Don't Forget Me. Sting x OC...

By mnerie_

3 months have passed ever since the S-Mage Trial Exam at Tenrou Island and since Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wen... More

Character Info.
Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh
Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey
Chapter 03 - Encounters
Chapter 04 - First Thoughts
Chapter 05 - A Nickname & Promises
Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection
Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories
Chapter 08 - Departure
Chapter 09 - Time Passed By
Chapter 10 - Accident
Chapter 11 - Search
Chapter 12 - Awaken
Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!
Chapter 14 - Greetings and Announcements
Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams
Chapter 16 - Reunited in Crocus
Chapter 17 - Worries
Chapter 19 - Defeat and Feelings
Chapter 20 - Emotional Outbursts
Chapter 21 - Flushed and Break-in
Chapter 22 - Crave and Despise
Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation
Chapter 24 - Mixed Feelings
Chapter 25 - Disappointment
Chapter 26 - Loss
Chapter 27 - Comfort
Chapter 28 - Pursue
Chapter 29 - A New Promise
Chapter 30 - Fight To The Finish
Chapter 31 - Perception
Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth
Chapter 33 - Meeting Darkness
Chapter 34 - Ideas and Getaway
Chapter 35 - The Uncertain Job
Chapter 36 - Preparation
Chapter 37 - Day Out With Sabertooth
Chapter 38 - Feast and A Helping Hand
Chapter 39 - Warm Embrace
Chapter 40 - Babysitting
Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion
Chapter 42 - Questions and Confession
Chapter 43 - Declaration
Chapter 44 - The Approach
Chapter 45 - Forgiveness
Chapter 46 - Small Visit
Chapter 47 - Abducted
Chapter 48 - Devastated
Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands
Chapter 50 - Suffering
Chapter 51 - Desire
Chapter 52 - Broken Walls
Chapter 53 - Enlightenment
Chapter 54 - Three Dragons VS Darkness
Chapter 55 - Betrayal
Chapter 56 - Vulnerable
Chapter 57 - Don't Forget Me
Epilogue - Final
A/N ~
A/N of Cover ! ~

Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony

11.4K 221 124
By mnerie_

Cynthia's POV

I woke up with a slight headache chewing on me. Groaning I looked up to what it looks like the ceiling? Wait. Wasn't I with Sting earlier? Where am I? And what on earthland happened to me?! Slightly panicking, I looked around the room to see another bed on my left and saw Wendy's figure along with Carla who was lying down beside her, making me to smile in relief. I'm glad they're getting rest and they seem to be okay. I gathered up my strength to sit up on the bed and look around the room. It was a decent size but comfy.

Wonder if the games started already and what time is it now? I was curious to know, so I swung my legs and placed them on the cold stone floor. I walked over to Wendy's bed placing a hand on her forehead. No fever or anything. That's good. I gazed over to my far right to see the door opening and it was Porlyusica. She was taken back when she saw me and walked inside without saying anything. It was too quiet in the room... Or it was more like awkward. I shifted awkwardly in my spot where I was standing next to Wendy's bed and I bit my lip.

"I see you're awake. How are you feeling?". Surprised at her soft tone, I looked up to see Porlyusica looking at me. I was expecting like a very gruff and angered tone but it appears not. Maybe she's in a good mood?

"I'm fine thanks. Just a little dizzy but I'll be okay." I smiled.

"I see... Do you remember anything earlier?"

"Yeah... I remember everything. Oh and do you where we are? And how I got here?"

"That's good. We are in the infirmary for Fairy Tail of the games arena and it was earlier when Levy, Droy and Jet who barged in here. You carried by Jet in his arms and you look liked you fainted but you seem to be fine now." She calmly said.

"Oh I see... Thanks! How long have I been out...?"

"You should actually thank the three of them. They were the ones who brought you here anyway, and not too long. Maybe four hours ago or so." She looked at me with her red alluring eyes.

"I will, and four hours or so?! Wow..." I mumbled.

"Hmph." She stared at me for quite some time. It felt like she was searching for something, I shifted uncomfortably under her gaze making my to sweat drop.

"Do you remember anything after the disappearance of everyone at Tenrou Island?" She looked at me curiously.

