60 Seconds

By MysteryHwang

To me, such memories are only 60 seconds long. He settle into my heart in less than a minute, only 60 seconds... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 9

147 10 2
By MysteryHwang

"Tay, it's fine," New said. "I'm not your brother." He added.

It bothers him that New looks like having a good time with Earth and one thing that made him even more mad, he didn't call him Te. Off held Tay's shoulder to calm him down. If New is already decided, they can't do anything about it. Off can feel the shakiness of his friend, still staring at New. The place is heavily silent because of the awkwardness created by Tay and New except for the background music.

"Oooookay. That's a moment there." Aye said, trying to remove the uneasiness of the people around her but failing. Arm stood up and went to the corner, grabbing something. He thought that this is a chance for him to bring out his weapon and it will help them to take out that awkwardness and start to party again.

"Guys, look what I got!" Arm raised the liquor in his hand.

"What the hell, Arm?! Why did you bring that?" Mild yelled after seeing the liquor.

Some of them were thrilled but some of them is not pleased with Arm's decision to bring a prohibited drink to school. Partying alone would make them go to the principal office, now Arm added liquor to make them even more trouble.

Arm's shoulder dropper after seeing everyone's reaction. "Guys, stop being boring! This is our last year in this school, so why not make the most out of it?" He said and placed the drink in the middle. "I know you all drink here, your innocent acting will not work on me," He added. They look at Mew. Since he's the president of the class and president of the student council, he better decide what's better for all of them.

"What all of you are looking for? Drink if you want!" Mew said.

"WOOOOH!"

They start drinking and everyone has their cups aside from New. They didn't stop him from drinking, he decided it for himself. He wants to stay sober until the party was over. Besides, he's not in a mood. After drinking a little bit, they start the game finally. Aye spins the bottle and it landed on Arm.

"Truth or dare?"

"Since I'm not yet drunk, let's do a dare," Arm answered.

"Remove four items of clothing," Aye said. They immediately got a reaction from others to Aye's dare. That made everyone disgusted before Arm could remove a single of clothing. Others even said that they will throw up before they can even drink. "Okay, don't do that. Try to put your whole fist in your mouth instead."

"Aren't you all brutal? What I'm expecting is to 'kiss someone here' or 'do your best sexy crawl', like that!" Arm whined to his classmate's dares. He is offended. 

"He's a hopeless romantic," Earth whispered to New.

New nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"Aish! Just do whatever you want so we can go on!" Mew said, irritated.

"Then I'll just go in the locker with someone," Arm said. "Nong New, will you join me there?" He said to New but he just rolled his eyes at him. Aye spins the bottle again to choose someone who will go in the locker with Arm and unfortunately, it landed on her. 

"AHHH! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Aye yelled and stamps her feet in anger. But based on the rules, they will be inside the locker for 3 minutes. She can't believe that she is a victim of her own rules. 

The game continues while the two were inside. While New's mind was occupied by Tay. He was beside Earth but his mind was full of Tawan Vihokratana. He likes Tawan more than he knows and he's being impatient that the older guy can't realize his feelings. He can confess and tell the tanned boy how he really feels and that's it but he can't do that, he might scare him away or even say that he just sees New as a friend. He is the kind of guy he is. He wants him to realize his feelings on his own. 

New thinking that maybe Tay was seeing him as just a little brother like Arm said and his assumption was not true at all. He's worried that Tay won't realize it even after Bella come back into his life. That would be a disaster.

Now he's thinking of making him jealous instead that is currently working right now but he can't help to think what if behind that jealousy is just a sibling or brother jealousy? He wants to drink but he can't.

He sighs for the nth time. Earth noticed it. "Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"Yes..." New answered.

"What is it? Maybe I can help."

New chuckled bitterly. "No, you can't... Of course, you won't." Earth was hitting on him, of course, he won't help him. 

He was away from Tay for less than an hour and all he wanted is to cling to the older boy. Given the fact that they are both in the same room. Earth is indeed hot but he can't feel warm like when he's with Tay. 

New was battling with himself in his head. He wants an answer right now. He wants to confess but he thought it might be too early or what if Tay still has feeling for Bella, which is way more possible and it pissed him off. Next year, Tay will be a college student and he will meet a lot of people outside this little town. That is what worries New. He needs to get the boy before that happens. 

After 3 minutes the two went out in the locker. Aye still looks pissed while Arm doesn't give a fuck. He just wants to drink his liquor. A lot of rounds had passed and they are getting wasted. Off got picked this time and he chose truth instead. 

"Name a person you want to date," Mild asked. 

"O-Oh interesting," Mew said with his eyes closed, definitely can't keep up due to intoxication. "Everyone here wants to know since you were getting a little attention here in the whole school. Who makes Off Jumpol's heartbeat?" He added. Off took a sip of his cup and smirked. He also likes someone but he doesn't tell anyone about it. He kept it for years. 

"Locker or answer?" Aye asked. 

"You don't even know who that person is even if I tell you." Off said.

"That's a lie! I remembered last month when we were drunk, you said there is someone you like here." Arm interrupts them. 

Off sighed, "You probably heard it wrong." Everyone wasn't convinced of it. He can probably lie if he wants to that's why they are a little suspicious of his answer. His classmates are still pushing Off to tell them who that person is. They were really curious because he became a hot topic since then. "If you want, I can all introduce you to him at the festival. He said he will come." He added.

"You all heard that, right? At the festival, we will meet Off's love of his life." Mild said. Getting hype of Off's secret affair. It's reasonable since Off never mention his love life ever since they met. The bottle spins again and this time, Tay was picked. 

