Living with 17 Players

By Surfer_Swimmer

All Janetta Robinson wanted to do was play Football and be happy. That all changes when she must move to Col... More

Meet the Families
Chapter 1: An Accident
Chapter 2: Moving On
Chapter 3: Meeting Everyone
Chapter 4: Dinner with a Side of Halo
Chapter 5: Yes, Girls Actually Run
Chapter 6: Drills for Days
Chapter 7: What's for Dinner?
Chapter 8: Just Dance
Chapter 9: Dylan the Hulk
Chapter 10: Shadow Racing
Chapter 11: Taco Shells and Emails
Chapter 13: Picnic and Quads
Chapter 14: Pancakes and Hawks
Chapter 15: Practice with a Foreign Language
Chapter 16: Facetime with the Grandparents
Chapter 17: Tryouts
Chapter 18: Movie Night
Chapter 19: Back to School Shopping
Chapter 20: Suprise!
Chapter 21: A Miracle In 3 Quarters
Chapter 22: Walking with The Gods
Chapter 23: Lakeland Loss
Chapter 24: Shark Week has Began
Chapter 25: His Story in History
Chapter 26: Almost Perfect

Chapter 12: Prayin' to Yesus

7.5K 197 34
By Surfer_Swimmer

Mason's POV

It's Sunday today and that means Mom and Dad are yelling at us to get ready for...

Church.

I woke up with Kyle screaming in my ear to help me find his shirt.

Like I know where it is?!?

I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes to hear only more chaos and screaming from downstairs. I pull on a pair of gym shorts than head downstairs for some breakfast only to get rejected because mom hadn't made it yet and it would be less than an hour before I revived communion. I climb back up the stairs and hop in the shower after Nick. I shower up and shave than put on a pair of fresh boxers than walk to the laundry room to see the clothes line against the wall with all of our clothes hanging from clothes pins with our names labeling who is wearing what. I look for my name than grab the white shorts and an ironed orange pastel looking polo along with a brown belt and a slip of paper that says "Wear Sperrys," I grab the clothes and head to my room. I change into them than comb my brown hair, grab my shoes from my closet, and grab my silver watch from my drawer. After a spritz of cologne I headed downstairs to see everyone mainly ready and Janetta helping Robert button his shirt. She's wearing ripped white jeans with a blue loose shirt. She's also wearing a pink and purple scarf with her brown hair down and wavy drying naturally. She also has on a gold chain bracket on along with a pair of gold stud earrings.

I didn't know she had her ears pierced. Looks pretty.

She was wearing leather sandals that looked like they wrapped around her foot. I won't admit it but she looked really good. Once she finished buttoning Robert's shirt, Spencer came marching up to her and puffed out his chest signaling he needed his shirt to be buttoned as well considering that the top button was paired with the 5th button from the bottom. She giggled than fixed it for him. After he was properly buttoned up he took her hand and lead her into the garage and next to the white Cadillac. Dad hopped into the driver's seat with Mom next to him in the passenger seat. I climbed in next to Gavin, Dylan, Evan and Brendon. Spencer, Janetta, Ian, Danny, Aaron, and Xavier were crammed in the back two rows. Luke, Hunter, Patrick, Robert, Kyle, and Nick have to take another car with Chris following us. We pulled out of the garage and started on the 10 minute drive to church.

Once we arrived at Saint Stephen Catholic Church everyone immediately went their own ways. Evan, Kyle, Aaron and Dylan all headed to a classroom to practice for the choir. Ian is altar serving today with Nick being the Cross Bearer so they immediately bolted to Room 5, to change since that is where all the cassocks and robes are kept. Mom and Chris went over to 'The Binder' and signed up to Eucharistic Minister along with signing in all the boys who were helping. The rest of us went into the Sanctuary and got comfortable than just waited for mass to begin because since we were about 30 minutes early. I sat down and Janetta sat next to me with Xavier sitting to her right. The younger ones were closer to the end so they could leave for their Children Liturgy Of the Word (CLOW for short) that's a program that the younger ones where they go into a classroom during mass and learn more about the readings to better understand them and that type of thing.

"You look nice today." Janetta said to me.

"Why thank you. You look good t-" I answered but was rudely interrupted by Xavier

"Hey what about me?!? I look good too!" Xavier said than frowned like he was a 5 year old who didn't get any ice cream.

"You guys both look very nice." She said and Xavier's frown turned upside down and he's eyes immediately lit up.

"Like I said I worked very hard to put this outfit together. And it just turned out so smexy." I said going back to our previous conversation.

"Yea right. I woke up around 3 in the morning to make sure you didn't look like garbage today." Mom said jokingly cutting into our conversation.

"Hey, don't lie. I do look sexy today!" I say gesturing to my face.

"You're just jealous that you don't look like me." Janetta replies back with a wink

"Oohhhh!!" Dad cut in as well just to roast me.

This is my family.

I turn my head childishly and look straight at the alter leaving the conversation that I clearly didn't want to be a part of. After a few more minutes and me staring aimlessly at the green altar cloth and the decorations at the front of the altar the choir comes in and takes their place in the far left corner of the Sanctuary. Once they are all settled I check my watch, exactly 9:00. Dylan and another older woman go up to the podium. A young woman came up to the podium on the altar and begins announcements. After she finished the choir begins singing.