I thought about it. Long and hard. Everything seems to be a blur and I can't make out any of the images. I cringed trying to think back and gazed over to Porlyusica who was waiting for my answer.

"I honestly don't. Except for my accident that I fell off the cliff and being at the guild with everyone except Natsu and them..." I nervously croaked.

She didn't seem to be surprise but only nodded in my direction and back to Wendy. Again. It was awkward so I puffed my cheeks and went to sit on my bed. Porlyusica broke the silence about going out for a breather and to chat with someone. Soon she left the infirmary. I sighed. Man, it's kind of scary to be in a room with her since she hates humans but she isn't that bad at all. I chuckled at the thought. After a few moments later, the door swung open viewing Natsu and the others with looks of worry.

"Cynthia! Wendy!" The pink haired dragon slayer yelled. Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked up to see me waving at them. Boy did they look surprised.

"Uh, hey guys!" I smiled.

"You're okay!~" Happy flew over to me and hugged me. I patted his head in return.

"Yeah I'm fine but Wendy and Carla..." I sighed looking over to them.

"We're glad you're doing well!" Lucy walked up to me to give me a hug and I noticed Natsu to smile at me and I smiled in exchange while Lucy lets go of me.

"Thanks, but I'm more worried about these two.. They seem to be more critical than I was." By the time I said that, Wendy stirred up from her sleep and up towards us.

"Wendy!" Natsu said with worry.

"Natsu-san." she softly said turning her gaze over to the dragon slayer.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I'm sorry...I can't... really remember..." she flinched in pain.

Whoever did this to Wendy and Carla will pay. I will make them say sorry and punch the life out of them. They would regret on making a move against FairyTail.

"It seems she has magic deficiency disease." A new voice spoke up by the door and it appeared to be Porlyusica. Lucy questioned why she was here in Crocus but that was because she wanted to cheer them on and for Wendy. She was worried about her so she came over.

"Magic deficiency disease is when the sudden loss of a great deal of magic power causes all of the muscles to weaken. If she's allowed to rest for a while, she'll recover." Porlyusica explained the definition to us. That's an odd disease. I have never heard about that in my entire life until now. I kept gazing over to Wendy and she noticed me staring and gave a small smile.

"What happened?" Natsu asked her yet again.

"I don't really remember it clearly, but there was some kind of black animal..." Wendy explained trying to remember of the past occurrence that happened to her and her exceed. I heard her give a little gasp in horror and laid on her side covering herself from me and the others. She was crying. It pained me to see her like this. But a black animal creature... would it have to be that thing I noticed earlier on the light post when we came searching for her? It had to be. There was no other explanation. If I were to sense or see that animal again, I will make it pay. Making sure that it wouldn't cause any arm to any other people or within my guild.

"I'm sorry everyone...After all the training I did, I...I can't participate...Elfman-san....Please compete in my place." Wendy sniffled. Elfman was surprised at her granted permission for him to be in her spot at the games, but replaced it with confidence.

"Of course! Leave it to me!" he said.

I came up to her slowly and rested a hand on top of her hand lightly. "Wendy... don't be sorry. It's not your fault. Whoever did this will be made sure that they won't lay another finger on you again or on anyone else." I smiled gently at her.

"Arigato... Cynthia-chan..." she closed her eyes gently and squeezed them tight.

"Okay, everyone leave. She needs her rest now." Porlyusica said.

"Let's go. The only thing we can do right now is compete in the Grand Magic Games." Erza told the rest while turning her back from Wendy.

"But that's not all of it, right? We have to become Fiore's number one guild!" Happy interjected as they walked outside. I was left behind since Porlyusica wanted to ask me something. I looked over to her but heard crying from Wendy who was still laying on her side. I felt awful.

"Oh, quit crying. The Grand Magic Games is a festival that lasts seven days. If you recover, you should be able to take part. On my honor as the advising apothecary of FairyTail, I swear I'll cure you!" she said in a calming tone while she was on a table making some potions or antidotes. This time Wendy and I were staring at her.

"Thank you, Grandine." Wendy smiled with slight pink tinting on her cheeks.

