Don't Forget Me. Sting x OC...

By mnerie_

3 months have passed ever since the S-Mage Trial Exam at Tenrou Island and since Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wen... More

Character Info.
Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh
Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey
Chapter 03 - Encounters
Chapter 04 - First Thoughts
Chapter 05 - A Nickname & Promises
Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection
Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories
Chapter 08 - Departure
Chapter 09 - Time Passed By
Chapter 10 - Accident
Chapter 11 - Search
Chapter 12 - Awaken
Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!
Chapter 14 - Greetings and Announcements
Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams
Chapter 16 - Reunited in Crocus
Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony
Chapter 19 - Defeat and Feelings
Chapter 20 - Emotional Outbursts
Chapter 21 - Flushed and Break-in
Chapter 22 - Crave and Despise
Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation
Chapter 24 - Mixed Feelings
Chapter 25 - Disappointment
Chapter 26 - Loss
Chapter 27 - Comfort
Chapter 28 - Pursue
Chapter 29 - A New Promise
Chapter 30 - Fight To The Finish
Chapter 31 - Perception
Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth
Chapter 33 - Meeting Darkness
Chapter 34 - Ideas and Getaway
Chapter 35 - The Uncertain Job
Chapter 36 - Preparation
Chapter 37 - Day Out With Sabertooth
Chapter 38 - Feast and A Helping Hand
Chapter 39 - Warm Embrace
Chapter 40 - Babysitting
Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion
Chapter 42 - Questions and Confession
Chapter 43 - Declaration
Chapter 44 - The Approach
Chapter 45 - Forgiveness
Chapter 46 - Small Visit
Chapter 47 - Abducted
Chapter 48 - Devastated
Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands
Chapter 50 - Suffering
Chapter 51 - Desire
Chapter 52 - Broken Walls
Chapter 53 - Enlightenment
Chapter 54 - Three Dragons VS Darkness
Chapter 55 - Betrayal
Chapter 56 - Vulnerable
Chapter 57 - Don't Forget Me
Epilogue - Final
A/N ~
A/N of Cover ! ~

Chapter 17 - Worries

12.8K 234 65
By mnerie_

Felt like posting another chapter. So here you go!

Next chapter will be coming soon. .

Oh and this is another long chapter! Happy reading c:

—————

Cynthia's POV

"Cynthia where have you been?" a hot headed Erza glared over to me while I took a seat beside Gray, who looked at me worriedly along with Natsu and Lucy. I gulped thickly and sweat dropped, feeling her glare to hardened even more. There were two minutes left until midnight. Better late than never. 

"I- uh... can explain?" I scratched my cheek nervously.

"Then can you care to explain?" she raised an eyebrow at me.

"... I got held up by someone a-and..." I stuttered trying to speak up.

"And?" 

"A-and...I-I sort of got lost coming here..." I gulped.

"Hmph. You got lost? I thought you knew where it was..."

"G-gomen..." I hung my head to stare at my lap and fidgeted with my shirt.

"At least you're safe and back. That's what matters." she sighed while she placed a hand on my head. I looked around the room to only noticed that there was only the four of them for Team FairyTail and one minute left till midnight. 

"Hey you guys... Where's Wendy-chan...?" I asked while Erza removed her hand from my head.

"We've been meaning to ask you that." Lucy said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well since we got back before you showed up, we were also wondering where she went. Hoping if you've seen her on your way back..." Gray said looking at me.

"No sorry, I didn't see her." I apologetically said.  

The door swung open to see that it was Lisanna and Elfman carrying a few snacks and drinks with them. I gave a small wave at them.

"Hey! We brought treats!" Elfman smiled.

"Tomorrow's the big day!" Lisanna said. 

"Elfman! Lisanna!" Gray spoke.

Natsu walked up to them with an hand resting on his waist. "Are you guys gonna watch the Grand Magic Games, too?!"

"Yeah. To be honest, I wanted to be in it myself and show off for Lisanna and Nee-chan,but giving up is also a Man!" Elfman answered. I sweatdropped.

"Good timing. Can I ask you a favor?" Erza turned to Lisanna who was walking up to a table, before placing the bag full of treats down.

