That's My Best Friend [Billy...

By godsdearsinner

Living in Hawkins was plain and uneventful, and the only gusts of excitement you ever felt were at parties or... More

Skins (two)
Tina's (three)
Blue And Green (four)
Two Broken Hearts (five)
Cigarettes (six)
Ice Ice Baby (seven)
Pool Madness pt. 1 (eight)
Pool Madness pt. 2 (nine)
Parents (ten)
Let's Make A Bet (eleven)
Lovers (twelve)
Lead (thirteen)
Carnival (fourteen)
Dial (Fifteen)
Dear Daddy Neil (sixteen)
Not An Update
Shifting (seventeen)
I Think I'm In Love (eighteen)
Winter Formal (nineteen)
That's My Best Friend (twenty)
Afterword

Blue Jeans (one)

9.5K 115 138
By godsdearsinner

"Senior year", you muttered while looking yourself in the mirror.

"Senior year".

You had lived your entire life in Hawkins, the most insignificant state in America. It was neither bad nor good, just plain.

Growing up here had been fine. Your family was basically perfect, so you had grown up with both a mom and dad. And like in any other perfect family, you also had an annoying older brother. You never needed money, and your grades were fine.

The only thing that wasn't fine, was you. You hung out with the wrong people on purpose.

"Y/n hurry up, we're gonna be late!" your brother, Steve Harrington, shouted from downstairs.

"Slow your roll! I'll be downstairs soon" you shouted through the door and huffed in annoyance.

You looked at your reflection once more before heading downstairs making sure you looked decent. Your brown curly hair was up in a ponytail, and on your lips was applied peach-colored lipstick. You smiled content with yourself.

Steve jerked open the car door looking irritated.

"If we're late, it's on you"!

You rolled your eyes at him, and when he took notice, he started rambling angrily like someone who had gotten their balls in a twist.

Steve was older than you by about 5 minutes, and he let it get to his head. He fully believed it made him better than you, and he often treated you like a child who didn't understand simple things. That was, of course, not the case, and deep down you both knew who the childish one really was.

Despite his behavior, you loved Steve nevertheless, even if you never told him. He was your twin, and your constant bickering and nagging each other made you feel less lonely.

Your family was basically perfect, except for the fact that your parents were never home. That was your family's "faulty".

When you and Steve pulled into the parking lot, it was already packed with people and the atmosphere was ever lively. You shut the car door and stood out on the uneven pavement. 

"Senior year", Steve exclaimed excitedly, the exact same words you had muttered with dread earlier. You chuckled at how differently the two of you took the fact that it was your last year in high school.

"Yeah, senior year", you replied and swung your backpack over your shoulder.

"Last one at the entrance is on cooking duty until next week", you then hollered and immediately began running towards the school entrance, leaving Steve in the dust. 

"Hey, that's not fair play", Steve cried out frustratedly and quickly ran after you. Steve was fast but to his loss, your head-start benefitted you. You pushed your way through the human crowd, and about 30 seconds later you reached the entrance doors. Steve followed up 5 seconds later, completely out of breath.

"Loser", you panted mockingly while gasping for air. Steve was bending forward, seeking support from his legs. He looked up at you, and scowled.

"You didn't play fair", he stated, and you patted his back sympathetically. 

"Tough luck. You're on cooking duty, King". 

King was the high school's nickname for Steve. King of Hawkins high, to be more precise. It was typical high school hierarchy, and it made people act like morons just to earn "popular points". Steve had earned the nickname by hanging out with Tommy H and his gang. Total douches, but they were childhood friends. 

You personally didn't care for stuff like that, but being a Harrington had still earned you an enormous amount of status among your peers. 

"Did you just lose to your sister, Harrington", a male voice called out, and Tommy H came up to you with his girlfriend, Carol Perkins, under his arm. Tina followed up after, pulling up to your side. Carol snickered mockingly and leaned lovingly up against Tommy's shoulder.

"Oh shut up", Steve complained and put his hands up in the air feeling powerless. Tommy's comment made you laugh loudly, but your voice was drowned out by engine roars.

A blue Camaro Chevrolet pulled fiercely into the parking lot with the windows down, blasting Rock Me Like A Hurricane. 

"Oh My God", Carol gasped when she saw a tall, hunky boy get out of the Camaro. His hair was dirty blonde, cut into a curly mullet, and he wore a blue denim outfit.

