Waiting For Us [MYGxOC]

Av oxMoonxChildxo

-"Engaged?" Yoongi laughed, not believing what Haru was telling him. -"What was I supposed to do Yoongi? Wai... Mer

Cover/Disclaimers
Yoongi & Haru's Playlist
Prologue
Chapter One: The Hydrangea Bandit
Chapter Two: First Day Jitters
Chapter Three: Madame Blanchet
Chapter Four: Gamjaguk
Chapter Five: Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, & The Cherub
Chapter Six: Just One Day
Chapter Seven: Electric Blue
Chapter Eight: Toni Braxton
Chapter Ten: Unbecoming
Chapter Eleven: The Break
Chapter Twelve: The Chop
Chapter Thirteen: Sour Belts & First Kisses
Chapter Fourteen: Seen
Chapter Fifteen: Deflecting
Chapter Sixteen: Good Riddance
Chapter Seventeen: Time Capsule
Chapter Eighteen: Its Complicated
Chapter Nineteen: The Emperor's Apology
Chapter Twenty: Peace Of Mind
Chapter Twenty One: Twisted
Chapter Twenty Two: Be Mine
Chapter Twenty Three : An Act Of Mercy
Chapter Twenty Four: Re-run
Chapter Twenty Five: A Bottle For Your Pain
Chapter Twenty Six : Go Big Or Go Home
Chapter Twenty Seven: Erase
Chapter Twenty Eight: Reality Check

Chapter Nine: This Magic Moment

1.1K 85 99
Av oxMoonxChildxo

Yoongis thoughts
Harus thoughts
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

What's the worst that can happen in two hours?

Yoongi believed that that question he asked himself completely jinxed the next two hours. For starters, an accident occurred in the area rendering them stationary for almost an hour. That meant that he and Haru were sitting in a car together with Mia's oversized car seat between them. Not only was the silence already vexing to him, but the fact that the car seat was pressing his hip into the door was irritating him.

Their driver, Do-Yun, was happily humming to a song on the radio, and Yoongi wondered how the man could be so annoyingly calm when the car was moving at the speed of a dying tortoise.

Yoongi gripped the headrest before him to pull himself away from the door. "Do-Yun Ssi. Is there any way we can drive around the accident?"

Do-Yun shook his head. "The cops are directing traffic. We must follow their instructions." His tone showed just how calm his personality was. Like he didn't mind sitting there for an unholy amount of time.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and leaned back with a grunt that humored Haru.

"You must not remember what it's like being a regular person." she chortled. "Sometimes," amusement crossed her features when she leaned forward to look at him."Our social status does not make us above the laws of traffic."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

Faux innocence didn't suit her, in his opinion. "Act like I'm some kind of a stuck-up jerk. Like I flaunt my money and status for superiority."

Haru raised a brow. "And you don't?" Last she remembered, he said he could call her company and have her fired.

"No, I don't."

She attempted to turn and face him in her tight seat. "Did you have the entire place we're going to close down today so you could go shopping?" He didn't need to answer her. Haru already knew he had.

Yoongi tried to find a good reason for what she had guessed correctly, much to his aggravation. "Well, that's because it's extremely difficult to shop with people following me around. I could get my mother a robe, and someone would snap a picture, implying I'd gotten it for my secret lover. This ensures privacy."

"So, is that not using your status for personal gain?"

"I mean, yes, but it's necessary."

"Is it? Or are you just too good to be around us common folk?"

She was being a wiseass. Yoongi wasn't a fan of her jokes being on his account. "I'm sitting here with you, aren't I?"

Haru's lips parted as she digested the words he had already regretted saying. But she brought out the absolute worst in him at times. It was like she had forgotten who he was. He had changed, yes, but not the way she was implying. He didn't believe he was stuck up or conceited, and he most definitely did not exploit his fame for personal gain.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

Haru put a hand up to silence him. "Leave it alone." She didn't want to argue with him in front of a four-year-old, and she also knew the things she had jokingly said did hold some weight. She had offended him first, and he was only defending himself. Still, it was a reminder of who they were today. It was unfair for her to hold him to the standards of the man she used to love. He wasn't Min Yoongi from Daegu anymore. He was Suga of BTS, and she was common folk.