"Don't call me by that name!" Porlyusica's tone changed with slight annoyance, but I stifled a laugh which made her to glare at me and I coughed to make a straight face.

"So uh... about what you wanted to ask me?" I asked.

"Drink this." she held out a little bottle of some sort of pink liquid without looking to me.

"This is for...?" I grabbed the bottle and stared at it intensely.

"It's for your headache, drink it and it'll make it go away." she continued to make an antidote for Wendy without glancing over to me. I stared at the bottle she handed and gave it a lot of thought. I was pretty much deciding if I should drink it or not but I almost dropped the bottle by a shout next to my ear.

"Drink it already!" she fumed at me.

I winced and without any other questions I drank the weird pink liquid and in a seconds later I felt my headache to disappear. Wow!

"This is pretty neat stuff! Thanks Porlyusica!" I chirped.She grunted to me a 'You're welcome, now hurry and get out or else you'll miss the opening ceremony.' she sighed while continuing to finish up Wendy's medicine. I nodded, not wanting to make her angry and to also leave for Wendy and Carla to have some rest. Oh man, this is so exciting! But at the same time I felt bad for Wendy and Carla who couldn't be able to watch the games. I sighed in disappointment. Probably I can tell them all about it later then! Hopefully they get better soon by tomorrow or the next! Walking down the corridor was pretty big but simple to find.

I walked up these stairs leading and hoping that it would be the seating area where the audience is, but it actually turned out to be FairyTail's private balcony. I noticed that everyone was here except for Team FairyTail A and B, obviously to come out to the arena to be announced. I walked up to the front and noticed everyone to be smiling at me. They all greeted me with happiness and that they were glad I was doing well and out from the infirmary. I stood beside Levy, Romeo and Master. Ahead of me was the huge arena with a huge fire pit and some cheerleaders cheering. My heart was pounding hard and fast, the excitement was overwhelming. I can't wait!

"I see you're doing fine Cynthia!" Master smiled over to me.

"Thanks! and I am glad to be fine!" I chuckled looking over to the arena. I noticed Levy who was staring at me with a grin, then it ran through my mind. Levy, Droy and Jet were the ones who helped me to get treatment. I walked over to her and gave a tight squeeze, she seemed to be surprised but hugged me back. On the corner of my eye I can see Droy and Jet looking at the both of us and I pulled back from Levy in my arms.

"Thank you Levy, Jet and Droy for taking me to the infirmary!" I beamed at the three.

"You're welcome! We are just glad that you're in good health!" Levy spoke.

"Yeah, we were all worried about you." Jet added in.

"Glamd you re'ained you hwalth!" Droy said while munching on his chicken drumstick.

"Thanks..." I sweat dropped and looked back to the applauding arena, waiting for the moment to arrive. Many balloons of different colors was ascended towards up the sky, there were ribbons being shot out and even fireworks! It was a fascinating sight to see. Leaning my elbows against the stoned railing of the balcony, I rested my head against the palms of both my my heads, waiting for it to begin. But I felt someone lean over to me and whispered in my ear.

"Cynthia-chan... to be honest you we aren't the only ones that you should be thanking for. There was someone else who brought you to us while you were unconscious... he found us walking around and told us to take care of you.." I heard Levy whisper softly. I gazed at her with confusion.

"Who would do that?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure who he is but if I see him I'll tell you." she grinned.

"Sure...?" I said while nodding at her. Something about this made me feel uneasy. The last thing I remembered was fainting in front of Sting, then I think I landed backwards but he caught me before I could even hit the ground? Then I stared up into his blue eyes and everything went black. No way! It couldn't be... could it? Sting carried me? I sighed in frustration and noticed Romeo and Levy staring at me.

"Are you okay Cynthia onee-chan?" Romeo asked worriedly.

"Uh! Yeah! I'm fine! Sorry haha..." I chuckled nervously while scratching the back of my neck. Both of them just nodded not wanting to push it any further.

