Complications~Grey's Anatomy

Autorstwa wandamaxilover

Gisele Shepherd hadn't seen her big brother for a few years, so she decided it was time for a visit. During t... Więcej

IMPORTANT
Prologue
Brand New Beginning
First Day
Bad Blood
The Face of Change
Hard Bargain
This Is Why We Fight
Transplant Wasteland
Idle Hands
She's Killing Me
Sleeping Monster
Do You Believe in Magic
Readiness Is All
Perfect Storm
Seal Our Fate
I Want You With Me
Puttin' on the Ritz
I Bet It Stung
Map of You
Somebody That I Used to Know
Get Up, Stand Up
Take It Back
Change of Heart
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Fear (of the Unknown)
Puzzle With a Piece Missing
Got to Be Real
Bend and Break
Don't Let's Start
Could We Start Again, Please?
Risk
All I Could Do Was Cry
The Distance
When I Grow Up
How to Save a Life
She's Leaving Home: Part 1
She's Leaving Home: Part 2
You're My Home
Sledgehammer
Walking Tall
I Choose You
Old Time Rock and Roll
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
The Me Nobody Knows
Something Against You
A Good Friend of Mine
Home Sweet Home
The Sound of Silence: Part l
The Sound of Silence: Part II
The Sound of Silence: Part III
Swimming in Miami
Keep Me In Your Heart
Odd Man Out
I Am Not Waiting Anymore
When It Hurts So Bad
I Wear the Face
There's a Fine, Fine Line
It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding)
It's Alright, Ma (I'm only bleeding) II
Trigger Happy
You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
Show In a Mysterious Desert
Mama Tried
At Last
Family Affair
Family Affair II
Famiky Affair III
Babymoon
La Dolce Vita
Braxton Hicks
Stay With Me
She Can't Be Dead
Amelia's Arrival
Weed, Wine, and Sushi
Naming Advice
What Happened?
Out of Hospital
Packing Up
Emergency Landing
New York, New York
Detour
Diagnosis
Back in Seattle
SOS
Undo
News

Chirurgia and Yacht Parties

1.3K 55 2
Autorstwa wandamaxilover

6 weeks old

GISELE WASN'T EXPECTING HER MORNING TO TAKE SUCH A BAD TURN, she and Emmy had just gotten done eating breakfast before taking a stroll then head over to the hospital.

Last night before leaving, the doctor informed them the three babies were doing fine and were stable. Now, Gisele was being told all three of them needed surgery.

Three surgeons stood in front of them, each one explaining each condition of each baby, and their operation.

Emmy was constantly looking between Gisele and the doctors, they were speaking proper Italian and long medical words, she could only make out a few words.

By reading the look on Gisele's face, the news didn't seem too good.

Since Spanish and Italian were similar languages and one word really got her attention 'chirurgico'

Emmy frowned, "Wait, chirurgico sounds like cirugía. They need surgery."

Gigi nodded, "Yes, all three of them."

The doctors went back to explaining.

"Proprio ora?" Gisele asked.

The doctors nodded, "Sarebbe meglio."

Gisele sighed, "Okay."

They handed her some forms to sign. After signing, each baby was prepped for surgery.

"Why do they need surgery?"

Gisele let out a shaker breathe, "Kaia's left ventricle weakness has gotten worse and needs a pda ligation."

"What? I thought her heart was doing better."

"Guess not. Atlas failed her eye exam and has stage 3 rop disease on both eyes and needs laser surgery. Florence's brain bleed got worse and also needs surgery."

"Everything's okay. They're getting the surgery, they're going to be fine." Emmy assured her.

Gigi sighed out, "I'm tired of this."

"I know it's a lot but—"

"Let's go get daydrunk on a boat or something." Gisele said, heading for the door.

Emmy worriedly followed after her.

It had been seven weeks since Catherine was last in Seattle for the birth of her first grandchild. She hadn't seen Gisele then and hadn't heard from her either, she was starting to get concerned. So, now that she was back in Seattle again, she decided the first place to look for her goddaughter was her house.

The car pulled up in front of Gisele's house, Catherine thanked the driver and informed him she wouldn't be long. She got out the car and made her way up the driveway, and up the porch. She knocked on the door waiting for a response, after waiting a few moments there was none. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to look around, Catherine decided to get inside, she turned the door knob praying it's not locked.

The door creaked open and Catherine let out a cheer, "Bingo."

Stepping inside, she slipped off her coat and hung it on the coat rack, along with her bag. She peeked into the living finding it empty.

"Gisele!" She yelled, "You home?"

She searched room by room and there was no Gisele. The kitchen, all upstairs room, only place she hadn't looked was her attic room. So, she climbed up the stairs, reaching the top of the stairs out of breath.

Once she caught her breath, she went inside and was completely taken back by the disarray the attic was in. There was tarps and tools laid around everywhere. Exposed walls and pipes.

"What the hell?"

Since Gisele clearly wasn't there, she decided to head over to the hospital.

After arriving at the hospital, Catherine asked around if anyone had seen the would be heavily pregnant brunette, everyone answered no.

She'd even asked Bailey, Robbins, and Stephanie before they each entered the OR, each with the same answer, they hadn't. The next logical people to ask Gisele's sister and her friend.

Catherine went over to the nearby nurses station.

"Hello, would you happen to know where Dr. Shepherd is?"

The man went over to his computer and typed away in the keyboard for a moment before looking back at her again, "Dr. Shepherd is out for the rest of the day."

"What about Dr. Wilson?"

"She's out too."

