Don't Forget Me. Sting x OC...

Galing kay mnerie_

3 months have passed ever since the S-Mage Trial Exam at Tenrou Island and since Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wen... Higit pa

Character Info.
Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh
Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey
Chapter 03 - Encounters
Chapter 04 - First Thoughts
Chapter 05 - A Nickname & Promises
Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection
Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories
Chapter 08 - Departure
Chapter 09 - Time Passed By
Chapter 10 - Accident
Chapter 11 - Search
Chapter 12 - Awaken
Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!
Chapter 14 - Greetings and Announcements
Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams
Chapter 16 - Reunited in Crocus
Chapter 17 - Worries
Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony
Chapter 19 - Defeat and Feelings
Chapter 20 - Emotional Outbursts
Chapter 21 - Flushed and Break-in
Chapter 22 - Crave and Despise
Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation
Chapter 25 - Disappointment
Chapter 26 - Loss
Chapter 27 - Comfort
Chapter 28 - Pursue
Chapter 29 - A New Promise
Chapter 30 - Fight To The Finish
Chapter 31 - Perception
Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth
Chapter 33 - Meeting Darkness
Chapter 34 - Ideas and Getaway
Chapter 35 - The Uncertain Job
Chapter 36 - Preparation
Chapter 37 - Day Out With Sabertooth
Chapter 38 - Feast and A Helping Hand
Chapter 39 - Warm Embrace
Chapter 40 - Babysitting
Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion
Chapter 42 - Questions and Confession
Chapter 43 - Declaration
Chapter 44 - The Approach
Chapter 45 - Forgiveness
Chapter 46 - Small Visit
Chapter 47 - Abducted
Chapter 48 - Devastated
Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands
Chapter 50 - Suffering
Chapter 51 - Desire
Chapter 52 - Broken Walls
Chapter 53 - Enlightenment
Chapter 54 - Three Dragons VS Darkness
Chapter 55 - Betrayal
Chapter 56 - Vulnerable
Chapter 57 - Don't Forget Me
Epilogue - Final
A/N ~
A/N of Cover ! ~

Chapter 24 - Mixed Feelings

8.5K 205 42
Galing kay mnerie_

Here you go my lovely readers! Just like I promised! Chapter 24 ;D Chapter dedicated to... MoonstoneAlchemist, purpleflamestar, Crystalmy188, MirajaneStrauss8765, -CAKE_GOD-, and Illuminated_Moon! Enjoooy everyone ! <3

--

Cynthia's POV

Day three of the Grand Magic Games were already over. After my comeback and the applause from many people cheering me on because of the MPF game, we went back to the games and next in line were a few more battles.

Soon it was Laxus vs Alexei from Raven Tail. I got a really bad vibe at first which my instincts were right after all. The whole fight from the beginning of Laxus and Alexei were all an illusion. It wasn't a real battle making everyone to believe that it was, the real Laxus and Alexei were chatting instead with one another.

It was also a shock that Alexei was actually Ivan! Laxus wasn't that pleased but got annoyed, somehow Ivan wanted to search for something that was part of Fairy Tail and I wasn't sure what that was but I ignored it.

In return Laxus actually defeated all of the members of Raven Tail including his dad and claimed that Fairy Tail was his family which actually broke the illusion for all of us to see. It was quite shocking but I was really glad that he destroyed them and thus Raven Tail were taken into custody. Well finally! and good riddance too! That's what they get for hurting Lucy, Wendy, Carla and Gray.

The next match was Wendy vs Cheria from Lamia Scale. It was a pretty cute fight between the two since they were uhm... small and younger. In the end they both ended up in a tie. It was a really good match since both of their magics were similar. Sky magic except for the fact that Wendy's was Sky Dragon Slayer Magic and Cheria's was Sky God Slayer Magic.