"I'm hungry." Mia chimed in, oblivious to their exchange. "Can we get ice cream now?"

"Soon." Yoongi's tone softened when he answered her. Although Mia looked a little annoyed, she waited patiently for the most part. They sat in the pile-up a while longer, the silence heavy and tension thick in the back seat.

It was obvious they got along a lot better when they had buffers like Namjoon and his wife around. Apparently, their truce had a time of expiration because there were still too many feelings to unpack and classify.

Yoongi was thankful when they pulled up behind a women's department store and were able to exit the vehicle. As they were escorted into the quiet back entrance of the store and onto the sales floor by an overly excited older woman, Mia took hold of Haru's hand. It wasn't until the woman looked at the three of them like she would melt right on the spot that Haru realized Mia had taken Yoongis' hand, as well.

They looked nothing short of a family. The perfect picture of what could've been, making Haru's heart inundated with grief. By the look on Yoongi's face, she knew he felt it too. He stared down at Mia, his eyes slowly coming up to meet Haru's but quickly looking away, clearing his throat, and flicking his nose with his knuckle. Haru could never forget what that was. It was something he always did when trying to control his reactions or had to turn on a poker face.

"Do you happen to know what you are looking for?" The saleswoman asked Yoongi. He took that as the opportunity to step away from Mia and Haru. He gave his niece's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Walk around with Haru for a bit, yeah? I'm going to go pick something out with this nice lady."

"Okaaay," Mia dragged on dubiously. "But my tummy isn't happy about it. Please hurry."

Haru and Mia left him to it and walked around the boutique aimlessly. Checking out different sections of the store and settled far too long in the little girls' section. Long enough for Mia to see a rainbow-striped dress she wanted and run off to beg Yoongi for it before Haru could protest. He wasn't too far off, standing beside the woman who was toting his selections. Haru never thought she'd see the day he had someone following him around a store at his beck and call as he pointed at any item his heart desired.

Mia placed her hands together, pleading, and Yoongi was no match for those long lashes she batted. She came running back with a smile on her face. "He said yes!"

Haru rummaged through the rack until she found one that matched Mia's age range and measured it against her little body. "I think this one will fit you perfectly."

Mia's squeal as she took off running to her uncle again made Haru laugh. She held up the colorful dress, and he took it out of her hand while he spoke to the employee. He didn't even bother to check the price tag. He was so engrossed in the conversation that Mia could've added anything, and he wouldn't have even noticed. And so she did. A dress here, a hat there, socks, and scrunchies, until he realized what she was doing and made her put some of them back.

Haru and Mia continued past racks full of pastels and whites that Haru was sure Jean would love. She thought about grabbing a new outfit, maybe something that would finally pull a reaction out of him. One that would at least make him compliment her choice of a color scheme instead of criticizing it. The longer she rummaged through the rack, the more discouraged she grew, and the less she felt the need to impress him.

She sighed as she weaved through the racks. Each one was color and style coordinated. One held the pastel casual clothing she had contemplated buying, one had bright, flashy color-blocking outfits that were far too loud for Haru's liking. It was no surprise when Mia began to ooo and ahh at the items.

The rack that drew Haru in was one with clothes she would never in a million years wear again but that she loved, nonetheless. The main thing that caught her eye was a mannequin wearing a punk-style black leather jacket.

It was waist length, with a turned-down collar, zip-up cuffs, and silver snap epaulets on the shoulders. It was edgy and stylish. Something she wished she had the confidence to be again. Haru slid her hand down the jacket, loving the thick feel of the leather on her palm. She toyed with zippered pockets, noting how smoothly they ran up and down. What she loved the most, were the delicate chains draped down and wrapped along the upper left arm. She had one similar to this many moons ago. Of course, the leather was more of pleather, but it had been her favorite accessory.

