The Fool

By spiralings

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTr... More

Introduction & Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Six

821 34 10
By spiralings

"Honey I'm home!" Aurora yelled as she entered her home, Synn following after her and shutting the door behind him. Levi came down the stairs with a relieved smile when he seen her standing there in one piece and a grin on her face. He grew confused however, when neither Axel or Atlas were beside her.

"Where are the two lads?" He asked. Aurora grimaced slightly, forgetting she was gonna have to come up with some sort of a lie.

"Axel wanted to try put for the football team, but didn't want to do it alone so he made Atlas try out with him. They called Beau to collect me instead and Alfred is going to wait for them" She lied sweetly, looking up at him as he came to the bottom of the stairs. He scrutinised her expression, then looked towards Synn who was staring down at her blankly. Synn knew she was lying for the sake of her brothers. He felt like she might get caught out though, so instead he looked up and caught Levis stare.

"Can I speak to you for a moment Mr. King?" He asked, not trace of wmotion in his tone. Aurora looked up at Synn as he looked at Levi. Levi was slightly taken back and grew slightly nervous at what he might hear, but nodded nevertheless.

"Aurora, Isaacs in the kitchen, he's been waiting for ye to come home to try out one of his new recipes" Levi said. Aurora didn't waste a second thought and mad ever way towards the kitchen happily. Levi rolled his eyes with a smile before motioning with his head for Synn to follow him.

"Is everything okay? And please, do call me Levi" He asked as Synn walked along side him. They made their way into the living room.

"Everything is fine, I just have a concern I wanted to inform you about. Jace Matthews approached Aurora after school. I watched for a moment before I stepped in and even though he didn't seem a threat and almost warned her to be careful, I wouldn't trust a guy who works for the Knights, especially giving your history with them" Synn explained. He didn't like Jace, and yes, he did not step out of line, but he still didn't trust his motive. So, even if it was nothing, he still wanted to let Levi know. And Levi appreciated it.

"Thank you. I shall see to it" Levi said, a slightly unnerving tone to his voice. He wasn't happy with the news, though was pleased that he was informed about it. Synn didn't really fancy staying with Levi for much longer, so he simply nodded his head and left for the kitchen to find Aurora. As he entered, Aurora was sitting up on the counter beside Isaac who stood beside her. She had a one half of a scone in her hand, cherry scones at that, with melted butter, strawberry jam and a dollop of fresh cream on top. Auroras eyes met Synns as he entered and her face lit up.

"Beau, here try this!" She said enthusiasticly, holding up the second half of the scone. Isaac turned around and looked at Beau with a pleasant smile. He loved when people tried his food, but had a feeling Beau wouldn't be his most enthusiastic taster.

"I'm okay" Synn muttered, shaking his head.

"Eat it" Aurora deadpanned, leaving no room for argument. Synn wanted to roll his eyes but knew he couldn't since Isaac was also looking at him. Instead he silently walked over and stood in front of her, taking the scone with its toppings from her hand. He bit into it and admittedly, it was divine. He nodded his head and looked towards Isaac

"It's good" He said seriously, proceeding to take another bit. Isacc grinned, as did Aurora.

"I'm glad you like it. Help yourself, I've made plently" Isaac said genuinely. Synn nodded his head in thanks. Aurora sat happily on the counter, swinging her legs back and forth as she ate away. Levi then entered the kitchen. Synn had his back to him as he stood in front of Aurora, so Isaac was the only one that seen him.

"Isaac, can you get Alaric and meet me in my office?" Levi asked seriously. Isaac straightened up at his tone and Synn aslo turned around slightly to look at Levi for a moment. Isaac glanced at Synn before nodding. Levi left the room as Isaac took off his apron and put it down on the counter. Aurora thanked him as he left, too distracted by her scone.

"Why did you need to speak to Levi?" She asked abruptly.

"Work stuff" Synn muttered, taking another bite of the scone.

"If you're gonna be involved in this part of my life, I expect to know what's going on. Don't go all professional on me too, it's already weird enough how different you are around my brothers" Aurora scolded, forgetting about the scone in her hand. Synn tried to focus on what she was saying, but there was cream on the corner of her lip as she spoke that distracted him greatly. It was annoying him.

"I told him about Jace, I don't like him" Synn shrugged. He wiped the cream from the corner of her lip with his thumb and sucked it off quickly, all done smoothly and nonchalantly but it had Aurora gazing up at him with parted lips. Synn looked down at her and cocked a brow, waiting for her to say something. Suddenly she snapped out of her trance end glared at him with a deep pout.

"You can't do shit like that when I'm sitting in my own family kitchen" She whispered yelled. Synn leaned forward, palms resting on either side of her on the counter, trapping her between his arms.

