scarf was to help on hiding the hickey and I think that makeup may not really help much.

Much to dismay I don't like wearing makeup... it ruins my natural looks. Sometimes I'd like to dress up but honestly, I really don't like my face being caked. Just thinking about last night, his light kisses and his lips brushing along my neck gave me the chills. My stomach gave out butterflies, wanting to have his embrace again.... I miss it some how.

"Okay...? You're blushing Cynthia-chan! Is there something wrong? Are you feeling sick?" she asked with worry and held onto my arm.

"Ah! I-I'm okay! don't worry about me! It's just the weather is u-um... really nice!" I thought of a lie, trying to hide my blush but it deepened in color.

"Alright..." she said giving a curious look as she unclasped of her hold on my arm.

We both looked back to the stadium to see that four teams already came out from the entryway was Quatro Puppy in sixth place, Blue Pegasus at fifth, Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel both came in third place. The two final teams, were coming out now. In second place was Sabertooth... who would usually be in first but this time they weren't.

"Will they remain dethroned?! Will the two Dragon Slayers, the Twin Dragons, Sting Eucliffe and Rogue Cheney, challenge Natsu and Gajeel again?! And if so, what will the results of that rematch be?! Sabertooth takes the field!" Chapati yelled through his microphone.

Sometimes his voice really annoys me, I sighed in my thoughts and looked to see Sabertooth walking towards the arena with a vibe that didn't seem to give off a feeling as their first encounter on the first day.

"Sabertooth takes the field!" Chapati said.

They looked like they lost their cocky pride... Rogue still seemed the same but his presence seemed more intense. As for Sting... he didn't pound his fists in the air like he did last time. Instead his eyes were closed and he didn't seem to show off any emotion. He had this cool demeanor and lost his usual arrogant mood. In other words, his personality changed. 'Sting...' I thought with worry.

I noticed that his attire looks a little different than the one before. This time he wore a dark blue with gold trimming jacket with a black high-collared piece that appears to be armor underneath his short top showing his abdominals again. His pants were still grey with fang-like designs on the sides and wore two different black belts. Both of them were under his waist as his pants were tucked in his same black boots. I faintly blushed at his new outfit, he looked handsome...

I know he's the enemy of Sabertooth right now but something just doesn't seem right. I already knew that reason why and I was going to do something about. Lector's commotion from last night before I arrived at their inn, was what made him to look gloomy and not his usual self. I frowned at the sight.

"Huh? It seems their mood has changed somehow." Chapati added.

"Maybe they've jump-started their fighting spirit." Yajima said.

"Hey other there..." a person from the crowd said.

"The cats in the rooting section..." another one said.

I turned my gaze away from Sting and looked to where Sabertooth's booth was and saw that it was only Frosch standing there with a sad face. Poor Frosch... his cheering buddy isn't there with him like the usual when Sabertooth has a battle. I looked back to see Sting who looked like in deep thought and it seemed like he heard a voice? And then he looked towards where Frosch was standing, thinking that Lector would usually be there to cheer him on.

It pained me to see him like this and I don't care anymore. Even if he did pissed me off and that I don't have any memories of him, seeing other people upset makes my heart to twinge in pain.

"Leave it to me. I'm not gonna lose anymore." I faintly heard him with a small smirk appearing. He gazed towards me with his eyes that had despair, longing and determination to save Lector. I gave a small smile to cheer him on even though he's in Sabertooth. I hope he knows what he was doing or planning.

"And currently in first place! Will this be the day the so-called strongest guild seven years ago comes back in full force?! Fairy Tail is taking the field!" Chapati exclaimed. The who stadium with roaring with cheers for our guild team to come out. But much to their dismay, they were expecting Natus to be in the team and instead it was Juvia who took his position.

"W-what?! They've changed the members! This is an unexpected development! In place of Natsu Dragneel, we've got..."

"Juvia!" Lyon yelled with a small blush appearing on his face as he finished Chapati's sentence.

In reality, I was actually the one who was suppose to be taking part in Natsu's place since Master offered and the others, but I didn't accept it. Natsu was surprised along with everyone else. I made up with an excuse making them to believe that I couldn't take part of the battle and reason being... was because I had other business to attend to.

As much as I loved to take part and would do it for the guild but my heart is telling me to do that other business. Even so, I would still always cheer on for my team no matter what!

I noticed on Sting's face that his eyes were closed and held a smile but answered back to Rogue which I couldn't hear. He still kept his smile on his face at Team Fairy Tail and then back to gaze at me giving a small smirk to tug at the corner of his lips, which I blushed and was reminded of the hickey I earned from him. My attention was soon towards Gramps and Master Mavis who chatted about their devious plans making me to place a little smirk resting on my face.

