60 Seconds

By MysteryHwang

To me, such memories are only 60 seconds long. He settle into my heart in less than a minute, only 60 seconds... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 18

147 10 2
By MysteryHwang

It was 10:30 when New received a message from Off.

From: Off

I'm gonna pick you up at 11:00 sharp.

New turned off his phone and forcefully get himself up out of bed. He forgot that he has somewhere go to. Last night, when they are on their way home, New mentioned that he need to pick something, and Off offered to accompany him. He honestly wants to go alone but when the older guy told him that he has a vehicle, he can't say no anymore. It will save him a lot of money plus he does really want an accompany.

He went out to his room at exactly 11:00. He received too many messages from Off that he was already at the parking lot waiting for him. 

"New, are you going somewhere?" Bella asked. New nodded in response. Bella also went home late. How does he know? They bumped into each other in the lobby. "Did something happen last night? I got home with shattered glasses on the floor."

"Do you think it's me?" New asked looking at her with his usual cold eyes. Though they both went up together, Bella didn't get a chance to ask him after seeing the mess in the living room as he went straight to his room shutting everyone out.

Bella immediately shook her head. "No, I'm not. I'm just asking in case you know. It has to be a mom since you also went out—" he cuts her off.

"It's me." He said honestly. "I got bored and decided to smash the glass on the floor." He can see how worried and sad at the same time Bella in the way he was acting.

He sighs. He promised to give her a chance, he just can't stop himself whenever he looks into her eyes. He still feels rage and anger in his chest, he definitely needs more time. That's why all this time, he avoided her gaze.

"Do you want something?" New asked, he wanted to apologize but he can't bring himself to do it. "Peace offering for acting spoiled brat last night."

Bella smiled. "Pork cutlet Tonkatsu."

"Okay then. I'll get going now." He said and finally, leave the house. He felt sorry for treating his sister like that from time to time, he feels wrong but right at the same time. Something inside of him feels like he is betraying himself for forgiving her. Even questioning himself if he is doing the right thing. Can he really be free from his past by doing this? He sigh, he honestly felt suffocate acting nice and forcefully doing things just because he wanted to heal.

He went to the parking lot on the ground floor and sees Off riding a black sport bike motorcycle "This is what vehicle are you talking about?" New surprised Off from behind.

"What do you expect from someone like me? I can barely afford gasoline." He said and lightly threw the helmet to New who keeps glaring at him. "What do you think about my baby?" He said and tapped the fuel tank.

"It's literally a sports bike," New said, pointing out that Off said is not making sense. How can he not afford gasoline when he affords this bike? "Anyway, you look more handsome in it. If I were with Gun, I will definitely forbid you to ride this unless you're with me."

The taller smirked, "Why is that?"

"Girls and boys probably want you to steal from me!"

Off chuckled. "Don't worry. I'm all yours." He said and winked at him. New puts on the helmet and rode the bike. "Hold on tight."

New told Off the location he was going to. He's right about agreeing to let Off come with him. He totally enjoyed the ride, he even tried to raise both of his hands and feel the nice cold air. 

"We're here."

"Geez, I forgot that," New said. He enjoyed the ride too much that he forgot that he has to meet someone. He took a glance at his wristwatch. "She should be here now."

Off took off his helmet. "Who are you meeting with?" He asked.

"Just someone."

"Your ex-lover?"

"Dude, really?" New rolled his eyes. Off probably just teasing him because he knows more than 'he likes Tay.' "I can't even look at others." He murmured as he saw a middle-aged woman who was carrying something with her.

"Sir New." The woman said.

New clicked his tongue hearing what the woman call him. "Didn't I tell you to stop calling me sir? You're not our housekeeper anymore." He said

"I'm sorry, I'm just used to calling you that." She said looking apologetic. She handed him the cat carrier. "She is eating so well, I didn't get a chance to take him to a vet."

New is so excited to see his pet Mimi again. When he left the town, he couldn't leave Mimi there but his mother don't want any animals in their house so New didn't have a choice and let his cat stayed Anna, their housekeeper back in the town, for a while.

"Mimi! Did you miss me? I missed you so much!" New didn't hide how much he missed his cat.

"Is that Mimi?" Off asked. "I didn't recognize her. Hello, Mimi!" Mimi got a lot heavier, and Anna really took care of her seriously.

"I will definitely surprise Tay," New said. Off cleared his throat and stopped petting Mimi for a second before he continue. He got distracted when he heard Tay's name.

"Did Madam Aum agree on keeping Mimi in your house?" Anna asked.

