crescent [h.s]

By onthedoordying

[complete] a story where single pregnant mother aurora meets the one and only, laid-back, up and coming, phot... More

introduction + face claims
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
epilogue 1 - the moon and the stars
epilogue 2 - the wedding
epilogue 3 - goodbyes are never permanent
thank you + what's to come

3

9K 249 140
By onthedoordying

Aurora Adler

As I walk through the large, brightly coloured archway that leads to the fantasy land of a neon lit carnival, a heavy arm slings round my shoulders, the pads of his fingers lightly brushing the cooler part of my arm.

His warm, vanilla scent hangs onto him so perfectly, invading my sense of smell and warming up my lungs as I breathe the burning scent in.

As we enter another form of reality, we both look around and admire this set-up that is a carnival. To our right there are cotton candy stands, donuts being fried right in front of us, as well as other fried food being cooked in front of our eyes. The pickles, oreos and corn dogs standing out the most to me.

On the left side of the grassy path we walk down, there is a large variety of classic carnival games that I'm dying to have a go at. Hook a duck, balloon pop, bean bag toss, basketball free throw, bottle knockdown. And at the back of the carnival.. to the right, there is a carousel. And that's only to name a few.

There's a mix between more adult aimed games– such as a take on beer pong, as well as innocent, easier to win games aimed for the young children, such as bean bag toss.

The sky is turning a deeper shade of blue, a few stars beginning to decorate the layer of navy above us.

I tilt my head up to admire its beauty, Harry speaking after a few moments, "It's beautiful isn't it?"

"The most." I answer.

"What's your favourite," his questioning voice makes me lower my head again and look at him as we make a lazy stroll to the back of the carnival, "sun or stars?"

"Stars." I answer immediately.

He smiles and my heart skips at the way he looks at me.. with so much intention and warmth.

He never looks judgy... only intrigued.

"What about you, Harry? Sun or stars?"

His arm that is wrapped round my shoulders tightens slightly before he breathes out his answer, "If you asked me a year ago.. I would be annoying and say sunsets..."

"And what about now you're not annoying?" I say and he laughs, squeezing my shoulder a little.

"I've always preferred the night.. it's calming and peaceful. There's something about it being 2 am and knowing you're the only one awake.. knowing that no one wants anything from you.." He trails off leaving his answer open.

"So.. I'm guessing you'd say the stars?" I wonder.

He turns his head to the side and down, looking at me intently before a small smile crosses his face, "Turns out.. I'm still a little annoying."

My brows furrow in confusion, and he speaks again, a little smile on his face, "Because I'm going to say the moon."

His answer immediately elicits a laugh out of me, my head rolls onto the flat part of his shoulder and my smile continues to widen. A small vibration runs through his chest as he laughs with me, his hand squeezing my bare shoulder again.

"Hey, guys!" At the sound of a cheery voice, we both stop walking and turn to see a man who appears to be around 35, standing in front of a set of open double doors leading to a mirror maze.

"Hey!" I smile up at him.

"How do you guys feel about a mirror maze? A fun game you can take part in against each other and won't take any longer than 5 minutes.. what do you say? Will you be able to decipher what's real and what's fake?" He says with his emphasised energised voice.

There's no way he's getting paid enough for this.

Harry looks down at me, trying to read my expression. I look up at him and shrug, "Could be fun?"

He nods and smiles, turning back to the guy and agreeing. Not even 5 minutes later, we walk into a semi-dark room, mirrors everywhere, neon LED strip lights being set on purple being the only form of illumination.

"Are we going against each other.. or are we going round together?" Harry questions from my right as we slip on some disposable clear plastic gloves.

"Well, I've always loved a good competition." I smile up at him.

"Yeah?"

I nod, "Mhm.. wanna bet something?"

A curious look crosses his face, "Bet..?"

"Mhm, like.. what's your least favourite fried food?" I question, a thought growing at the back of my mind.

He scrunches his lips up, "Corn dogs?"

I put my hands on my hips, "Really?!"

He chuckles, "Yeah. Why, are you like a die-hard fan? A corn dog stan?"

I scrunch my face up, "How dare you! Fuck no. I don't even like sausages.. I just think fried pickles are even worse."

A shocked expression crosses his features, "Don't you dare say you pick the pickles off a burger."

At his tone, my eyes widen in humour– his seriousness making me want to laugh, "Would you cut this date short if I said yes?"

He releases a heavy sigh in contemplation, "I'm afraid that would be a deal breaker for me."