"With everyone absorbed in the tournament, this is the perfect change. We'll cheer the team on, as usual. Meanwhile, behind the scenes, a separate team is heading to rescue Lucy." Gramps spoke.

"A war fought on two fronts, right?" Master Mavis said.

One team was here in the arena to participle in the games and the other was Natsu, Wendy, Mira, Carla, Lily and Happy who are running right now towards the kingdom of Fiore. It was the perfect chance and plan that we can have an advantage to save Lucy. I didn't understand what reason why the knights of Fiore, captured Lucy out of the blue.

It was beyond stupid and they needed to have an explanation. I don't care if they're royalty and all, they are still human and we are all the same. Why did they want Lucy? Too many thoughts were buzzing in my head but was caught off guard when Chapati announced that it was finally time to start the last and final battle of the Grand Magic Games.

"The final day! A survival game in which everyone participates! Let the Grand Magic Game begin!" Chapati said.

The whole sky was exploding and was covered by the pretty colorful fireworks. My body was tingling in sheer excitement and I was already cheering on for Team Fairy Tail like with everyone else. Soon everyone and all the teams dispersed taking formation in their battlefield which was the whole town of Crocus. Wouldn't that mean there's going to be damage around the lovely place?

Through the lacrima vision I saw Erza talking to the other four members about a strategy that was coming up and on the other screen I saw Sabertooth's. Sting was sitting casually on a wooden box looking bored. Typical Sting. Soon they announced the rules and how each guild is assigned with one leader making them to be 5 points if they get defeated and the other members were marked at 1 point each. Seems logical and simple.

"Let the Grand Magic Game begin!" Chapati's voice boomed throughout all of Crocus. All of the teams have scattered throughout Crocus and used their tactics and strategies for them to win this battle. Some of them were either rounding about by themselves, having a partner or a three-man cage. However, I noticed that one team was not moving and that was our guilds... Team Fairy Tail was not moving at all...

"W-what's wrong?! The members of Fairy Tail have their eyes closed and aren't moving!" Chapati said.

"What the hell are they doing?!" Master shouted in anger.

"W-What is this?" Lisanna said.

"Are they going to sleep there and wait until everyone is knocked out?" I said nonchalantly.

"I don't know! The devil takes the hindmost! Hurry up and start kicking ass!" Cana answered.

Would this have to do with some kind of strategy they made up? I looked over to Gramps who was upset and furious of their weird behavior but I noticed that Master Mavis had a confident stare. Maybe she thought of something that we don't know.

A few minutes later, all of the guild teams were already on the move making their first hits and points in less than five minute. But with Erza and everyone else, they were still not moving an inch. Everyone standing near me were all complaining about how they wouldn't move but I felt like something good was about to happen.

"Uh-oh! Lamia's Toby and Novali are suddenly face to face with..." Chapati shouted.

It was the drunkard Bacchus from Quatro Puppy who was getting ready for an attack to land on Toby and Novali. This was going to be interesting. But I honestly felt that Bacchus was much more stronger since he is known as an S-Class Mage. Just as he was about to attack them, something sparkled up from the sky above him. Making my heart to tremble at the situation. A huge impact was made by Sting who punched Bacchus on his back.

"It's Sting! Saber's Sting came out of nowhere to knock out Bacchus, the leader of Quatro Puppy! Sabertooth gains five points!" says Chapati.

They were now on the lead and in first place, what's taking Erza and them so long to move?! I sighed in slight frustration but noticed the look Sting's face and he seemed to be troubled. Not his usual self but very... expressionless. His eyes seem empty but I do know that he held determination to win for Lector.

I heard Master to freak out and shriek at Sting's sudden attack making me to chuckle softly. Looking back to view the lacrima vision, I saw Sting got up from Bacchus back and turned his back slightly to face the two Lamia Scale duo. But before he could do anything his face was in slight shock and noticed that Kagura ambushed Lamia Scale's members from behind. This means that Kagura and Sting would have to face each other one on one... but it looked like he vanished before they could.

"The points are increasing at a dizzying rate! But Fairy Tail has yet to move a muscle! What's going on with them?!" Chapati's voice loomed over Crocus.

"What are they doing?! They've gotta win to help Lucy!" Master Makarov said.

"That's why. That's why they must be calm. From all from the previous competitions, I've observed the enemies' fighting strength, magic, psychology, and behavioral patterns. I took it all into account and ran hundreds of millions of battle simulations in my head." Master Mavis spoke up making everyone in the guild to look in her direction. everyone was beyond confused at her sudden speech.

