ÈGOÏSTE |18+ [English Version]

By ara000

- What do you know about prenuptial agreements? About being sold by your own father? You may laugh at me or t... More

WELCOME❤️
Prologue
Chapter 1. "Egoiste"
Chapter 2. "The Beginning."
Chapter 3. "The Fatal Encounter."
Chapter 4. "The Idea"
Chapter 5. "One Look at Her."
Chapter 6. "The Girl with the Secret."
Chapter 7. "Alluring Fragrance."
Chapter 8. "Nightclub."
Chapter 9. "Heartbreak."
Chapter 10. "The Deal."
Chapter 11. "Quarrel."
Chapter 12. "Character."
Chapter 13. "Mystery."
Chapter 14. "The Truth."
Chapter 15. "Temptation."
Chapter 16. "Jealousy."
Chapter 17 "Girlfriends"
Chapter 18. "Feelings."
Chapter 19. "The Clash."
Chapter 20. "Acquaintances."
Chapter 21. "The Matrimonial Covenant."
Chapter 22. "Signature."
Chapter 23. "The Choice."
Chapter 24. "Rival."
Chapter 25. "You can't change the meeting place Part 1".
Chapter 26. "You can't change the meeting place Part 2".
Chapter 27. "An Evil Joke."
Chapter 28. "The Important Decision."
Chapter 29. "The Game Begins."
Chapter 30. "A Deal To Be."
Chapter 31. "You're My Toy."
Chapter 32. "In the Embrace of a Selfish Man."
Chapter 33. "You are mine."
Chapter 34. "Stranger."
Chapter 35. "The Scent of a Woman."
Chapter 36. "Thoughts only of you."
Chapter 37. "Ex."
Chapter 38. "A Burst of Emotion."
Chapter 39. "Temptation."
Chapter 40. "Secrets must be solved."
chapter 41. "Reality."
Chapter 42. "Seduction"
Chapter 44. "The Caged Bird."
Chapter 45. "Just a Glance."
Chapter 46. "Remembrance."
Chapter 47. "Playing By No Rules."
Chapter 48. "Passion."
chapter 49. "The Witness."
chapter 50. "The Trap."
Chapter 51. "Scandal."
Chapter 52. "Evil has triumphed."
Chapter 53. "Madness."
Chapter 54. "The Pleasure."
Chapter 55. "I am your toy."
Chapter 56. "The showdown."
Chapter 57. "The Return of Old Friends."
Chapter 58. "Ignorance."
Chapter 59. "The End is Near."
Chapter 60. "In the Enemy's Lair."
Chapter 61. "A Farewell Kiss."
Chapter 62. "Two Broken Hearts."
Chapter 63. "Friendship or Love?"
Chapter 64. "Plan B."
Chapter 65. "The Long-Awaited Encounter."
chapter 66. "One look from you and my heart will go up in flames.
chapter 67. "Love Makes Madness."
Chapter 68. "The Beginning or the End."
Chapter 69. "A Moment of Silence."
Chapter 70. "One Minute of Silence Part 2"
Chapter 71. "Game over"
Chapter 72. "The King Plays by His Own Rules."
Chapter 73. "Suicide."
Chapter 74. "Paranormal Phenomena"
Chapter 75. "The Devil's Mark."
Chapter 76. "A Deal with the Devil."
Chapter 77. "Last Chance for Redemption."
Chapter 78. "Reality?"
Chapter 79. "Masquerade."
Chapter 80. "The mask is off."
Chapter 81. "The soul has found peace."
Chapter 82. "Dracula."
Chapter 83. "Egoist Thoughts."
Chapter 84. "The Hour of Reckoning."
Chapter 85. "Time to Pay the Bills."
Epilogue
Thanks❤️

Chapter 43. "The Past."

38 5 0
By ara000

The past is the home of the human soul. Sometimes we are haunted by a longing for the feelings we have felt, even a longing for past sorrow.

Г. Heine.

On behalf of Edmund:

Today we are already returning to San Francisco, of course, we would like to stay in Naples for a couple more days, but with the recent events, we do not want to stay here at all...

- Are you all packed, little birdie? - I asked Joanna, who was pacing back and forth.

- I think...

- Then I will not disturb you," I laughed, and a pillow flew at me.

- Don't laugh, I'm trying to remember what I've forgotten and what I haven't.

- Come on quickly, the yacht is waiting for us, even if you forget something is not a big deal, I'll buy you a new one. - I winked and pulled the girl to me and kissed her gently.

Our relationship with her has improved quite a bit, I do not know what contributed to this, but I hope on arrival in America our relationship will only get better, at any rate I promised my wife that we still have time for a honeymoon...

After taking the last suitcase we got into the car and went in the direction of the port, where Luca was waiting for us.

- Good morning, Mr. Wright. - He shook my hand.

- "Good morning," I said, and went aboard.

- Good morning, Miss Wright. How do you feel? - As I held out my hand to Joanna, Luca asked her.

- I am offended at you, Luca... - Said she, to which the boy laughed.

- To me Mr. Wright's orders are the law, I couldn't do otherwise. - He winked, to which she smiled.

- I'm going to get some sleep," she said tiredly, and went off to her bedroom.

- Have you two made up? - The guy asked me.

- I think more yes than no. - I answered. Although there were strange thoughts in my head, I could not understand my feelings for Joanna... but I knew for sure there was something between us...

On behalf of Stacy:

I woke up before Tony, another hot night behind me... I went to the bathroom and turned on the cold shower, my mind was a thousand thoughts and each one was about Edmund, from the outside it seems that I forgot him, I found a replacement in the form of his brother, but that's not true at all, it's impossible at the snap of a finger to forget someone, anyone, even someone who is only in your life for a couple of weeks... and then what about Edmund and me?