"What is it?" Lisanna asked.

"Actually, Wendy hasn't come back to the inn yet." 

"And we're apparently not supposed to do anything until after midnight." Gray added in.

I felt a pit drop in my stomach. I sensed something bad was going to happen and it worried me where Wendy and Carla went or what might've happened to them. 

"Is something going to happen at midnight?" Lisanna asked.

"I don't really know, but there's a rule that says we have to be here by midnight." Gray said.

"Don't you guys find it suspicious on why you should be back by midnight?" I said to them while holding my chin on my thumb. 

"That's what I thought as well..." Erza looked over to me.

"And I say that, I noticed it is midnight now..." Gray mentioned while we all looked towards the grandfather clock in the room.

"What's gonna happen?!" says Natsu.

"Everyone in the guilds who have gathered together for the Grand Magic Games...Good morning!" a voice spoke.

"Outside?!" Erza said. 

I ran over to the balcony where everyone else had followed me behind. I looked up to see a huge hologram of a pumpkin midget man? Looked creepy but he held a huge grin. It was weird maybe he was a mascot for the games? I wasn't entirely sure but there was something off. 

"What the hell is that?! It's huge!" Natsu shouted. 

"A three-dimensional image!" Lucy said.

"A pumpkin!" says Happy.

"Beginning now, we're going to take the 113 participating teams and have an elimination round to pare them down to eight!" the pumpkin announced.

"Elimination round?!" Gray looked uncertain of what was happening.

"I knew it. I had a bad feeling about this and I was right." I quietly whispered, making everyone to turn to me.

"We didn't hear about this!" Erza shouted.

"Every year, the number of participating guilds increases and it was pointed out that the events were getting stale. This year, there will be only eight teams competing in the official games." the pumpkin said as he did a little dance. I felt annoyed of him already, but it made sense that the games would sooner or later countdown to the top teams. Sounds interesting.

"The elimination rules are simple!" he pointed out.

All of sudden I felt the ground shake. No wait. More like the inn was moving by itself! I hung onto the railing that was sitting on top of the balcony trying to hold my balance. Along with everyone they tried to keep their balance to stand steadily and not fall off. Except for Natsu who was already on the ground covering his mouth with both of his hands trying to not vomit. There goes his motion sickness.

"What the...?!" Gray screeched.

"The inn is moving by itself!" I exclaimed while clinging onto the railing , making my grip tighter for support.  

"The inn is transforming!" Erza said.

"Everyone! Look ahead!" I yelled while pointing towards the city.

"It's the same with the other inns!" Gray ended for me.

The pumpkin man told us the rest of the rules that are implied during this elimination round. Basically every guild has to race each other and that the goal is to reach the Games arena called the Domus Flau. At the end, there can be only the top eight teams to enter the games later for today and can go on. 

During this round everyone is free to use any type of magic, practically you can use anything to pass through this round and get to the finish. One rule stood out stood out to me. All five members must arrive together at the finish line or else it won't count. That got me worried since Wendy wasn't present. The last rule the he announced was that they won't take any responsibility for any lives or the injured in the labyrinth. More like the Sky Labyrinth. Soon the race began.

"Wendy isn't back yet." Erza said as she looked at her three teammates.

"Oh, that's right!" A shocked Lucy said.

"Wendy!" Natsu cried.

"Then what are we gonna do?!" Gray asked while staring at everyone.It was quiet for a few minutes until we heard Lucy said something that completely caught me off guard.

"How about Cynthia-chan?!" Lucy suggested. 

I was shocked at her sudden suggestion. Sure I wanted to join with them but as much as I wanted to... but remembering what Master told me about my role, I would be a replacement and a secret weapon to Team FairyTail B. Looking behind us I noticed Elfman whose face portrayed depression and disappointment at Lucy's outburst. He stared at the floor while clenching his hands into fists. I felt bad and he wanted to join in as much as I wanted to. So I thought of something that would be fair to the both of us.

"I would love to! But I'm not really in the mood for uh... running..." I said coming up a lie.

"What kind of excuse is that!?", Natsu went over to me and poked my forehead.