"Well, then the pickles are my favourite part.. I even order extra." I smile.

"Are you bullshitting me?"

An exaggerated gasp leaves me, "How dare you even suggest that!"

He walks closer towards me, slowly, tauntingly, "You know.. possibly.. just for you.. I may be able to find it in my pickle loving heart to let it slide– just this one time though."

A buzzer cuts off the start of my reply, and Harry gives me a smile before walking into the mirror maze, going right as I go left.

I walk forwards, mirrors all around– my reflection staring right back at me as I speedily walk round this maze– my hands slightly out in front of me so I don't bang into a mirror and seriously hurt myself.

I don't want to hurt my baby.

Walking ahead, I take meticulous strides, using all of my senses in hopes of beating Harry at this game. It may be stupid and to some, not a big deal, however, I've always been extremely competitive. And I'm winning this.

Reaching what appears to be an intercross, I stretch both hands out, my right hand falling through the air, making my feet follow.

On the fifth corner, I stretch my hand out, a scream making the back of my throat dry as another hand wraps around my wrist, scaring the absolute shit out of me.

With my eyes shut, my heart beating so fast I'm scared it's actually going to break out of my chest, a boisterous laugh that sounds exactly like my date, has my eyes opening and rolling.

"Jesus that wasn't funny!" I bring both hands to my eyes, trying to calm the beat of my heart down.

He pulls on my elbow gently, tugging me into his chest to give me a tight hug, "I'm sorry.. I really didn't mean to scare you this bad."

I sigh and wrap my own arms around his waist, resting my head on his hard chest and inhaling the scent of him. Vanilla.

He bends his head down, and rests his chin in the crook my neck, his own arms wrapped around me tightly, protecting me from this god awful mirror maze.

"I really am sorry.." He whispers.

"It's okay... I know you didn't have the intent to  actually kill me."

He pulls back, a small smile on his lips. His lips.. so red and.. cherry-like. My staring is cut off by sudden clear of a throat, which has my cheeks flushing just as red as his lips, I'm sure.

His hands lift to my face but lower before they make contact, "You okay?"

I nod, "Yeah.. yeah, I am. Just, um, I'm as jumpy as a grasshopper so maybe keep that in mind before you get done for second degree murder?"

He chuckles and gives me another tight hug before holding me by my forearms, "Don't you go dying on me."

I smile and shake my head in humour, "Wouldn't dream of it."

He keeps hold of my plastic covered hand, "Do you wanna go round together?"

I nod and give his hand a light squeeze, "Yes, please."

With a smile and a squeeze to my hand back, we go round the rest of the maze together, working together and finding the quickest and easiest route.

"Harry, this way!" I tug on his hand, dragging him to the left and round the corner, and successfully getting us the hell out of this maze.

Never again.

"Oh thank god." He sighs from my right, breathing deep as we hit the cool August air that surrounds us.

I laugh at his reaction, trying my best to stifle the sounds as the man from earlier comes up to us with an elated grin on his face, "How was that you guys? Did you decipher what was real and what was fake? Did you see what was in front of you all along?"

With a squeeze to my hand, Harry answers the best he can without laughing in this man's face, "Um.. yeah.. eventually."

He laughs awfully cheerily, "I bet! Watchin' you two go round was the highlight of my night!"

My brows furrow in confusion, "W-watching us?"

"Y-yeah! Didn't you see the sign on the door?" We shake our heads.

"Oh!" His faulted expression quickly picks up, "Well, if you're interested.. then you can buy night vision CCTV footage of you two going around the maze! It's only $25, and you'll have the memories in video form to last a lifetime!"

I shake my head with a smile on my face, "We're okay.. thank you though."

The man's gaze lowers to my stomach and his eyes flicker between us, "Could be a nice thing to show your baby when they're older, no?"

My heart sinks.

I shake my head slowly, "Um–"

Harry cuts me off and squeezes my hand twice in comfort, "Thank you for the offer, but we're okay.. have a nice night."

Leaving Harry to sort out the questioning look of the carnival man, I slip off our gloves and head over to the bin on the other side of the room, disposing of what was protecting the glass of the mirrors.

When I turn back round, Harry's standing there alone with a smile, his hand outstretched. I walk over slowly, and interlock our fingers when he wiggles his at me.

As we walk down the metal steps, he gives my hand another squeeze, "Don't worry about what he said, Aurora. I hope you know I don't think any less of you because you're pregnant. I'm aware this isn't the most conventional situation.. but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm having a really, really good time with you, and I don't want him to freak you out or anything..."

