𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗘𝗗 ━ Golden...

awsomblossom tarafından

ADHARA, the second brightest star in the Canis Major constellation, right after sirius. It was as if her fa... Daha Fazla

𝗨 𝗡 𝗘 𝗫 𝗣 𝗘 𝗖 𝗧 𝗘 𝗗
𝖎. THE BASTARD OF HOUSE BLACK
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
𝖎𝖎. OF HOUSES AND HEIRS
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
━chapter 5
━chapter 6
━chapter 7
━chapter 8
━chapter 9
━chapter 10
𝖎𝖎𝖎. PAINT ME AS A VILLAIN
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
━chapter 5
━chapter 6
━chapter 7
━chapter 8
━chapter 9
━chapter 10
━chapter 11
━chapter 12
━chapter 13
━chapter 14
━chapter 15
𝖎𝖛. TWO SIDES, ONE COIN
━chapter 1
━chapter 2
━chapter 3
━chapter 4
━chapter 5
━chapter 6
━chapter 7
━chapter 8
━chapter 9
━chapter 10
━chapter 11
━chapter 12
━chapter 13
━chapter 15
━chapter 16
━chapter 17
━chapter 18
━chapter 19
━chapter 20

━chapter 14

618 32 29
awsomblossom tarafından

Chapter 14
━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

"DRAGONS," HARRY SPILLED. He was in a rush. He didn't want Flitwick to overhear them. "They've got four, one for each one of us. And we've got to past them."

Harry didn't necessarily think twice about what he was going to do. He rarely did, after all. And he had been in a such frenzied state since this morning that the minute he laid eyes on Cedric, he simply dashed.

The Hufflepuff stared, eyes overcome with panic. Harry knew what that looked like, he knew exactly what that felt like.

Harry wanted to elaborate; give more of an explanation. But he froze under those grey eyes, thoughts swirling in his head — how does he still manage to look so cool with a broken bag what the actual fu —

"Are you sure?"

"Dead sure," said Harry, feigning confidence. "I've seen them."

Cedric's brows drew close. "But how'd you find out? We're not supposed to know —" He went to take a step closer, but more of his books fell out of his bag.

With a huff of annoyance, Cedric pushed back his hair and kneeled down to pick them up.

Harry pursed his mouth. So. Fucking. Cool. What the fuck.

━━━━

Adhara maneuvered around the excited student body as Hermione led her to the stands, holding her by her wrist. Though, she couldn't avoid everyone, bumping shoulders and head with kids as they ran all around. For once, no one really bothered to sit strictly with their own House.

"My, Hermione. You seem like you can't wait for the event to start."

Hermione whipped her head around, taking a moment to pause and give Adhara a look.

Adhara would've smirked if it weren't for the dread building in her stomach.

Dragons. Bloody, fucking dragons. Sweet Salazar, Dumbledore must be mental.

The four fourth-years practiced until early morning, nestled inside an empty classroom Adhara found until Harry could get the summoning charm just right enough.

"Mione! I think here is good enough!" shouted Millicent from behind Adhara, exhausted from all the stairs they were climbing.

But Hermione showed no sign of stopping. "Come on! I want to be at the very top!"

Allowing the girl to haul her all the way, Adhara nearly rolled her eyes until she caught sight of two other figures at the top of the stands.

"Hullo, Adhara!" greeted Lupin.

Sirius Black stood beside him, smiling at the girl with what Adhara knew was a sincere smile, making the knots in her stomach twist even more.

She yanked her arm away from Hermione, throwing a cold look in her direction. The frizzly-haired girl simply smiled at her sheepishly.

Adhara turned away. She edged the safety bar, holding onto it. Ignoring them was the only option left, it seemed.

━━━

By the time the first Champion came out, Sirius thought he might have forgotten how to breathe. He watched the kid — because seventeen is bloody young — dance around the dragon to reach the golden egg.

"He will be fine, you know?"

Bulstrode — Sirius remembered — Adhara and Harry's friend — he corrected himself — stood on one side of him while Hermione occupied his other. Remus was softly talking to Adhara, who was gripping the safety bar so tightly, Sirius was worried about her wounds.

"Harry's a tough nut," the Bulstrode kid continued, "he won't be defeated so easily."

"Yeah? What makes you say that?"

The kid shrugged, "He's faced worst."

Somehow, Sirius had a feeling that the girl wasn't talking about Voldemort.

"What do you mean?"

Brows drawing close, Millicent eyed him up and down. "Let's just say this isn't the first giant reptile he's fighting."

"Excuse me?"

"You should ask Harry. Or perhaps Lupin, he should know."

With bubblegum pink hair, she smiled at him sweetly, but Sirius recognized Mischief when he saw her.