Wendy improved by a lot and her magic was impressive which got me in awe and I wanted to go on missions with her again like we used to seven years ago. Now it was already night time and everyone was back in the same pub as every night. We were cheering for today's' victory of Erza's, mine, Laxus and Wendy's battle. Some of our comrades went the four of us and commented on how we did well during the games, which I was really pleased and feeling great about.

Moments later, Natsu started to do this booze barrel surfing crashing into people and move them aside, which made me to sweat drop at the sight. 'Doesn't he have motion sickness...?'. At the moment, it was right on cue. Natsu crashed into Gajeel who was pretty much pissed. The Iron Dragon Slayer grabbed Natsu by his scarf and collar making Natsu sick in the process just by shaking him. I laughed at the sight.

Something else happened that I did not expect... Gray started to join in on the fun with Natsu's plan who bumped onto the wall as a result with his clothes flying off...and after him was Erza who also crashed. Everyone was in laughter by the scene that was being unfolded, making this to be a really fun night!

"A pool?" Erza said with a slight blush looking at Levy. I turned around to see, Lucy, Wendy and Erza all in front of Levy who said something that seemed to have intrigued me with.

"Is there one nearby?" Lucy asked.

"It's a summer resort known all throughout Fiore, Ryuuzetsu Land!" Levy answered as she pointed up her index finger.

"That sounds like fun!" I smiled in their direction.

"We gotta go for sure!" Natsu barged in with a smile.

"Since it's so damn hot!" Gray added.

"Aye, sir!" Happy chirped.

"Well then, I guess it's decided! Shall we all go now?" I said looking towards everyone who nodded their heads in agreement.

-

We were all on our way to go to the Water Park. I was walking with Erza, Wendy, Carla and Lucy by my side. We talked about woman things and some stuff about the games that happened earlier today. But slowly walking than my usual speed, Lucy and Erza were ahead of me, Wendy and Carla since we were talking about seven years ago and how fun were missions were together.

"Hey Cynthia-chan! Did you bring any lotion I forgot to bring some." Lucy frowned while searching in her bag as she turned to look at me.

"Let me look!" I said while trying to reach in my bag but sadly I didn't.

"Gomen... I forgot! You guys go ahead without me! I'll go back to the inn and grab some lotion!" I said turning my heels to go back.

"Are you okay by yourself?!" Erza called out to me.

"Yeah! i'll be fine! I'm already used to walking by myself now! Don't worry about me!" I gave off a small laugh as I ran towards the path towards the inn.

I can't believe we were making our way back to being number one. It makes me really glad that mine and everyone's feelings, through the seven year gap is finally going back to the way things were before. Humming to a tune that was stuck in my head, I didn't feel like running anymore so it wouldn't be too bad if i would come late... right? Besides, I think they're planning to be there for a while.

Turning into a corner near a building I came face to face to an inn that looked slightly familiar. I placed a hand under my chin and thought hard about it. Oh! It was Sabertooth's inn... When um... Natsu and I intruded. Well actually Natsu was the main one who did the fighting and everything, while I was just there to watch and make sure he doesn't cause any more troubles.

Still walking slowly, I looked away from the rival's inn and now my eyes were concentrated towards the path ahead of me. A few seconds later, I heard a few voices from above.

"Sting-kun...Can't you sleep?". 'That must be Lector!' I thought.

"Lector...I have a feeling that I'm going to fight Natsu-san tomorrow. I've been waiting for that day... for seven years...".

'And I am guessing this voice was Sting's.' I sighed softly.

He's been wanting to fight Natsu-san for seven years?! That was when Natsu and the rest were at Tenrou Island... Then he must've been my age! I do slightly remember that he mentioned about we met but not with so much details, when we bumped into each other the first day of the games. Saying some stuff that I was their best friend and wondered what happened to me. I don't know. But even so, the aftermath of my fall seemed like I was missing something important to me. I felt like I was missing a few pieces in my mind and heart.

"I know you'll win, Sting-kun!" Lector said.

"Ah, thanks Lector. I know I will win. for your sake and for Cynthia." I heard him say my name which got me really confused.

