The Forgotten (Arifureta x or...

By Nardarion18

Learn the story of one of Hajime Nagumo's classmates, who was forgotten about by all of his classmates. Namel... More

Poll (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: The Accident
Chapter 3: Fight for Life
Chapter 4: Source of Salvation
Chapter 5: Descent
Chapter 6: Battle with Serpents
Chapter 7: Prize
Chapter 8: Forgotten
Chapter 9: The Lake Town of Ur
Chapter 10: Urdea Lake
Chapter 11: Special Request
Chapter 12: Helping the Elderly
Chapter 13: Goblin Horde
Chapter 14: Cursed Job
Chapter 15: Return to Horaud
Chapter 16: Mountain Adventure
Chapter 17: Treasure Hunt
Chapter 18: Deeps of Nallism Ruins
Chapter 19: Treasure of Nallism
Chapter 20: Cashing In
Chapter 21: Dr. Darntho's Request
Chapter 22: Traveling Band of Doctors
Chapter 23: Attack of the Birds
Chapter 24: Lost in the Cold
Chapter 25: Hall of the Frozen Dead
Chapter 26: Frozen Room
Chapter 27: Ice Maze
Chapter 28: Hall of Voices
Chapter 29: Overcoming Oneself
Chapter 30: Enhancement
Chapter 31: The Aftermath
Chapter 32: Request of the Refugees
Chapter 33: The Ruins of Rhode Town
Chapter 34: Wind and Thunder
Chapter 35: Tomb of Pope Elbard
Chapter 36: Return to Ur
Chapter 37: Town of Solomon
Chapter 38: Elder of Solomon
Chapter 39: Tracking Prey
Chapter 40: The End of the Storm
Chapter 41: Emergency Request
Chapter 42: The Front Lines
Chapter 43: Tale of Benjamin Ankaji
Chapter 44: Ambush
Chapter 45: Anthorth Passage
Chapter 46: Return of Douglas
Chapter 47: Tomb of Benjamin Ankaji
Chapter 48: Day of Rest
Chapter 49: Road of Healing
Chapter 50: Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 51: The Surviving Adventurer
Chapter 52: The Black Dragon
Chapter 53: Preparing for the Assault
Chapter 54: Defense of Ur
Chapter 56: Night of Questions
Chapter 57: A Grand Thank You
Chapter 58: Escorting to Horaud
Chapter 59: Emergency
Chapter 60: Saving Classmates
Chapter 61: Consequences
Chapter 62: Night in Horaud
Chapter 63: Reisen Gorge
Chapter 64: Great Reisen Labyrinth
Chapter 65: Miledi's Golem
Chapter 66: Miledi Reisen
Chapter 67: Reunion
Chapter 68: Sea of Trees
Chapter 69: Luna's Family
Chapter 70: The Kirin
Chapter 71: Mana Overload
Chapter 72: Meeting up in Erisen
Chapter 73: To the Sunken Ruins
Chapter 74: Underwater Adventure
Chapter 75: Memories from the Bottom of the Sea
Chapter 76: Insecurities
Chapter 77: Corrupt Illusion
Chapter 78: The Devourer
Chapter 79: Tiamat
Chapter 80: The Door
Chapter 81: Rebirth
Chapter 82: Back to Erisen
Chapter 83: Departure from Erisen
Chapter 84: To the Rescue
Chapter 85: Invasion of the Capital
Chapter 86: Reunion with Kouki
Chapter 87: Divine Mountain
Chapter 88: Inside the Cathedral
Chapter 89: Web of Lies
Chapter 90: Ehit's Apostle
Chapter 91: Rescue
Chapter 92: Inner Thoughts
Chapter 93: To Japan
Author Note

Chapter 55: The Tale of Yukitoshi Shimizu

698 20 1
By Nardarion18

Upon realizing that the commander is the missing Shimizu, Hajime decides to take the boy back to the town of Ur with him. He plans on letting Aiko Hatayama make the decision on what to do with him, since he is one of her students after all. Hajime figures that is the least that he can do for his former teacher.

At this point, Hajime drags Shimizu back to Ur. He does this, going through the monsters that are now in chaos all around the area. These monsters have little to no interest in Hajime though, as they are smart enough to not attack someone that is much stronger than them. For this reason, he is not attacked by a single monster on his way back to Ur.

