The Return - Kakashi x Rin

By CopyNinja_15

(1st arc) What will Kakashi do once people that he failed in the past, come back to life? How will Kakashi ac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Update
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (beginning of 2nd arc)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 39

552 8 2
By CopyNinja_15

Kakashi, Neji, Rin and Tenten all laid on top of a mountain that overlooked the castle. The castle had enemy shinobi guarding it in the front and the rear. The group was in a position where couldn't be seen by the shinobi.

Kakashi turned to the rest of the group. "Neji and I will go through the front and draw the attention of all the shinobi. Rin and Tenten will go through the back and take out any stranglers and then breach the castle. Neji and I will meet with the two of you when we can." Kakashi said.

He turned to Neji. "Does that plan work with you?"

"Yes it does, let's go Kakashi - Sensei." Neji said as the two of them prepared to attack the castle.

"Wait." Rin said as Tenten grabbed Neji's arm.

"What is it?" Kakashi asked cocking an eyebrow as Neji raised an eyebrow as well.

Rin grabbed Kakashi by the hand, caressing his hand in both of her hands. She looked him in the eyes. "Please Kakashi be careful." She said her voice low.

"I'm always careful Rin, there's no need to worry." Kakashi said smiling widely.

Rin tighten her grip on Kakashi's hand. I'm being serious Kakashi, I don't know what I would do without you." Rin said her voice slightly cracking.

"Rin I promise that I will get through this mission and I'll meet you inside that castle." Kakashi said his voice completely serious.

"I'll hold you to it." Rin said smiling as she playfully punched Kakashi on the arm.

He also smiled back brightly. "You can count on it."

Neji and Tenten were going through a similar situation. "Neji please come back safe." Tenten said her voice soft.

Neji's expression dropped slightly. "You know I can't promise that, but I'll try to." He said.

Tenten's head dropped with tears felling from her eyes. "I know, but I can't lose you Neji." She said.

Neji lifted her head up by the chin and kissed her on her forehead. "Ok then, I promise that I will come back." He said.

Kakashi watched the interaction finish. "Neji it's time to go." Kakashi said. Neji nodded in agreement and the two of them took off down the mountain.

The enemy shinobi saw the two of them approaching and prepared sending a giant fireball at them. "Earth Style: Mud Wall!" Kakashi yelled as it covered them.

The collision of the fireball and mud wall caused smoke to form over the battlefield and Neji snaked his way through it. "8 trigrams 128 palms!" He yelled as he easily dispatched the shinobi.

At this point Kakashi had joined the battle as well. The two of them stood back to back fighting off the shinobi.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Ok Kakashi and Neji are taking care of them, it's time to go." Rin said as she and Tenten took off for the back entrance of the castle.

The back entrance was completely unguarded as all of the shinobi went were distracted by Kakashi and Neji.

Rin easily kicked in the wooden door. Tenten watched this with her mouth hanging open. "What?" Rin asked noticing Tenten's expression.

"Nothing, I just wouldn't think that you could easily kick in the door." Tenten answered.

Rin smiled. "Lady Tsunade did teach me some things." She said as the two of them ran into the castle.

They stopped when they spotted a door that led downstairs. "It's probably a dungeon, that's where they're likely being held." Rin said.

Before either of them could open the door, a group of shinobi appeared. "Not so fast, you two aren't going anywhere." The shinobi said.

"Rin - Sensei, you go I can take care of them." Tenten said pulling up a scroll. A quiver full of arrows and bow appeared from the scroll.

Tenten shot 3 arrows at the shinobi with each of piercing their hearts.

Tenten pulled out 3 more arrows and took aim. "Rin - Sensei go!" She said letting another volley of arrows go.

Rin nodded as she kicked open the door and ran down the steps. "I'm coming Guy." She thought as she made it to the dungeon.

She took the guard down there by surprise. "Why what are you doing down here?" The guard asked as he jumped up. However, before the guard could even weave a hand sign Rin had already ran across the room and punched him in the face knocking him out.