"Um..." Macao said while crossing his arms.

"Number One, what...?" Wakaba added.

"Their movements, predictions and results, locations. It's all done according to my calculations. I've already told them the strategy. Leave your comrades to victory...That's my War" she smiled in confidence. Master Makarov was surprised at her tactics, it was incredible!

"War?" Master Makarov said as Master Master stood up from her place and pointed her index finger towards the lacrima vision.

"Being Operation: Fairy Star!" she shouted as the members of Team Fairy Tail began to move out from their once frozen spot and listened to Master Mavis' instructions them.

"Everyone, spread out! Please proceed to the next checkpoint." she added.

"N-Number One..." Master Makarov looked speechless, the same with Levy, Droy and Jet.

"What's the checkpoint?" Jet asked.

"I don't know." Droy answered him.

"At this point, there's a 97% chance Rufus will make a move. Ignore the lights in the sky and in two seconds, you can dodge it. this magic's attribute is lightning. Only Laxus should block it.The enemy is shaken and his thoughts are disordered. Because of those disordered thoughts, there's a 68% chance Rufus will try to approach us. There's a 32% chance he'll stand by at his current location. But even in that case, it doesn't have much of an effect on our strategy." Master Mavis included.

"What's Number One sayin'?" Wakaba asked in puzzlement.

"You got me..." Macao said.

"This is just crazy but amazing!" I said with a sweat bead on my face.

With that her every predicament and strategies were all right on spot! It was a shockful to see this happening but amazed! She started to say some more commands and instructions to Team Fairy Tail, making us to be in first place tied with Sabertooth!

"I just remembered your nickname, Number One...With that genius eye for strategy, you attained victory in a number of wars! The Fairy Tactician!" Master Makarov said in slight surprise.

"Sugoi..." I said in awe and stared at Master Mavis who turned to me with a smile.

Moments later after Gray had victoriously with the Molding Magic showdown against Rufus. His strength of feelings gave him the momentum and power that he got his comeback to Rufus since Gray got defeated on the first day of the game Hidden by him. I'm happy for him that he got to win and everyone was cheering for his sassy ending. I laughed as he took Rufus' hat, making a pose and smirked at the lacrima vision. I bet Juvia loved what Gray was doing right now. I laughed even more at the thought. Now we were in first place with 50 points and Sabertooth is still in second place with 49 points with the others trailing behind.

Guess it's my time to get out there and do my job.

"Hey Master! I'm going to the washroom..." I said sheepishly.

"That's Gramps to you!" he looked over to me with a frustrated look. I could tell that he was still anxious about Erza and the rest. They were still frozen in spot.

"Ah... h-hai! Sorry Gramps..." I chuckled nervously.

"Good. Just come back right when you're done." he nodded in approval.

"I will! Thanks!" I waved and soon made my way to walk out of the booth being away from everyone.

'Sorry Gramps, but I don't know if I can make it back in time.' I thought as I ran down the long corridor and out of Domus Flau. It's time for me to do action and the promise that I gave to Sting last night which he hadn't heard me... I think. Pushing my thoughts away, I ran through the town but made sure that I wouldn't be caught on the lacrima vision. This was going to be harder than I thought and I sweat dropped at the same time while I hid in an alley way.

A few hours later after Gray had finished off Rufus in their battle, Chapati announced that the three women are now being engaged in battle. Erza was taking part in it, Kagura from Mermaid Heel and Minerva from Sabertooth. It's also been announced that Gajeel crossed paths with Rogue, right after the was Laxus with Orga and Jura lastly but not least was Gray and Juvia teaming up to defeat Lyon and Cheria. I wish my fellow nakamas a good luck and I believed that they were going to win! I already had this feeling that they would win.

Taking a break from running and hiding around town, this was going to take a while and I honestly did not know who I was going to find Lector. But I didn't care! It was a promise that I made and it's a promise that I will keep. I hate breaking promises but with Sting's... he did mentioned about our promise when we were kids... and I felt really guilty. I wish I can do something about it and gain my memories back some how.

My only plan to do right now is think about cheering on for my guild, Natsu and the rest to save Lucy, and to find Lector before the games end! I hope. If I recall from last night... Sting told me that he was 'killed' by their Master but then... !

Ah! I got it! Minerva! I remember Minerva's magic before! She teleported Happy into her arms when Natsu and I invaded their inn! If she could teleport Happy with her magic... Is it possible that she can teleport objects and people into another dimension?! That must be it! It had to be Minerva. She did mention to Sting that Lector's life was in her hands... If he didn't cooperate with her evil methods. What a witch she was! Finally knowing the answer to find Lector, I ran into the direction of where they were located.