Upon getting back to Ur, Hajime drags Shimizu in front of Mrs. Hatayama. Hajime then throws Shimizu down at the feet of Mrs. Hatayama. Once Hajime has done this, Mrs. Hatayama asks, "I don't believe it. Why would one of my students do something so completely horrible?"

Shimizu replies, "I just wanted to show everybody in this world how incredible I am."

"What? That makes no sense. All this just made you look evil, Shimizu. Why did you think that we would be impressed by you hurting people?" Mrs. Hatayama asks.

"Not you stupid," Shimizu says. He then explains, "I mean the demons. I went north into the mountains alone to prove that I could capture a monster. That's when it happened, I met an actual demon. They understood exactly what I was capable of. They could see how much potential was inside me. So naturally, I had to make a little contract with them."

"A contract? What is it that they want from you?" Mrs. Hatayama asks.

Shimizu says, "It is funny that you should ask. Because it says that I have to murder you. They can't leave the Goddess of Plenty to her own devices. She would end up being more of a nuisance than the so-called heroes. Which means that if I kill you, the demons will be so pleased that they will hail me as their champion."

"Please say you are joking," Mrs. Hatayama states.

"How did this go wrong? I had 60,000 troops but I still lost?" Shimizu shouts. He then turns to Hajime and says, "Why do you have such powerful weapons? Tell me. What kind of monster are you?"

Mrs. Hatayama grabs Shimizu's hand at this point and says, "I understand what you are saying. You just want to feel like you are a special and important person. It is a perfectly natural desire. But still, you can't join the demons to achieve that."

"You shut up. Why shouldn't I choose to be on the side that will treat me better?" Shimizu shouts.

"Because you know it is not right. I am sure that deep down your intentions are pure and noble. And I won't let one of my students be used for evil," Mrs. Hatayama replies.

Shimizu says, "You don't know what I feel."

Mrs. Hatayama states, "Shimizu, why don't we start over again from the beginning? I promise that I will always have your back. Everything is going to be alright."

At this point Shimizu grabs Mrs. Hatayama. He then pulls out a needle and puts it to her neck. He explains that the needle is coated in a powerful poison that he got from one of the monsters that he was controlling.

After doing this he says, "Drop your weapons and put your hands up, or she's dead."

Mrs. Hatayama says, "Please Shimizu. You don't want to do this."

Shimizu shouts, "Don't tell me what I want to do you hypocrite. Keep quiet and be a good hostage, so I can get out of here." He then turns to Hajime and says, "Heah, tough guy."

When Hajime does not respond, Shimizu says, "Yeah, I am talking to you edgelord." Hajime acts like he does not know who Shimizu is talking to. He looks around, acting confused. This causes Shimizu to say, "Stop playing stupid. You keep looking around and our teacher is seriously dead."

Hajime sighs and says, "You sure you got the balls for that?"

"You're asking for it," Shimizu growls.

"Fine, fine what do you want?" Hajime asks.

Shimizu demands, "Give me your gun and all of your other weapons while you are at it."

Hajime says, "Yeah, I had a feeling that is how this was going to play out."

"Just hand them over," Shimizu shouts.

"Afraid, I cannot do that. Besides, if you take her back to the demons, they are just going to end up killing her anyway. So what is the point in me giving up my stuff, huh?" Hajime says.

Shimizu shouts, "Seriously man, the guns right now!"

At this point, Shea jumps forward and tackles Mrs. Hatayama and Shimizu. She manages to pull Mrs. Hatayama away from Shimizu. In the process of this Mrs. Hatayama is scratched by Shimizu's needle. As this is going on a bolt of water comes flying down from a nearby mountain. It comes from behind where Shimizu was holding Mrs. Hatayama hostage.

This water spell hits and goes straight through the stomach of Shimizu. It would have killed Mrs. Hatayama as well, if Shea had not tackled her out of the way. However, thanks to the quick action on Shea's part the attack completely missed Mrs. Hatayama. The only one that was injured by the attack was Shimizu.

Right after this water attack hits Shimizu, Hajime uses his demonic eye to locate where the attack came from. He then sends a flurry of shots at this area using his handguns. Moments after this, a figure can be seen flying off on a monster of some kind. Both the rider and the monster were hurt by Hajime's attacks. Hajime managed to shoot and destroy the arm of the rider, but did not kill him.

Now the monster has flown too high in the air for Hajime's shots to reach him. Yue and Tio are out of mana so they cannot do anything to help. For this reason, it seems that whoever is flying off is likely going to get away from them to report back to his master.