Just thinking about how he made a promise made my heart to beat really fast. I could feel the heat rise onto my cheeks. 'Damn! I'm flushing just because of him! But for mine and Lector's sake?! What does he mean...? We never made a promise together! It's not like I've never met him before... right?' I brought myself into thinking about this really long and hard. Shivers ran down my spine and my head started to ache again.

Why now!? I want know more about this promise... and why he said my name. For what reason. Just hearing him say my name gave a light spark in my... heart, itching to go to Sting and talk to him. I groaned in frustration, but quickly covered my mouth in realization that I made an outburst.

"Cynthia-chan?!" I heard Lector yell from above. I was frozen in spot when my name was called from the red exceed. I slowly dropped my hands to the side and turned my gaze up towards Sting and Lector who looked at me in surprise.

"Oh, aha hey... g-guys? What's up?" I grinned sheepishly while scratching my cheek.

"What are you doing here?" Sting asked nonchalantly and I sweat dropped at his question.

"I was uh... going back to the inn... to grab some things for swimming but I'm only passing by."

"Swimming?! At this time of night?" Lector asked.

"Y-yeah.. its called Ryuuzetsu Land... and its not bad to dip in the pool at night."

"I see. Did you hear everything?" Sting asked, his eyes piercing my very soul.

"How should I say this... yeah... but by accident!" I waved my hands in defense which made him to smirk.

"What are you smirking at?". This time my tone was as sassy as can be while I placed one of my hands on my waist.

"Nice outfit." he commented.

Trying to understand what he said, I looked down to see that I was wearing my oversized hoodie that only covered up to my butt and I was only wearing my bikini bottom... I had no shorts or anything. Just the dark blue swimwear undies. I shrieked in embarrassment and covered my bottom part while looking away from him. I could already tell that my face was glowing bright red.

"D-don't look you pervert!" I yelled as my blush deepened in shade.

"I'm n-not a pervert! You c-came here looking like that!" he argued.

He was right though. I did walk around looking like this. I sighed in annoyance and in defeat. That Dragon Slayer was right, man I can be so ... dumb at times. I turned to face him dead on, to see that he was glaring at me.

"And you're glaring at me because...?"

"I thought you didn't want to talk to me and here you are talking to me." he said unamused.

"I didn't mean to talk to you right now. Geez. You guys started the conversation and my reason why I didn't want to talk to you, was because of what happened last night." I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're the one who groaned out loud!So you can stop talking to me." he retorted.

"Fine by me. But I won't leave yet until you tell me why you said my name earlier." I glared.

"Oh. So now you want to talk to me? Make up your mind woman."

"Whatever I just wanted to know. Since you know... you told me earlier when we met that we were best friends and that we crossed paths... even if I don't know about that or remember." I huffed.

Sting's blue eyes were staring at me, like he was watching my every move, my breathing pattern and soon... I noticed that his eyes became soft. I had this warm feeling inside of me... I didn't know why. I kind of liked it... so I stood there awkwardly and fidgeted my fingers at the rim of my hoodie.

"Do you really want to know?" his voice became softer but still held his gaze on me.

This caught me off guard but I nodded without hesitation. I had to know and why. Why did I not remember my times with him and them. It was strange. Shaking off the thoughts I walked a couple of steps closer to their inn and slightly bent my knees and lifted myself off the ground and up into the air. I landed perfectly on top of their railing a few feet away from Sting and Lector, then I jumped to stand properly on their balcony ground. I looked at them to see, their faces in awe at my jump. Was it that fascinating to see?

"So... are you going to explain or not?" I sighed, making Sting to cough and fix himself straight.

"Well... to start off things... can you at least put some pants on?"

"I would... but I don't have any, genius."

"Fine." he gruffed while walking inside the room and came back out with a pair of black sweats and tossed them over to me.

"Wear these. It may be a little big for you." he blushed slightly.