The whole town was smoking and I could already see that many of the participants left are in a tight match right now. I bet that pretty soon, the whole town of Crocus would end up in ruins in a few hours just thinking about it. I gave out a chuckle as I ran full speed to find Erza and the other two that she encountered with, in battle.

Trying to find their pinpoint, I ran through the hidden alleys and hid myself to watch the battle between Erza whose foot got stuck under a huge rock but then Kagura was crying in tears for some reason and then helped Erza by lifting up the huge rock. I don't see Minerva with them... that was weird. As soon as I said that, Kagura was about to admit defeat but was shockingly got stabbed in her abdomen, by the devil herself! 'Minerva'. I clenched my jaw in anger.

This woman. Why does she keep on doing these horrible things to good people?! Minerva was speaking something that I couldn't hear since it the all of the lacrima visions were mute. Her hand was glowing with her magic and out came Millianna! She looked unconscious and hurt. I swear I could see something slightly moving under her cape but... what? Maybe it was her tail?

Closing my thoughts, I quickly ran to their location already knowing where it was because of the surroundings that they were in.

It only took me a good 15 minutes to get there and I was out of breath. 'Man I should really start working out!' I mentally scolded myself. But I was caught off guard when a huge explosion from above. It appeared to be Minerva's magic and to see that there was a really pissed off Erza dodging her every attack but her foot was still injured from earlier.

Hiding behind a pillar so that I wouldn't get caught in their battle and get hurt, I noticed two familiar figures laying on the floor a few feet away from me. I noticed that it was Kagura and Millianna! But a voice also intruded me and saw that it was the lacrima vision showing that Lyon, Jura and Rogue all lost making us to be in first place! I ran over to where the two injured Mermaid Heel members and not getting myself caught while I was at it... and used my healing magic to slightly help heal their injuries. Thankfully I managed to heal their minor ones... however for their major injuries, it would take some time.

"Cynthia-chan?" Millianna spoked as she tried to lift her head up.

"Hey there. Are you feeling better now? I used some of my healing magic to you and Kagura-san." I smiled.

"I am... thank you and how's Kagura-chan?! and Er-chan!?" she asked in slight worry.

"Kagura-san is healing well and Erza-san..." I looked over to where the redhead was fighting with Minerva. It looks like she equiped her battle outfit and it was a new one... that I've never seen it before, more like nobody has actually seen it! She looked so bad ass right now and pissed, making Minerva to look terrified.

"She's fine. She's kicking ass for all of us! Her nakamas! You don't have to worry about her." I chirped to look back at Millianna in front of me, followed by a wink making her to smile.

"Y-You..." I heard Kagura said as she turned her head towards me. I gave a small wave and in exchange she gave me a small smile with a tint of blush. A huge crash was made by Erza who charged her weapon at Minerva making her to slide across the ground, defeated. I smiled widely at this and called out for her, but quickly covered my mouth by my sudden outburst.

"Cynthia? What are you doing here...?" she asked in confusion while turning to face me.

"Uh... well you see... I got too excited about today's final match and I wanted to um... cheer you on in a closer view....? Then I found Kagura-san and Millianna-chan... injured. So I healed them with my magic..." I murmured with a few sweat beads forming on my face.

"I see.... arigato Cynthia." she smiled as she walked over to the three of us.

"You're welcome and congrats! I'm so glad you won!" I cheered while running over to her into an embrace, but she slightly winced.

"Ahh! Gomen! Did it hurt too much?" I asked with worry, making her to smile and pat my head.

"I'm fine..."

"A-ah.. hai.""For now you should take these two back to the infirmary and I have to get back with the other four who seem to have won their own battles. Don't worry about healing me, this is proof that I have done battled for our guild." she smiled looking over to Kagura and Millianna who had slight tears in their eyes but held smiles.

"Will do!"

—-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.5K 25
It's been 3 months since Lisanna came back . 3 months since Lucy has been ignored . The only ones that didn't ignore her were Wendy, Cana, Levy, Carl...
14.8K 521 13
🥀💔❌ Based on my true story. Everything in this book really happened. I decided to tell it using fairy tail characters because for a lot of them the...
228K 6.4K 38
She was never born to be loved and she herself knew that. As far back as she could remember, there wasn't a single time where she had been loved; eve...
14.3K 317 32
After her friends disappear with Tenrou Jima, a hole appeared in Yume Dragneels life. Her brother and everyone is gone. She grows distant to the othe...