We've been through so much together and there's a scandal, he leaves me and marries who knows who, unfortunately Tony never told me who Edie's wife is, but I'll find out anyway and I'll wipe her to pieces, the one who took away my dearest possessions...

After finishing my water treatments I went back to the bedroom, Tony continued to sleep, I changed, put on my tracksuit, took my headphones and phone and ran around the neighborhood. There's nothing better than a morning jog and it was about time I got back to my proper and athletic lifestyle.

But even my morning run didn't go well because a cyclist bumped me, or rather hit me and I almost fell on the lawn.

- Watch where you're going! - I took my headphones off and yelled at the guy I didn't know.

- I was signaling you, but you decided to put on headphones and turn the music up to full volume! - He replied rudely.

- You could have just apologized, you jerk. - I grabbed my elbow, which got bumped.

- Are you hurt? Let me see," he walked over to me.

- I don't need any help!

- Let me see, - he insisted and looked at my elbow, he said to put ice on it, let's go around the corner to Starbucks, I'll ask them for ice and buy you a hot morning coffee.

- You hit me first and then you're sorry? - I laughed.

- What's your name? - He asked.

- Stacy, what's yours?

- Henry, I haven't seen you around here, are you from around here? - He asked and we walked slowly towards the cafe.

- No, I was born here, I just decided to get on the right track and do sports, so to speak...

- Be careful, they may steal such a pretty girl. - He smiled and we went into the cafe.

Henry turned out to be a very nice young man, he put ice on my elbow, gave me a coffee and a sandwich, and told me a little about himself.

- And she disappeared? Just like that? - I asked him, he was telling me about the girl he loved, and on the last day of their meeting, when he thought it was just beginning, she said she was going somewhere for a month...

- Yes, I went to see her parents, but they didn't tell me anything, where she disappeared to...

- We have a similar story, only I had a quarrel and the man I loved for a long time, with whom I shared breakfast, lunch and dinner, just disappeared from my life, only not like yours, but he got married, because he is the father's heel, if you can put it that way, everything that the father says so and will.

- I'm sorry," he took my hand, but don't feel bad, everything will be all right. Would you like to go out tonight?

- I wouldn't mind... - I smiled. Henry walked me home afterwards and as soon as I walked in I was greeted by a sleepy Tony.

- Where have you been? - He asked gruffly.

- I've been working out, unlike some people.

- And that kid you had hanging around with you? Or would you say he was an accessory to the sport? Stacy! - He called me...

- It's an old friend of mine," I said, and went into the kitchen.

***

On behalf of Isabella:

It had been a few days since Joanna got married... the house has emptied and I have become sad and lonely, I am alone, sometimes I go to her room and spend all day there, looking at her baby pictures and I am in a flood of tears as usual...

I feel like I did wrong, I blame myself, but I don't even know what to do now...

I get a text message on my phone from Joe:

Joe: "We're flying home. See you soon. Kisses."

There was an immediate smile on my face, but also a misunderstanding because they were coming back too early, maybe they had a fight or something?

I immediately went to the kitchen to see if there were any ingredients for Joanna's favorite blueberry pie.

- What are you doing? - Alfred came up to me and kissed me.

- Joanna is flying in. - I said with a smile.

- What? Why is that?

- I don't know, she just texted me, what's up? - I looked at my husband, aren't you excited about your daughter?

- I am, but it's weird... It hasn't even been a week.

- Ugh, you annoy me sometimes, Al.

- All right, all right, Isa, don't be nervous. - He sat down at the table and soon after, he added, "Maybe we should invite the Wright family, then. Well, how symbolic it would be to me, parents on both sides meeting their children...

- That's a good idea, call Oswald and talk to him...

On behalf of Oswald:

Today, I decided to skip work and make time for Sandra, she hasn't been herself lately...

- Babe, I've got a girl cuddled up to me, what's wrong? Why are you sad? - Kissing her neck, I asked.

- It's okay, I just stay at work...

- Why aren't you leaving? - I looked into her eyes, - how many times have I asked you to leave, you know that as I provide you no one will, not even your job. What more do you want?

- Oswald, I'm not quitting my job! I'm not a kept woman. We're seeing each other, I like you, but I can't do this...

- What do you mean?

- You're married and I'm in the background, I feel superfluous in your life.

- No, you don't! Stop it! - I got angry, - you know very well that you come first for me.

- You seem to have married your son, and I've accepted that, but you keep thinking of him and his family. Why not let it go and start living your life?

- I have one more thing to do, as soon as I get it done, I promise you that everything will go back to normal... - kissed her on the lips, I said and then I got a phone call.

- I'm sorry," I said and answered the phone. - Alfred my friend, what brings you here?

- Our kids are coming home and anyway, Isa decided to have a dinner party, so to speak, I thought why not meet them all together? Would you be free?

- Sure, that's a great idea. We will be.

- Well, I'll see you then. - As I dropped the call, I grinned involuntarily, I didn't even have to work, little Joanna was walking into my arms all by herself...

From the author:

Hello everyone, my goodies. What do you think of this chapter? What do you think of Henry and Stacey meeting? Will she find out about Joanna? And how will the evening go between the Wright family and Morris?

Write your opinion soon in the comments. ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

636K 18.1K 33
I've dreamed of the perfect marriage ever since I was a little girl: a marriage complete with a hardworking husband while I tended to the home and ou...
81.8K 2.1K 71
Annalise Dolan. Once I was girl with dreams and better hope for the future. But everything got snatched away from me by father and her lover. He tain...
329K 8.2K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
119K 3.7K 105
Rhea Rodriguez is the daughter of Romero Rodriguez, the don of the Spanish Mafia. In a twist of events, he is accused of theft by the Italian Mafia a...