"W-well.. Maybe Elfman can take Wendy's place instead? Besides... I'll help Lisanna to look for Wendy-chan and Carla! I'm worried about them."  Trying to prove my point to them which they didn't obliged to.

"Are you sure Cynthia?" Elfman looked up to me with shock. 

"I am really sure! Besides you said you wanted to show off in front of Lisanna-chan and your older sister, ne?" I smiled. 

"Thank you Cynthia! You're a real man!" he shouted.

"Uh actually a woman... but you're welcome", I chuckled as a sweat drop appeared on my forehead.

"Member change!" he yelled as he picked up the four members running towards the Sky Labyrinth. 

"What superhuman strength!" Happy commented.

"Can't say anything wrong about that, Happy! It's amazing!" I stared in awe as he dashed with his the four in his arms. 

"Elf-nii-chan!" Lisanna yelled.

"Cynthia, Lisanna, Happy!" Erza looked back at us in Elfman's arms.

"What is it, Erza?!" Lisanna shouted.

"Search for Wendy and Carla!"

"Leave it to us!" I shouted back with confidence.

"Good luck, everyone!" Happy cheered.

I looked towards Happy and Lisanna watching them in cheers, but they turned towards me and waited for my instructions.

"Let's go!" "Hai!" they both replied.

As we were running down the stairs in the inn and heading out towards the door, I just hoped that the two of them were safe. Anyone who dares to hurt them in any way, I will kick their asses. I hope I just get there in time. Thinking of what may be easier for our search, I stopped in my tracks to face Lisanna and Happy who stared at me with confusion.

"Lisanna, Happy! Both of you go to the others and report to them. I'll give a head start to look for her, that way it'll be easier!" I shouted before we parted ways.

"Aye sir!". Happy shouted as he flew away with Lisanna running by his side.

'Wendy-chan. Carla. Please be okay! I'm coming!' I thought as I ran, while searching throughout Crocus.

——

My throat felt dry and scratchy. I've been running around Crocus for a few hours now and still no sign of Wendy or Carla. Worry started to surge within me. I felt sweat beads forming against my forehead, my body heated up more than my normal temperature. Running around felt like forever! I can feel my legs going weak and was on the verge of collapsing but I didn't stop just yet. I can't give up just yet.

Slowly feeling my legs like jello, I went to the nearest building I can find and leaned against the wall for support. Taking a break right now wouldn't be that bad. I bet Lisanna and Happy already contacted everyone about the missing two which relieved me.

I brought my hand to wipe off the sweat forming on my forehead with the back of my hand and hear screaming from above. Confused at whoever was screaming, I looked up to see the Sky Labyrinth flashing some sort of lightning, smoke was coming out the sides and people were falling?! What in the world is happening?! I jumped from where I was standing and stood on top of a roof to get a closer look. Slowly looking at the labyrinth closely, I noticed that it was spinning? or it flipped upside down...? I wasn't too sure but I hope that everyone is okay! All I can do right now is believe in them and search for Wendy and Carla.

Taking one last glimpse to where everyone was held up in the sky, I looked at the view of Crocus, my eyes wandering where Wendy and Carla could be located at. I've marked places that I've already searched into, but the pace was just too big! 'Come one Cynthia! Think like Wendy... where she could for sightseeing...?' I thought. In a matter of seconds, a light bulb struck into my thoughts. I got it! I jumped from the rooftop and landed on to the ground pavement and started to run to the location. Until I accidentally ran into someone and landed on my butt.

"Kyah!" it squealed.  

"Ouchie.." I whined while I got up from the ground and rubbed my butt.

"Are you okay?" another voice said.

"I'm fine, thanks!"

The voices seemed familiar to me so I looked over, wondering who I accidentally bumped into and saw that it was Lisanna who sat up and rubbed her head.

"Ahh! Sorry Lisanna! I didn't see you there!" I reached out my hand towards her and she grabbed it while pulling herself up the ground.

"It's okay. Did you find any luck?" she asked.

"No... No sign..." I said sadly. In return to frowned, but I just remembered something.

"B-but! I think I know where they might be!" I held onto her hands and gave her a look of determination. Her face light up and gently squeezed on my hands.

"You do?! Where?!"