"Thanks Sting. I'm guessing these are yours?" I said while putting on the black sweatpants that were slightly big but boy... they were comfy as hell.

"Yeah. Just give them back tomorrow... or you can use them whenever..." he mumbled softly, which I didn't quite catch the last part he said.

"What was that?" I asked in confusion.

"Huh? Oh its nothing!" he looked away from my gaze, making Lector to roll his eyes.

"Anyways.... back to what we were talking about." I crossed my arms as I leaned myself against the rail for support.

"Uh. What I was saying was.... I made a promise to you and Lector... when we were kids. You and me were both twelve at the time which you already heard that it was seven years ago, that I wanted to beat Natsu-san ever since. Lector was... being bullied when he tried to tell everyone that I slayed a dragon and they didn't believe him so he ran away to find me and you. At that time... we were both at my thinking place back at home. If you don't remember it, it was a grassy hill with many trees and rocks. It was plain but the atmosphere was peaceful and serene. You even said it looked plain but you found it to be beautiful with the mountains surrounding the village..." he smiled at the thought while he stared at me, making me to bush in the process but his words felt like they were at ease, comfortable and happy.

"So I made a promise right there and then that I would defeat Salamander who is Natsu-san. To beat him in front of everybody... for them to see, to do it for Lector's sake so that he won't be bullied again. So that they will believe him after all this time. You told me not to give up, even if I fail or win against him... you will be there cheering me on. You believed in me. I got really motivated and made it my top priority. That's why I joined Sabertooth to get stronger, to be powerful than Natsu-san." his smile went even wider this time making me to stifle a giggle.

"What are you laughing at?!' he said in a angry yet childish attitude.

"Gomen... it all sounds too cheesy..." I giggled while wiping a small tear away. He looked upset and a little pissed at what I said.

"I'm just saying it's cheesy but..."

"But...?"

"It seemed like your explanation was very heartwarming. You seemed to be very passionate doing this for Lector..." I smiled softly making him to gasp a little but quickly covered it with a small smile.

"And for you too." he said.

"What do you mean...?" I arched an eyebrow at him.

"There was another thing. A promise and something else...That promise was that you would always be my best friend no matter what, wherever we go... we will always somehow be there for each. You promised to not forget me." he said sadly.

"Cynthia-chan..." Lector cried.

"But I did forget about you...and Lector...and the other two, didn't I?" I said softly while looking away from both of them. This pained me inside. I promised him something like this? I can't remember. I felt really bad for not remembering our promise when we were kids. It's like my memory was taken away...it doesn't seem to ring a bell.

"And what was that other thing you mentioned earlier?" I asked with my gaze still away from him and Lector.

"Your nickname." he chuckled.

"My...nickna-" I was cut off to feel warm hands cupping my cheeks gently.

My eyes widened in surprise since all I could do was stare into those deep and soft midnight blue eyes of Sting's. They were mesmerizing, it felt like it was only him and me in the world and no one else. I felt safe with his gentleness, his hands felt nice brushing along my cheeks. I blushed a deep shade of red forgetting the situation that I was in.

"That's right Cee-chan. Your nickname I made for you at the time. I was the first one to ever give you one since you said your family only calls you by your name fully. You made me feel special. I was important to you... and you are important to me Cee-chan. You also said that you would treasure the nickname I gave you and only allowed me to call you that and no one else." he gently smiled while his blue eyes were still locked with my purple ones.

I didn't notice earlier but seeing them closer, his eyes looked cat slits giving off an effect that he had more dominance over me it was menacing but they were really attractive eyes. I felt the heat rush up to me once again, my chest felt like it was going to burst at any moment, my stomach had the butterflies, my head felt slightly dizzy. I gazed down to see his soft lips... but I looked back up to his eyes and saw that his face was coming closer by a few inches.

"Sting..." I softly whispered.