"Maybe you shouldn't eat like a slob then" He said flatly, cocking his head to the side.

"I'll just save it for when we're alone" She replied cheekily, a mocking smile on her face as she gazed up at him through her lashes.

"We are alone" Synn raised a brow.

"Are you suggesting we do naughty things on this counter simply because we are alone?" Aurora gasped, mocking horror as she stared at Synn with wide eyes. Synn frowned in confusion, opening his mouth to defend himself as that was most certainly not what he was suggesting, but she bet him to it.

"How unprofessional" She said suggestively while wiggling her eyebrows, placing her hand on his chest. Synn scoffed and rolled his eyes. He pushed himself back from the counter and stood up straight. Aurora decided to hop down this time and get a drink if water. The close proximity had her thirsty.

Synn suddenly felt the his phone vibrate in his pocket. He silently groaned at the thoight of having tonuse the thing, but still took it out and seen he had a message from Levi.

'Take Aurora out of the house for a bit'

Synn furrowed his eyebrows but was going to comply nevertheless. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and looked at Aurora who was gulping down a pint of water.

"I need a good coffee if I'm gonna have to be with you all night. Let's go to that cafe" Synn said nonchalantly. Aurora perked up at the idea of getting out of the house.

"Amazing idea! We haven't been on a date in ages, lemme get a jacket" She said cheerfully, running out of the room intentionally before Synn could tell her it wasn't a date. She knew it wasn't, she just loved to piss him off. Synn left to stand at the front door with red cheeks, waiting for her to come down. She skipped down the stairs with a white cardigan wrapped around her shoulders.

"Put the cardigan on, you're going to be cold" Synn said, annoyed. Aurora stopped beside him and looked up at him with a stubborn frown.

"No, it looks way cuter like this" She replied, pulling open the front door and heading to the car. Synn scowled but headed out after her, closing the front door behind him.

~*~

Upstairs all six brothers were sat around Levis office. Levi waiting g for Atlas and Axel to come home first, which wasn't long after. He didn't bother questioning them yet, but noted that he would have to question them later.

"Beau informed me that Jace Matthews approached Aurora after school today" Levi said from his position at his desk, leaning back in his chair. Axel and Atlas shared a displeased look, not happy with themselves that they weren't there at the time. "He didn't do anything as such, but warned her to watch her back" Levi continued.

"We've settled in enough and have the security we need for the moment. I think it's time to make our mark as the King's in this country" Levi declared, a sense of pride in his tone. All of them had different reactions to this, knowing what it would mean. Axel and Elijah smirked at one another and did a small handshake. Atlas simply stared at Levi and Isaac grimaced at what's to come. Alaric, he stood up straighter from his position leaning against the wall and waited eagerly for what Levi had planned.

"We're starting with the Knights. They need to be put in there place. We should not be getting a warning from them, they should should be warned about us. We should have done with ages ago but it was too risky, now it's almost too risky not to. We get started now" Levi spoke with sheer determination.

"When shall Will and Scott be back?" Isaac asked him. Levi asked them to do a favor for him not too long ago.

"Soon" Levi said firmly, liking that Isaac was already thinking of ways and help. Isaac nodded at him, pleased with the answer.

"So what can we anticipate? Blood? Mutilation? Electrocution? I want to know what I can get excited about" Axel said, standing up and rubbing his hands together. He was excited about this. Elijah smirked at Axel, knowing he was wondering the same. Levi rolled his eyes at their childish antics.

"That is to be discussed. We will got through a plan, just the six of us before we involve anybody else. Get your coffee because I want this to be completed by morning. Then I shall inform Christopher Crudes and his men but she will have no major part in this besides making sure everyone and everything is where it needs to be on time. We will make our statement by doing the dirty work. All of us. We can't have one of us seeming weak" Levi explained firmly to the lads.

"What about Aurora?" Atlas asked, growing both concerned and confused as to he part in all this. Levi pursed his lips for a second, thinking.

"I haven't decided. I've sent her out with Mr. Parker for the moment. I do not want to risk bringing her into the light of this but I know she will be fuming if we keep it from her" Levi answered. They all agreed with his words, unsure of what to do themselves. Aurora would be annoyed that they are even doing this to begin with, but eventually she would understand...right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 40 17
**Notice before reading** This is not a cheating trope , you'll get to know after reading 2nd chapter. 🖤🖤🖤 Adain is a man in his e...
23.5K 566 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...
9.2K 339 20
Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at anyone who walks too close. Seeing him si...
7K 67 22
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. [18+]~ _________________________________________ "Aaaaah-mph...