"I'm thinking the Kingdom of Fiore... They could be there for sightseeing! So we might as well try! Did you contact everyone?"

"Really? and yes I have contacted them! They're already on a search as we speak." Lisanna says while staring towards the castle.

"Now that you mention it...Carla said she was going to sightseeing spots with Wendy..." Happy muttered as he flew over to me.

"Then Cynthia! You were right!" she beamed.

"Haha, just thought I had to think like Wendy.." I scratched my cheek.

"You're smart! I'll contact Warren and the others!" Lisanna held up two fingers and placed it on top of her forehead as we started running towards the castle.

"I hope they're okay!" Happy said worriedly.

"Me too... Let's hope for the best." I murmured while looking straight ahead on the path.

After a few minutes later, we arrived at the front gate of the castle, noticing two figures at each staircase entrance. I'm guessing they're the royal guards? Lisanna and Happy were staring in awe at the castle but I didn't even thought about glancing at it... Yet. My mind right now was focused on Wendy and Carla.

"This is the palace of the King of Fiore?" Lisanna said, eyeing up and down at the castle.

"The Flower Light Palace, Mercurius..." Happy said.

"This is my first time seeing it." Lisanna admired.

"Me too" Happy agreed.

"Oi you two. Don't forget our purpose here. We are here to look for Wendy and Carla not sightseeing the palace, sillies. We can admire it later! But for now we need to focus before Natsu and the others finish!" Making my way towards the entrance, I was stopped by the guards who crossed their spears together blocking my path... Obviously.

"Hey, you young lady and... You two!" One of the two guards spoke while gazing at Lisanna and Happy who walked up beside me.

"What are you doing here at this time of night?!" The other guard said.

"Sorry for intruding but its something really important." I answered them politely.

"Actually, someone from our guild who was meant to participate in the elimination round of the Grand Magic Games has gone missing." Lisanna backed me up.

"We looked all over Crocus. This is the last place we haven't checked." Happy assured them.

"Yeah, we are really sorry to bother you but that someone is very important to us... And I don't know what I would do if we can't find her. Just this one time... Please let us have a look!" I begged, making sure that they allow us to pass through.

I noticed one of the guards whispered something into his comrades ear. Hoping that would let us pass I crossed my fingers behind my back. Waiting for them to answer.

"You can look in the courtyard." One said.

"We can go in?!" Happy exclaimed.

"Really?! Thank you so much!" I beamed and walked right past them with Lisanna and Happy by my side searching throughout the courtyard maze. Lisanna telepathically told Warren about our current state and where we were so that he can inform the others as well.

"I'm surprised they let us in, you know?" Happy started the conversation.

"Me neither but I'm not going to complain." I grinned at him.

"The garden is for sightseeing." Lisanna said.

"We should split up and look for clues! That way it'll be easier for us to scatter and search in for some places that we may not notice." I said.

"Yeah. Cynthia-chan is right. Let's split up here." Happy chimed as we were blocked by the maze bush. We split up and I tried to search in every corner and turn but I didn't see anything. I sighed in disappointment. Where are you two?! A loud noise was coming from the sky and it appeared to be the pumpkin mascot man again.

"So, our eight teams are all present! Sky Labyrinth, the elimination round of the Grand Magic Games, is over!"

I wonder if Team FairyTail A and B passed. But I am pretty confident that they passed! I'm sure of it! They aren't the type who would give up.

"Which guilds are going to participate in the real Games? You'll find out at the opening ceremony!" He said while breaking my thoughts.

"Way to go for the curiosity...and it's already finished for the elimination round huh?" I sighed.

Forgetting about what the pumpkin head announced, I was back on my search looking for anything that could lead me to them. Probably Lisanna or Happy found clues, and at that moment I heard someone calling my name. Well speak of the devil! I ran towards the voice calling out and turned into a corner to see both Lisanna and Happy. They're faces were filled with anxiety and almost terrified...?

"Hey you guys! Did you find something?!" I ran up to them and looked in their direction. On the side of the trail it was Wendy's bag that she brought with her on our way here to Crocus. It can't be!

"Where's Carla? Where's Wendy?" Happy said worriedly. Lisanna crouched down to grab the bag and looked over to him.

