Don't Forget Me. Sting x OC...

By mnerie_

3 months have passed ever since the S-Mage Trial Exam at Tenrou Island and since Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wen... More

Character Info.
Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh
Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey
Chapter 03 - Encounters
Chapter 04 - First Thoughts
Chapter 05 - A Nickname & Promises
Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection
Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories
Chapter 08 - Departure
Chapter 09 - Time Passed By
Chapter 10 - Accident
Chapter 11 - Search
Chapter 12 - Awaken
Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!
Chapter 14 - Greetings and Announcements
Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams
Chapter 16 - Reunited in Crocus
Chapter 17 - Worries
Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony
Chapter 19 - Defeat and Feelings
Chapter 20 - Emotional Outbursts
Chapter 21 - Flushed and Break-in
Chapter 22 - Crave and Despise
Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation
Chapter 24 - Mixed Feelings
Chapter 25 - Disappointment
Chapter 27 - Comfort
Chapter 28 - Pursue
Chapter 29 - A New Promise
Chapter 30 - Fight To The Finish
Chapter 31 - Perception
Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth
Chapter 33 - Meeting Darkness
Chapter 34 - Ideas and Getaway
Chapter 35 - The Uncertain Job
Chapter 36 - Preparation
Chapter 37 - Day Out With Sabertooth
Chapter 38 - Feast and A Helping Hand
Chapter 39 - Warm Embrace
Chapter 40 - Babysitting
Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion
Chapter 42 - Questions and Confession
Chapter 43 - Declaration
Chapter 44 - The Approach
Chapter 45 - Forgiveness
Chapter 46 - Small Visit
Chapter 47 - Abducted
Chapter 48 - Devastated
Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands
Chapter 50 - Suffering
Chapter 51 - Desire
Chapter 52 - Broken Walls
Chapter 53 - Enlightenment
Chapter 54 - Three Dragons VS Darkness
Chapter 55 - Betrayal
Chapter 56 - Vulnerable
Chapter 57 - Don't Forget Me
Epilogue - Final
A/N ~
A/N of Cover ! ~

Chapter 26 - Loss

8K 197 92
By mnerie_

Chapter dedicated to everyone c:

Thank you RiverClan for voting on the last chapter, I dedicate this chap for you !~ ^-^

-----

Sting's POV

Damn it. Cynthia was even more mad at me. Even worse! She's disappointed in what I did earlier, but I couldn't do anything about it. If only she can understand. If she could understand how I had to be strong in front of Minerva and Master. They were the two people you would not want to disappoint the most.

My heart aches when Cynthia's words rang through my mind. 'Sting... I thought you said something meaningful before... hours ago... But I guess not. I'm really disappointed in you.' She really was upset with me. Maybe forever. It's makes me mad but so annoyed at my behavior and it's just too frustrating! I blew it.

Now she may not forgive me anymore.

First with Yukino being kicked out and now with her team member who was replaced by my Lady... Or should I say Minerva. The way how Cynthia turned her back away from me when I was standing up against her to shield Minerva... The way she looked at me was so terrifying. I was at a loss of words at that moment. I didn't want to lose her, but I did...again. I mentally groaned in frustration.

Why me?! Why did Cynthia had to lose her memories?! And most importantly how?! This wasn't suppose to be! We were best friends. I could never get mad at her but she can be mad at me. I admit. It is my fault.

I was standing on the booth with the rest of the four members, including Lector and Frosch making seven of us in total, were watching the first battle of Quatro Puppy or whatever their name was and Blue Pegasus. Ignoring the fight below me, I ran a hand through my blonde hair remembering what happened earlier or more like last night. My conversation to her was still meaningful and always will be. She just can't see it.

I longed for her touch again, the way how her cheeks were so soft against the palm of my hands, when I cupped her cute face. Her scent was intoxicating, making my inner dragon begging more for her touch and for her to be... mine. I wanted to hold her in my arms again... Her voice, her touch... Just everything about Cynthia makes me want to her even more than ever! I know I told myself I wouldn't run after her again, but... I can't help it. She was making me feel like this.

When she asked for our promises that we made when we were younger made me really happy that she wanted to know and remember her past.