"You like that one?" Yoongi's voice startled her and made her pull her hands away from the zippers. She moved to the side, trying to avoid his light breath on her neck and the way his cologne assaulted her in the best way.

"It's nice, but black isn't my color."

Yoongi reared back slightly with an amused expression. "What are you talking about? Black is your signature color."

"I mean, it was. When I was a kid." She turned back to the jacket. "I'm far too pale for it."

Yoongi noted her gloom as she ran her hands down the front again. It proved that the topic of her complexion wasn't something she initially believed. This had to be something someone had conditioned her to think. "Who told you that?"

"Nobody! I have eyes." Her forced, upbeat demeanor didn't convince him. He knew this woman inside and out. A thousand years could have passed and he would still know when she was lying.

"Well, if you're too pale for black, then what the hell does that make me? Transparent?" He gestured to his clothing. He wore black pants, a black t-shirt, and black sandals. The only color in his outfit came from a colorful beaded necklace with the word HOPE spelled out in the beads that Haru could bet was made by Mia.

Haru took in his appearance and shook her head. He didn't look pale, per se. Although he was maybe a bit lighter than she was, he wore it well. His skin was milky and smooth, reminding her of marble in all its glory, but she was different. She recalled wearing all black during her first meeting with Jean's very tanned mother and hearing her whisper to her husband that Haru looked like death warmed up.

After that incident, she allowed Jean to help her pick out clothes his mother would like on her. Yoongi had never cared much for what others thought of him. Once upon a time, she had been that way, but the idea that Jean too, may have walked away because she wasn't enough for him affected her confidence.

"I like this one better!" Mia cut in, holding a checkered lime green and white vest.

"Oh, that's lovely, Mia!" Haru exclaimed, grateful to the little one for her interruption.

Yoongi stood before the mannequin a while longer, staring at the leather jacket even when Mia and Haru had run off to another section. He pondered the possibility that Haru's drastic change hadn't necessarily been a choice of hers but a breakdown of her very identity. For the first time since reconnecting with her, he felt pity for the woman he now saw.

💜

They finally made it to what Yoongi said was Mia's favorite ice cream spot, Sundae Fundae. Mia and Taehyung had stumbled across it one day and never looked back. When they first brought Yoongi, he wasn't sure who was more excited. Mia sampled every flavor until she picked her favorite one, or Taehyung danced around to the outdated sounds of This Magic Moment while he ate his ice cream cone.

Once again, they pulled around the back of the parlor, and it brought Haru no surprise to see the inside barren of any patrons.

Mia busied herself hopping around on the tiled floor, only jumping onto the black squares because the white ones were "made of lava." Haru took in the old-time feel of the shop. It was like the 1950s had regurgitated in the place. The seats lined against the counter were in a mismatched pattern of bright pink and teal. The walls were painted the same pink, with outdated posters and neon signs hung up. The booths were teal and white, resembling the shiny upholstered seats of an old-school Cadillac. There was even a jukebox on the other side of the room playing upbeat music. There was no questioning why Mia liked this place. It was a little quaint and tacky but also vibrant and charming, just like Mia.

She pulled Haru along to jump with her. Instructing her, that they shouldn't step on any of the white or they'd surely burn. They began to pass Yoongi as he told his order to the teen dressed in all white behind the counter.

"Can I get a scoop of mint chocolate on a cone, another three scoops in a cup," Haru smiled at the idea of the three scoops she was sure Mia wouldn't finish. "And two scoops of cookies and cream on a cone with rainbow sprinkles?"

Harus' jumping ceased.

"You're burning!" Mia yelped. "You landed in the lava!" At Mia's exclamation, Yoongi turned, catching Haru eyeing him with a slack mouth.

He still remembers that?

"Shit, sorry." He turned back to the teen in the white paper hat. "Cancel the last one." Yoongi had wrongfully assumed that this Haru still ate like a seventeen-year-old.

Haru slowly shook her head, still in shock. "No, don't. That's still my order."