"Calm down. Let's look for them around here." She comforted him.

"Lisanna is right Happy. We'll find them! Don't worry." Giving him a calm tone but I could feel a presence near us. I looked around our surroundings and looked up at the light post that was the shape of a flower. Giving an intense stare at it, I could no longer feel the presence anymore. It felt dark, eerie and evil. Goosebumps were forming on my skin and sending shivers down my spine.

"Come on" Lisanna said breaking my thoughts.

"Aye." Happy answered.

Looks like both Lisanna and Happy didn't notice me looking up at the light post. I was sort of glad because of whatever it was or who was staring at us, I didn't want them to cause anymore harm to any of us. I followed Lisanna and on the ground we found Wendy and Carla! However... They were unconscious. Lisanna contacted Warren about their state and I looked over to them with worry, clenching my fists until my knuckles turned white. Whoever did this to them... Will pay dearly.

"It doesn't look like she's injured, but it's strange... I hardly sense any magic power from Wendy." Lisanna spoke while she held onto Wendy in her arms.

"It's the same with Carla! What should we do?!" Happy cried.

"My healing magic isn't that strong as much as Wendy's but we have to wait for the others to come and help us... Don't worry, they will be okay! I'm sure of it." I tried to comfort them but my voice was cracky. They stared at me with the same pain that I was feeling. I noticed that Wendy stirred up and looked up at Lisanna in her arms. Her eyes looked so dull... Life less... Not much excitement as she would usually have in her brown soft eyes.

"Wendy! What happened?!" Happy asked.

Wendy shook in fear. She use the back of her hands to cover her face slightly and shook her head from side to side and mumbled saying no. I felt weak in front of Wendy. Someone did this to her. It made me sick in the stomach to see her like this.

"Wendy, it's me! It's Lisanna! Do you remember me?!"

"I'm here to! Along with Cynthia-chan!" Happy added looking over to her.

"I'm here Wendy-chan! Please hold on!" I said while taking one of her hands in nine and squeezed it gently for comfort.

"Happy... Lisanna-san... Cynthia-chan...what happened...to me...?" She mumbled slowly.

"You tell us! What happened?!" says Happy.

"We were..." She started but then passed out in Lisanna's arms.

"Wendy-chan!" I cried, her hand still in mine.

"They will pay.."

"Cynthia-chan...?" Lisanna and Happy looked over to me.

"Whoever did this to them, are already enemies with me...and with Fairy Tail. I'll make sure that they've messed with the wrong guild." I said looking up at the sky, not wanting to face them.

———-

After Warren and the others came to our rescue search to find Wendy and Carla. They immediately carried them and took them back to head towards the infirmary room for Fairy Tail so they could get treated on. I, on the other hand, didn't follow the rest. Instead I decided to go on a walk to clear things off of my mind.

Many thoughts rummaged through my head about the events that happened earlier with Wendy and Carla. Would it have to be that strange and mysterious presence I felt while I was in the courtyard looking for clues? I'm not sure. I hope Wendy would be able to tell us later when she feels better. Sighing I kept my stare down at the ground and bumped into something or more like a ... Someone. I looked up to see someone with blonde hair smirking at me. That blonde was no other than Sting. Looks like he was alone and his fellow friends weren't with him.

"Oh sorry..." I mumbled walking right past him, not wanting to talk with him at the moment, but I was held back by a soft grip on my wrist. I looked back expecting the blonde to be smirking but instead Sting's blue eyes were filled with worry.

"Cee-chan? What's wrong? Did something happen to you?" He asked me softly. His voice was like silky velvet, it was smooth and comforting.

"It's nothing..." I muttered trying to escape from his grip but he only held it tighter.

"Liar. I know when something is up with you... and I know you may not... trust me at the moment and that you forgot about me for no reason, which I have no idea why. But would you mind telling me what's going on...?" He asked sternly but with softness in his tone.

"I don't want to talk about it...", keeping my gaze away from him, which made him slightly annoyed.

"Come on Cee-chan! Please? I just want to help you..." He smiled weakly.

"No thanks, besides I can't talk to you. I'm in Fairy Tail and you're in Sabertooth. We're rivals. I-I don't want you to get in trouble because of m-me..." I shyly said at the last comment. He didn't seem to notice but rolled his eyes.