Unfortunately for the figure on the monster, Zane still has mana, having recovered all of it that he used during the fight already. For this reason, he sends a bolt of lightning into the sky. This lightning strikes the mount of the figure that was flying away. The bolt of lightning kills the flying monster on impact. The person that was riding it then falls into the waters of Urdea Lake.

Immediately upon hitting the water's surface, this man is grabbed and pulled beneath the water by powerful jaws. Then as the figure tries to get away from his attacker, he is ripped to shreds by the claws of Zane's merlion. This ends the life of the person that just tried to kill Mrs. Hatayama.

Back in Ur, with Shimizu now mortally injured and Mrs. Hatayama out of his grasp, Hajime walks over to her. Mrs. Hatayama has lost consciousness from the poison at this point. Zane is about to say that he can heal her, when he sees Hajime pour a liquid into his mouth from a vial. He then proceeds to kiss Mrs. Hatayama. While Zane knows that he is just giving her the medicine that he just poured in his mouth, Zane still finds this act very odd to see a student kissing his teacher.

Zane is not the only one as Nana, Yuka, and Taeko are all taken back by this as well. The three girls all let out audible gasps at the sight of Hajime kissing their teacher. Atsushi has a very different reaction as he gets a goofy grin on his face at seeing the sight.

Once Hajime has administered the medicine, Mrs. Hatayama recovers from the poison. She is then helped to her feet by Hajime. Once she is standing again, Hajime then turns to look upon the mortally injured Shimizu. It is obvious that he is going to die very soon if he is not given any medical attention.

Hajime looks down on the injured Shimizu and says, "I could give you medical aid and save your life. Before I do that though, I need to ask you a question."

"Of course, ask away?" Shimizu says.

"Are you my enemy?" Hajime asks.

Shimizu replies by saying, "No of course not. I will serve you for the rest of my life. I will get you whatever you want. If you want an army of monsters I will get you it by brainwashing monsters like I did before. If you want women, I can get you them. Whatever you want, just ask."

At this point, rather than giving Shimizu any medical aid, Hajime pulls out his gun. He then delivers a headshot to Shimizu ending his life. Seeing this rather bothers Zane, as he knows that he could have easily healed Shimizu, but never was even given the chance to do so.

Following Hajime killing Shimizu, Mrs. Hatayama says to him, "Why did you do that? You could have saved him."

Instead of responding to this comment, Hajime says to his companions, "We are done here. It is time for us to go back to Fuhren to return Will to his family."

With this declaration made by Hajime, the others in his group, which now includes Tio, begin to make their way out of the town. Will clearly is still a little shaken by seeing Hajime kill someone like he did, but he goes with them as well.

As they are leaving, Zane realizes that he wanted to talk to Hajime about something. For this reason, he runs after them. As Zane is going after them he overhears Hajime say to Shea, "You did a good job saving Aiko like that. What do you want as a reward?"

Very quickly Shea responds, "I want to sleep with you and have children together."

Hajime smacks her on the head and says, "Yue is the only woman for me. Ask for something else."

"Fine then. When we get to Fuhren, I want to go on a date with you," Shea states in a pouty voice.

Hajime says, "I guess that works."

At this point, Zane has almost caught up with Hajime and the others. Once he has caught up to the group, Zane says, "Can you wait for a second? There is something that I want to talk to you about."

"Are you going to tell me that I should not have killed Shimizu?" Hajime asks.

Zane replies, "No, it was your choice to make. I could have healed him easily, but you decided to kill him. I will respect that choice."

"Fine, what did you want to talk to me about?" Hajime asks.

Zane replies, "Given the fact you fell in the Great Orcus Labyrinth I am guessing that you cleared that labyrinth and gained the Age of the Gods magic at the bottom. I have managed to clear two labyrinths myself and was wondering if you happened to know where any of the others are at."

"Why should I tell you about that?" Hajime asks.

Zane replies, "If you have intentions of going to the other labyrinths I can tell you where the ones that I have been to are at."

"I already know where all seven of them are," Hajime replies.

"I could also tell you about what trials await you inside the ones that I have been in before," Zane says.

"Fine, I will hear what you have to say. If it is helpful then I will tell you what I know," Hajime states.

Zane explains, "I have cleared the Grand Gruen Volcano and the Frost Caverns of Schnee. In the volcano, you will have to deal with very intense heat. The monsters are easy enough to avoid. You could probably kill them without any problems though. There is also a river of magma that flows all the way to the bottom.