Although... I am a little upset that she can't remember them at all. This was just too much. I wanted her to be with me like old times. I wanted her to know that she can come to me whenever she has tears but I guess not. I just lost my best friend... Which I hope that actually wasn't true. My first girl best friend who doesn't remember her own best friend is really heartbreaking. My heart felt like it was crumbling and slowly sinking down into a black hole.

But for now... all I have think about right now, is fighting Natsu-san! For Lector's sake and our promise! Maybe... just maybe... Cynthia can look at me in a good way. I can show her that I am powerful and ... Hopefully recognize me? Why was this so hard and frustrating!? I felt a small tap on my arm and saw that it was my furry partner, Lector.

"Are you okay Sting-kun?" he asked with a slight worried expression.

"I'm fine..." I shrugged my shoulders at him. He didn't seem to buy the answer, but went back to watching the fight as I did as well. I looked to the other other side of the arena to see Cynthia who was sitting down with her fairy members and chatted away but it felt like she was going to ignore me now... more than ever.

"Sting. Let's go." I heard Rogue behind me.

I slightly turned my head to face him and replaced my thoughts about her. This was no time to be moping around. I've got to focus! Focus... just until the match is over. I need to win for Lector's sake. To show that Sabertooth is the number one guild of all Fiore. The time has come, for seven years wanting to battle him...waiting for this moment to arrive.

It was time and I won't let anything get in the way. Not even Cynthia.

--

Cynthia's POV

The match that we have all been waiting for. Natsu and Gajeel versus Sabertooth's Sting and Rogue. This was going to be one intense battle and I can already feel my excitement rising. There was pressure rising within the arena and everyone's eyes were focused on the four Dragon Slayers below. No sound except for the crunches of their footsteps below and Chapati's voice ringing through the speakers. The four of them were face to face. Gajeel and Natsu had serious looks on their faces meanwhile Rogue had this intense stare and for him... he had has his usual smirk on his face. It makes me so mad that I want to wipe off that cocky smirk of his!

"I've been looking forward to it, too-kabo! The time limit if 30 minutes! Let the match being!" The pumpkin referee announced.

"Here I go!" I heard Sting who was ready to pounce and land a hit on Natsu.

Sting came running towards Natsu, but in a flash he was backfired by a powerful punch making contact on his face from Natsu, same with Rogue but with Gajeel instead. As Sting was flying back into the air by the punch, he was kicked in the stomach by Natsu above him making him to fall on the ground. Just before he could land on all four, he held his ground as he dragged his feet to help him stand. Part of me wants to cheer for him some reason... but I am going to obviously cheer on for Natsu and Gajeel.

"Roar of the White Dragon!" Sting roared out as a white light beam shot out from his mouth. But Natsu and Gajeel were both able to dodge it in time. So he's a White Dragon Slayer huh? Out on the corner of my eye was Gajeel who was being attacked Rogue with his Shadow Dragon magic but Gajeel was able to block himself with his iron arm. Just as Rogue was being thrown by Gajeel, he crashed into Sting with Natsu's hand placed on Rogue's face. That has got to hurt.

"Wingbeat of the Fire Dragon!" Natsu yelled as he crouched after giving his attack. Right now, Fairy Tail were taking the lead. I'm so glad, I cheered out loud with everyone in the booth. This was just amazing!

"He really is strong... But I'd be disappointed otherwise." Sting wiped the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Did you two really defeat dragons with power like that?" Natu asked.

"Not defeat... I killed a dragon with this very hand." Sting clenched up his hand into a fist.

I don't believe him. There was something off about his cocky statement. Somehow I just feel like he's half lying. Why? Oh whatever, it's not like I'm going to talk to him right now or ever.... I'm still upset at what he did and he won't get away with it. Something caught my attention from my thoughts to look at the two Twin Dragon Slayers.

"White Drive..." Sting said as white light was emitting from him.

"Shadow Drive." Rogue also said beside him as he had dark light emitting as well. Just the opposite of Sting. I can feel very strong and powerful magic from them all of a sudden. Was this their real form of Dragon Slayer magic? I turned to my side to see a very nervous Levy.