"Cee-chan..." he murmured as his face came closer to mine. 'Just a few inches more!'. I closed my eyes, as he did as well. Was it finally time to give in and actually accept the fact that we were best friends? I would accept that we had past time together but... not like this! Not right now! I didn't love him... like that way. This was too early! Yet I hardly know the guy... I think. I had to stop this before we make contact with one another!

I shot my eyes wide open and pushed him away as he gave a shocked look on his face. My face felt like it was burning hot and about to explode! I already knew that I was flushed red... I hugged myself and looked away from him. He clenched his hands into tight fists then unclenched them as he stared hard at the balcony floor.

"S-sorry...." was the one word that escaped from his lips. I looked to him, my face still covered in heat.

"I-It's okay..." I said in embarrassment.

It was quiet for a good five minutes. Nothing was said between us and Lector was standing there, stunned at what happened but he seemed to be frozen not being able to move. Who can blame him? It was all of a sudden and I never expected that to happen. None of us did. I turned my back from them and placed my hand on top of the balcony railing.

"I...I accept the fact that we were ... friends... before...but w-what just happened a few moments ago was something that I could not... do." I fidgeted trying to find the right words.

"It was my fault. Sorry again... and I'm glad that you finally get to acknowledged us to be your best friends again." I heard him emphasized the word 'best', which he just blushed but still held his stare at the ground looking puzzled at what happened a few minutes ago.

"W-Well...that's only because I can tell by your eyes too... they were telling the truth along with your story of our promise..." I flushed.

"You can tell ... just by looking at their eyes huh? You never changed... well maybe a little." he chuckled.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You would always do that when we try to explain the truth...and now... you have more sass to your tone." he trailed off looking at Lector who smiled at us in agreement and in exchange I gave back a small smile.

At that moment we heard a huge explosion to our left and I could already tell that it was in the direction or Ryuuzetsu Land!... I bet that it was Natsu's and Gray's doing, meaning that Master would have to pay again for another ruckus that Fairy Tail members would usually do. I mentally sighed.

"Annnd... that's my cue. I think I should be taking my leave now." I smiled gently at Sting and Lector who both looked in the same direction as I did.

"O-Oh.. yeah sure. See... you?" he sheepishly smiled while scratching his cheek.

"Yeah. See you Lector! And Sting... I'll give your sweat pants tomorrow, thanks for letting me borrow them... and one more thing. I still won't forgive you for what you did to Yukino-chan. I am still very upset about that... but anyways see ya." I said with a small wave as I jumped off from their balcony and ran towards the direction of the explosion.

"Bye Cynthia-chan!" Lecter waved.

"S-Sure... Wait what?!" Sting said in shock.

"I knew it that you liked her!" I heard Lector with a sly tone. I could already tell that he was smirking at the blonde who was now dumbfounded, as soon as I left.

"L-Lector!" he yelled making me to blush but laugh at the same time.

'He liked me? That's not possible. Not at all. I don't think I would like him back anyways. He's too... confusing, good-looking, gentle but at the same time he is cocky and an idiot. Whatever. I shouldn't focus on him but on the games and the pool! It might be a mess already. Yet I still haven't forgave him for what happened to Yukino-chan!' I sighed and ran off towards the direction of Ryuuzetsu Land, hoping that these mixed emotions and thoughts would just go away.

--

What do you guys think? A little alone time with the two of them together, hehe. Next Chapter, coming out either tomorrow or the next day! ^o^

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

14.8K 521 13
🥀💔❌ Based on my true story. Everything in this book really happened. I decided to tell it using fairy tail characters because for a lot of them the...
1.1K 25 16
Have you ever wondered what might have happened during the time period from when fairy tail defeated Acnologia to the day when Team Natsu set out to...
35.5K 1K 30
[COMPLETED] Word count: About 28,000 After the War with the Alvarez Empire, all of the guilds in Fiore have started their gradual recovery. Sting has...
129K 4K 35
*Completed, August 18, 2015* It has been a year and two months since the GMG's (Grand Magic Games). Lucy has felt weak and she felt like she doesn't...