The Fool

By spiralings

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTr... More

Introduction & Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Eight

809 41 18
By spiralings

Levi asked Synn to take Aurora to the cinema or something the following night while they did their business. He chose not to take her to the cinema however, and instead opted for their familiar spot that they hadn't visited in a while. He played innocent to Aurora, however, and made out that he was sneaking her out to come here as they hadn't come in so long. So now they sat on the bridge that they first met on, both facing the stream with legs dangling over the side of the bridge itself.

"Alot has changed since the first night we met here" Aurora said suddenly. Synn remained quiet, thinking about her words and how true they were. So much has changed. He and Aurora were, dare he say, friends. He didn't suffer as bad with his anger and anxiety, and he was not wearing his hood. Not wearing his hood was still foreign to him. He felt constantly on edge and hated having to wear the make up, but he thinks because he's doing it for Aurora, it makes it easier. She was the first person to see him without his hood in years, and now she's nearly always with him when he doesn't have it on. It's not something he ever thoughts he would do, but realistically he knew he couldn't wear his hood forever. Realistically he knows he can't cover it all with makeup either but that would be a problem for another day.

"I mean, for starters I have gotten so much hotter, which I didn't even think was possible" Aurora blabbered. Synn turned to give her a flat look to which she started giggling at.

"I like that I can see your facial expressions. You're so cuteeee" Aurora said with aggressive cuteness as she reached over and pinched Synns cheeks. Synn scowled and grabbed her hands, pulling them away from his face. "I've never seen you smile though. Smile for me Sunshine!" She cheered, reaching to turn his frown upside down but Synn grabbed her hands again.

"Please Sunshine, I promise I'll nev- oh my goodness! It's starting to rain" Aurora interrupted herself when she felt cold droplets hit her skin. The two of them looked up at the sky and surely enough, it was starting to rain. Synn looked back down to see Aurora gazing up in awe. He began to stand up, pulling her with him.

"Cmon, we better head before it gets heavy" Synn said. Aurora turned to look at him and her smile dropped.

"No Sunshine, it gets fun once it gets heavy" She complained as he began to drag her along with him while she looked up at him with a pout.

"Aurora, I'm not gonna be responsible for getting you sick" Synn said, growing annoyed at her stubbornness and trying to look away from the expression that would make him weak at the knees.

"Dance with me Sunshine. It can be part of the great plot of my book and you can use it as inspiration for your essay!" She tried to convince him, swinging their arms as they walked and the rain began to beat down on them heavier. Eventually she ran ahead of Synn, twirling with her arms wide open. She laughed whole heartedly as she attempted to catch the raindrops on her tounge, when really she just seemed insane. But Synn stopped for a moment to look at her. Her wild curls were falling limp down her back with the water and the large green hoodie she had on was turning darker as she continued to dance. She looked so effortlessly happy. Synn felt a smile tug at his lips, but it didnt show. He realsied that seeing her happy made him happy.

While she was still looking up, he approached her quickly and scooped her into his arms bridal style and spun her around. Aurora squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck as she threw her head back laughing. She looked up at Synn to see him already staring down at her with a content look on his face, one directed towards her which definitely was a rare sight.

"You wanna smile" She teased gently, in fear it would make him glare instead. Synn set her back on her feet so that her back was against his chest. He bent down to her ear, moving her wet hair behind her shoulder.

"Only because of how insane you looked" He whispered, squeezing her waist gently. Aurora giggled quietly. She liked how he didn't get all serious and continued to slag her despite their current position. At least that was something that hadn't changed. "Lets get you home" He said eventually, standing up straight and pushing Aurora along gently as they made their way back home.

~*~

The King brothers weren't home yet. Levi had told Synn of what they were doing so Synn began to wonder had something gone wrong, until he received a message from Alaric saying that they mightn't make it home tonight. No further explanation, and Synn didn't ask. He stood in the kitchen in plaid pyjama bottoms and one of his usual black hoodie, the hood pulled up slightly but not enough to cover his face. After he came home, he had to put more makeup on because apparently rain causes the thing to smudge and make him look like he was attacked. He was standing over the kitchen counter finishing off stirring the tea that Alfred helped him make while he was down getting his usual cup before bed. He bid Synn goodnight while he continued the stirring Alfred started so Synn could take the credit for it.

"You look good in the kitchen Sunshine" Auroras voice interrupted his stirring. Aurora made her way towards him in yellow cotton shorts and a white cropped tank top. She hopped up onto the island behind Synn with a cheeky smile. Synn stared at her for a moment, before turning around and grabbing the two mugs. He came to stand in front of her, handing her one of the mugs to which she gratefully took.

"Did you make this all by yourself?" She asked in excitement. Synn didn't say anything, just watched as she took a sip from it. She pulled away and looked at him with a proud smile. "I'll make a wife out of you yet" She winked, very impressed with his cup of tea. Synn rolled his eyes and took his own sip. As they drank their tea in a peaceful silence, Synn noticed Aurora shivering ever so slightly.

"You're cold" He stated bluntly, eyeing the amount of bare skin she was showing. Well no wonder she was cold. "Why didn't you wear something warmer?" He asked, slightly annoyed by her carelessness.

"Because I was warm when I got out of the shower. The water was so hot my skin was red! If I put something warm on straight away, I would've pass out" She explained honestly. Synn stayed silent for a moment. He watched her carefully but when he seen her shiver again he clicked his tounge in annoyance and set down his mug. He pulled his hoodie over his head. Aurora's jaw slacked as she seen the tones set of abs he was hiding under there. Her eyes quickly darted over his torso and shoulders in awe, though not ignoring all the scars that were scattered across it too. Her admiring was short lived however as Synn pulled the hoodie down over her head. She welcomed his familiar scent of burnt out matches and rain, feeling her cheeks warm as it engulfed her.