"Okay, the players are about to take the field! Starting with the eighth-ranked team! Can they recapture their past glory?! The group whose name clashes with their rowdiness! Fairy Tail!" said Chapati who is the emcee for the games. I looked below to the arena and noticed that Natsu pounded his fist up in the air with an exchange of the audience booing at them. I frowned by the depressing cheers, this made me upset but all I could do right now is cheer for them on like there was no tomorrow.

"What?!" I heard Natsu yelled in shock.

"Let's start cheerin' 'em on!" Master shouted, who was standing on the edge of the balcony. I grinned in excitement and pounded my fist in the air being in sync with the others.

"You guys can do it! Do your best! Hooray! Fairy Tail!" I practically yelled bringing both of my hands to the sides of my mouth for more of a louder effect. Natsu and the rest looked towards me and were surprised that I was there cheering them on instead of being in bed.

"Cynthia! I thought you were still in bed resting?!" Natsu yelled.

I flashed a grin at him, giving a thumbs up. "I'm fine! Don't worry about me! Worry about the games and being Fiore's number one guild!" I waved.

"That's Cynthia for you!" Erza complimented.

"Man! Cynthia is a Man!" Elfman shouted making me to sweatdrop.

"I'm a girl! Not a man! Geez..." I muttered under my breath with Lisanna and Levy to sweatdrop. But Natsu and the others were smiling at our support and cheers for them, until their faces were in shock and I cocked an eyebrow at them wondering what they were surprised about. I followed their gaze to see everyone in Fairy Tail, staring at a young woman who was sitting on the balcony railing and cheering Fairy Tail. My eyes were huge like dinner plates and my mouth hanged low along with everyone else. Who is that?!

"Master Mavis!" Gramps said in shock. No way... Did Gramps just said Master Mavis? As in thee Mavis Vermillion?! The first Master of Fairy Tail? Oh man, I felt like I was going to faint again but I kept my posture. I looked over to her and she looked really young and pretty.

"I've come to show my support." she smiled at Gramps.

"You came..." says Gramps.

"It's fine! Only those bearing the guild's insignia can see me." Master Mavis said.

"I, uh, don't know if that's the issue..."

"After all, I've got nothing to do being cooped up on Tenroujima all the time." she replied with a smile. A familiar voice laughing caught my attention and saw that it was Natsu with his hands on his hips and his cheery bright laughter. The usual Natsu.

"Alright! Let's move on with the team that finished seventh, the hounds of hell, Quatro Cerberus!" Chapati announced. Quatro Cerberus? That's an odd name for a guild. But you know what they say! Don't judge a book by its cover! It seemed to be an all male-guild. That's interesting.

"In sixth place, the all-female guild, the dancing girls of the great deep, Mermaid Heel!" Chapati added. I noticed that all of the men behind me had their eyes shaped as hearts. Looks like they're head over heels. Haha, Mermaid Heel. Funny right? Ah who am I kidding. I sweatdropped at their reaction towards the all-female group. 'This is going to be fun... Yay~!' I thought with sarcasm.

The next guild up was Blue Pegasus, I noticed that the Trimen... Hibiki, Ren and Eve all looked at me and winked, giving chills down my spine. Not the good kind of chills but the chills that creep you out. Oh goodie... Soon the arena was clouded with colorful smoke and it appeared that it was Lamia Scale. I smiled at them and gave a small wave in which they too also returned one to me. Apparently there was a new girl named Cheria who is Sherry's cousin. She seemed nice and cute, reminds me of Wendy. Maybe they can be good friends later? Who knows.

"Gray. Don't forget that promise. If we win, Juvia joins our guild" I overheard Lyon speaking to him.

"I don't remember agreeing to that, but we ain't gonna lose to you people." Gray smirked.

I see. A competition for Juvia huh? That's cute. I'd like to see how it goes. I mentally laughed at myself. Ichiya went over to Erza which freaked her out, by him who was trying to sniff out her so called 'parfum'.

"Gross..." I mumbled at the thought.

To the other people... Meaning the Trimen, I saw Ren whose arm was around Lucy, Eve volunteered to choose Wendy but was surprised to see a huge Elfman instead, making me to giggle. The last one would be Hibiki who pointed towards Mermaid Heel and suggested that he could maybe join them. 'Womanizers...' I thought while placing my hand on my cheek and leaned against the railing for support.