"As for the Frost Caverns, there are a lot of stronger monsters there. In several spots the monsters will keep coming unless you destroy a crystal in the center of the room. There is also a maze that you have to go through. There are three keys in the maze you will have to find before you can leave it though."

Hearing all of this Hajime says, "I guess that is somewhat useful information. I will share some of what I know. I have cleared two labyrinths also. The first is the Great Orcus Labyrinth. It is in Horaud as I am sure you already know. Basically it is like a two hundred floor dungeon you just have to fight your way through.

"As for the other labyrinth. It is in the Reisen Gorge. There is a cave in the Reisen Gorge that has the entrance to the labyrinth in it. The entrance is on the eastern side of the gorge. Just as a warning, in the gorge you will not be able to use magic. Based on how you fight, I am guessing that will be a problem for you."

Hearing this Zane says, "Thank you for the advice. If we run into each other again, then we should swap information again. If we both are trying to clear all the labyrinths, then it probably would not hurt to cooperate."

"I don't need your help in clearing the labyrinths," Hajime says. Then he turns as if he is going to leave. Before he does though he says, "However, I may be willing to share more information in the future. While our stories may be different we were both abandoned by our classmates, so I can relate to what you have probably been through to some extent."

At this point, Hajime pulls out his jeep from his treasure trove. He then gets in it with Yue, Shea, Tio, and Will. Once all of them are in it, Hajime then drives off. He is heading straight for Fuhren so he can finish the job that he was sent to Ur to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zane's Status Panel

Job: Pactmaster

Occupation: Adventurer (Black Rank)

Strength= 473
Vitality= 650
Defense= 717
Agility= 841
Magic= 757
Magic Defense= 976

Skills

Language Comprehension (Can understand any language)

Pactmaker (Able to form up to five pacts. Receive small stats boost based stats of monster pact is formed with.)

Improved pactmaking (Allows up to ten pacts to be formed. Increases the stat boost obtained from formed pacts.)

Pact Telepathy (Allows pactmaster to communicate telepathically with creatures pacts are formed with.)

Will of the master (Boosts stats of all monsters pacts are formed with when near the pactmaster.)

Kinship (Grants one skill from each monster a pact is formed with.)

Fire Immunity- Immune to damage from fire. Can still feel heat. (Grand Phoenix)

Underwater breathing- Can breathe underwater. (Merlion)

Physical Resistance- Increases the physical resistance and recovery rate of the user. The degree of impact is reduced as well. (Mythril Golem)

Hypersensitive Hearing- Enhances hearing. (Imperial Bat)

Ice Shell- Creates a wall of ice that protects users from physical attacks and deals ice damage to those that attack it. (Glacial Tortoise)

Air Purification- Automatically purifies any air that the user breathes in making them immune to airborne toxins. (Master Sylph)

Storm Summon- Allows the user to cause a rain storm in his or her vicinity. (Celestial Thunderbird)

Spatial Magic

Metamorphosis Magic

Formed Pacts

Grand Phoenix (Agility +180 and Magic Defense +180)

Merlion (Strength + 50 and Agility +100)

Mythril Golem (Strength +150, Vitality +220, and Defense +220)

Imperial Bat (Vitality +180 and Agility +180)

Glacial Tortoise (Defense +250 and Magic Defense +250)

Master Sylph (Agility +125 and Magic +250)

Celestial Thunderbird (Magic +300 and Magic Defense +300)

Artifacts

Treasure Trove (Allows user to store items in another dimension)

Ring of Mana (Grants user the skill mana manipulation)

Divine Amulet (Dramatically increases the mana of the user. Dramatically increases mana recovery rate. Also grants the user the ability to see the mana of other living beings)

Ring of Resistance (Grants user the skills poison, paralysis, petrification, and fear resistance)

Magical Cloak (Grants the user the skill all elements resistance)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.8K 555 38
thanks to alot of good mha fanfics I wanted to make one as well. plus Jirou is best girl (Y/N) Wakagen is a quirkless transfer student from a Hero c...
16.6K 466 19
Chihiro had always been a shy boy, having barely any friends. Even though there were so many students that had a special talent, he chose to be frien...
184K 6.5K 38
Y/n L/n worked as not only a doctor but also a detective. She was only on her way to the hospital but was only interrupted by the sound of fireworks...
67 0 7
Where ↷ You try to leave your past and end up hurting your future Iwaizumi Hajime x f!reader (She/her) Warnings - Timeskip!Haikyuu College Au Friends...