━━━

By the time Viktor Krum came out to fight his dragon, Remus could tell that Adhara had stopped breathing. He crouched next to her, talking to get her to calm down.

"He will be okay. I promise you that he will." That caught Adhara's attention. She looked at him, eyes big.

"There are about a dozen of trained Aurors all around, ready to intervene if need be." Remus pulled out his own wand from his jacket to show her and gestured toward Sirius, who was watching them both intently.

Adhara followed the movement, glancing at her uncle.

"And Sirius and I both have our wands. We won't hesitate to run straight into that field."

One thing Remus knows about Adhara for certain was that she knew how to school her expressions perfectly. It wasn't that she never let any emotions show: brows drawing in the tiniest of bits, the corner of her mouth twisting up slightly, or even when her eyes narrowed into a glare.

More often than not, however, her face would be completely neutral. And ironically, that was the perfect way of knowing when she was feeling anxious.

Her eyes empty, and her mouth and jaw fully relaxed. Her hands curled in, squeezing so tightly that Remus felt the need to reach out and unclench them himself. He hesitated for a moment, waiting to see if Adhara would pull back.

But the girl simply stared back, hollow eyes boring into his.

Remus took her hand into his, uncurling each finger one by one. He heard Adhara release a long, suffocating breath.

"We won't let anything happen to him."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

━━━━

"Accio firebolt!"

Adhara's breath caught in her chest, leaning further past the safety bar. She watched as the dragon spit fire towards her brother, the blood draining from her hands as she squeezed Lupin's hand tightly.

Finally, the firebolt appeared, gathering cheers from across the stands, Harry mounted his broom quickly, narrowly avoiding another spit of fire.

Adhara swallowed thickly as she watched her brother fly away from the danger. Her legs turned weak, and Adhara slowly sat down.

Millie was beside her in seconds. "It's going better than we thought, isn't it?"

But Adhara was too anxious to respond. She watched Harry struggle to figure out his next move, glancing toward the dragon who kept spitting fire.

The chain around its neck kept the animal from reaching the Champion. It kept trashing around the chain, obviously trying to get it off. When the creature realized its fire wouldn't reach the wizard, it started hissing instead.

The crowd was silent. Adhara looked back at her brother to see his eyes going wide. Right as understanding dawned on her, she heard a loud snap!

Whipping her head around, all she saw was the broken chain hanging loosely around the dragon's neck.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

━━━━

Adhara marched furiously towards the makeshift Hospital tent they had prepared for the Champions when Igor Karkaroff stopped her in her path.

"Not so fast. Only guardians and professors are allowed in."

The man was smiling at her, keeping his tone weirdly polite. His beard was tucked into his neck when he looked down to talk to her.

Adhara only glared at him, ready to push him out of the way, but Sirius beat her to it. He moved Adhara behind him, standing between her and Karkaroff.

Millie and Mione were right beside her, as was Lupin.

"She's family," Adhara heard Sirius say.

Karkaroff's smile turned wider, looking as though he was enjoying himself. "Did you not hear? I said guardian, which means the little girl cannot go in."

Which Adhara knew was absolute rubbish because she swore she saw Weasley leave the tent on her way here.

She felt Millie nudge her. She gestured towards the tent, making Adhara turn just in time to see Rita Skeeter leave the tent.

"Guardians, professors, and reporters apparently," she said loudly, gaining everyone's attention.

Adhara kept looking at Skeeter, making eye contact with the woman. Karkaroff adjusted his coat from where Sirius had grabbed him, clearing his voice.

"Yes, of course. And reporters."

Adhara smiled, showing her teeth. "Well, I do write for the Quibbler. Would you mind if I went in to interview our Champions?"

Right then, Mione snatched her arm and pulled her close, whispering harshly, "What are you doing?! Luna still has to speak with her dad!"

Adhara brushed her off, eyes locked with Karkaroff. From the corner of her eye, she could see Sirius look at her in surprise.

He met eyes with Remus, mouthing "Quibbler?" but the man only shrugged in response.

Adhara ignored them. "Yes, the Quibbler," she spoke to the obnoxious man in front of her. "You can ask Xenophilius Lovegood himself if you would like."

Mione pulled her arm again. "Adhi!"

Karkaroff scoffed, raising a finger in Adhara's direction. But Sirius intervened once more, stepping in front of the gruff man. He took Karkaroff's wrist in one hand and the finger in another, folding it back slowly.

"Listen here, my dear Igor," Sirius wasn't glaring, but his smile was so wide that it looked like a threat. "I am Harry's guardian. And I am telling you — you hear that? Telling, not asking — I am telling you that his family will see him now. Understand?"