"Next up, finishing third in the elimination round...Oh, my! This comes as a surprise! the first appearance of a guild, and in third place! The midnight mobile force, Raven Tail!" Chapati shouted through his microphone.

There was tension in the air that loomed over, it felt dark and eerie. I did not like it one bit. I got a bad vibe from these guys, and their guild name... It's the exact opposite of Fairy but instead, its named after a dark, evil bird... a Raven. I noticed that Gramps was scrunching his face in anger and frustration. He mentioned that it was a dark guild which caught me by surprise giving another glance at Raven Tail.

"You're lettin' a guild like that participate in the Grand Magic games?!" Gramps yelled in anger as he clenched his fist in the air and looked like he was about to fall off the balcony but Macao caught him in time before anything worse could happen. Gramps was grunting and looked like he wanted to pound that guild so bad, but didn't happen. Thankfully.

"According to the official record, Raven Tail has been around for more than seven years, but they've only recently been recognized as a legitimate guild." Chapati said while looking through a pile of paper that appeared to be the official record.

"Recognized by the Guild Federation, and not as a Dark guild, right?" Yajima added in.

"Damn you, Ivan... How dare you?! How did you manage that?!" I looked at Gramps who still held a fist and an irk mark appear on his bald head. So this Ivan person is his son? Laxus' father? Ivan does seem to appear on having a bad first impression and he didn't seem to be as bright as Gramps nor Laxus. I only glared at them and eyeing each of the members, but something or someone made me tense up. I could feel it. The same eerie feeling that was watching me, Lisanna and Happy while we were looking for Wendy and Carla. It had to be one of them! But who...?

"Fairy Tail... The girl was just by way of greeting." The one with a weird mask on that was gold and had feather-like around it. I tensed up when he said that. They were the ones who did this to Wendy and Carla! I narrowed my eyes at them in disgust. How could they! We barely did anything to them. I'll get them... Just you wait you damn Raven Tail. From afar, I can see a little weird like creature that's sitting on the shoulder of the guy with blue hair with a weird face. He grinned evilly... almost like a sadistic smile. He shape shifted his face into Wendy's and mocked her being unconscious. Why you little! I clenched my fists in anger.

"You guys did that to Wendy...I'll get you for that!" Natsu's tone was very pissed and veins started to pop out of his face.

'Natsu... you get them real good!' I thought. Anger still rising inside of me.

Breaking the tension which helped me to ease and relax a little, I heard Chapati's voice looming over the arena and when he said that there are two more teams left... And the only two that clicked in my mind was the group that Gramps set up... and Sabertooth that people said with rumors and acknowledged. Once again, I looked over to Gramps who had his arms crossed and had a smug grin and I sweatdropped but looked back to smile at the team who was about to appear.

"The second-place finisher... oh, this is a shocker! Will they become the soaring key with tattered wings? The unbelievable, improbable..." Chapati's voice rang. I gave a smirk at the guild sign being flashed in lightning. Meaning that it was the one and only... Laxus.

"Fairy Tail B Team!"

There they were! The team that Gramps made up and I saw Laxus, Mira, Gajeel, Juvia and Mystogan... who was actually Jellal. Not the one from Edolas but the earthland Jellal standing there either smirking or with a blank face. I smirked even more seeing the sight of my team that I was chosen to be as their secret weapon. Erza, Gray and Natsu were even more surprised that Jellal would be in it and disguised as Mystogan, but I already knew that he would be in it. Gramps had told me earlier and so did Jellal right before the games started.

"I didn't hear anything about that, Master!" Lucy whined from below who was looking at Gramps. In return, all he did was stand up laughing and stood proud in front of everyone. Along with everyone else was in the booth, cheering and laughing.

"Gotta hand it to Master..." I mumbled.

"Aye..." Happy agreed but did a dance.

"You see that?! That's Fairy Tail!" Master cheered and I cheered along with them but was interrupted when I saw Natsu running towards Gajeel and the others with anger. Oh boy. Hot headed Natsu is going to stir up somethings.

"Gimme a break!" Natsu roared, taking everyone's attention towards him and Fairy tail B Team.

