The Forgotten (Arifureta x or...

By Nardarion18

Learn the story of one of Hajime Nagumo's classmates, who was forgotten about by all of his classmates. Namel... More

Poll (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: The Accident
Chapter 3: Fight for Life
Chapter 4: Source of Salvation
Chapter 5: Descent
Chapter 6: Battle with Serpents
Chapter 7: Prize
Chapter 8: Forgotten
Chapter 9: The Lake Town of Ur
Chapter 10: Urdea Lake
Chapter 11: Special Request
Chapter 12: Helping the Elderly
Chapter 13: Goblin Horde
Chapter 14: Cursed Job
Chapter 15: Return to Horaud
Chapter 16: Mountain Adventure
Chapter 17: Treasure Hunt
Chapter 18: Deeps of Nallism Ruins
Chapter 19: Treasure of Nallism
Chapter 20: Cashing In
Chapter 21: Dr. Darntho's Request
Chapter 22: Traveling Band of Doctors
Chapter 23: Attack of the Birds
Chapter 24: Lost in the Cold
Chapter 25: Hall of the Frozen Dead
Chapter 26: Frozen Room
Chapter 27: Ice Maze
Chapter 28: Hall of Voices
Chapter 29: Overcoming Oneself
Chapter 30: Enhancement
Chapter 31: The Aftermath
Chapter 32: Request of the Refugees
Chapter 33: The Ruins of Rhode Town
Chapter 34: Wind and Thunder
Chapter 35: Tomb of Pope Elbard
Chapter 36: Return to Ur
Chapter 37: Town of Solomon
Chapter 38: Elder of Solomon
Chapter 39: Tracking Prey
Chapter 40: The End of the Storm
Chapter 41: Emergency Request
Chapter 42: The Front Lines
Chapter 43: Tale of Benjamin Ankaji
Chapter 44: Ambush
Chapter 45: Anthorth Passage
Chapter 46: Return of Douglas
Chapter 47: Tomb of Benjamin Ankaji
Chapter 48: Day of Rest
Chapter 49: Road of Healing
Chapter 50: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 51: The Surviving Adventurer
Chapter 52: The Black Dragon
Chapter 53: Preparing for the Assault
Chapter 54: Defense of Ur
Chapter 55: The Tale of Yukitoshi Shimizu
Chapter 56: Night of Questions
Chapter 57: A Grand Thank You
Chapter 58: Escorting to Horaud
Chapter 59: Emergency
Chapter 60: Saving Classmates
Chapter 61: Consequences
Chapter 62: Night in Horaud
Chapter 63: Reisen Gorge
Chapter 65: Miledi's Golem
Chapter 66: Miledi Reisen
Chapter 67: Reunion
Chapter 68: Sea of Trees
Chapter 69: Luna's Family
Chapter 70: The Kirin
Chapter 71: Mana Overload
Chapter 72: Meeting up in Erisen
Chapter 73: To the Sunken Ruins
Chapter 74: Underwater Adventure
Chapter 75: Memories from the Bottom of the Sea
Chapter 76: Insecurities
Chapter 77: Corrupt Illusion
Chapter 78: The Devourer
Chapter 79: Tiamat
Chapter 80: The Door
Chapter 81: Rebirth
Chapter 82: Back to Erisen
Chapter 83: Departure from Erisen
Chapter 84: To the Rescue
Chapter 85: Invasion of the Capital
Chapter 86: Reunion with Kouki
Chapter 87: Divine Mountain
Chapter 88: Inside the Cathedral
Chapter 89: Web of Lies
Chapter 90: Ehit's Apostle
Chapter 91: Rescue
Chapter 92: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 93: To Japan
Author Note

Chapter 64: Great Reisen Labyrinth

476 18 0
By Nardarion18

Zane, Luna, as well as several of Zane's monsters make their way into the cave that one of the now dead demons claimed held the entrance to the labyrinth. It does not take Zane very long to locate a sign that signals the entrance of the labyrinth. When he sees this Zane says to Luna, "Alright we are going to head in. Be careful as these places can be pretty dangerous."