"I don't care about that right now. I care about what's bothering you and how I can stop it." He stared at me as I still kept my gaze away from him.

"You care about what's bothering me? Why on earth would you do that? We're not friends but enemies." I stated with slight anger. Sting looked hurt and surprised at my comment. He doesn't need to be concerned about me. It's not like I knew him anyways. But something in my heart is telling me to stop. Telling me to let Sting in. To let him be my comfort, to accept him... I don't know why but it's bothering me.

"We're enemies you say...? I don't believe on what you said. Sure we are enemies for now. But that's only because we are in different guilds. That doesn't change the fact that we've been best friends since childhood. Since we've met 7 years ago. You might have changed a slight bit Cynthia Adara, which I have always questioned why. But I will make you remember and deep down within you... I know, you know me and that you will come to me." His gaze was intense on me and I flinched slightly when he said my full name. He knew my full name?! But how... I didn't even introduce to him fully but somehow I would already know this.

"Sting...Why are you sa-." I couldn't finish my sentence. My vision got blurry, my legs were growing weak which resulted me to fall backwards but was held in the arms of Sting. I looked over to him, his eyes filled with worry and slight panic.

"Oi! Cee-chan?! What's wrong?! Are you okay?" He cried trying to comfort me. As I was about to speak... my vision of Sting was too blurry for me to even comprehend, it looked like there were three Sting's at once staring at me. My head was throbbing in pain, my body ached and I couldn't handle it anymore, it was all too much to handle! Why was this happening to me?!? I was trying to look around but my surroundings were corrupted and turned into pitch black.

———-

Sting's POV

The games were finally starting in a few more hours and I couldn't wait since Natsu-san will be participating! This makes it even more fun! We just won the the elimination round in first place. Hmph. Obviously we would win. That's Sabertooth for you.

I told Rogue to watch my back at the inn and for him to take care of Lector for me since I felt like going out for a walk for a bit by myself. My mind was still running through with images of Cynthia's and my encounter with her earlier before midnight. I couldn't believe that she was alive and well. That me really happy. But one thing that made me upset and confused was how she didn't remember me or the others. It bothered me. Did she not want to remember us? Was she brainwashed by FairyTail? And in the first place how was she in FairyTail?! She never told me about this. I was upset that she lied to me.

But I did know for a fact that our promise for each other came true. I've finally found her after all of these three years. Lector and the other two were really happy that we found her but she just doesn't remember us! It didn't make any sense at all. I clenched my fists in frustration while walking around. Good thing there were no people outside at the moment.

My thoughts were broken by a voice in the air and turned out to be the weird pumpkin person. He announced that the elimination round was over and the top eight teams would be announced later in the opening ceremony for the games. Sabertooth was number one, alright. I smirked at the thought. This would make me get stronger and show off my skills to Lector, Natsu-san and even a forgetful Cynthia. 

But thinking back, I remembered the way how Natsu-san held onto Cynthia's wrist and I noticed her to wince when he made his grip tighter. That made me angry, he was hurting her. My best friend! I will make sure he won't touch her like that again! She looked like she was trying to muster up the pain and once he left his grip on her, I noticed a slight bruise on her wrist, her soft skin being ruined by him.

Thinking about her made me realize that she was still the same but older and more mature in appearance. Her mid-length beach sand hair was longer that reached until her waist but were still held in the same two small pigtails as she wore when she was younger and her soft locks of hair were hung over her forehead. Her eyes were even more beautiful and looked like crystals. Even her body now, was presented by curves, shaped like an hourglass and I noticed a lavender Fairy Tail guild mark on the right side of her hip.. Her legs were slim and long, and she seems to have a height up until my chin. I would still consider her tiny, just like I tried to make up a nickname for her when we were younger...'Mushroom'. The thought of this gave me a slight chuckle.

One thing that wasn't tiny about her was her uh... Chest... They grew larger ... Ahem. 'Which I shouldn't focus on....Sting stop it! This is your bestfriend you're thinking about!' I scolded myself in my thoughts. I felt the heat rise up my cheeks and tried to forget about it. But all in all... she became a beautiful lady. Which I am not gonna lie about that.