He sounds so nervous.

No one's ever sounded nervous around me.

I squeeze his hand back, "Thank you, Harry. It's um.. definitely a hard situation to be in and I don't expect you to play a part in something you didn't sign up for. I really, really appreciate your words though, they mean a lot to me."

With a smile between us, I do what I do best; deflect.

"Hey, look! Fried pickles and corn dogs!" I drag him over to the stands that are frying the disgusting snacks in front of our eyes.

I may actually throw up.

I pull us into the queue and look up to him with a regretful smile, "Seeing as neither of us won.. I think we should both acknowledge the consequences and eat the most revolting food on the planet."

"Oh yeah? You want me to suffer and eat a corn dog for your own personal entertainment?"

I nod far too enthusiastically to the point where I think it may offend him, "Absolutely. Now suck it up buttercup, and enjoy the most delightful food to exist."

Turning back round, I quickly notice how we're next in line, another couple just walking off, "Hey, can I get 1 corn dog please."

A lady with short, curly white hair greets us, her southern accent making me smile, "Of course my darlin'! You sure you don't wanna get 2 for only an extra 20 cents?"

"I'm sure, thank you! As much as a large fan he is, the 1 will be sufficient thank you!" I laugh loudly and pat Harry's stiffened arm.

I hand over a $1 bill, pulling us to the side to wait 10 seconds before the freshly fried meat stick is being passed towards me with a wide smile.

"Enjoy my darlin'!"

"Oh, we will! Thank you!" 

As soon as I turn around, I shove the stick into Harry's hands, "Please take this off me, I will throw up on it."

He laughs and takes the monstrosity off me, "What are you gonna be like when you've got a fried pickle in your hands?"

I snap my eyes over to him, fear laced in my eyes. Harry looks at me with a cheeky smile, "You don't think you're making me suffer alone so you?"

I shake my head violently, "No, please. I will actually gag if one goes anywhere near me."

He laughs and pulls us down on a dark green metal bench, a matching table behind us, "I'm just messing... I wouldn't do that to you when you're carrying precious cargo.. but Aurora,"

I look up at him, my vision previously being settled on the fried sausage, "Hmm."

"I hope you know that once you're no longer pregnant... we're coming back here and you're eating a fried pickle."

My heart flutters at what he's insinuating, "Oh yeah? How you so sure on that one?"

He smiles and looks down at the fried food, "Have a feeling."

At the end of his sentence, he takes a large bite off the end of the corn dog, my mouth falling agape as I watch him chew the food I wasn't expecting him to eat without heavy persuading.

"Nice?" I question, laughing as his face scrunches up and gives me a blank expression.

He swallows the mouthful and dramatically puts his head in his hands, "That's the worst thing that's ever been in my mouth."

"The worst? Really?"

He looks up at me and smirks before nodding and laughing, "Oh for sure. You wanna try?" He waves the half eaten stick in my face playfully.

I hold the stick over his hand, stilling his movements, "Fuck off! I will do so many things before that thing goes anywhere near my mouth."

"Oh really?" He laughs, and pulls me up, "So you'll come play hook a duck with me then?"

I nod and clasp onto his hand again, "I still have to prove how good I am at carnival games.. so absolutely, game on."

After quickly disposing of the corn dog, we walk over to the other side of the carnival, heading into the area just in front of the slightly hidden adults section.. beer pong not being the most appropriate game for 5 years olds to be intrigued about.

Causal conversation about good carnival food is passed between us, both me and Harry agreeing that churros win the title of the best food sold in places like these.

We pick a game, both of us playing against each other, 2 of the 4 plastic pools being taken up by us. As we get settled and hooks are passed over to us, a group of young kids who must be here for a birthday party surround us, all intently watching. They can't be any older than 6, and their focussed faces make me want to laugh at the same time as my heart melts.

The preface of this game, is very simple. You get 3 chances to hook 2 yellow plastic ducks with a matching number on the bottom, and if you successfully hook 2 matching ducks, you win a prize.

"Alright, start whenever you're ready!"

I send Harry a 'game on' expression, before we both aim our hooks and pick up a yellow rubber duck. Taking the duck off the hook, I look at the bottom and see a 2, meaning I need to try and hook another duck with 2 on the bottom.

I look over to Harry, and see he also hooked a 2, so now we're on a mission to find the matching duck.

I extend the long wooden stick in front of me and hook a duck that's floating away from the rest of the ducks, that one standing out to me the most.

