60 Seconds

By MysteryHwang

To me, such memories are only 60 seconds long. He settle into my heart in less than a minute, only 60 seconds... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 24

154 11 5
By MysteryHwang

They all showed up at Tay's café as planned the following day. After his unsuccessful confession, it was extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable for New to come here, but he didn't want anyone to know what went on between them. But today's issue is not about them. It's about how Off lied that he was still dating Gun. New believed that Gun had dumped him, but he couldn't accept it because Off genuinely liked Gun. Although it is not his position to question him, he wants to ask him about it.

Earth and Mix are here as well.

New rolled his eyes after seeing how Mix clung to his boyfriend, Mix. They are sore in his eyes.

They first talked about the location. Since Namtan's parents own it, it is free, but they are responsible for all transportation costs and other expenses. Even though New is a little over budget for this because he doesn't have a job or parents he can ask for money from, he is still prepared to use his meager allowance for it. He needs a break after all.

"Now, let's confirm who will be joining us so I can tell our receptionist how many rooms we will reserve. Off, New, and Tay, as well as me and Arm. Is that it?" Namtan asked.

"Yeah, that's it, right?" Arm asked and looked at them one by one. Everyone seems fine, except for one person. "Tay, do you have something to say?" He asked again.

Tay scratches the back of his head and takes a glance at New before he speaks. "I would like to include someone..." He said, still hesitating.

"Oh god," New whispered. He already knew who he wanted Tay to include.

"Okay, was it Bella?" Arm asked. "So, are you two official?" He continued, teasing Tay.

Off took a glance at New, who looked annoyed. As much as Tay didn't want to look at New, he did. He doesn't know if it's good to answer Arm's question in front of him. Basically, everyone knows New likes Tay, aside from Arm. Mix cleared his throat.

"That means each one of us has a partner. That's really cute!" Mix said in his excited voice. Didn't even budge when New glared at him. "Only Off and New will be left without a lover. Why not be a lover instead?" Mix added.

Before Off and New could react, Tay slammed his hand on the table. "No, they can't—" but he stopped halfway when he realized what he did.

Mix raised his eyebrows. "Why not?"

Tay shrugged. "Well, Off has a lover. It would be disrespectful to Gun." 

Mix's shoulder dropped after hearing that sentence again and called Off's name, "Why do you keep lying?" He asked.

"What lies?" Arm asked, confused about what was happening around him.

Earth stopped his boyfriend before he spilled something, but New is still curious about it. Has something happened to them so that they are unable to claim a breakup?

Off smirked at New. "I would love to be paired with New."

And Mix died. Not really. He seems to be shipping the two.

"Hey, we don't tolerate cheating here," Arm said.

"Oho, looks like someone is getting mature here." Earth comments, trying to change the topic. "Namtan is a lucky girl." He added.

"We also don't tolerate lying here." Again, Mix brought back the topic.

Arm and Tay were confused, but everybody seemed to know what Mix was talking about based on their reaction. Off's attention is on New, wondering what his reaction will be if he tells the truth he's been hiding.

"What lying—seriously lightens me up," Arm said.

Tay raised his hand. "Me as well." He took a glance at Off, who was busy admiring New in front of him. "Why not explain yourself Off?"

Off sigh. He looks calm despite being at the center of attention. "I'm not ready. Aside from that, this is not about me, this is about our trip." He simply answered.

The two of them are tense, and they can sense it. They continue to exchange glares as if they had never been best friends. They aren't even sure if they still think of each other as best friends because things have changed, and they don't know each other, as well as they, used to.

They are, in a word, adults.

"Ooookay. Let's just go back to our previous topic." Arm grabbed his pen and paper. "We are eight in total. Me and Namtan, Earth and Mix, Tay and Bella, and Off and New. That's it."

"That's perfect! We can accommodate the largest house in the resort. It has four rooms inside." Namtan discussed. "New, do you want to have your own room—"

"No, it's fine. I can share with Off." New answered. He does want to have his room, of course, but he doesn't want to be a burden for them to move to another house just because of him.

"Then, we'll take the house. It's got a pool itself and is near to the beach."

After their gathering, Namtan asked New to go with her. They grabbed an ice cream near their university.

"What's with people just staring at me instead of saying what the fuck they want?" New said, letting his ice cream melt on his hands and refusing to eat it. While his other hand is in his pocket. It was kind of surprising that he wasn't eating it, despite that he loved dessert.

"So, it's Bella.." Namtan couldn't decide for herself if it was the right decision to mention this to New. He doesn't want his friend to explode again.