At this point a female voice says in a cutesy way, "Welcome to my labyrinth. I am the great Miledi Reisen. I hope that you will have a good time playing in my labyrinth. I know that you are going to have a super duper fun time here."

"What was that voice just now?" Luna asks.

"Just ignore it. Stay focused, or you could die," Zane replies.

"Have you been in one of the Great Labyrinths before?" Luna asks.

Zane replies, "Yeah. This is the third one for me. I managed to clear the other two, but neither had what I am looking for."

"What are you looking for?" Luna asks.

"Something to help me get even stronger," Zane replies. Then before Luna has the chance to ask any other questions, Zane starts looking for the entrance to the Great Reisen Labyrinth. Luna follows right behind him. The entire group keeps looking for how to get into the labyrinth. Eventually, Luna finds a revolving door. One Luna has found this, the entire group goes inside, with Luna going first.

Once inside of the labyrinth, Luna runs a few steps ahead of the rest of the group. She says, "So this is what it looks like in a Great Labyrinth. My dad told me a little about them, but I never thought I would see the inside of one for myself."

"Just be careful," Zane says.

Moments after Zane has said this, he hears a clicking sound. Thinking that Luna just sprung a trap, he dashes forward and grabs at her to pull her back. He ends up grabbing her by the tail and pulling her back right as a ton of spikes shoot out of a wall. Several of them fly right past Luna's face.

Miledi's voice then states, "Oh, looks like you dodged that trap. I bet that scared you really badly though. Do try not to wet yourself like that last group that came in."

After this incident Zane says, "I told you to be careful. You activated a trap."

Luna does not respond at first when Zane says this. This makes him wonder if she is alright. He looks down at her to see if she is alright. She has a stunned look on her face. This prompts Zane to ask, "Are you alright?"

"I cannot believe you just grabbed my tail!" Luna shouts.

Zane says, "It was the first thing that I could reach. Sorry if I hurt you."

Luna states, "It is incredibly rude to touch the tail of a wolfman like that. The only people that are supposed to touch it are close relatives and lovers."

"I said I was sorry. I think that me doing that was still better than letting you get skewered by those spikes," Zane comments.

Luna sighs and says, "I guess it is fine. I understand why you did it. Just please don't do it again."

"Alright I won't," Zane says. Once Zane has said this, he then states, "We need to come up with a way to avoid traps. I am sure that they are all over in this labyrinth."

At this point, Zane's imperial bat states in Zane's mind, "I can handle that. All of the traps are going to have to be non-magic based. That means there will be some mechanism that activates them. I can use echolocation to spot it and guide you through."

Zane replies, "Alright do that. That will make it so we won't spring any traps."

With this now decided, the imperial bat flies ahead of the group. It then directs Zane on where to step to avoid setting off the same trap that Luna just activated. Zane sees this and says to Luna, "Follow exactly where I step."

At this point, Zane moves forward. He goes exactly where the imperial bat tells him to step. Luna follows right behind Zane. The minotaur follows right after Luna. It follows the exact same steps that Luna takes to avoid any of the traps. The phoenix just simply flies over the traps, since they pose no real threat to it. The mythril golem is too big to avoid the traps, so it simply crawls right over them. This causes spikes to shoot out of the walls and hit the golem. They do no damage to it.

The group proceeds this way through the labyrinth. The bat leads the way, while Zane follows. Luna and the minotaur then come right after him. The golem then brings up the rear. It sets off each of the traps that are in the labyrinth, as it cannot avoid them. As a result it falls in pit traps, is hit by numerous spikes, it is hit by a swinging ax, saw blades, a swinging hammer, rolling boulders, and many other things. All of these traps do essentially no damage to the mythril golem.

During this time, the voice of Miledi continues to talk to them. The voice congratulates them in an insincere voice when they manage to pass a trap. It also complains about them cheating somehow since they are avoiding so many of the traps. Overall, Zane just tries to ignore her as he is trying to listen to his bat's instructions.

At one point the group comes to a large crevice that they cannot simply jump across. Miledi's voice says, "Good look getting by this one. Unless you can fly, I bet you won't be able to."