New sighed, trying not to break his smile. "Of course not. She will never allow me to have a pet, especially in her house." New sounds sad just telling how he can't keep his cat in their house. "I don't know but I can't just let Mimi stay with you forever. I need to find ways." He added.

"I can keep him for a while." Off volunteered.

New glared at Off, "Why?" New asked. As much as he wanted not to accept Off's help, he can't. He doesn't have a choice.

"Why not? Mimi is so cute and kind. Besides, I'm living by myself." Off said and carry Mimi on his arm. "We should grab our lunch, you should also come with us." Off said to her.

Anna shook her head and politely declined his offer. "I would love to but today is a bit tight, I still have things to do."

"No worries, you can message me if you need something," New said. They finally bid goodbye to Anna. "Do you have something to do?"

"If I have I wouldn't be here with you." Off answered.

"I mean, later? Like, are you free this whole day?" Off nodded in response. "Good, I was planning to bring Mimi to the vet."

"Yeah, I heard. So let's go and grab our lunch?"

"Okay, but this time it's my treat."

"No, I'm older with a job. I shouldn't let my junior pay for my meal."

New clicked his tongue and roll his eyes at him. "You are such an old fashion. Just let me treat you, okay? No buts!" Then proceed on going to their picked place to have their lunch. Of course, even though New instead pays for their meals, he is still careful about finding a place that is fit his budget. College life is so expensive even though his mother pays the tuition he still wants to save money since he cannot rely on his mother forever until he graduates. Besides, his mother cut off his allowance now and then when they fight.

Their fight last night is not a joke. He needs to find a place to work because if this continues he might live on the road with Mimi.

"I'm actually craving Taco Bell." Off said. He is really craving it but he can sense that New is getting out of his budget so he intentionally picked a fast food chain that will make him save money but also be good.

New grabbed his phone and read his new message.

It's from Tay.

From: Te

Where are you?

He messaged him back asking why he is looking for him. A second after sending his message, Tay immediately replied.

From: Te

I heard you're with Off. Do you mind if I join the two of you?

New raised his brows at the taller man beside him. Off gave him the what-did-I-do look. "Did you tell anyone about today?"

Off scratched his head. "Uhm, I accidentally told Arm about it. He keeps bugging me about getting the Avengers ticket so I told him that we have somewhere to go today. Is there a problem? Should it be a secret?"

New sighed, "No, it's not. It's just Tay sent me a message asking if he could tag along with us." He said, waiting for Off's reaction to it. New wants it to be honest but he still wants to consider Off opinion about it. He knew that it won't be a problem for them if Tay will join them, he is just concerned if it will take Tay a while to arrive where they are. Off might be hungry.

"That's sweet! Tell him to come." Off said looking happy with it.

New was glad, though he didn't show it like Off. He must really miss hanging out with Tay.

Tay arrived at their meeting place in no time. Though he looks like he was in a hurry going here. His hair is a little messy, he is sweating as hell and the best part of it, he's wearing his apron.

"What the heck happened to you?" New asked looking at Tay catching his breath.

"I-" Tay tried to explain but he is so out of breath that he can barely say a word.

"Dude, you looked a mess. We told you to take your time, we are not in a hurry besides it's too early." Off said.

Finally, Tay took a deep breath and face the two who were suppressing their laugh. "Don't laugh. I swear." Tay threatened the two. "I was just worried that you two might wait for a long time."

New didn't buy it. "It won't take you 30 minutes to go here and like what Off said, we clearly told you to take your time."

"Okay fine, it's clear that I didn't take my time so cut it out," Tay said a little annoyed removing his apron from his body. "The shop was open that's why I'm wearing this. Where are we going?" He said folding it to make it fit into his pocket.

"Taco Bell." Off simply answered.

"We should have to eat at my shop—let's go," Tay said and lead their way. The fast food was just within walking distance of their place. The two were quietly talking behind him. He was pissed off after hearing from Arm that New and Off. He didn't know why, this may confirm his hunch that Off is the one New has liked ever since. He was pissed that he even forgot to ask what New was carrying. He turned around which made the two stop. "What's that?" Tay asked and point out the cat carrier.

"Who do you think is it?" New is teasing him.

"No way... Don't tell me it's Mimi?" New smiled and opened the cat carrier. Mimi's head pop out and immediately jump at Tay as soon as he saw him. "Oh my, is this really Mimi?" Tay can't believe he was seeing.

"Yes, she got fat after staying at Anna for months," New said.

"Mimi! I missed you! Omg, I never thought I would see you again." Tay was overwhelmed seeing Mimi and carrying her in his arms.

They ended up eating outside, good thing Taco Bell has outside dining since they have an animal with them. Off and Tay will order their meal.