"Okay Mr. Vihokratana, pick!" Aye said. 

"I'll go with the truth."

"Who wants to ask?" 

Off raised his hand. Tay frowned when he saw his friend raising his hand. I mean, it was fine for him though but it was surprising. They probably know each other, what's more to ask? "Aside from being friends, do you see New as your younger brother or... something else?" 

New was surprised by the question as if Off was reading his mind. He can't complain though, he wants to know as well but at the same time, he doesn't want to. New took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. His heart was beating so fast that was getting hard to breathe. He is getting torn between wanting to know and doesn't want to know. 

His eyes were stuck on Tay, waiting for his answer. His palm is getting sweaty more and more as the second has passed. Tay was about to answer when New stood up. Getting all of their attention. 

"Can you not answer that?" 

"Why not?" Tay asked. New didn't answer. "Why not, New?" he asked again. 

"Just fucking don't!" New raised his voice, his fist clenched as he sigh, suppressing his anger, "Please..." he said lightly, almost whispering. Tay was not surprised anymore. He's already familiar with this kind of situation when New's mood changed faster than a lightning bolt. He picked up the bottle that was lying on the floor and set it up. 

"I won't, on one condition," Tay said.

"What is it?" New looked at Tay's face. It's already red because of the amount of liquor he drank.

"Go with me in the locker." For the second time, they are spoiling the party. New raised his eyebrow. He grabbed Earth's cup and drank it, not leaving any drops inside.

New wears his smirk again. "Then what are you waiting for?"

They went inside quietly. New avoided Tay's gaze when they are inside the locker. New thought this will be easy but unfortunately, it wasn't. The second he enters the locker, he wants to step back but he can't let anyone see that. 

"Hin," Tay called him by his nickname. "Look at me." He added.

"What do you want? You're drunk." New asked avoiding the older's gaze. It's a bit dark inside but there's light peeking through the window above, enough to see Tay's face. 

"No, I'm not." Tay denied. "I don't like it."

"What?" New asked once again, it's not like he haven't heard it, it was clear enough but he wants the older boy to elaborate on it even more. What and why does he doesn't like it?

"I don't like it when you're with Earth." Tay honestly said. "Can you please stay away from him and just stay here instead?" He added. New bit his lips. He wasn't sure if it was Tay the one who was saying those words or if that was all because of the influence of the alcohol. He wishes it wasn't.

"Te, what does that mean?" New asked, trying to get more of something from the older boy. He wants to hear it loud and clearly. Tay didn't respond, he lowered his head. "Te! Tell me, what does that mean? Stop sleeping on me!" He tries to wake Tay up.

"I am not," Tay said. "I'm thinking of the answer to your question." He added.

"Te, it's just simple. You just need to say it." This is what he's hoping for and he feels he will get it anytime sooner.

"Can I hug you while I'm thinking?"

"No! Te, focus okay? Just say it! I know you know it. Stop playing dumb—"

"Polca," Tay said as he hugged New. He was about to restrain but the warmth Tay was giving him was telling him not to. "I wish 60 seconds would stop." He added.

The older boy's word is just making New hard to breathe. Does he know what he was talking about? Because New was confused and doubting every second. What if Tay didn't mean what he was saying and New completely fell out for Tay? What about him? He will just keep his one-sided love for the rest of his life?

"Just say it and I'll be yours," New said while he was in Tay's arms. He wants reassurance. Yes, reassured him that he won't leave him. Even gave him a cat to prove it but this time, he wants a different kind of assurance. After a minute, they let go of the hug but their faces were only close to each other. They can feel each other breath. They were heavily breathing. After the hug, neither of them wanted to speak, and they could sense the mood they were creating. Tay's gaze was drawn to New. He risked leaning in close to his face, leaving only an inch of space between them.

New's apprehension of kissing him had evaporated when he received a positive response. He kept adjusting his face to him until their noses were in contact.

"I love you, Te," New whispered.

He knows what will happen if they kiss without Tay admitting his feelings for him. Will it have an impact on their friendship? Or, in the worst-case scenario, Tay will avoid him for the rest of his life but now is the time to act. They should take the chance and see what happens. Instead of waiting for the crow to turn white, they should take this chance. But unfortunately, right when their lips were about to touch, something rang inside Tay's pocket. 

A call from his grandma. New cursed. They ended up pulling their face awkwardly. He could feel his cheeks heating and he can't look at his eyes right at this moment or he will run away. He just wishes to disappear. Tay is so dizzy that he couldn't even answer the phone properly. New snatched the phone from his hand and answered it for him.

"Tay, where are you? Are you with New?"

"Yes," New answered and took a glance at the young man in front of him already passed out.

"Oh, New, where are you? Do you want someone to fetch you there?" Tay's grandma sounds worried.

"No, it's fine. We can go home by ourselves. Thank you." New said.

"Then, be safe."

And ended the call.

"You," New said looking the Tay who was sleeping peacefully in his uncomfortable position. "You better remember this." He said before opening the door before Mild could.

Their 3 minutes are over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 864 28
Have you ever met someone whom you thought dead but is alive without you knowing, that is what happened in Tay's life the person whom he loved the mo...
25K 1.9K 39
It only takes five minutes to fall in love. However, those five minutes happened at the wrong time and to the wrong person. Only five minutes, to d...
10.4K 610 22
"𝘐 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘸...
15K 957 26
Hey guys I'm again back with another story of TayNew.. Just thinking if a gangster and a fuckboy fell in love with each other How will their love sto...