He took her mug from her hands and practically forced her arms through the arm holes. Once he had it on, he nodded in satisfaction as he looked down at the black blob beneath him. It practically swallowed her. Aurora looked up at him, well tried, but the hood was too big that she was just staring at darkness. She tried to move it but they sleeves were too long that she couldn't get her hands out. She began giggling to herself quietly. Synn seen her struggles and found it highly amusing. He reached up and pulled the hood down, moving her hair back from her face to see her gazing up at him with the same look she had earlier as she looked at the night sky. It made his heart do that funny thing again. It quickened its pace and he suddenly felt short of breath.

"You make my heart feel funny" She confessed quietly. It was true. She didn't know how else to describe it. He did weird things to her heart when he behaved like that and when he looked at her with those mesmerising green eyes.

"You make my heart feel funny too" Synn confessed also. Auroras eyes shone in slight disbelief for a moment, but he noticed it. She didn't expect him to respond with something like that. Synn couldn't help himself however. He didn't think before speaking.

"A good kind of funny though" Aurora continued, staring at him intensely. Synn leaned forward on his palms either side of Aurora on the counter.

"Not a bad kind of funny?" He hummed, looking down at her as he heard her breath hitch.

"No, only a bad kind of funny when you try to ignore me" Aurora answered innocently, trying to hide her uneven breaths but Synn could feel them against his bare chest. Synn quirked an eyebrow at her. He liked seeing her this way. Usually he was the one a blushing mess, and although he could feel his cheeks all rosed up, seeing her blushing like crazy made him ignore it. He reached up with both his hands. He stood in between her open legs as he gently held her face in his hands, the pads of his thumbs brushing over the apples of her red cheeks. He was nearly weak in the knees as she stared up at him with her wide enchanting eyes.

"What kind of funny is it now?" Synn asked in a whisper. Aurora licked her lips that had suddenly become very dry. This caused Synns eyes to dart down towards them to watch the action.

"The 'I really want you to kiss me' kind of funny" Aurora blurted softly in the same tone. Synns lips quirked up slightly at her response, but he didn't waste a second thought.

He lifted her face up ever so slightly with his two hands and bent down, pressing his lips to hers. Suddenly neither of their hearts felt funny anymore. Instead, that funny feeling was replaced with a warmth neither had felt before. A warmth that caused their hearts to swell with an unknown feeling as their lips continued to move in sync, naturally and effortlessly. One of Synns hands left Auroras face to move down to her waist, pulling her in closer causing her back to arch forward. Auroras hands had a mind of their own as they trailed up to hang over his shoulders and pull at the hair on the back of his head.

Aurora felt like one of those girls in the books she reads. She was overwhelmed with a strange feeling, in the arms of the guy that she has had a growing crush on for a while, always dismissing it thinking that's all it was, a little crush, as she was completely oblivious to Synns very own growing crush.

He hid it. He hid it from her and he hid it from himself. In this moment, he felt like he melted completely as a result of a mere kiss. There was a nagging voice in the back of his head, warning him about this, but the way her lips moved with his sounded that voice out.

Eventually, Synn pulled away slightly so they could both catch their breath. He pressed his forehead against hers looking down into the mesmerising eyes as they both panted, a loss of oxygen as their hearts beated wildly in their chests.

"If that wasn't inspirational enough, then I don't know what was" Aurora spoke quietly, a cheeky grin spreading across her face. Synn closed his eyes and let out a breathy chuckle. He grabbed the hood and pulled it over her head, causing her to giggle. She pulled the hood back just enough so she could crane her neck up to look at him. He couldn't help himself as he cupped her face gently again. He was smiling down at her, ever so slightly, but it made her weak in the knees. She could see a faint dimple poking at his left cheek. She was going to die. She reached up and cupped his face just like he was doing to her.

"You look so pretty when you smile" She said, a dazed smile on her face as she stared at his lips. Synn shook his head, hating the attention that was now on him. He bit his lip to stop himself from smiling.

"You're so infuriating" He muttered.

"Maybe, but ya still kissed me" Aurora replied, sticking her tounge out.

"I didn't kiss you, you kissed me" Synn shot back. He knew he kissed her, but he couldn't let it get to her head, and he knew it most certainly would. Her jaw dropped, along with her hands.

"I did not" She gasped dramatically.

"I'd never kiss you first, you're too infuriating" Synn said, keeping his face neutral.

"Well I'd never kiss you- actually no. I definitely would. I've wanted to kiss you even since you choked me that night on the bridge" She blabbered honestly, looking up at him with wide sincere eyes. Synns neutral expression dropped and his jaw slacked a little in surprise. He looked at her for a moment, seeing if she were joking, but she wasn't.

"Why didn't you?" He blurted.

"Because you would have punched me" Aurora said as if it were obvious. Synn thought about it for a moment. At first he was gonna deny it but then thought back to how much she used to annoy him and realised he most certainly would have punched her. Well... maybe not punched, but definitely would have shoved her off him. Don't get him wrong, she still does annoy him, but it has grown on him considerably.

"Aurora, you-"

"-are so infuriating, I know" Aurora interrupted with an exaggerated eye roll. Synn smirked as he looked down at her exasperated expression.

"Actually I was gonna say you look cute in my hoodie, but that works too"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1.3K 24
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...
9.2K 340 20
Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at anyone who walks too close. Seeing him si...
7.2K 68 22
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. [18+]~ _________________________________________ "Aaaaah-mph...
1.2K 40 17
**Notice before reading** This is not a cheating trope , you'll get to know after reading 2nd chapter. 🖤🖤🖤 Adain is a man in his e...