Karkaroff was twisting his arm, trying to pull it away. Adhara glanced where her uncle was holding the man and watched as Sirius' nails dug into his skin, finger bending back ever so slightly.

"Sirius, love," Lupin called out. "I think he gets the message. Right Mr. Karkaroff?"

Karkaroff snapped his head towards Remus, but Sirius had loosened his grip.

The gruff man went to pull his arm away finally, though Sirius held on still.

"Not so fast," said her uncle. Gently, Sirius adjusted Karkaroff's sleeve, pulling it over his palm.

"The ink may not be there anymore, but the scar still remains, does it not? Best to not let anyone see."

Karkaroff jerked his hand away suddenly. "I have no clue what you're talking about," he declared, then frantically walked off.

Sirius threw one last narrowed look in his direction before turning towards Adhara.

He was smiling when he looked at her, a small and genuine one, nothing like the one he showed Karkaroff. In fact, any antipathy he had displayed only moments ago was gone, replaced with a warmth that Adhara couldn't really believe was directed toward her.

"Come now, Adz. Let's go see your brother."

━━━━

Regulus was a touchy subject for Sirius. Of course, he was, after all, he was all Sirius had for years. The kid would follow him around with big eyes full of admiration, and Sirius couldn't help but pour out all his love for his brother. It didn't matter that he never received any from his parents, he had a never-ending supply for Regulus, and he knew that his brother did too.

But all that ended when Sirius was sorted into Gryffindor. Their parents had alienated them, causing his brother to never speak to him again. Until that notable night when Sirius ran off, ignoring his brother, who watched Sirius as he left him alone with their parents.

And Sirius, at the time, had been young. He has been too gullible, too blind to not have realized that it was all his parents doing, and unknowingly went along with their plans perfectly. Hating his brother, pushing him away from him, and, subsequently, further into the dark.

Sirius regretted it, of course, he regretted it. He thought about Regulus constantly, guilt and worry forcing Sirius to peek at his brother during school and to keep up with the newspaper after he graduated.

Alas, as with everything else in his life, Sirius let anger rule his emotions, never actually taking the step forward to protect Regulus, as he should have. As he had promised him when they were younger.

His carelessness and cowardice cost him not one but two of his brothers. And Sirius will never ever forgive himself.

━━━━

Sirius was sitting at the dining table, shoulders rolled in, head hanging low and near the table.

Remus, having received the morning's post, discovered him in the kitchen, scrolls of parchment scattered all around.

He approached, resting a hand on his partner's shoulder as he peaked at the man's work.

"What're you up to?"

Sirius sat up at the voice, his back cracking as he did so. He stretched out his arms, groaning as his elbows and wrists did the same. "Gathering evidence on Aleyne and Matron Hallewell. Apparently, there is not a single attorney in all of England that wants to fight my case.  Can you believe that?"

Remus settled into the spot next to Sirius, forgoing the coffee for today. "Still want to sue the orphanage?"

Sirius scoffed. "Obviously." He picked up a new scroll, unrolling to read its content before he dropped it right back onto the table.

He pointed an inkless quill towards Remus. "And get this. I have been doing an extensive background check on this Hallewell."

"And?"

"And nothing. There is not a single record of this woman anywhere, not even a birth certificate. I'm starting to believe that Hallewell is not even her real name!"

Remus crossed his legs, and his arms, contemplating. "Well, maybe it isn't. Maybe she's married, or was. Have you checked for any marriage certificates?"

Sirius shook his head. "The orphanage registry has her checked as Matron Hallewell, there is no first name."

"That's suspicious," remarked Remus, eyes narrowing.

"You don't say?"

"You know, you could always simply ask Adhara."

Sirius refused. "No, I'd like to keep her away from all this as much as possible. She's already had to deal with all this bullshit enough."

"Then you could visit the orphanage yourself? You know, talk to the kids there."

"What?"

Remus uncrossed his legs, tilting closer to Sirius. "The kids at Aleyne. If Hallewell was awful toward Adhara, then I have no doubt she is also awful toward the other kids. They shouldn't hesitate to bark her out."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "And how am I meant to talk to them? Hallewell would never allow it."

"Allow it? Aren't you supposed to be a Marauder? Just sneak in."

━━━

Eyes landing on the letters in Remus' hands, Sirius questioned what it was.

"These," started Remus, "are letters from the kids. Well, this one is a letter from Harry," he explained as he handed Sirius the letter.

Sirius took it, instantly recognizing his godson's messy handwriting.

"And this," Remus presented a newspaper to Sirius, "is a copy of yesterday's edition of the Quibbler, which I'm assuming is from Adhara."