Pulling it back, I take the duck off the end of the hook and let out a short, happy scream and I see another 2.

Told you I was good at carnival games.

I look over to Harry and see his pouting face, a 1 being on his duck. Having another two attempts left, he extends his hook out and picks up another duck, groaning as he sees the 3 on his duck.

"Do the ducks going in 1,2,3 mean I win?" Harry jokingly asks the guy who's running this stand.

"Not this time or this game! Sorry mate!" The bald man looks at me and my matching ducks, "Your girlfriend however wins a prize, which would you like darlin'?"

Shaking off the girlfriend comment, I point to the flamingo, a smile wide on my face. I've always loved flamingos, especially when there's two of them and they bend their heads and form a heart.

I think I just love, love.

He smiles up at the array of stuffed animals above his head, before unhooking the cotton-candy coloured flamingo, "Beautiful choice for a beautiful girl, here you go my darlin', enjoy the rest of your night!"

I take the toy out of his hands and smile widely, "Thank you! You too!"

I take my hand is Harry's again, smiling up at his gloomy expression, "Smile grumps, I told you I was amazing at carnival games."

He takes the stuffed animal out of my hands, and bends the head and beak to make it curve, looking like one side of a heart before handing it back over to me with a smile.

A small, honest, loving smile.

So pretty.

He blinks, "Huh?"

Oh fuck.

I said that out loud.

Again.

I shrug, owning it, "I said you were pretty."

He lips quiver up, but it's a smile that I haven't seen from him yet tonight, it's shy. Almost embarrassed. His cheeks turn a light shade of pink, and his eyes crinkle, but my favourite part? The way his dimples come out.

He squeezes me hand, "Nothing compared to you beautiful angel."

Now it's my turn to blush.

No one's ever called me that before.

Called me beautiful sure, Deli is my biggest hype girl. But... beautiful angel? Never in my life have I heard that.

I turn my face away, an embarrassingly wide smile taking over my face, and instead of answering, I just pull us over to play donut toss.

Walking over to the other side of the grassy carnival, I pull out a $5 bill and hand it over to the woman managing the stand, passing 5 plastic donuts over to Harry.

This is another massively simple carnival game, simply just throwing plastic donuts onto the target poles, trying to earn another prize. Similarly to the hook a duck stall, the prizes above us being a large variety of brightly coloured stuffed animals.

"Right you ready.." Harry says from my left, making me jump as I didn't realise he was so close to me.

I nod, gently teasing him, "You better be better at this than you were at hook a duck."

He smirks, "Just you wait."

As another couple sets up their game next to us, I watch as Harry gets the first donut on the purple poles, me eagerly nodding in surprise. He looks back at me with a cocky expression, making me roll my eyes in humour, "Yeah, yeah, get the furthest away one and I'll be impressed."

With a smile, he turns back to the pastel coloured stall, rotating his wrist as he lines up the donut and yellow pole– the one furthest away from us.

He lets it go, and sure enough, it lands on the pole with a spin. Without facing me, his cocky smirk remains on his face as he proceeds to get the rest of the plastic donuts on the poles.

He turns back round, holding his arms out in celebration, as I roll my eyes and jokingly push him out if the way so I can have a go. He stands next to me as I get passed 5 donuts, his back to the other players as he watches me intently.

As I throw the first donut, I sigh in disappointment as it hits the bottom pole but falls off, nudging Harry with my elbow as I hear him let out a little chuckle.

I throw the next donut, successfully onto the middle pole, however miss the next two. I breathe deeply and sigh, turning back to Harry with a pointed finger, "Don't make fun of me, please."

He shakes his head and pulls me into a swaying hug, "Wouldn't dream of it."

I put my chin on his chest, looking up at him, smiling as his thumb smooths my under eyes in comfort.

He makes me feel so safe.

The stall's owner cuts off the quiet moment, "What animal would you like, young man?"

He looks up above us, not making a move to remove his arms from me, "Do you have a butterfly?"

The lady nods and reaches under the desk and pulls out a monarch butterfly toy, a face being embroidered onto it.

I have to admit, it's pretty cute.

As we unwrap from each other, the couple from earlier catches our attention, "Hey guys... um, how do you fancy playing a couple games with us? Couple vs couple?"

I look up at Harry and see him already looking at me, and I nod, agreeing that it would be fun.

He turns back to the couple ands nods, "Yeah that sounds fun really fun guys, I'm Harry, this is Aurora."

I smile and murmur a quiet hello, keeping a strong grip on Harry's hand as we walk over to the next stall as a group of 4.

