60 Seconds

By MysteryHwang

To me, such memories are only 60 seconds long. He settle into my heart in less than a minute, only 60 seconds... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 10

151 13 3
By MysteryHwang

"This school is smaller than I expected."

"But it's much cleaner than our school."

The festival is already started. They have a lot of visitors coming from other schools, not just schools, exclusive schools from Bangkok. Everyone is excited to meet other people from another school since they have had the same classmates ever since they started to go to school.

Mild, as usual, busy as vice president of the student council with Mew, the president. She needs to make sure that everything is going well. Mild promised the boys that she will go with them in the evening when everything is already settled. They are a band and fireworks later as their main events.

Despite having a blast in the field, New is in the classroom. Just contented watching and judging the crowd since he hates the crowd. He slightly hates new people coming here and wants to hide Tay in his pocket all day but he can't. Not just because physically he can't, he is mad at him. Now, he is spending his time thinking of a plan to ruin the older's day. After the party, Tay was completely shut down. They carry him to his house and made an excuse for why Tay passed out to him Grandma. Though his grandma didn't seem to believe them, it's better than admitting that his grandson went out and drink liquor.

But that's not the worst part. New was furious when Tay didn't remember what happened last night. Now, he's thinking of a way to mess him up.

"What happened last night?" Tay begged his friends to answer him. He's been like this for an hour now. Arm didn't remember also because of how drunk he is while Off refused to answer him by lying that he doesn't know. Though, he doesn't actually know what happened inside the locker, he kinda gets a hint just by reading New's reaction last night.

"Dude, stop! Think about that on another day. Can't you see those cuties?" Arm said checking out pretty students passing by them but the tanned boy didn't even take a glance.

"Come on! I thought we were friends. Friends help each other out when the times like this." He whined.

Off nodded. "Yeah, like how we carry you to your house and made up why you are passed out."

Tay's shoulder dropped his friend mentioned how he passed out and was dragged into his house. Though, his grandma checked him out all night to make sure he was fine.

They are going in circles on the field where there are a lot of foods, drinks, and even booths but Tay wasn't giving up on whining about last night that making Off pissed.

"What do you want to know?" Off asked.

"See! I know you knew something." Tay said.

Off shrugged and took out the lollipop in his mouth. "Not that much. If you want to know, New can answer all your questions."

"Isn't he the reason why I am asking this of you? Because he doesn't want to tell me and got mad at me. Now am hella curious!" Tay raised his voice frustrated with his situation. "If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't mind not remembering what happened." He added. Tay doesn't have any idea until the younger asked him as soon as they meet each other but he got pushed by New and walked out when Tay asked him back. He is hella furious. Tay almost runaway thinking New might explode in a second.

"Wait a minute. I know I remember it right." Arm said. Thought deeply and tried to catch up on what he remembered that night. Tay is waiting on his answer, excited and nervous at the same time. "Aha! It was you, Off!"

"What?" Tay and Off said at the same time, both were confused.

"You were asked if you have someone you like and instead of answering, you offered to introduce that person to us. Got you!" Arm said happily after remembering what Off said that night. Off bit his lips, he thought no one remembered that. Now he's doomed.

"He did say that?" Tay asked totally forgetting his goal today. Besides, he is also curious about who that person is. Arm nodded. "Woah, then what are we waiting for?"

Off hesitates whether he will tell them what he's been hiding ever since. He sighs and looks at the two. He made an excuse last night for him not to tell who that person is because there is no way he will say it in front of that many people. "I guess, this is the day." He said.

"If this is not the day when it will be?" Arm asked.

"Graduation probably." He answered honestly. They ended up following the tall one on the third floor. Off decided to tell them the truth though he's nervous and his hand is sweaty. Like what Mild said, Off does not open up his love life to them. The two are confused about why they are on the floor in their senior first year but they chose not to ask or say a word.

Tay got nervous and nervous the more they stepped in the direction of New's classroom. He has so many questions in his mind. Was it New he was talking about? or maybe it was one of New's classmates? It can't be New right? He never shows a sign that he like New.

They stopped at the front door and Tay's heart stopped for a moment. It was indeed New's classroom. Once again, Off sighed and was about to open the door when Tay suddenly stopped him by grabbing his hand.

"It wasn't New, right?" Tay asked trying to maintain his voice. Off was caught off guard by the question. He opened his mouth but no sound or word was coming out, he is shaking just like the tanned boy.

"Tay," He called and avoided his gaze. The tall one removed Tay's hand from his and proceed to open the door. Was this it? Will off won't deny that it wasn't New. He got more and more questions in his mind that he can't even say out loud.