Out from the Camaro also came a little red-haired girl. But she was too quickly skating away to really attract much of your attention. 

"Who is that", Tommy asked with a jealous frown planted on his face.

"I have no idea", Tina said and nudged your arm while smirking. "But would you check out that ass"!

You looked at the blonde boy's backside. He was wearing tight, blue jeans that complimented his butt perfectly. You looked at it impressed.

"Who the hell does he think he is, waltzing into school like that", Steve scoffed bothered while Tommy looked anxiously at Carol who was very much drooling over the new guy. 

"Your worst enemy, probably", you remarked bluntly and locked arms with Tina.

"Let's go, class is starting".

The school halls were busy, and students were conversing all over. There were conversations about everything from homework to football, from breakups to parties. 

Tina slammed her locker shut and looked at you all excited. She held up leaflets with fat red text. "Halloween Bash", it read and a smile crept upon your lips.

"Party at my place tomorrow night. Dress up"!

Steve yanked out one of the invitations from Tina's hand. 

"You're hosting a Halloween party", he asked as he read the invitation. Tina nodded and bit her lip when the new boy walked passed the group. The other girls in the hall were also gawking hungrily. 

"Uh-huh, and I'm gonna invite hunky over there", she said eagerly and pointed to the new boy. Her words caught his attention, and he looked at her and sent her a flirty smile. She waved at him giggling.

"This is gonna be fun", you said and followed the boy with your eyes. The others probably thought you meant the party, but you meant the blonde boy. He would no doubt stir up trouble, and that meant entertainment.

Steve wasn't fully aware of it because you never took guys home, and because he was undeniably in love with the charming Nancy Wheeler, but you were not afraid to flirt left and right. You were somewhat of a player yourself, so you were familiar with the kind of drama that could occur.

Tommy, Carol, and Tina went their separate ways to class, while you and Steve went together. Twins were forever cursed to be put in the same class.

"I still can't believe you pulled that in the parking lot", Steve said butthurt.

"Oh get over it already", you groaned and rolled your eyes.

The school day went by smoothly, and you had had plenty of time to consider your Halloween outfit for Tina's party. You were going as something inspired by David Bowie's "Aladdin Sane" album. The party was pretty "short notice" so you would have to improvise a little though. Steve was going as Joel Goodson from Tom Cruise's film "Risky Business".

"Since you so kindly put me on cooking duty, what do you want to eat", Steve asked you as you both left the classroom and went to your lockers. You opened up your locker and began emptying it for books for the day. 

"Dunno", you replied lazily and noticed that Steve was looking at someone behind you. You turned around to see who and yelped when the new guy was standing right in front of you.

"Steve Harrington", he chanted boldly, completely ignoring you. His gaze was daring. 

"That's me", Steve dryly replied. 

"Hawkins High's supposed King. My name's Billy Hargrove", the new guy said and you felt yourself get slightly annoyed with him.

"Mind leaving an inch or two between us", you said bluntly and pushed Billy  away. 

Billy looked at you and your eyes met. His eyes were baby blue. 

"You're Tina's friend right", he asked and gave you a flirtatious smile. He had faint hints of lipstick on his lips. You chuckled at how promiscuous he was.

"Sure am".

Steve pulled you to him, and he gave Billy a stern look. 

"And my sister", he snarled. Billy wasn't faced by Steve's anger and protectiveness of you. In fact, Billy looked amused and you found yourself finding him slightly funny.

"Well, Harrington's sister, tell Tina I said hi", Billy winked at you and left you and Steve.

You shook your head not believing just how much of a douchebag the new guy was. He would definitely cause trouble.

"Let's go home".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 181 11
" je suis à toi pour toujours " ⋆⭒˚.⋆ In which Theodore Nott and Dominique Laurent somehow fall in love... ⋆⭒˚.⋆ social media au theodore nott x bla...
60.9K 1.5K 11
Yoongi an innocent boy who ends up falling for the popular boy called park Jimin a guy who ruined his life
20K 1.5K 42
Nazli is learning to be independent and make her own decisions away from the security of her extended family. She's aware they mean well but prefers...
113K 3.4K 17
"I smell demon blood in you, monster." I press the blade to his neck. "My mother also tried to kill my father the first time." He smiles. As the f...