Yoongi wouldn't look at her. He only nodded and handed the boy his credit card. He wished he would've just asked her what she wanted instead of taking the reins, but it was almost like muscle memory, in a way. Having her around in a place like this reminded him of all the ice cream dates. Of that one damned cone they would share, with one scoop and sprinkles he despised so much but only got because she loved it. The future ice cream dates he had planned in his head back then looked nothing like the one today.

Haru was astonished that he even remembered after all these years. Jean couldn't even remember her ice cream order half the time, and they'd been married for almost a decade. She'd ask for cookies and cream; he'd bring back cookie dough.

The teen handed everyone their ice cream and the three sat at a table to eat. Haru wasn't sure why the very first taste of her cone made her want to both laugh and cry, but she could guess it had something to do with the man sitting across from her. He still refused to look at her. Instead, he focused on Mia and cleaned her whenever she made a mess out of her face. Haru understood that it was both awkward and nostalgic...for both of them.

Mia surprised Haru by actually sitting there and eating every last bite. Yoongi even had to stop her from licking the inside of the cup.

💜

Getting out of the car and into the parking garage felt freeing to Haru. Like she could finally take a breath she had been holding in all day. It had been a long one and she had spent far too long in the company of a man that still made her stomach flip with the sound of his voice.

Unfortunately, along with that feeling came a contradicting sense of longing. Haru idiotically longed to spend more time with the two people who made her feel less alone today. She had nothing waiting for her except an empty house and a lonely dinner. While she waited for the man she married to decide when to strut through the door. She couldn't think of the last time she and Jean had a bowl of ice cream together like she had done with them today. The thought of going home now sounded depressing and lonesome.

Haru twirled Mia's ponytail as she got ready to say her goodbyes. "Thank you so much for inviting me out for ice cream, Mia!" Yoongi kept his hands in his pockets and his eyes down, trying to distract himself by counting all the oil spills that had soaked into the concrete. Mia looked up at Haru. Her eyebrows drew in so tightly that Haru thought they'd morph into one. Haru found that when she made that face, she finally resembled her mother. "What's the matter?"

"You promised you would watch a movie with us. You promised."

"I-I did?" Haru didn't recall that.

"Yes! You did!" She guessed it didn't matter what she recalled because Mia had heard a completely different answer.

Yoongi could never explain what came over him or why he stuck his foot in his mouth the way he did. He did want to get away from Haru, as they had spent way more time together than he was comfortable with. But Mia was having a hard day, and he just wanted her to go to bed happy. "It's okay with me if-if it's okay with you. You know, for Mia."

It's just a movie.

"Oh," and Haru could never explain why she did what she did next, but maybe it was crippling loneliness that had come over her. "Okay. For Mia." She nodded.

"Yeah! For me!" Mia squeaked happily.

They made their way back into Namjoon's apartment. Right away, Yoongi ordered a pizza while Haru and Mia tried to put a fort together with every dining room chair and cushion available. While he was at it, he poured himself the largest glass of wine he could find and guzzled it in the kitchen before he could even fathom coming out into the living room.

All he could think about was a specific moment in the ice cream shop when he saw her happily eating her ice cream and playing with Mia. In that moment felt...full. It was like something inside him had been missing all these years and then suddenly it wasn't anymore.

Yoongi hated that. He hated that she had that power over him still.

"This is fine. It's okay." He whispered to himself as he poured another glass. "It's just a movie. You don't even have to look at her, Yoongi. You keep your eyes on that TV until those end credits come up and then she's out of your hair." He punctuated his cautious whispers with another guzzle of wine. He took a couple of deep breaths, put on his best smile for Mia, and head back into the living room.

He watched the girls laugh together as they tried and failed, again and again, to lay a blanket over the top of their makeshift chair walls. "You two are really bad at that." He chuckled.

Haru blew her long fringe out of her face and scowled at him. "You can do better?"

Yoongi shrugged. "Can't do much worse than that."

At that point, Mia was on the floor, wrapped in a blanket, watching Haru struggle, and seemed to have given up on the fort altogether.