Zane says to Luna, "Alright, my phoenix will shepard us across. Don't worry it won't drop you."

At this point, Zane's phoenix takes Zane, Luna, and the minotaur across the crevice that they have come to, one at a time. The imperial bat just flies over, so that means that only the mythril golem is now the only one on the wrong side. Zane is not sure if the phoenix is going to be able to carry the golem, which worries him.

Before Zane even has the chance to ask the phoenix it says, "I will go and get the golem now. Step clear of the opening as it is going to take up all the space."

The phoenix then flies over and manages to pick up the golem. It then carries the golem across the crevice. Zane can tell that it is having a hard time doing this. However, the phoenix does manage to bring the golem all the way across the crevice which is surprising to Zane. The group goes back to wandering the labyrinth at this point.

After the group has been wandering in the labyrinth for hours, Zane says aloud, "It is odd that we have not come across any monsters so far. I would have thought there would be a lot of them here."

"Did the other labyrinths have a ton of monsters?" Luna asks.

Zane replies, "The volcano had quite a few. However, they were rather spread out until the very end. The frost caverns had a lot of monsters in them. A large part of the trial was just surviving waves of monsters that would attack when you entered an area."

"I guess that we got lucky that there aren't many monsters in here then," Luna says.

"I guess so," Zane comments.

After wandering in the labyrinth for a long time, the group comes to a large open area. The bat confirms to Zane that there are no traps in the area. Hearing this, Zane states, "I guess we should call it a day and rest for the night."

Luna asks, "Is it really alright for us to rest in a labyrinth?"

"Yeah, it should be fine. The monsters will keep watch while we sleep. Also since we have not seen any enemy monsters so far, I doubt that we are going to be attacked by anything."

"I guess if you are sure, then we can rest," Luna states.

At this point, Zane pulls out some food that he had in his treasure trove. It was just some biscuits that he had in there. He gives some of the biscuits to Luna to eat. She sniffs at it, thinking that it came out of thin air. Eventually, she decides to eat the food. Zane can tell that she does not really like the taste of it, but there is not much that he can do about that.

Following eating, Zane says, "Well I suggest that we go to sleep now. It is going to be a long day tomorrow."

"Actually, can we talk for a little bit? I will have a hard time falling asleep if we don't," Luna asks.

"I guess that is fine," Zane states. He then says, "So tell me about yourself."

"There is not really all that much to tell. I have lived with my parents in the Sea of Trees for all my life. My father taught me how to hunt and how to fight. Occasionally, my friends and I would go out on hunting trips. We also would play games in the forest. Other than that, there is really not much to tell you," Luna states.

"How did you get caught by the demons?" Zane asks.

"While I was on a hunting trip near the edge of the forest with my friends, we decided to play hide and seek. I decided to go and hide near the very edge of the forest, by the gorge. I was hiding inside the trunk of a tree, since I didn't think that my friends would be able to find me there.

"After a while, no one had found me. Then I heard footsteps. I thought that my friends were coming, so I was going to jump out and scare them. When I did jump out, the group that was nearby was the demons, not my friends. Before I could even run away, I was attacked. One of my legs got broken as I tried to run. They broke the other leg when I refused to walk."

"That sounds awful," Zane says. He then states, "I am sorry that you got caught like that."

"It was my fault. My dad told me that I should stay away from the gorge. He told me the closer I got to it the more likely I would run into demons and monsters. I didn't listen though," Luna states.

At this point, the two of them grow silent. This silence ends when Luna says, "Tell me about yourself."

Zane replies, "I was summoned to this world by the god Ehit a few months back. I was supposed to help fight against the demon army. However, shortly after I got here, I was teleported away. When I made it back to my friends that I came to this world with, they had forgotten about me. Since then I have been living on my own.

"Up until recently, I have been working as an adventurer in the Heiligh Kingdom, as well as a healer. Thanks to my phoenix I have been able to heal a number of illnesses that could not be healed by normal means. Because of that I started to be called the Bringer of Miracles. The people in the kingdom began to really rely on me.