Catherine huffed out, this girl was going to raise her blood pressure, "Thank you."

Catherine didn't feel like roaming around the city just to hunt them down, she decided to head over to Jackson house, to see if her son needed any help. But before she left, she quickly checked on April.

Arriving at her son's apartment, she knocked and actually waited for him to answer, wanting to respect is privacy or boundaries or something.

Soon, the door was cracked open.

"Hey mom." Jackson greeted and opened the door wider, letting his mom in.

Catherine reached up, kissed his cheek before kissing Harriet, "Hey baby. How are you doing?" She asked, walking inside.

"Uh, I'm good. A little sleep deprived but nothing I can't manage. What about you?"

They walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"I'm doing great m, how's she been sleeping?"

"She sleeps a few hours before she wakes and she needs complete quiet."

"That's good," she said, "Have you by chance heard from Gisele?"

He sighed out, annoyed, "Not necessarily, no."

She frowned, that made no sense, "What does that mean?"

He rubbed his baby's back, "She's called a few times but I'm way too busy with April and Harriet. We'll just end up fighting, I'm too tired to argue or fight with her."

"Wouldn't she be 33 weeks pregnant by now?"

"Uhh, yeah, around that."

"And you don't think maybe you should check up on her." Catherine scolded, "Tell me, when are triplets usually born?"

"Usually, they're born around 32 weeks."

"So she'd be a week overdue." He nodded, "That doesn't concern you?"

He sighed, "I'll call her back."

Catherine reached over and smacked the side of his head, "I brought you up better than this. Be a man and take responsibility for what you've done."

He frowned, rubbing the side of his head, "Ow, did you have to hit me."

She rolled her eyes, "Call her."

Emmy was starting to get seasick, she blamed it on her headache and the blazing sun did nothing to help. She sat back in her seat, sipping on her sparkling water. She glanced over and watched as her best friend heavily made out with some very handsome Italian man. Gisele sat on his lap.

An hour earlier, she had found Gisele in the yacht bathroom, getting extremely close with a woman.

A man sat next to her, "Stai bene?"

"Testa... uh... fa male."

"Ne vuoi un po' per la tua testa?"

Emmy merely blinked back at him, he was speaking way too fast for her for her Brian to translate into English, the ache in her head didn't help.

She shook her head, "No."

She felt vibrating in her back pocket, someone was calling her. Emmy pulled out the phone and saw Nina on the screen.

It was Gigi's phone and Catherine Avery was calling her.

"Scusami," she got to her feet and walked over to Gigi, and physically pulled her off the man, "Catherine's calling you."

Gisele immediately sobered up, she was most likely gonna get yelled at, "What? Why?"

"I don't know but I'm not answering." Emmy shoved the phone into Gigi's hand.

"Please."

"No."

"Please."

Emmy rolled her eyes, "Fine."

"Thank."

She accepted the call, "Hey, Ms. Avery."

"Who's this?"

"It's Emilia Lopez, I'm Gigi's friend."

"Where is she?"

"She's... in the shower. I can tell her you called."

"Please do."

"I will."

"Where exactly are you? Because I have been looking for her everywhere and I can't find her."

"Where are we?" She mouthed to Gisele.

"Say babymoon." Gisele whispered.

"We're on her babymoon." Emmy told Catherine. Then she quietly instructed Gisele to call out for her.

"Emmy!" Gisele yelled aloud, "I need your help!"

"Sorry, I have to go. That's Gigi." Emmy hurriedly said into the phone before hanging up.

"Thank you." Gisele hugged Emmy.

Emmy gently pushed her back, "We've leaving."

"We just got here."

"We've been here for two hours, my head hurts. Plus we have to get back to the hospital to see how the babies are doing."

Emmy firmly stated, leaving no room for arguments and forcibly led Gisele off the docked yacht. She managed to get a taxi and gave instructions best she could with her limited Italian. Gigi was a little too wasted to properly speak right now.

She pulled out her phone and dialed Amelia, "Hey, she's starting to spiral."

"What happened?"

"The babies had to go in for surgery about an hour ago."

"All three of them?"

"Yeah, Kaia's heart got worse. Florence's brain bleed got to state 3 and Atlas failed her eye exam so she's having laser surgery. We were just at a yacht party, she was drinking."

"Was it bad?"

"Not really, but she wanted to stay. Atlas is out of surgery most likely, cause laser surgery doesn't take long. Depending how it went, Flor should be out of it went good. I'm betting Kaia's surgery is still going. We're headed back to the hospital now. I just thought you'd want to be informed."

"I wasn't planning on coming this week. Should I?"

"You don't have to, no. I think she'll just get mad if we're fussing over her. I just won't let her find any parties and keep her away from hard alcohols, I guess."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I've got her."

"Thank you."

Emmy looked down at her best friend, who's head was laying in her lap, and stroked her hair back.

"Gigi," she gently shook her, "You feel good enough to go see the babies?"

Gisele hummed in response, "Yeah."

"Okay."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

48.1K 1.3K 87
Gisele Shepherd's life takes many many turns when she decided to stay in Seattle for her surgical internship
44.8K 762 31
Before she was Jo Wilson, she had a whole other life. After escaping an abusive relationship, she's made a beautiful life with Alex. They've been hap...
115K 3.3K 45
When Max moved to Seattle, Chloe was on her own. Until Rachel Amber came into her life. But can she rescue Chloe from being the wreck that she is?
27.2K 657 41
Escaping from her so called past life, Callie Torres decided to move to Seattle to somehow rebuild her life. Along the way, she meets people who soon...