As soon as Off opened the door, they were more surprised when they saw two people inside. New and another small one.

"Gun." Off called.

"P'Off!" Gun said with a smile on his face and ran towards him. "I knew you will find me." He added.

"So, it's not New?" Tay asked in relief.

"It's not New what?" Gun asked confused but still smiling.

"You tricked us there, Off! I couldn't even say a word when I thought New was the one you were talking about." Arm said putting his hand to his chest. Tay can finally breathe knowing that it was not him after all.

"This is Gun," Off introduced him to the two of them.

"Hi, Nong Gun. I'm Arm and this is Tay." And they greeted each other.

"You met New?" Off asked.

Gun nodded. "New knows all of you?" He asked back.

"Yeah, unfortunately," New answered and stood up. He is still mad that Tay can't remember what happened last night. He's about to walk away but Tay stopped him by blocking his way out. "Get the hell out of my way," New glared at the tanned boy.

"New," Off called him

New sigh as he massages his temple, he was trying to stay away from his friends as much as he can because he know he doesn't have any patient to calm down just looking at them. "You know what, I don't wanna see or even talk to all of you. I'm not in a mood so.. LET ME OUT!" he yelled. Tay immediately gets out of the younger's way instead of making him freak out. There was a little silence between them after New went out of the room.

"That's what he is, he wasn't a bad person," Arm said to Gun, whose eyes got widened after New yelled, probably wasn't expecting that scream. "So back to the business, Nong Gun. This guy here seems really like you for a very long time." As he places his arm on taller's shoulder.

"Arm!" Off raised his voice.

"Oh really? I didn't know that," Gun said, smiling but this time there's a bit sadness in it. "From what I remembered, I'm the one who likes him." He added.

Arm slapped Off in the back. "What are you waiting for? He likes you! Just kiss already!"

"Get out of my sight before I kick your face." Off said.

"Mild!" Tay shouted Mild's name after seeing her in the crowd, still looking busy. "Mild, I know you're busy but I need to ask you something." He said, catching his breath. The field is so crowded that they can barely move so he tried his best to squeeze in just to catch up with his friend.

"What is it? Make it quick, Mew needs these files." Mild said, she looks really in a hurry.

The tanned boy immediately changed his mind after seeing how hurry the girl is. "Are you that busy? Maybe, I'll ask you later instead, It's just about last night me with New. Not a big deal—" Tay was cut off when Mild pulled his collar towards her despite having a ton of things in her hands.

Mild seems furious after hearing what Tay said to him. "YOU!"

"W-What—What did I do?"

Mild sighed and let go of Tay's collar. "You are really stupid, huh? This is why I like you for a very long time because you didn't take a hint even once," She said, frustrated. "Not to mention how you always say like I do this and that because we're friends and blah blah but no! Everyone knows it's not, you insensitive jerk!"

"Woah," Only word that comes out of Tay's as he watch her with so much emotion. He didn't expect this much reaction from her.

Mild managed to calm herself down a bit. "Anyway, this is not about me." She said. "You don't remember what happened?"

Tay shook his head as he slowly fixed his collar, "Not a single bit."

"Do you have any idea why another person is mad that you don't remember what happened, right? Like any idea of why New is acting this way?" Tay tries to think about what Mild was trying to say but nothing comes to his mind. They seen so many movies like this and he can't even take a hint, "Huh, you're so hopeless."

"Come on, why not just tell me what happened? Isn't it easier than making me think?"

The girl sigh, "I don't know, I'm not in a position to tell you this," Mild said. "I'm sorry, Tay. Just go try to remember, okay?" She said and left.

This time, Tay is hopeless like what Mild said to him, he's starting to think that he is a dumb and insensitive jerk. He doesn't know where to go, Off is with the person he likes, Mild is busy being the vice president, Arm probably hitting girls and New is mad at him. He thought this day will be fun, with no classes, new people, and spending time with his friends but unfortunately, it was not.

"Why are you here?"

Tay was surprised to see New in the parking lot behind the school. He is thinking so deeply that he doesn't realize that he went this far. He was sitting in the corner with his phone.

The older scratched his head and went in New's direction. "Since you are here..." He said.

"I won't let you talk to me unless you remember what happened last night," New said, being a brat again. He take a few step backward in case the younger flip out. He stares at him, wanting to get closer and spend time with the younger but he knows he won't allow so he clenched his fist as he bit his lips before he speaks again.