"However, that all ended a few days ago. I was hired to save the life of a few of my friends from my world from a demon. To do that, I ended up summoning one of my monsters. Being a pactmaster is a capital offense in the kingdom, so soldiers tried to arrest me to put me to death. I ran away, and now I have to avoid other people since I am technically a fugitive."

Luna states, "That doesn't make sense. One of the people in Verbergen told me that pactmasters are really important people."

"What do you mean by that?" Zane asks.

Luna replies, "I am not sure. I was pretty little at the time and didn't really care what the person was talking about."

At this point both of them are silent for a few moments. Luna breaks the silence by asking, "Why would the people in the kingdom turn on you just because you are a pactmaster?"

"I am not sure. My only guess is that Ehit must be afraid of what pactmasters can do for some reason. I honestly cannot tell you why that is though," Zane says.

"Well my people will accept you. I am sure of that," Luna comments in a sleepy voice.

The two keep talking for a short time longer. Then they both fall asleep for the night. No monsters show up while they are sleeping inside the labyrinth. This results in them both being able to get a full night's sleep. They are well rested and ready to keep searching inside the labyrinth the next day.

During the course of the next day, Zane and his companions find themselves back at the start of the labyrinth. Seeing this, Zane says, "Did we take a wrong turn somewhere? We are back at the start."

At this point the minotaur says, "I think the labyrinth may have changed while we were resting."

Before Zane has time to think much about this, he hears Miledi say, "Tell me how you are feeling right now? I bet you are kind of annoyed right? I know that I would be if I had gone back to the start."

Zane ignores this voice and asks the minotaur, "How do you know that it changed?"

The minotaur replies, "Originally my species specialized in protecting mazes. As part of this, we have a skill that allows us to navigate through any type of maze with ease. We just sort of know exactly where we need to go."

Hearing this Zane asks, "Do you think that you could lead us through the labyrinth?"

"Yes, that should be easy," the minotaur states.

At this point the bat comments, "I am sorry master, that I did not lead you through the labyrinth very well. I was so focused on helping you miss traps that I did not pay close enough attention to where we were going."

"It is fine. Just focus on the traps. The minotaur will guide us," Zane states to the bat.

With this now decided, the group follows the directions of the minotaur as they make their way through the labyrinth. The imperial bat sits on the shoulder of the minotaur to warn about any traps, while the minotaur picks the direction that the group is going to head.

As they are doing this, the labyrinth keeps changing, according to the minotaur. Zane doesn't really see anything different about the labyrinth whenever this happens. However, the minotaur claims that it is changing, so Zane is guessing that it is changing. His guess is that this is just part of the trial.

Eventually, the group reaches a large open room. There is a massive door at the far side of this room. Zane is guessing that this door leads to the final boss area of the labyrinth. Based on everything that Miledi has said so far, he is expecting her to be the final boss.

As soon as the group has entered this room and starts to walk towards the large door, metal golems that are lining the walls of the room come to life. They immediately move in to attack Zane and his party. Zane is about to give orders to his monsters when his own mythril golem charges at a group of enemy golems.

Zane watches in shock, as his own golem easily tears the enemy golems to shreds. Zane's golem moves faster than he has seen it before, as it crushes, pulls apart, and completely demolishes one golem after the next.

As this is going on, Zane's phoenix and minotaur also begin to engage a few of the golems that manage to make it by Zane's golem. Zane decides to go and help them. Luna joins them as they charge at the enemies that are coming at them.

In total there are fifty of these metal golems that come at the group. All fifty of them are damaged with relative ease due to the aggressive way that Zane's golem is fighting. Unfortunately, the metal golems are able to heal themselves using metal from around the room though, which makes it so that they are able to keep coming at the group.

Eventually, the fight starts to near its end. The enemy golems start having difficulty repairing themselves. The metal around the room is all too damaged from attacks from Zane's mythril golem for it to be used to repair the enemy golems any further.