He playfully shooed Haru out of the way with an air of arrogance.

Long and behold, five minutes later, he had erected a fort that Mia took no time crawling into. Haru crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at the man. "Show off." She mumbled before crawling in to join Mia. It wasn't a large space, but big enough for both of them to fit comfortably. Until Mia popped her head out and invited Yoongi in without letting Haru leave.

The two adults sat in an uncomfortable closeness, knees touching and hearts beating a mile a minute like a pair of teenagers, while Mia cuddled on Yoongi's lap to watch the movie. She had opted for a movie about talking animals that neither Yoongi nor Haru could concentrate on. Luckily, pizza came and allowed them a short break from the stuffy fort while one answered the door. They ate in the little cave with a surprisingly famished Mia, who ate three whole slices before cuddling with her uncle again.

Twenty minutes before the movie was over, her little snores filled the space between them and signaled that she had finally been worn down by all the sugar and grease of the day.

"I'll take her to bed," Yoongi whispered, collecting her tiny body in his arms. Haru smiled when she saw the way Mia wrapped her arms around her uncle's neck.

While he put her to bed, Haru began to clean up. She took down the fort, folded the blankets, and replaced the cushions on the couch. Then started to carry the chairs back to the dining room. A short time later, Yoongi came out and started to help her with the chairs.

He stood by the last chair, drumming his fingers where he gripped the backrest. "Uhm, thank you."

Haru pushed her chair in before answering. "For?"

"For sticking around for Mia. She really takes to you."

"It was nothing. She's a sweet kid."

Yoongi gave her a tight smile and bobbed his head up and down. Haru tried to smile back and head to the living room to collect the plates and cups they'd used during dinner. It was time to go as she knew she had overstayed her welcome and being alone in a room with Yoongi wasn't how she planned on ending her night. Surely they'd end up arguing.

He was already in the kitchen pouring himself a glass of red wine when she walked in to toss out the pizza box.

Yoongi's eyes bounced between his glass and Haru's back as she stuffed the box into the trash can. He figured he should ask to be polite but was sure she would say no because she was going to be driving home. "W-would you like a glass?"

Haru turned and eyed the glass on the counter.

Say no.
Say no.
Say no.

"Sure, a glass won't hurt."

Am I stupid?!
What is wrong with me?!

Although very surprised, Yoongi didn't hesitate to pour her a glass and hand it to her. The tips of his fingers grazed her own as he passed her the glass, causing his body to hum with electricity at the mere brush of skin. Did she feel it too?

He gestured with his glass over to the counter, where they both took a seat. Still putting enough distance to not feel as suffocated by each other as they had in Mia's fort.

Yoongi had had about enough of the tension and discomfort. They were adults and had agreed to get along. Why were they still struggling so much? "Listen, I know today was a little weird, but thank you for being such a good sport for Mia. I'm sure I was the last person you wanted to spend the entire day with."

Haru shook her head. "No, I had a nice time. Mia's a hoot." They shared a small smile. "And I am sorry about the common folk comment. It's just a little weird, you know. Seeing you live like," she gestured around Namjoon's grandiose apartment. "This. I always knew you'd be something great, Yoongi. I just wasn't prepared to witness it, I suppose."

"I understand, but if I ever gave you the impression that I'm some stuck-up rich guy from Seoul, it was never my intention. I pride myself on keeping humble. We all do, but I guess this lifestyle does come with perks that are hard to pass up." Did he ever imagine holding this high of status in the world? Absolutely not. Not ever. Teenage Yoongi dreamed of making music, but he never fathomed sold-out tours around the world, speaking on behalf of his entire country, or even holding enough weight to attend the white house. That was his life now though, and although it was more than he ever dreamed of, it was the life he had worked so hard for.

"And I'm sorry about ordering for you earlier. I don't know why I did that." He blurted out all of a sudden.

Haru laughed. "It's okay! I was more shocked that you even remembered."