"Oh yeah, I kinda remember it now." Tay lied. New's eyes widen and stood up after hearing what the older had said to him.

"You do?" New asked

Tay chuckled, he can't continue this. He knows there will be consequences lying to New. He might get upset more. "Who am I kidding?" He said, which made New's smile vanish. "I don't remember... I still don't remember anything at all. I just said it because I want to talk and spend time with you. Silly me, I know you won't believe me even if I lie." He added. He is desperate at this point. If he only dig inside his brain and force himself to remember, he will. Besides, he is also curious of what's so important last night to receive a reaction from New and Mild like that.

New bit his lip and sighed. What can he do when Tay pulls out this side of him? As if his anger vanish in a second. Too bad, Tay doesn't know this because if he do, we won't be running around just to have a little bit information of memories he forgotten. If he only knew how much the younger can get weak with this little face of him. 

"Then talk to me whatever," New said, still a little bit upset that Tay doesn't remember it. It would be a really big step for him but he can't force someone to remember it. He gulps and accept the fact that Tay will never remember it no matter what he do. There must be reason behind these, right? whatever it is, his heart can't take it if he will see older like this. 

"I can?" 

"Aren't we talking now?" New is acting cold towards him. Purposely.

Based on Mild's reaction earlier, it must be really important for New what happened last night but seeing how the younger boy allowed Tay to talk to him despite not having an improvement in remembering is making the tanned boy happy to the finest. New might be a cold-hearted brat but if you see right through him, he is a soft-hearted and nice boy.

"Then, do you want to do something?" Tay asked. "There are a lot of activities inside—"

"No," New said and sigh again. "I will rather be here and think of my next steps." He added and wink at him.

"Next step of what? Was that something I not supposed to know?"  Tay asked, really curious about it.

New shook his head. "No, perhaps you are supposed to know it." Tay is confused once again. It's like he slept for a year and he didn't know anything about what was happening around him. He places his arm on New's shoulder. 

"Hin, are we playing mind games right now? It seems like it though."

"Mind games huh? We have our game and come to think of it, I haven't used my 60 seconds for the past few days. I'm wasting it."

"What's there to be a waste? To make up for it, just tell me what you want me to do." Tay offered.

New chuckled. "You better think what you wish for, Te."

"But for real though, what are your 'Next steps'? Is there something I can help you with it?" Tay asked.

New shrugged "I can't think of any but you are a great help."

"Tell me, what is it?"

The next thing Tay knew New's lips are touching his. He was stunned, like a stone that cannot move in his position. Everything happened so fast that he didn't get a chance to react but he managed to push the younger boy a little.

"N-New.."

The white skin boy chuckled, "It was a joke," New said, almost whispering. Tay can't see his face because he is facing down, just like him the younger froze in his place. He was about to speak when New cut him off by saying he will go home and ran away. It took seconds for Tay to sink into what happened. As soon as it does, he ran and followed New. Yelling and telling him to stop running away but the younger wasn't listening at all.

"Wait! Stop!" Tay shouted, almost running out of breath but he keeps going because he know he is fast runner than him, "New! Stop right now!"

Tay reached his hand and grabbed New's collar at the back but the younger still tries to get away from him by pulling his clothes away. They both end up got tripped and rolled on the road. Their uniform got dirty and few scratches in they elbow and knees. New didn't even groan and continued to stand up to walk away after meeting the cold ground. He can't manage to look at him. 

"Wait, let me talk!" Tay stood up, not minding the scratches in his knee that definitely sting. 

"Let's talk next time..." He said without facing him, not stopping from walking away. n 

"What is that?" Tay asked, "I'm asking you, what did you do?"

"That's not—I just—crap!" New is struggling to explain what he did. Still refused to look at him. The younger is having a hard time finding a word to explain what he did. No words coming to his mind and all he could think of is to runaway.

Tay was about to step forward when New faced him with tears all over his eyes.

"Can you pretend that didn't happen? Pretend that this is just a nightmare."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 864 28
Have you ever met someone whom you thought dead but is alive without you knowing, that is what happened in Tay's life the person whom he loved the mo...
24.9K 1.1K 23
Hello! I have been reading lot of UWMA fanfics and I wanted a story like being touchy touchy and with less problems between the couples and since I...
227K 8.6K 35
[COMPLETED] BoyxBoy On his graduation day, New mustered all his remaining courage to confess his feelings to Tay Tawan, a certified chick magnet and...
173K 9.1K 55
As part of a dare he didn't want to partake, New was forced to rob a complete stranger by grabbing his phone in the middle of the crowd. But why is t...