"Gajeel-san will be fine Levy-chan!" I winked at her direction.

"Wh-what?! I'm not worried about him.... Yeah yeah. That's right!" she laughed nervously making me to smirk.

"Are you sure? Your face is turning red." I pointed out nonchalantly, making her to turn even more red.

"I...I am sure! Cynthia-chan! E-Enough chatting and more w-watching.." she stuttered facing back to the four Dragon Slayer battle.

"He'll be fine Levy-chan... Don't worry." I said smiled back to the arena to see Natsu and Gajeel staring down the other two with their Drives activated.

Sting was the first to make a move to land a punch on Natsu and he was fast. Like really fast! Faster than before. He gave Natsu a Holy White Judgment which was many punches all at once. So strong...

Then I see Rogue in his shadows which Gajeel didn't even land a hit on him. What strange magic... But what made me worried was how Natsu and Gajeel were now being pushed back. It looked to me, that Sting and Rogue were fighting together as one but then there's Natsu and Gajeel who weren't in sync. I must say, that's pretty impressive how the Twin Dragon Slayers are fighting as one, making their attacks and agility to be more powerful.

I watched carefully as Sting attacked Natsu with a punch that seemed different than his usual punches. Something appeared on Natsu abdomen with bright white light. Natsu couldn't move! How come?! I gritted my teeth with a wave of slight worry over me. I heard the White Dragon Slayer say that it was called The Claw of the White Dragon making its target's body stigmatta to lose it freedom.

Then all of a sudden... Gajeel finally got to lay a hand on Rogue as Natsu gave a punch on Sting's face! They were overpowering them again. What's going on?! But I don't care! They were winning! As soon as I thought about that, I noticed that Sting and Rogue were both crashing into the wall.

"Just like that! Go! Go!" Happy cheered as he jumped up.

"That was great, Gajeel!" I heard Levy said.

"I-I can't breathe... Calm down, Levy!" I saw Lily who was in Levy's arms who was being crushed, making me to smile and tapped Levy on her shoulder.

"Levy-chan... I think you're hurting Lily..." i said with a sweatdrop forming on my forehead.

"Ah gomen! Go Gajeel!" She cheered as she let go of Lily who almost fell to the ground but I caught him before he could.

"Are you okay?" I chuckled at him who was now in my arms but gently placed him on top of the stone railing. "Now I am... Thanks Miss Cynthia." He rubbed his arms facing me.

"No problem!"

"You guys really are the best! We have to give this our all and then same. The Fist of the White Dragon even reduces flames to smithereens." I heard a familiar voice said and I already knew that it would be Sting's. I rolled my eyes and watched him as he made a stance as his white glow was emitting from his body again. However, this time his magic was intense and glowed even more than before!

"What is that magic?! The pressure is incredible!" I heard Romeo who was anxious.

"I don't like this... I think it might be..." Happy added.

"It feels too strong.. and so intense..." I said making Happy and Romeo to look at me. This strong light was too bright blinding others but it was still visible to see Sting who held out a fist getting ready to aim towards Natsu.

"Dragon Slayer Arcana! Holy Nova!" he shouted as he went straight into Natsu, making the whole arena to shake and blinding us once more. I used my arms to embrace myself for impacts as did everyone else at the booth. This power was incredible! So strong.

"Whoa! What's this?!" Chapati's voice boomed.

Wondering why he said that, I looked back to the arena where the light vanished to see that Natsu caught Sting's punch in one hand making it look easy to catch! How did he catch that powerful punch and power at once?! Natsu is so strong! He really improved by a whole lot after coming back through that seven year gap.

"Sugoi..." I said in awe. I noticed that Sting's face was in shock. More like fear or troubled as to how Natsu stopped his attack in one hand. Even I would be surprised as he was.

But right now, I'm only cheering on for Natsu and Gajeel, not those two Sabertooth members. After a few more sharp hits and kicks that Sting and Rogue gained from Natsu and Gajeel, they both stood up who were once on the ground. I remembered of what Sting mentioned to me last night which got me to freeze in my spot.