Rin turned her attention away from the guard as she ran down the dungeon looking for Guy and Lee. She stopped in her tracks as she saw the last cell.

Both of them were badly beaten and had shackles on their wrists and ankles holding them to the wall.

Rin tried to open the door violently shaking it before realizing that it had a lock and she needed a key to open it. Knowing this she quickly ran back to the knocked open guard finding the key ring.

She ran back to the cell and tried every key on the ring until she found the right one. She ran into the cell. The key also freed both of them from the shackles.

"Guy wake up, wake up." Rin said shaking Guy. Guy stirred, but he didn't wake up. "That's a good sign at least." Rin thought to herself.

Rin heard running footsteps behind her and she whirled around ready to fight pulling out chakra scalpels.

The people that appeared at the cell was Tenten aiming her bow and arrow, Kakashi with his lightning cutter activated, and Neji with his byakugan. They all relaxed when they realized that it was Rin and she relaxed when she realized that it was them.

They quickly rushed back over to Guy and Lee. Neji and Tenten went to Lee and Kakashi and Rin went to Guy.

"I tried waking him and he stirred, but didn't wake up." Rin said looking over at Kakashi concerned.

"There are going to be reinforcements coming, so we can't wait around. I'll carry Guy." Kakashi said as he picked up Guy on his back.

"What's going on with Lee?" Rin asked making her way over to Lee.

"He's not waking up or even stirring." Tenten said as she shook him.

Neji used his byakugan to see Lee's chakra flow and his face went ghost white when he saw it. "What's wrong Neji?" Rin asked seeing his expression.

"His chakra flow has been cut off in multiple spots that's why he's not waking up. It's not normal, someone strong must have done this to Lee." Neji said.

"Neji we'll figure out who did this later. We need to get out of here now." Kakashi said as Neji picked up Lee on his back.

The four of them quickly ran out of the castle with Tenten and Rin clearing the way for Kakashi and Neji as they carried Lee and Guy.

They quickly made it to the mountain and looked back down to see reinforcements coming after them.

Tenten threw some paper bombs which destroyed and wiped out the enemy forces.

"Great work Tenten let's get out of here." Rin said as the group took off.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It took a couple of days to arrive back to the Hidden Leaf and neither Guy nor Lee had woken up.

"You guys take Lee and Guy to the hospital and Rin you have tests run on them to see how we can help them. I'll talk to Lady Tsunade about the mission and give her any information." Kakashi said.

The others didn't wait long as they took off for the hospital.

Kakashi made it to the Hokage tower and knocked on Lady Tsunade's door before walking in.

"We've returned from the land of waves." Kakashi said leaning against the wall.

"Is the team ok? How did the mission go?" Lady asked quickly while standing up.

"She must have been pretty worried about the mission, I don't blame her." Kakashi thought to himself.

"It was successful, we retrieved Guy's team. However, Guy and Lee were unconscious and they still are. Neji found that Lee's chakra points were cut off. Rin is currently at the hospital tending to them." Kakashi said.

Lady Tsunade slammed her fist on her desk. She dropped her head and gritted her teeth in anger and frustration.

"Why are we even at war with the land of the waves?" Kakashi asked. "I thought we were on good terms with them." Kakashi said looking at Lady Tsunade to clear some things up.

She met his eyes. "To be honest, I couldn't tell you, they just declared us as an enemy and have cut communication with us completely. Now if you excuse me I'm going to help with Guy and Lee." She said rushing out of her office.

Kakashi stayed in the office deep in thought. "Something doesn't make sense, why would they suddenly declared us as a enemy for no specific reason. There's something going on, something deeper than we think." He thought as he exited the Hokage tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...
35.8K 1.4K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
3.9K 103 27
Reborn As An Uchiha ... -Naruto fanfic- Kakashixreader ... ~What happens when Y/N and her brother get on a plane back home? How will things happen w...
10.8K 190 10
Kakashi had a crush on obito for the longest time but he couldn't be with him because obito was dead and kakashi didn't get the chance to tell obito...