"How's your night been? I can see you've already won a few games." The lady who's called Sarah laughs, motioning towards our stuffed animals.

I nod and laugh myself, "It's been really good thank you, what about you?"

Harry turns and smiles at me, squeezing my hand at my comment.

She groans in humour, "Ugh! We cannot seem to win anything! 5 games down and... nothing! Not even close! You guys need to teach us your ways!"

Harry laughs and breaks away from his conversation with Sarah's husband, Mitch, "We'll be more than happy to help, you pick the next game and we'll see if we can help you guys win something."

5 minutes later, we're next in line to play basketball free throw, my personal favourite carnival game.

Harry squeezes my hip– his arm now round my waist, "How good are you at this one?"

I shrug and look at him nonchalantly, "Guess you'll have to wait and find out."

Sarah and Mitch choose to play against us for the first round, and unfortunately they only get half the amount of balls in that's needed to win a prize. They got in a playful argument, causing us all to laugh loudly.

Sarah gently smacks her husband on the back of his head, only making him laugh and kiss her forehead as she has a playful go at him, "Awful! You're shockingly bad at this! Babe, don't be surprised if you wake up to divorce papers."

He only pulls her into a tight hug, "You wouldn't dare! If I can get passed you never taking Clover out for walks, you can get passed this!"

I laugh as I pick up a basketball, ready for me and Harry to beat them, "Who's Clover?"

Sarah replies as the ball flies through the net, "How the hell did you do that!" I turn to her a smile as I pick up another basketball and continue to throw them, "She's our puppy... went round our garden and ate all the clovers the day we got her– hence the name."

I smile and laugh brightly as Sarah and Mitch tell us stories about their puppy, however my focus is on winning this game.

As the buzzer goes, I squeal in happiness and the next thing I register is warm arms spinning me around, shouting in praise.

I hear the laughs of our new friends as Harry spins me around, hugging me tight but also keeping a safe distance between our stomachs.

When I get placed back on the ground, I hold onto his arm tight, the whole carnival now spinning with neon colours taking over my vision.

"Right! Aurora you better teach me if I want to keep my wife happy!" Mitch jokingly shouts, buying another round of the game.

For the next 2 minutes, I teach Mitch the basics and give him my tips to get as many balls in during the time limit.

When the buzzer goes, he cheers in celebration, pulling me in for a short hug before high-fiving my hands, thanking me repeatedly.

"Thank you, seriously thank you, the last thing I wanted to wake up to was divorce papers... you've saved my marriage, for real."

I laugh and shake my head, not being able to keep a smile off my face at his reaction.

Mitch chooses a small elephant toy, and gives it to Sarah with a kiss to her cheek, them both quickly agreeing to give it to Clover when they get home.

I make my way back into Harry's arms, hugging him tight to my body as we see Sarah and Mitch talk happily about finally winning a game.

I hope he doesn't mind how much I'm hugging him.

We continue to play a few more games, both me and Harry helping both Sarah and Mitch at the following games. I have to admit, seeing Harry laugh and share stories with both me and Mitch and Sarah, warms my heart. And I can't help but be increasingly attracted to him for being so kind to people we met just over an hour ago.

Christ... what time is it?

The sky is fully black, and all kids have left, drunk adults and older teenagers being the only ones left in this carnival.

Just as I reach for my phone to check the time, a warm voice that belongs to Sarah cuts off Mitch's story about Clover, "Do you guys wanna play some beer pong?"

I feel Harry tense and I'm quick to shake my head, "I, um, I'm actually pregnant... can't really play." I laugh at the end of my sentence, because what a mood killer.

I don't want them to think I'm irresponsible.

Sarah's face only lights up and Mitch dramatically turns to me with a matching smile to his wife's, "Really?!" They say at the same time.

I just nod my head and hope they don't have many questions.

Then they'll really think I'm irresponsible. 

Sarah speaks with such a warm tone, lightly looking at my stomach before pulling me into a hug, "Congratulations. That's amazing. You're gonna be the best mum, Aurora."

Congratulations. 

"I- thank you. Really. That means more to me than you'll ever know."

She pulls back and look between me and Harry, and I just know she's thinking about what we said earlier.

"How long have you two been together! You must've shared your advice with these stupid carnival games and how to win them!"

I look at Harry nervously and answer her, "Um.. this is our first date actually."

Her mouth drops open, "Are you joking?"

We both shake our heads, a small, embarrassed smile on our faces.