At this point, the number of golems that are attacking Zane and his companions starts to drop. Before long all of the enemy golems have stopped moving all together. This marks the end of the fight, in which Zane did not have to do almost anything as his mythril golem did the vast majority of the damage to the enemy forces.

Once the last enemy falls, Zane comments to the golem, "I am surprised that you fought like that. I have never seen you fight that aggressively."

"I have been crawling around for the past week, so I was a little eager to finally be able to stretch my legs," Zane's golem replies.

Zane thinks to himself, "More than a little eager I would say. It seemed like the golem was trying to get revenge for having to crawl around for so long."

Putting this thought out of his head Zane says to the group, "Alright, this room is likely going to be the last one. Be ready for anything inside."

Luna states, "Good, just this one last room, then I will finally be able to go and see my family again."

"That is right. Just make sure that you don't die in here," Zane comments. He then tries to push open the door to the last room. He is not able to do so. His golem comes up behind him and pushes the door open for Zane. This allows him to walk into the last room of the labyrinth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zane's Status Panel

Job: Pactmaster

Occupation: Former Adventurer (Silver Rank)

Strength= 723
Vitality= 900
Defense= 717
Agility= 841
Magic= 757
Magic Defense= 976

Skills

Language Comprehension (Can understand any language)

Pactmaker (Able to form up to five pacts. Receive small stats boost based stats of monster pact is formed with.)

Improved pactmaking (Allows up to ten pacts to be formed. Increases the stat boost obtained from formed pacts.)

Pact Telepathy (Allows pactmaster to communicate telepathically with creatures pacts are formed with.)

Will of the master (Boosts stats of all monsters pacts are formed with when near the pactmaster.)

Kinship (Grants one skill from each monster a pact is formed with.)

Fire Immunity- Immune to damage from fire. Can still feel heat. (Grand Phoenix)

Underwater breathing- Can breathe underwater. (Merlion)

Physical Resistance- Increases the physical resistance and recovery rate of the user. The degree of impact is reduced as well. (Mythril Golem)

Hypersensitive Hearing- Enhances hearing. (Imperial Bat)

Ice Shell- Creates a wall of ice that protects users from physical attacks and deals ice damage to those that attack it. (Glacial Tortoise)

Air Purification- Automatically purifies any air that the user breathes in making them immune to airborne toxins. (Master Sylph)

Storm Summon- Allows the user to cause a rain storm in his or her vicinity. (Celestial Thunderbird)

Body Strengthening- Allows the user to expend mana to strengthen their body temporarily. (Doom Minotaur)

Spatial Magic

Metamorphosis Magic

Formed Pacts

Grand Phoenix (Agility +180 and Magic Defense +180)

Merlion (Strength + 50 and Agility +100)

Mythril Golem (Strength +150, Vitality +220, and Defense +220)

Imperial Bat (Vitality +180 and Agility +180)

Glacial Tortoise (Defense +250 and Magic Defense +250)

Master Sylph (Agility +125 and Magic +250)

Celestial Thunderbird (Magic +300 and Magic Defense +300)

Doom Minotaur (Strength +250 and Vitality +250)

Artifacts

Treasure Trove (Allows user to store items in another dimension)

Ring of Mana (Grants user the skill mana manipulation)

Divine Amulet (Dramatically increases the mana of the user. Dramatically increases mana recovery rate. Also grants the user the ability to see the mana of other living beings)

Ring of Resistance (Grants user the skills poison, paralysis, petrification, and fear resistance)

Magical Cloak (Grants the user the skill all elements resistance)

Boots of Air (Creates platforms under wearers feet when they are falling, or jump)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 52 19
It's a story of a person who's life started to change after an incident... And how he manages to live on..... Character detail : Rei : main char...
876 19 7
What happens when a model/actor and his classmates gets transported to an unknown world? What happens when a model/actor meets a spirit that decides...
1.7K 58 29
Kunimi x femreader You are an insomniac, like your older sister, Neko. The two of you constantly drink coffee and energy drinks, reading and playing...
1.1K 41 13
Hajime Hinata was buried deep within his mind, far too deep for even Neo to dig up once more. So when he entered the program, he expected to wake up...