"I'm not gonna lose. I can't lose... For Lector's sake." I heard Sting said with his white light that is once again emitting from his body. Those last three words. He was doing it all for Lector's sake... He was committed and passionate that he was doing this.. just for his furry friend. My heart had a warm tingly feeling. He just wanted to be strong for Lector so he wouldn't be bullied again... But even so.

After all that he had done, was just utterly wrong and horrible. I still can't forgive him for what happened to Lucy and how he still let Minerva to torture her when she couldn't move and was already passed out. I ignored the thought and went back to notice that their appearances changed. Sting and Rogue had these sort of tattoos or marks appearing on their faces and body. Almost like scales... Dragon Scales! My eyes widened at the sight. What immense power.

"Dragon Force..." Master Mavis spoke.

Just like at the time when Natsu ate the etherion! Only I haven't seen it... Only Erza-san who told me and the others. But in this case, Sting and Rogue can both muster up this type of power on their own will. Sting told Rogue to stand back so that he could finish off Natsu and Gajeel at the same time. Is he crazy? Or was he just being that plain arrogant show off again?!

My eyes twitched in annoyance but surprised to see that he came at them in top speed. He even blocked their punches! even when it was Natsu and Gajeel who were punching him at the same time and in sync this time. He was making a huge comeback. Then Sting jumped up high in the air and breathed out his attack towards them.

"Holy Breath of the White Dragon!" he roared. Just as he blasted his attack it made the whole arena to shake once more, the white blinding light came again but with more power and made the shape of a sphere to finish it off. This time he destroyed the battlefield making it hard for everyone to watch but soon we had lacrima vision to watch them from below. That was one powerful attack and I grimaced just thinking about it. It was too impulsive to take in... You were that strong Sting?! The power of the Third generation Dragon Slayers was honestly terrifying.

Soon, Natsu and Gajeel were starting to make a comeback, but Sting on the other hand he stands back up and hits them both with Holy Ray. It was almost similar to one of my magic attacks like Light Shower...

"Cynthia-chan... isn't that almost like your attack?" Happy asked who flew by my head, worry was filling in his eyes for Natsu and Gajeel.

"Y-yeah..." I stammered. As soon as I said that, Sting sent Natsu to fly and made him crash into the wall. Even so, Natsu and Gajeel still did not give up as Sting counters their every move and now... he knocked both of them to the ground and they weren't... moving. Sting pounded his fist in the air... like he won the victory for Lector. Something was going to happen and I just knew it. I knew that it wasn't Natsu's or Gajeel's end. They were stronger than that. I mentally sighed but still had a wave of worry hitting me.

"You're stronger than this!" Lily said.

"Natsu-nii! Stand up!" Romeo yelled.

"Get up you two! This isn't over yet!" I shouted with slight tears in my eyes.

I saw Sting through the lacrima vision who went back to his normal self but looked annoyed when I shouted as he released his Dragon Force.

"But you really were strong, Natsu-san... Gajeel-san..." Sting slightly smiled looking at them as Rogue came down and stood beside him.

"But, y'know... I kept my promise." Sting looked over to Rogue but was cut off by... Natsu?! He got up! Finally! I had a few prick of tears on the corner of my eyes. I just knew it that he would stand up. Then soon, Gajeel stood up as well.

"Don't be too hasty.." he said as he got up from the floor making Rogue and Sting surprised. Now the whole stadium were shouting and crying for us. For them! We will never give up, no matter how many times we've been brought down. We will always stand up! Natsu and Gajeel were now stretching and in pain from Sting's attacks but covered it quickly when they explained the timing of Sting's posture.

"You really think the Salamander can pull off a trick that requires usin' his brain?!" Gajeel said to Rogue.

"Oh, shut up!" Natsu barked.

A few seconds later, they were fighting about Sting's pivot footing to be facing at either 11:00 or 10:00. They pressed their foreheads heads against one another and started to bicker as always and made it into a small brawl . Making me to sweat drop at their childish fight.

"Oy oy... this was not the time for them to be having an argument..." I said with annoyance with my sweat drop still hanging.

"What are those two fools doing?!" Master rubbed his nose bridge making me to sigh.