"We may be in the same guild, but I go all out in a showdown an' show no mercy! You guys are competing as another team, so you're the enemy! I ain't gonna lose against you bastards!" he pointed towards them with a hint of frustration and anger.

Well there you have it. I puffed my cheeks at the sight,but at least he accepted them to join in on the games giving me a chance to join in as well whenever there needs a member change. There was one group left. Sabertooth. Sting's guild. The one who seems to be always chasing after me, caring about me and being all arrogant with that attitude of his. I wanted to teach him a lesson but deep down, I had this feeling that I need to talk to him... Though, that would be later after today's games and for now I need to focus on things much more important.

"Alright, we've just got one more team left to introduce! That's right, you know who it is! They're the strongest, invincible, indisputable champions! Sabertooth!" Chapati announced.

I rolled my eyes as I heard their name being spoken through the microphone and gazed over to see Sabertooth coming out of the arched entryway, who were now walking into the arena. Five people who came out proudly and a few with blank expressions, well actually the girl with light blue hair and if I recall earlier, the one with black hair is Rogue? but they all look like tough and strong opponents, which I am not going to lie about.

My eyes only focused on one person which I didn't mean too but I was unconsciously drawn to him. To Sting, who held up both of his fists in the air and had a cocky proud expression on his face. His muscles on his biceps were showing quite a lot and I couldn't help but blush. They looked so firm and strong...How come I never noticed this earlier? Well actually I did but damn! Does he work out a lot or what? Oh man! What was I thinking?! Snap out of it Cynthia! This is no time to be googling your eyes at him! He's the enemy right now!

I felt someone nudged me and looked to see Levy with a smirk on her face. This was not good. Not good at all. "Cynthia-chan! He's the one who brought you!" she said, her smirk still plastered on her face. I groaned at her remark and facepalmed myself. I guess I really do have to talk to him later after today's games.

"So here you are, huh?" I heard Natsu and looked to see that he was glaring at Sting.

"Let's have a good time, Natsu-san!" Sting said with his usual cocky tone and pointed his index finger up in front of his face, waving it. I huffed out of annoyance but Levy commented on something towards me that made me blush.

"He's pretty good looking you know... I think that you and him would make a cute couple! I saw the way he looked at you while you were in his arms asleep when he came to us....But one things for sure is that he needs to get rid of that horrible attitude of his." Levy said while grinning at me.

"Levy!" I whined.

"What? I'm just stating the truth!" she waved her hands in defense.

"Uh huh... Well then, I think you and Gajeel-san need some catching up to do. Oh and you know..." I lifted my thumb and index finger to rest it under my chin. "You two would also make a great couple as well! Don't you think?" I winked at her, and soon a smirk was planted on my face. Levy's cheeks turned slight red and puffed her cheeks in annoyance.

"Cy-Cynthia-chan!" she whined.

"Oi, I'm just stating the truth! Missy." I mocked her words and laughed.

But I stopped my laughter quickly by feeling someone's eyes on me. I already knew who it was, I think... but I might as well see who. I turned to see Sting staring at me with those blue eyes of his, locking his gaze with my purple ones. We stared at each other for a few minutes that seemed like hours! But he broke off the moment with that smirk of his then followed by a wink. I turned even more red and looked away.

"He likeeeeees her!" I heard Happy rolled his tongue with his paws on mouth trying to stifle a laugh.

"Shut up!" I yelled with my blush turning more red than ever and Levy and Lisanna were giggling like two school girls. 'Just what I need...' I mentally said in my thoughts, dripping those words in sarcasm.

The ground in the arena shook that swept my attention to it and saw a huge rock pillar in a shape of a rectangle being pulled out of the ground. It had words and numbers scripted onto like its an ancient tablet or something. So to cut if off short, there is going to be a battle everyday for the games which is most obvious, and the points are divided by the teams according on the rank from the elimination round and later on it would change depending on whose first, second, third and on going.

For every competition, each team are suppose to only select one member per group to partake in the event. Then for battle, the results would be based off of fan votes that would be taken in for consideration and sponsors would make the pairings. Which I thought it was really unfair of them to decided for the team themselves. But there was nothing to do about it and stick with what they said.