"Yes." New acted as if it didn't affect him at all. "She's my sister." He continued. He took a glance at Namtan, who didn't respond to him. She was frozen with her mouth open.

"WHAAT?!?" She yelled. New covered his ears as he rolled his eyes at her. If it was not her, she would be kissing the ground. "Is this a novel or something?! How the heck was it your sister?!" She reacted.

New smiled bitterly, "I can't do anything about it." He shrugged. It's kind of shocking, but to him, it doesn't surprise him at all. He knew for a long time that Tay liked Bella, but he never expected that Bella would return his feelings after a few years passed. To be exact, New was confident that Bella wouldn't like Tay back because he was just a kid. Little did he know, Tay wouldn't stay a kid.

"If only I knew, I wouldn't let an outsider come with us," Namtan said.

New chuckled. "That includes Mix and Earth, stupid. Besides, we have all already agreed. It would be suspicious if we suddenly decided not to let Bella come. Think about Tay's feelings."

"Woah, why do you sound mature now?" Namtan shivered as he looked at the young man beside him.

"Because I am!"

They both laugh. Namtan sighed, "What's your plan now?" She asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. I have no idea how to keep up with Tay and make Bella disappear." New answers

"What about finding something to do before the trip?"

"Yeah, like finding out Off's secret," New said.

"You mean about him dating Gun?" Namtan asked. New nodded in response. "Why not ask him?"

"Didn't you hear what he said? He's not ready."

Namtan pouts and nods. "Yeah, I remember. Maybe he's not ready to let go? He must really love Gun. I wonder why Gun broke up with a nice guy like Off?"

"He does not." Other voices came. "Huh, why didn't you invite me here? It's not like I didn't know all of your secrets."

"Mix," New addressed him. "Is your hobby annoying me?" He added.

Mix shook his head. "Noooo! Of course not! I really like you! I love your pale skin, your bad attitude, and your aesthetic."

"Well, I do not."

"Well, you don't have a choice."

"Stop, what do you mean, 'He does not'?" Namtan stopped the two and went straight to their topic a while ago.

"What's confusing about it? Gun didn't break up with Off, it's the other way around. "

"Why?" New asked, completely curious and interested in their topic.

"How would I know?" Namtan and New's shoulders dropped because of Mix's answer.

"You know what? Get out of here." New rolled his eyes, while Mix laughed his ass out.

"I'm just kidding! Well, it's just a hunch, but it probably makes sense." Mix said. "Off like someone else."

"A third party?" Namtan asked.

"No, it's not. From what I observed, Off liked someone before dating Gun, and based on our poor Gun, when he was drunk at my boyfriend's club, Off was supposed to confess, but he stopped him by introducing himself to that person. That bitch! Now, he's crying because he stopped what should happen."

"Did he mention when he was supposed to confess?" New asked as he threw the melted ice cream in his hand,

"Uhmm, let me think." Mix put his finger on his chin. "I think it's something festival or what."

Three of them decided to go to Earth's club to spend the day there. Mix even tried to introduce New to someone, but knowing him, he refused the hell out of him.

"That's rude. He's offering his hand, he's kind of looking nice. " Mix said.

"It's also rude to not take a no from someone." new said as he sipped his beer. 

"Should I find you someone who looks like Tay?"

"You are really asking for a slap, aren't you?"

Mix chuckled. "Fine. I guess you're fine being the third party."

"Fuck—" Before New could pull Mix's hair, he ran away from them. New sighed as he looked at him. "That bitch." He cursed.

"Chill. We are here to chill before you enter the match in our outing." Namtan said and winked.

What's with the people annoying him today? New asked himself. He kind of let it go, he wasn't in the mood to fight with someone. Like Namtan said, they are here to chill and relax his mind. Mix went back with his worried face. 

He bit his lip as he looked at New. "What's wrong?" He asked.

Mix sighed, "I should've told Earth we are here." He spoke

"What? Is this about the alcohol fee? We can pay." Namtan answered. Mix invited them, saying that the alcohol was on him, but still, Namtan grabbed some cash in case of an emergency like this.

"No, what do you think of me? A cheap bitch?" Mix said.

"Then why are you acting like that? Speak up!" New shouted.

"Earth arrived with Arm, Off, and Tay." He spoke. Namtan took a glance at New, but he didn't show any reaction.

New realized that they were waiting for his response. "So what? Let them be." He doesn't get the point of Mix acting like he committed murder or something.