Sirius eyed it, frankly taken aback. He quirked a brow. "What makes you say that it's from Adhara?"

At that, Remus smirked. He took the newspaper back, opening it to the first page and pointing at the neat A. I. Black signed underneath the first article.

Eyes going wide, Sirius snatched the paper back. Slowly, Remus watched as curiosity turned to amusement, and Sirius let out a shriek of laughter. 

He looked back at Remus, reading the title out loud. "The Daily Prophet: Wizarding England's New Gossip Paper!"

━━━━

"Has the Ministry finally reached the bottom of its cauldron? With the Prophet resorting to keeping its readers busy with teenage gossip, it would seem so."

Adhara walked in front of the crowd, sparring back no glance as she marched straight towards the Slytherin Common Room. Millicent kept reading the article out loud, as she had done countless times so far just today. And the article came out yesterday.

Ronald — who went back to Ronald in her head since he apologized to Harry — snatched the paper away from the pink-haired Slytherin, reading the next lines.

"After all, did we already forget the fiasco during the World Cup? Or is the Ministry trying to deter our attention by writing about the love lives of teenagers instead?"

She heard Ron suck in a breath. "Low blow, Black!"

Adhara huffed. "You've read that part enough times already, Weasley!"

"Yes, well, it remains just as scathing the twentieth time around."

Adhara huffed, struggling to ignore the four that followed her down to the dungeons.

"Also!" chimed in Harry. "Did you see the Prophet this morning? Apparently, Skeeter has taken a temporary leave of absence because of 'private issues'."

"Ha!"

Hermione scoffed. "Serves her right, after what she tried to write about Hagrid."

"Or what she wrote about Kru—" Millicent yelped.

Adhara rolled her eyes, remembering her friend's sudden infatuation with Krum. Then about Ron's celebrity crush on the same guy. And then Harry's crush on Cho.

It was very strange. And Adhara would like to stay far away from that drama.

"Mione! Stop stepping on my foot!"

"Stop taking nonsense then!"

Adhara stopped abruptly, making someone bump into her. She turned around, fixing her friends with a glare. "You know, if this is how you're going to react every time I write an article, then I'm going to stop."

And she was actually considering it. Ever since yesterday, everywhere she went, Adhara received funny looks from left and right. She didn't think that many people even read the Quibbler.

"I'm being serious —" continued Adhara, but she noticed how none of them were paying attention to her anymore.

Ron, who was looking over her head, slowly pointed towards whatever it was as a large shadow cast over them all.

Irritation overcoming her, Adhara groaned when she recognized the shape of the shadow.

"What are you five up to?"

Adhara turned around, ready to face whatever punishment her Head of House felt to give out today.

Instead, Professor Snape ignored Millie and Adhara completely, looking at the Gryffindors.

"Weasley, Granger, and Potter. Seems like you decided to grace our dungeons with your presence today. To what do we owe this pleasure?"

━━━

Harry watched as Adhara exchanged a glance with Millie.

"They were just walking us to —"

"Did I address you at all, Black?" The man didn't even bother to look towards her, eyes strained on Harry, but Harry wasn't one to cower away.

"Now, Potter. You may not know this, but Houses aren't allowed to be in each other's Common Room. I know your pampered self doesn't think rules apply to —"

Harry scoffed, deliberately cutting the teacher off. "Pampered? If you called being locked up in a cupboard for all my life pampered, then sure, I was very pampered!"

Apparently, his result from the first task fuelled him plenty, because Harry didn't feel like stopping just yet.

"I understand that you have something against my father, though in case you haven't noticed, he's dead!" shouted Harry. He heaved in long breaths, keeping eye contact with Snape, who remained speechless.

"Let's go, guys," he urged, turning around without hesitating.

They didn't follow him right away, but after the initial shock died down, Harry heard several footsteps behind him. And in no while, Adhara was right next to him.

━━━━━━━━ ✥ ━━━━━━━━

A/N friendly reminder (again) that this is NOT a hedric fic, but Harry definitely had an innocent little  crush on him in the fourth book (yes, at the same time as Cho) and Rowling's too much of a coward to admit that the kid's bisexual.

But I'm no coward, so Rowling can suck it.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

25.5K 645 35
This story is currently being edited and the new version will be posted on AO3 when it is complete x For 12 years she believed her parents to have be...
96K 3K 78
⭒ I wish that you had thought this through, before I went and fell in love with you ⭒ Aries Melania Black, the youngest of the noble and most ancient...
14.6K 668 23
He placed his hands on either side, pinning her to the wall. "It's you, isn't it?" She gulped, "I'm not sure what you mean." He threw his head back a...
108K 4.2K 39
[Book 1] ❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭. ❞ Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...