If a team gets first places will get 10 points but if your last place you would get no points at all. Which made a lot of sense. There can be a tie of two teams with the 10 being split in half with 5-5. The first game that was mentioned was called Hidden. It sounds like a hide and seek kind of game but I'll see with what is really is.

"One person from each team will compete. I'll explain the rules of the game after all of the players are on the field." Chapati said. Well great! I wanted to know what it is but I have to wait to find out.

After a few minutes have passed, the members who are participating have finally been issued. There was Yeager from Quatro Cerberus, Beth Vanderwood from Mermaid Heel, Nalpudding... One of the members of Raven Tail. I looked at them with disgust. Eve from Blue Pegasus volunteered to join in, Sabertooth's Rufus participated which I hear from many girls screaming for him. I don't understand why... He just wasn't much of a sight to see... No offense to him or anything. Next one to step in, was Lyon from Lamia Scale, then Gray for Fairy Tail A Team and Juvia from B Team who wanted to participate since Gray was in it. I hope she knows that she's there for a game and not for Gray... I mentally sighed.

All eight competitors step out into the field leaving the rest of their guild members behind who went back to their team booths. Soon the field was filled with many buildings like a city or a smaller town though. It appeared that everyone got separated from each other and the whole town was filled with many copies of the eight participants. Pretty much they had to find each other and knock each other out to gain points.

So in other words, hide and seek but with fighting without any restrictions. The person who attacks another person would get one point but if they hit a clone, that would minus their points. Sounds simple but something about this gave me a bad feeling. Juvia was overwhelmed by so many clones of Gray and without remembering that she was in a game, she hugged a clone of him thus it would minus the teams points. Way to go Juvia... I sweat dropped.

The game was hectic but one thing that made me upset was the fact that Nalpudding from Raven Tail was always picking on Gray for no damn reason. What the heck was this guy's problem?! But soon after, Gray and that Nalpudding guy were out of sight from each other and instead Gray and Lyon ran into each other fighting for Juvia. And speaking of the devil... Juvia jumped from the building and kicked Lyon out of her way. A few moments later Juvia explained Master's plan and her promise to Master about being in B Team in which Gray spazzed out through the lacrima.

"Hey, Gramps! I didn't hear anything about this! That local rule applies to us too, doesn't it?!" Gray screeched with a vein popping out.

"Now that you mention it, I've never heard anything like this either Gramps..." I smiled innocently to him, in which he sweatdropped and brought out his hands in defense.

"O-of course." he stuttered, sweat beads forming on his face. Giggling at his reaction, I felt a pair of eyes staring at me again and I already knew who it was. Sting, of Sabertooth. I sighed in annoyance and turned to face him who was standing in his booth opposite from our guild's.

He had that smile on his face... not that smirk's that he usually does or have a playful smile... But it was a soft and genuine smile. My heart was racing fast and I felt myself blushing, which only made him to grin wider. I looked away from his gaze, but I could still feel that he locked his stare onto me. It was slightly uncomfortable but I ignored it and looked back to watch the games, trying to avoid his face.

By the end of the game, it was already time's up and that Nalpudding guy, faced Gray again also that Rufus dude who was from Sabertooth. It bothered me and my instincts were right. Gray couldn't even lay a hand on him but was backfired by Nalpudding's attacks. It worried me so I walked out of the booth where my guild was and made my way towards Fairy Tail A Team's booth, running and trying to catch up before he could even dismiss himself.

I could hear Chapati's voice echoing through the halls of the arena and heard that Sabertooth was in the lead and in second place was Raven's Tail, leaving Fairy Tail A in last place with the points of zero. It wasn't a great start but there are many games that we could win. Soon I was already there, walking down the corridor and out the entryway making Natsu, Erza, Lucy and Elfman to gaze at me with surprise.

"W-what are you doing here?" Natsu asked.

"Just trying to cheer up one of my fellow comrades..." I smiled softly and walked out towards Gray who seemed to be very disappointed and upset that he even had a shadow casted on his face with his bangs covering his eyes.