"Clam it, already!" Natsu said as he pushed Gajeel into a mine cart and turned the on switch making him to ride the cart and out from the scene. What in earthland was Natsu thinking.

"Hey! You bastard!" Gajeel cried but his motion sickness already got to him. As a result, Natsu grinned and laughed out Gajeel's usual laugh.

"Poor Gajeel..." I said and Levy who just nodded in agreement with a sweatdrop forming on her head, but she looked really worried. Natsu challenged the two on just like when Sting did the same with both Natsu and Gajeel. I noticed that his fingers had flames engraved with words on them, saying 'COME ON' and held a smug grin on his face. I smiled at his usual battle mode. Sting and Rogue that's what you get for looking down on us. For thinking that we were weak. Now it's our time to make you take back all of those things you said.

"Go, Natsu!" Happy cheered.

"You can do it!" I added in with his cheer. As soon as I said that, Sting twitched his eye at the sound of my voice. Whoops... Did I make him upset? Again? It's not like I care. I kept on cheering on for Natsu while the two Dragon Slayers of Sabertooth had to activate their Dragon Force once again.

"Dragon force is the power of a dragon. There's nothing more powerful in this world!" an enraged Sting yelled as he came running towards Natsu with his fist getting ready to launch his attack. Though, Natsu caught it in one hand just like as he did before.

'That's where you're wrong Sting.' I thought. There is always something more powerful in this world. Or rather... There is feelings. They are stronger than anything else and that's where you can get stronger too. In your heart and mind. The thoughts as a guild as one can never be broken nor can they either be weak.

"My power is complete! This is the power I used to kill Weisslogia!" Sting said in anger as he held his punch in Natsu's hand.

"I see. Then I'll use my power... to fight for my friends who were laughed at." he replied. Right when he said that he was engulfed in his flames with great force and punched Sting back again on his face with his freehand. Soon rogue came in and attacked Natsu with his Roar of the Shadow Dragon, but much to dismay...Natsu returned one of his roars as well, making him to overpower Rogue's.

They didn't seem to give up just yet, what will power. I'll give them credit for that. Even so, Natsu was now the one taking the lead and conquering the fight between the three of them.

"H-He's strong." Lily said while crossing his arms.

"That's Natsu!" Happy said in a proud manner.

"But where did Gajeel go?!"

"Who knows..." I giggled looking at Lily.

"I'm scared of what'll happen when he comes back..." Happy muttered.

Looking back to the lacrima vision I see Sting and Rogue who have immense power once again with who both swung one of their arm behind them with a huge blast of magic shooting out. Another powerful attack.

"This feeling... The quality of the magic has changed again." Juvia said.

"The magic of those two has begun to merge." Mira added.

"Unison Raid!" Master remarked.

"Unison Raid... huh?" I softly said, as their blast of magic became even bigger and with so much power.

"Holy Shadow Dragon Fang Flash!" Sting and Rogue boomed as their attack when straight for Natsu who didn't even seem to dodge.

"Natsu! Dodge it!" I shouted.

"He's not moving! he intends to take it?!" Lily said as a huge explosion came from below the arena.

Master pointed his right hand up into the air making the hand signature of Fairy Tail along with everyone else standing in the booth who had also followed the same gesture as him. I smiled at the sight of where the guild stood with ambition and compassion. Seconds later, I too.. lifted my right hand up into the air showing Fairy Tail's hand symbol as a smile was plastered on my face.

The arena started to shake by the huge explosion being cause by Sting and Rogue, making everyone to be anxious and worried as to what happened to Natsu them. The lacrima vision was having technical difficulties but soon showed up to see that Sting and Rogue both have fallen down in front of Natsu who stood their victoriously with a smug grin making me to laugh and cry at the same time.

"It's Fairy Tail! He broke the Twin Dragons! The winner is Fairy Tail! With this, they've leaped to first place! And this brings an end to the fourth day of the Grand Magic Games! After one day off, we'll be back the day after tomorrow with the final battle! The last day... will feature a survival battle, with all of the members participating! Which guild will achieve victory in the end?! Don't miss it anyone!" Chapati announced making the whole audience to boom in cheers.