Her face appeared in my thoughts over and over again. Looking back at the time when I saw her earlier with Natsu-san, I noticed she was wearing the necklace I got for her. The first present I ever gave. The necklace that was a farewell gift for her when it was her first farewell to me and Lector. I still haven't forgotten that memory. I mean, how could I?! 

It was a special moment and I have always cherished it until now. It made me happy that she was still wearing it. Even though she can't remember my face. I'm just really glad she's okay. Glad that she isn't hurt, glad that she's doing fine and healthy but honestly, I am not glad that she still can't seem to remember me! In fact, she doesn't seem to remember the reason why I killed Weisslogia! That was something very personal to me and she was one of the first, along with Lector who knows about it. Just why can't she remember or even have a clue about it?

A thought just clicked in in my mind. It would be another promise to make that I will vow to do. This time after the games and once we win as number one guild of Fiore, I will make her remember, even if she doesn't want to or not. She is still Cynthia! The Cynthia that I can never forget.

I looked up to the sky to see the stars gazing below me and I smirked at the thoughts. Time for me to head back now, I guess. Maybe Lector is worried about me and I didn't want Master to get angry. But before I could walk, I felt someone bump into me. I looked down to see familiar beach sand hair and the first thing in my thoughts, I knew it was Cynthia. I gazed at her with a smirk but all she did was stare up at me for a few seconds and mumbled "sorry" then she walked away from me.  

Something didn't felt right. It looks like she's upset about something. My instincts told me told me to comfort her and I knew I wouldn't let this opportunity pass. She was always there for me when we were younger, and I promised to her that I would protect her. That is what I will do. I grabbed onto her tiny wrist gently and softly before she could even walk away. She turned to look at me, my eyes filled with worry.

"Cee-chan? What's wrong? Did something happen to you?" I asked softly.

"It's nothing..." She muttered trying to escape from my grip but not wanting to let her go just yet, I tightened my grip on her wrist but not too tightly. I could tell she wasn't telling the truth. Whatever it was, I will help her. Even if she was in Fairy Tail, she was still my friend.

"Liar. I know when something is up with you... And I know you may not... trust me at the moment and that you forgot about me for no reason, which I have no idea why. But would you mind telling me what's going on...?" My voice was stern but let softness wrap into my tone, trying not to provoke her too much.

"I don't want to talk about it..."

She kept her gaze away from me, which made me slightly annoyed but more worried at her tone and body language.

"Come on Cee-chan! Please? I just want to help you..." I gave her a weak smile.

"No thanks, besides I can't talk to you. I'm in Fairy Tail and you're in Sabertooth. We're rivals. I-I don't want you to get in trouble because of m-me..." She shyly said at the last comment. The first thing that came into my mind was suddenly shot out of my mouth, not caring about what she said just now.

"I don't care about that right now. I care about what's bothering you and how I can stop it."

"You care about what's bothering me? Why on earth would you do that? We're not friends but enemies." She said with slight anger. I was hurt by what she said and with that tone of hers made me feel even worse. But I tried to hide it which didn't really help at all. Instead I was slightly furious and stood my ground trying to tell, through her thick headed skull... that I was worried about her.

"We're enemies you say...? I don't believe on what you said. Sure we are enemies for now. But that's only because we are in different guilds. That doesn't change the fact that we've been best friends since childhood. Since we've met 7 years ago. You might have changed a slight bit Cynthia Adara, which I have always questioned why. But I will make you remember and deep down within you... I know, you know me and that you will come to me." Making my gaze intensely at her, trying to tell her the truth with my tone and facial expression. I just wanted her to know that she has me to lean on and to take her troubles away. I noticed her to flinch slightly, but I didn't really care at the moment. If she doesn't want me to help her then fine.

"Sting...Why are you sa-." I heard her speak to me in a questioning tone but slowly looked like she was about to pass out at any moment. I felt guilt rising within me. Maybe I was a little too harsh on her, was it my fault? No. It was my fault. I noticed Cynthia who was fighting herself to stand but fell backwards instead. My instincts kicked in and soon I was behind her with my arms out and holding her gently. Panic coursed through my mind, my eyes and thoughts were soon filled with worry. What's going on with her? I shook her gently.