The precession comes in with Nick carrying the large heavy cross like it weighted nothing. Ian and another boy followed then genuflected before the altar. Shortly after they arrived Father Brian came in and walked around the Altar to begin the mass.

After a nice presentation of the readings and a very LONG homily from Father, we had communion and finally mass was over. The choir sang its last song with Aaron as lead, the precession lead back out to the commons area. Soon everyone filed out and it was just a few people flew carrying on conversations. Soon Nick and Ian were undressed from their robes and cassocks and the choir had finished we all headed out.

"I thought that was a very good mass." Mom said as we pulled out from the parking lot onto the main road.

"I thought so too." Janetta agreed.

"CLOW was a lot of fun! We got to make a paper heart and color it!" Danny said showing off his heart with a lot of glitter and color surrounding it.

"But mine is better!" Patrick said showing off his as well.

"Boys, it doesn't matter who's is better it matters that Jesus loves you and died on the cross for your sins is what matters." Mom said

"That's right." I confirmed

"Yesus." Nick agreed also quoting Kanye West

That got a round of "Amen"s from us.

"So what are the plans for today?" Kyle asked

"Today is kinda up in the air really. We went to church. We served our obligations. We can do what ever we please." Dad said

"I was think we could go practice." Chris suggested from the phone. Yes, Chris and the rest of the boys in the other are on speaker phone.

"Chris. Enough with the practice. Tryout are in two weeks and we already know your going to get on the team." I said. Yeah it's pretty sad, anyone who can hold a football and makes it to tryouts pretty much makes the team.

"Well how do you know that?" Janetta asks siding with Chris

"Because we have the worst football team in history so it's pretty much, Who can hold a football?" I say and everyone nods along.

"Really... That's it. No wonder you guys were so bad at practice." She says

"Hey! We're not that bad." I say defending ourselves. Even though it was true, we were terrible. The Hickory Hawks haven't won a championship game since 1994.

Ok, so maybe we are pretty bad.
But we have a fighting spirit!!

"So instead of practicing, How about we go on a picnic! It's been weeks since we went and we can so Janetta the...." My mom says than winks at us.

"That sounds like a great idea, babe! Let's do it!" Dad says

"Ok, so we need everyone to help out to get ready for it." Mom says "Janetta, could you help me pack the food?"

"Sure"

Mom continues, "Chris, Brendon, Aaron and Mason help your father in the garage with the 'truck'."

"Ok!" We replied knowing exactly what Mom is talking about.

"What's the 'truck'?" She asks whispering into my ear.

"Sorry, can't tell." I say and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Well then I guess I'll have to force the secret out." She says determined to find out.

"We'll see." I say and turn my attention back to Mom.

"Evan, Ian, Kyle, Xavier, Nick, and Gavin can you guys pack towels, blankets, sunscreen, toys, and that type of stuff."

"Sure, Mom." They reply

"Alright everyone. Break!" Dad says pulling into the drive way and opening the garage door. He parks the car and Chris hangs up, parking his car as well. After dad parks and turns off the engine we all break off going our separate ways. I go to my room with Janetta following me than going into her room. I change out of my church clothes and hang them properly on the hangers and put them in the closet. I change into a mint green and black Nike shirt and tan shorts. I grabbed my black RayBan sunglasses and put on my shoes before heading downstairs. Downstairs was chaos, Mom and Janetta were rapidly throwing together sandwiches than putting then plastic bags before Nick wrote a name on it and plaited it in the cooler. Gavin, Xavier and Ian were packing up towels and the big picnic blanket into our Sea World mesh bag. Hunter and Luke were in the fridge grabbing drinks for everyone and putting them in another cooler. After Janetta finished with the sandwiches she went to the pantry and pulled out many snacks as humanly possible than put them in yet another bag. Mom put fruit and cheese sticks in the sandwich cooler.

"Mason!"

"Yeah." I turn around to see Chris calling me from the garage.

"Come on, you have to help us load the....the....you know." Chris says

"Oh yeah! I'll be right there!" I call back and walk around the kitchen when Janetta store in my way with a smug look on her face.

"Sure you don't want to tell me." She whispers

"Nope can't tell ya a thing." I whisper back and side step on for Janetta to stop me again.

"Positive about that?" She whispers again

"Double negative." I reply and walk out of the kitchen going into the garage. I go over to the disconnected garage to see Chris, Dad, Aaron and Brendon fueling up the.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

696K 15.4K 20
Peyton Carson was an average day girl. She didn't think she was pretty and she didn't believe any guy wanted her. That was until the bad boy moved in...
29.2K 852 22
|| DISCONTINUED || A girl transferring into a new school, thinking it would be the worst year of her life, until a boy got in her way.
61.3K 744 67
When you leave the only life you knew and, with Emily's luck, move right next door to three boys, how can Life not get chaotic. With a huge move from...
43 5 5
Gabriella was all excited for college but guess what...On her first day, she'd come face to face with the bad boy. It was just a start for her catast...