"What's yours?" Tay asked New who is busy playing with Mimi on his lap.

"I got it." Off said. Tay secretly clenched his jaw. He didn't know why is he pissed right now.

"Then order mine too," Tay said and sat beside New. Off shrugged his shoulder and proceed to order their meals. While Tay stared at New until the younger man noticed it.

"What is it?" New asked not removing his eyes from Mimi.

"How are you?" Tay asked.

"Fine? Why'd you ask?" New asked back. He was worried that Tay might notice something odd about him. What if Off also accidentally told Arm about him meeting Off last night because of the chaos that happened to him?

"Nothing," Tay answered. He tapped the table with his fingers, that's not what he wanted to ask. Tay cleared his throat and fixed his seat before asking New again. "How about 'him'?" Without mentioning the name, New knew what Tay was referring to.

He took a glance at Off first, making sure that his not on his way here before answering. "I'm working on it." He answered.

Tay noticed how New looked at Off answering his questions. "Of course, you are." He murmured. I mean, this is all he needs to confirm that it was indeed Off. The criteria really fit Off Jumpol wherever he looks at it but something in him does not like the idea of it.

Off finally got their order and placed it on the table.

"Oh yeah, I will bring Mimi's things to your apartment tomorrow. What time your shift ends?" New asked while munching his tacos.

Tay raised his brows. "Why would you bring Mimi's thing to his apartment?" He asked.

"Mimi will stay with Off for a while—" New wasn't able to complete his sentence Tay already cuts him off.

"What—Why?" Tay asked. "He hates pets!" He added pointing his fingers to Off.

"Can you please let me finish before you react?" New said and rolled her eyes when Tay just shrugged in response. "My landlady won't let me keep pets in her house because someone is allergic to cats. Off offered that Mimi could stay at their house for a while." He finally explains.

"Didn't answer my question a bit," Tay said. "Shouldn't you at least contact me before deciding that? I'm also Mimi's parent." He said.

New's face got heated up after Tay acknowledged himself as Mimi's parent. "W-Why are you getting worked up like that—Look, it's fine. It's not like I'm handing Mimi to a stranger." New said and put Mimi in his cat carrier. He sighs before continuing his arguments with Tay. 

"Is there a problem Mimi staying at my house? Now that you know, would you let me?" Off said calmly while eating his taco. This is Off, always cool with everything. "Or do you have space in your apartment?"

"I-I.. do." He said but with hesitation.

New rolled his eyes again. "See? You getting mad for nothing. You can't even say you can keep her."

Tay cleared his throat, Then, I guess, It's fine. Let's end our discussion here, okay?" Tay said, surrendering. Off grabbed the straw that was still wrapped in paper. He tears it and put one inside of New's drinks. He couldn't do anything but take a deep breath. "You got a lot closer than I expected."

Off nodded. "Yeah, you were possessive back then... you know as a friend, so I didn't get a chance to get close to him, like this." 

Tay chuckled in bitterness. "Sound good to me."

New slammed the table loud enough to catch their attention. His gaze went back and forth between the two.

"Are you guys fighting?" New asked. Two immediately shook their head. "For real though, did you guys fight?" New asked again.

"No, we did not," Tay answered.

"Then why do I feel like you were?" New asked again, still not convinced.

"Tay was just probably je—"

"We are done, right? Let's go. I'll take Mimi with me." Tay cuts Off. He stood up grabbed Mimi and went out. Leaving the two inside the fast food chain.

"What just happened?" New asked in confusion.

Off chuckled and shook his head. "Let's just go." He said. They went out together and see Tay in front of the door waiting for them. "Let's head to the vet?" Off said. New nodded but before they could step, Tay grabbed New's wrist.

"I think Gun is looking for you," Tay said and showed him a message from Gun. "I guess it's me and New." He added, smiling.

"But—" New was about to speak.

"Polca," Tay said and told New to keep quiet by acting like he was zippering his mouth. "Bye, Off. See you!" Off can't do anything and left.

"You play it dirty."

"Like how you played before." And then winked at New.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 8.4K 89
At a young age of eighteen, New was living the life of a teenage boy diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. With his life hanging by a thread, he realized...
14.5K 864 28
Have you ever met someone whom you thought dead but is alive without you knowing, that is what happened in Tay's life the person whom he loved the mo...
8K 568 50
😔 I really feel that I have to put a R Rating on this one, not just Mature. I went way overboard on the intimacy. Something about these two, perhaps...
227K 8.6K 35
[COMPLETED] BoyxBoy On his graduation day, New mustered all his remaining courage to confess his feelings to Tay Tawan, a certified chick magnet and...