"I guess, It's fine. Let them sit here!" Namtan looks excited, of course, Arm was also here.

"You don't understand!" Mix was about to cry, feeling bad about New.

"What the hell is your problem?" New raised his voice.

Again, Mix bit his lips and took a deep deep breath before he spoke. "Tay is with Bella."

New stopped midway through his drinking his beer. "He's with who?"

"I'm sorry, okay? What kind of world is this? Are we in a novel or something?" Mix frustrated pulled his hair.

"As I said," Namtan said and shrugged.

New tried not to show any reaction, calming himself down. He shouldn't let anyone see himself breaking down because of his sister. He needs to be fierce and make them see how strong and confident he is.

"Let them sit here," New said.

"A-Are you sure?" Mix asked, New nodded in response. "You promise not to create any mess."

New nodded, but in his mind, he couldn't promise to. Mix went to his boyfriend and told them to go to their area since they were on the huge couch, which was perfect for them. Bella was surprised to see her little brother sitting in front of him. She felt scared and clung to him with her arm. New grinned his teeth, seeing Bella's arm towards him.

Tay was also surprised. "You didn't tell me New will be here," Tay whispered to Earth.

"Why? Why are you acting like you're allergic to me?" New asked. He didn't actually hear what Tay said to Earth, but it's obvious what he would say to Earth after seeing him.

"I want to scratch that idea of yours, I'm not acting allergic—"

"Is there a problem with Earth not telling you I'm here?" Tay scratches his head and looks at Bella. "I guess, it's because of MY sister. You don't want her to feel uncomfortable. How sweet."

"Yes, I don't want her and you to feel uncomfortable."

"Should I feel touched about that?"

"We should sit first." Off he went, straight beside New. Like Off, they sat in their place. If there was no music, they would be equally silent because of Tay and New's argument. Off leans forward to the younger guy beside him while glaring at Tay. "Keep it cool, at least for Earth's club reputation."

"I'm not that kind of person."

"Prove it."

Tay wasn't a fan of what he was seeing in front of him. New and Off were too close to each other, and now he remembers what happened at the museum. Can he blame him if he assumes that the person he likes is Off when they act like this? Tay sighed as he looked at Bella.

"Are you okay?" Tay asked

Bella nodded. "Is this a good idea?" She asked back.

"Are you afraid of your own brother?" Bella smiled bitterly while playing with Tay's hand.

"I just don't want our fight to get worse. I've been working so hard to get his trust and heart again, I can't believe everything just fell like that."

"Don't worry, we will get there."

"Okay okay! Let's order a drink, shall we?" Mix clapped to get everyone's attention. They all agreed and he was also the one who volunteered to get their drinks.

The night went well, surprisingly. Bella is having fun while New is quietly enjoying himself. Until New decided to go to the toilet. Knowing himself, he wants to shout and embarrassed his sister in Infront of everyone. Exposing to her how she lied to him, just to keep Tay by herself but since Off is challenging him, he's on it.

He went out to see Bella in Infront of the restroom. He doesn't know if he's too paranoid that she even waiting for Tay to take a piss or what.

"I'm waiting for you."

"Me? Nuh." New refused but Bella grabbed his arm.

"I need to talk."

"Talk with somebody else!"

"You know I also have my limit, New." New raised his eyebrows and crossed his arm to his chest.

"Let us see that limit of yours then," New said without breaking his eyes on her.

"Tay chose me, it would be better if you stop being a brat and accept it. You can't force someone to like you."

"Tay chose no one and yes, I agree. You can't force me to like you, two-faced bitch. I don't know how you can keep up with your act, I'm impressed but please, if any ones here know the real you, it's me. So fucking drop it before I puke on your face."

Bella was left speechless for a second and took a deep breath. "Then be it." Bella steps forward and made a New step back. "Just to remind you, you are always the bad one. You are always the second, you can't beat it. So just go down while I'm telling you nicely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1.1K 23
Hello! I have been reading lot of UWMA fanfics and I wanted a story like being touchy touchy and with less problems between the couples and since I...
95.7K 3.6K 50
Tay is about to confess his feelings to New when all of a sudden New declares about him getting arranged married to someone. Tay is completely broken...
40.5K 2.3K 23
His soon-to-be wife ran away on their wedding day. Tay Tawan, who is a famous actor, never ever thought that he would spend his time alone at a remot...
62.4K 2.4K 22
(Completed) Tay and New were best friends until one of them confessed. (Disclaimer: English is not my first language so if you notice a mistake kindl...