"Of course, I remembered. Even when I moved to Seoul, on the rare occasion we were allowed sweets or I had extra chump change; I would always order it for myself."

"What? Why would you do that? You hated sprinkles." She vividly recalled him making her lick all the sprinkles off before he even considered taking a bite.

"Yeah, but it helped me on the days I really missed...home."

On the days I really missed you.

He almost said something he would regret but was luckily interrupted by the ringing of his phone. "It's Joon." Haru sat up, awaiting news on their labor as Yoongi answered. "Hey! Is he here?"

"Yeah! He's good! He's healthy! Eight pounds! Can you believe that?! He's huge!"

Yoongi smiled so big Haru swore the apples of his cheeks would burst.

"How's Leila?" Haru whispered so Yoongi could relay the message.

"She's good too. You had to see her. She was so brave. And I almost passed out, but I didn't!"

"What'd you name him?"

"Yeong-Jae, but his American name is Uri."

"It's Uriah!" Leila yelled from somewhere in the back, making Namjoon roll his eyes.

"But we'll call him Uri," Namjoon whispered with an eye roll of his own.

"Can we see him?"

"We? Whose we?" Namjoon asked. Yoongi turned the phone to Haru, who waved enthusiastically. "Hello?" Namjoon answered skeptically. "So you two have just been hanging out all day orrrr?"

Yoongi blushed a bright red, but the poker face never fell. "We've been trying to keep your daughter from putting herself up for adoption, actually. She thinks you're going to forget to feed her for Uri."

"Uriah!" Leila yelled from the background again.

"Okay, whatever, can we see the baby!?" Yoongi was growing anxious. Although this wasn't his child, he felt just as excited to see him.

Namjoon turned the camera around to a baby in a plastic bassinet. He was wrapped up in a hospital blanket like the cutest burrito Yoongi had ever seen. His face was very swollen, but he already resembled Namjoon so much. There was even dark hair poking out from his pink and blue striped hat. His little fist was near his mouth, sucking away on his hand like a pacifier. Yoongi's heart swelled with pride as he looked at his nephew, small and fragile, but if he was anything like Mia, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

"He's beautiful." Haru swooned as she peeked into the phone lovingly.

"He is." Yoongi agreed proudly.

They said their goodbyes to the new parents as Uri was about to feed and the silence swallowed them up again.

"So," Yoongi tried to find something to say. "How'd you end up as Leila's tutor?

"Oh, Uhm, my husband had some connections that were able to land me an interview with the company. It was just a coincidence that my first student happened to be Leila."

Yoongi raised his brows. "Wow, he must have some pretty good connections."

Not as good as mine, though.

He wished he wasn't jealous of Haru's husband, but it seemed like that would be a never-ending dilemma.

Haru only shrugged as she sipped her wine. "I suppose."

"How long have you been married now?"

Why would you ask that, you masochist!? Why do you want to keep talking about her husband?!

"Oh...Uhm," Haru took another sip, letting the bitter taste coat her tongue and give her liquid courage. "Almost eight years."

He already knew that infuriating fact, but feigned surprise, anyway. "Wow, time flies."

"Hm. What about you?" She countered, wanting to take the pressure off herself because if he outright asked her if she was happy, she wasn't sure she could lie to him.

"No, I'm not married."

Haru rolled her eyes and tittered. "Well, I know that."

Yoongi placed his glass down, slowly turning the foot of it. His lips turned down to show indifference. "I don't have time to date. I mean," He shrugged. "Hobi sometimes tries to hook me up with his friends but none of them ever stick." Like the blonde texting him every single day for a second date that he would never agree to.

Haru didn't like the way that made her feel. Especially, since it was selfish of her to enjoy the idea of him being single when she was supposed to be happily married. "It sounds like he just wants you to be happy."

"Nah, I just think that since Namjoon and Leila got married, some of us feel the need to play catch up. Namjoon, having the life we were all denied so many times makes them hopeful."

The life he was denied from the very beginning.

"Are you not hopeful?" She inquired.