"H-He... did it!" I cried happily while Levy and I hugged together as we jumped in joy. But something caught my attention and I looked to see that it was Lector on the other side of the arena who clenched his fists and cried. My heart felt like it shattered just seeing him cry. I felt bad... but it was a fair fight and after all, their rudeness and being cocky about themselves... that's what they get. I mentally sighed.

---

After everyone left the stadium, Natsu, Erza and Gray all went to the infirmary to see Lucy as I ran through the corridors towards my designated place. Man this was going to be a big pain in the ass but I just felt like I need to do it. I huffed a little since I was out of breath but finally found the two exceeds that I've been looking for.

"Lector! Frosch!" I called out to them making them to turn around and face me with tears falling from their eyes. I smiled softly and crouched down while spreading my arms open and soon they ran into my arms and I submerged them into tight hugs.

"Cynthia-chan!", "Cynthia!", they both wailed into my chest making me to coo at them.

"They were great! Don't you think?" I said softly trying to cheer them up making them to cry even more.

"Now now, no more crying. Sting and Rogue wouldn't like to see you guys cry. They gave it their best shot and they still didn't give up."

"H-Hai! Cynthia-chan..." Lector snuggled closely and sniffled at the same time.

"F-Fro thinks so, to!" she cried.

"Well then, let's get down there and see them." I smiled as I got up and jumped from the balcony still with Lector and Frosch in my arms. I landed safely onto the ground below the arena where Sting blasted Natsu and Gajeel from before. Here I was standing a few feet away from the twin Dragon Slayers and puffed my cheeks.

"Sting-kun!" Lector cried and jumped out from my arms.

"Rogue!" Frosch said as she ran to her partner.

I smiled at the two exceeds who came up to their Dragon Slayers and looked over to them worriedly. I walked a couple of steps closer and lifted both of my hands up facing one in front of Sting and the other at Rogue.

"Light of Regeneration." I said, as two gold magic circles appeared above on both of the two Dragon Slayers and a gold light was emitted, surrounding their bodies with the soft glow to help heal away their injuries.

"Ce-Cee...chan?" I heard Sting spoke as he tried to lift his head up.

"Hey Sting..." I smiled as I walked closer and sat on the ground in front of them.

"W-What are you doing here??" Rogue added as I looked over to him.

"Just helping to heal the pain away..." I said nonchalantly.

"W-Why...?" Sting mumbled and looked over to Lector who still had slight tears in his eyes.

"I... don't know.... I just felt like I had to." I whispered softly and looked away from them.

"Sting-kun!" Lector said.

"Lector... I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise..." he said sadly as Lector shook his head.

"It's okay. You did great out there!" he smiled, using the words of encouragement that I said to him and Frosch earlier, making me to smile. Well then enough of this... It's best I better head back. I stood up and before I could turn I heard Sting called out to me.

"What is it Sting..?" I asked slightly turning my face to see him.

"Thank you..." he smiled as Rogue nodded in agreement.

His smile sent a million beats into my heart. It was nice to see him smile like that... I blushed slightly turning my gaze away from them and slowly walked away.

"You're welcome... don't think that I am not still upset with you because I still am..." My voice slightly hardened making him to flinch. As for Rogue who just stared at me with Frosch and Lector who had worried looks on their faces.

"Cee-chan..."

"Oh and just to let you know, the medical team will be here shortly in a few minutes. You two get better by tomorrow." Were my final words as I bent my knees a little and jumped out from the blasted hole of Sting's attack, leaving the four of them behind.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 114 14
{a fairy tail || Natsu x Lucy (Nalu) || Sting x Lucy (Stinglu) || fan fiction} -Incomplete/discontinued Lucy Heartfilia fell in love with Natsu Dragn...
893 32 22
"Natsu, you make me happy. And I don't know how I could've gotten through this week without you. Even with me not being able to speak you didn't plea...
14.3K 317 32
After her friends disappear with Tenrou Jima, a hole appeared in Yume Dragneels life. Her brother and everyone is gone. She grows distant to the othe...
160K 3.7K 28
Lucy is being ignored because Lisanna came back from the dead and that's when Lucy's life turned upside down. Lucy is ignored for months the only peo...