"We'll have to wait to play another time then!" Sarah looks at Mitch, "Would it be okay for us to ask for your guys number... we've had a really good time tonight and after just recently moving to the area it would be really nice to have some friends here..."

In shock, I nod, surprised that they like us enough to want to become friends.

I'm not shocked they like Harry, he's easy to like... as I've learned tonight, but I am surprised that they want to meet up with both of us again.

I always thought I was hard to like.

After putting our numbers into each other's phones, we smile and walk to the next stall.

We play another two games, both me and Harry helping them win another prize before deciding to leave the carnival. After a hug from both Sarah and Mitch, we walk out of the carnival, hand in hand, our stuffed toys in our free arm.

"They were so nice." I breathe into the now cold air.

Harry nods, "I know.. I hope we get to become better friends with them."

I nod back, resting my head on his bicep as we make a lazy stroll back towards the restaurant. As my teeth start chattering, Harry looks down at me and asks, "Are you cold?"

I nod a little, and he's quick to drop my hand and slip his jacket off, "Harry you don't have to..."

"Don't be silly, you're cold.. put your arms through it." He helps me slide my arms into the warm material that is basked in his scent before interlocking our hands again.

We make causal conversation until we reach the restaurant, Harry then asking me a question.

"Hey... let me drive you home.. it's cold and dark and," he pulls his phone out of his trouser pocket, his eyes widening, "1 am... I don't want to leave you to walk home alone."

I nod and graciously accept his offer, "Wait Harry..." he looks up at me as I slide into his black car, that is fucking beautiful might I add, "how did you know I didn't drive here myself."

He smiles, "Delilah told me the restaurant was near your house as you didn't like driving."

Little bitch.

I sigh and laugh, "Of course she did."

With that, he gets into the drivers side and looks to make sure my belt is done up before increasing the heat and driving off, asking me for directions.

When we pull up the complex, I find myself getting sad.

I unbuckle and smile towards him, "I would so invite you up, but Deli's definitely still up watching Brooklyn 99 eating pizza on my couch."

He laughs and asks if he can at least walk me up to my apartment. I nod and smile at his gesture.

With his stuffed butterfly in the back seat, and my stuffed flamingo in my left hand, I link my arm through his as I lead the way up to my apartment.

As we step out of the elevator, I turn to him with a sad expression as we reach my door, "This is me..."

He gives me a sad smile back, "I had the best time tonight, Aurora. I really hope I get the chance to take you out again.. and soon. You're really, really special."

Butterflies.

An uncontrollable smile crosses my features and I nod quickly. With his own smile, he pulls me into a tight hug, gently swaying me back and forth.

We lean back, and the matching smiles are no longer on our faces, instead a serious expression is what covers our features.

His places his warm hand on my cheek. His other arm wrapped round my waist. He leans in, and so do I. My heart skipping a beat at the thought of kissing him.

Just as our lips brush together, my door opens with a swift breeze, making me jump back and out of Harry's grip.

"Oh hello you two! Nice time to see you!" Deli jokingly scolds us, however I'm not too sure if Harry knows she's joking.

"Hey..." I smile at her.

She tugs on my arm and looks at me sternly– it only making me laugh. She looks up at Harry, a small smile washing her features as she talks to him, "I'll see you on Monday, Harry."

With an embarrassed smile shared between us, and me mouthing him a quick apology, I get dragged back into my apartment, the door gently shutting behind us.

"Why did you do that!" I place my hand in front of her face and pinch my thumb and index finger together, a very small gap separating them, "I was this close to kissing him!"

I'm definitely talking too loudly for the time of night.

"So it went good?" Her smirky face has me rolling my eyes.

I angrily stare at her as I slip my shoes off, "Yeah it was fucking amazing until you came and interrupted what would've been our first kiss!"

She laughs loudly and brings me into a hug, shaking my body violently in victory. She pumps her left fist into the air and shouts, "I told you so!"

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 122 18
"I love you Gabrielle." He said as kisses trailed down to my neck. "I love you, forever and always." I whispered. It took one night. It took one test...
659 21 7
This is the first part of my hopefully forthcoming book series because I want to write a book series about Harry Styles with your kind of playing the...
64.8K 1K 57
____________ "Beautiful," I hear him say behind me, a lot closer than expected, not knowing that he isn't talking about the photos in my hand... ____...
847K 15.1K 41
Samantha Evans's quiet life begins to spiral out of control when her childhood best friend, Harry Styles, leaves to audition for the X-Factor and Sam...