"Gray...?" I asked softly touching his arm. But instead of saying anything to me, he patted me on the head and walked away, making me to wince. All of a sudden there were many shouts and booing from the crowd, talking bad and rude comments about FairyTail. Natsu came up and stood near Gray with anger shouting towards everyone. This was not good. And I had to stop him before anything else would happen. I even noticed Erza and Elfman were right behind me.

"What's so funny, asshole?!" He barked at the crowd.

"Natsu, it's okay...We'll make them take back their words at the end of the games when we win!" I grabbed his wrist in my hand and gave a tight squeeze to make him calm down. He was still growling at the audience and slowly lowered himself.

"Enough." Erza laid her hand on his shoulder as I gently let go of his wrist, letting it to fall to his side.

"If they wanna laugh, let'em." Elfman said while glaring at the people and Erza walked back with Lucy to the booth.

Natsu turned to look at me and gave me a small smile, then held my hand that was once placed on his wrist while we walked back to their booth. Someone's eyes were on me again giving me chills down my spine. I didn't dare to look back but I already knew who it was, so I kept my gaze on the path walking with Natsu by my side. Once we reached at the place, I let go of his hand and ran to try and find Gray who pounded his fist on the wall. I felt like I should do something about it but I didn't know what. I walked up to him again and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Gray..." he looked up to me slowly with his cold stare.

"You did great... I understand how you feel but we will get them back. There are plenty of games left that you can have a chance to beat their asses." I softly said. His stare was still cold with anger making me to flinch which he noticed and laid his hand on top of my head.

"Sorry... but thanks. I think I need alone time for now Cynthia..." he mumbled under his breath and walked away, leaving me to stand in the hall. Sighing of not trying to be that helpful, I made my way back to the booth where the rest of Fairy Tail was and stood beside Levy and Happy.

"Cynthia-chan...Are you okay?" Happy hugged my arm.

"I'm fine but someone isn't..." I sighed but looked back to the arena where Chapati announced the next battle.

The stare from earlier was still gazing over to me. Why does he keep staring at me? I'm getting slightly annoyed. I'll just get this over with and stare at him for a few seconds. I scrunched my face a little and looked over to the person who was staring at me. He looked mad... no pissed. But for what? I'm not sure. I cocked my head to the side and arched an eyebrow at him which made him to clench his fists. Okay... I don't know what the heck was wrong with him. Guess I still need to talk to him later anyways.

I noticed a few more pair of eyes staring at me and saw that it was Rogue and the exceeds, Lector and Frosch. Lector gave me a worried look while Frosch gave me a small wave. Then there was Rogue who gave me a blank face which I sweatdropped.

"And now we continue to the battle part. A member from each team will fight in a single match. This isn't a tournament." Chapati announced taking my gaze away from the Sabertooth members.

"And the sponsors decide the pairings, right?" Jenny of Blue Pegasus asked.

"I just hope the match-ups are interesting." Yajima smiled.

Chapati just announced that the first match of today was going to be Lucy who will be versing Flare from Raven Tail. My gut was telling me another bad feeling from this match. Let's just hope it's not true. 'Lucy! You can do it!' I thought while looking towards the two female contestants who went into the field and in a few minutes later. The match begun.

--

What do you think?! Slight shipping of Natsu and Cynthia when its suppose to be Sting! Maybe a love triangle will happen?!?! ;D
I even put up some GaLe c:
Thank you guys so much for the reads! I've reached 2k after 5 chapters! Omg. I love you all so much! >o<

More chapters to come! *-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 25 16
Have you ever wondered what might have happened during the time period from when fairy tail defeated Acnologia to the day when Team Natsu set out to...
4.2K 72 22
They are getting married. It wasn't really a surprise to anyone. Everyone knew they liked each other. Natsu always clung to her, hung out with her. H...
356K 6.5K 120
#1 in the Gray Fullbuster tag August 13 ♡ Gray x OC I was just bored and I like fairy tail so I made this. This is based off the anime and more on f...
85.2K 1.5K 24
Lucy has been ignored by the guild for a month ever since lisanna came back. Even Natsu Ignores her, he is always with lisanna. The only ones who did...