"Oi! Cee-chan?! What's wrong?! Are you okay?"Oh man! I embraced her in my arms, nervously and I was really worried about what's wrong with her. She looked up into my eyes confused with pain and her glistening purple eyes of hers made me to hold her, even more. 

I shook her gently again but she passed out. I placed a hand over her forehead and doesn't seem to have a fever. Thank goodness. There was only one thing that had to be done. I need to take her back to her people of Fairy Tail and inform about her. This will be troublesome when they see me with Cynthia in my arms, but right now... she's more important. 

Using both of my arms, I carried her bridal style and ran to find the nearest people I can find with the Fairy Tail guild mark as Cynthia. Took me a while but I found a few people who seemed to be in Fairy Tail.

"Oi!" I yelled while running up to them.

They all turned to look at me and looked surprised at Cynthia's figure in my arms. I had a few sweat beads forming on my face but I didn't care. I wanted Cynthia to be okay. The three people looked at me suspiciously. Well, I wouldn't blame them. After all Sabertooth and FairyTail are rivals during the games, both fighting for the title of being Fiore's number one top guild. I rolled my eyes at them, I was getting annoyed that they weren't taking Cynthia to the infirmary yet.

"Who are you and why on earthland do you have Cynthia-chan in your arms?" The girl with blue hair asked me curiously. 

"Yeah why do you have her?" The chubby guy added in. 

"We bumped into each other and talked for a bit... but then she passed out so I caught her before she could and tried to find any Fairy Tail people in the same guild as her. So that they can take her back to their base and make sure she's okay." 

I looked at Cynthia in arms who looked weak and fragile, I gazed back to them seeing the girl with blue hair bring a fist up to her chest with worry and the other two seem surprised but still stood their guard towards me.

"Jet, Droy. You heard him! We have to hurry and take her back..I'm worried about Cynthia-chan! I hope she's okay..." the blue haired girl said while looking at Cynthia in my arms.

"Yes Levy! I'll take her back with my speed" the one with orange hair said as he took a step towards me.

"I'll do it!" the chubby one interjected pushing the orange haired.

They both pressed their foreheads at one another making a fuss and bickered at who will take Cynthia, making the girl with blue hair to be slightly annoyed. I twitched at the scene, still holding Cynthia in my arms.

"Oi Oi! It doesn't matter who! Just hurry up and take her! Her health may be in danger without us knowing. So stop being such wimps and take her!" I gritted through my teeth.

They both turned to me looking startled but didn't object. 

"Jet just take her since you can run the fastest" the blue haired girl face palmed herself, making 'Jet' to nod and walk up to me. I stepped forward a bit and gently placed her in his arms. Then placed my hand on her cheek softly and looked towards them. 

"Please make sure she is okay and safe." 

With that, I took my hand away and walked back to the inn for my guild without saying another word. But before I was farther than them, I took one last glance to look at her being carried in the arms of the guy with orange hair, I'm assuming as Jet, since the blue haired called him. 

My chest felt tight but I ignored it. I needed to focus on the games for now. My promise with Lector and the others about finding Cynthia is already accomplished. What's left right now is for Lector. Later after the games will be again for Cynthia. I smirked thinking about Natsu-san being in the games again. This will be fun.

'Cee-chan, you better be alright before the game starts.' I thought gazing up at the sky one last time before I head inside the inn.

——-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 385 45
It's been seven long years since Tenrou Island and the entire Tenrou team disappeared from Earthland. Much has changed during the Tenrou team's absen...
1.4K 114 14
{a fairy tail || Natsu x Lucy (Nalu) || Sting x Lucy (Stinglu) || fan fiction} -Incomplete/discontinued Lucy Heartfilia fell in love with Natsu Dragn...
160K 3.6K 28
Lucy is being ignored because Lisanna came back from the dead and that's when Lucy's life turned upside down. Lucy is ignored for months the only peo...
369K 8.9K 37
While they were on a mission, an unexpected turn of events happened. Lisanna returned from Edolas. Everyone started focusing their attention on thei...