"For a wife and kids?" He asked and Haru nodded, even though the idea sent a pang of hurt through her chest. "No." His flat-out answer surprised her. He sounded so sure like he had already made peace with the idea. He chuckled when he saw her expression. "It's okay. I only saw that happening once in my lifetime, and she married someone else." He laughed nervously as he scratched the back of his ear.

"Well," she looked down at her drink as guilt from his comment ate away at her. She might have married Jean instead but it's not like Yoongi would've been fulfilled, in any sense of the word, with her. "You dodged a bullet if you ask me. You would've gotten a wife and a mediocre life, but that's about it."

Her words made him think she believed her life was actually inferior. Had her husband's view on family not aligned with her own? "Why do you say that? Do you not want kids anymore?"

"It's not that." She downed the entire glass before looking over at him. "I just can't have them."

Yoongi remained quiet, shocked, a little confused by her words. "What do you mean you can't have them?"

"I can't have kids. So consider yourself lucky because with me you probably wouldn't have had a career or kids of your own, for that matter." Haru didn't know why she decided to tell him that. But if he, for a single second, thought that it was a life she could have given him, then he had to know the truth. Whether they had stayed together or not, her barrenness would have posed a whole other set of problems for them.

He didn't think he could feel any more sorry for her, but he did. Haru loved children. She was so wonderful with Mia. He remembered she would always look at babies so fondly. She had picked out the names of their imaginary children. She had even contemplated being a stay-at-home mother when their time came, just so she could spend more time with her children. Although they were young when they had those conversations, he knew it was her dream. To know it had never even been a possibility for her broke his heart.

It still wouldn't have made a difference to him. They could have figured something out and if they couldn't then atleast they would've had eachother. "I wouldn't have cared."

"Yeah, right." She found it humorous that the man who put his dreams before theirs could say that he wouldn't have cared. In the end, he would've resented her, just like her husband did. "Jean said that once, too."

Yoongi was unsure of how to maneuver the conversation. They had started civilly, but now she sounded like his enemy again. Had his comment about her marrying someone else rubbed her the wrong way? It was a joke. He hadn't meant to offend her. He watched her get up and straighten her clothes out.

"Thank you for dinner." She forced herself to grin. "I had a nice time."

"Yeah, no problem, and don't worry about having to come tomorrow morning. I can get her ready for school." He reassured in a final attempt at salvaging the night.

"Are you sure? I don't mind."

"I'm sure."

Haru nodded and slipped on her coat and shoes. "Goodnight." She waved as she head to the front door but was stopped by his voice.

"Haru," the words that followed struck her like a bullet and made her eyes well over with tears she wouldn't allow herself to release until she was in the confines of her car. "A life with you would have never been mediocre."

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

A/N : Okay so a couple things.

1. I'm editing while I die form my bed. Thankfully not that pesky little covid bitch again. So excuse me if something doesn't make sense, it's the meds.

2. If you're wondering why Namjoon is so pressed about the name Uri. First things first, thank you fluffy_dandruff for naming these kids. I was drawing a blank.

For those of you that didn't read Leila and Namjoons story she named their daughter Mia for a specific reason and it translates to "Mine." in Spanish.
Uri short for Uriah stands for "Our/Ours" in Korean.
Again thank you Greg for picking a name that fits Mias so perfectly! 😭

And finally 3. DAMN!! DAMN DAMN DAMNNNNN!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

7.2K 409 57
Meet Kim Sunoo. A young boy in the BigHit Family in South Korea. "Hi, I'm Kim Sunwoo, Sunoo for short, Korean, 18, from the BigHit family" He always...
1.3M 52.4K 42
❞𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚... 𝙞 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.❞
22.2K 907 16
Mono escaped. He and Six made it to the Maw, but were separated rather early on. Mono made it down deeper into the Maw hiding away in the shadows, bu...
1.8K 234 22
"No one messes with what's mine." A man like the Grinch on Christmas, Min Yoongi's wishes on a Wishing Fountain backfires when he's transported a fe...