it ends with august

By lilxnana

-- Estella Athena Knight. Always have been a special girl, she attracts the attention of the mafia king in a... More

h o w d y
A e s t h e t i c sīŋŧ
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l e v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y- t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y- s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
e p i l o g u e

t h i r t y - s i x

4.3K 125 27
By lilxnana

I lifted my head from the pillow, I could smell the breakfast filling my nose making me sit fully up.

"You looked so peaceful,"

I jumped at the voice, my head turn towards my father sitting in the chair beside the bathroom door. Under his eyes were dark, like he hasn't been to sleep in days, good.

He was watching me sleep, I didn't want to sleep, I twisted, in turn, all night even being in my old room where I once felt safe, I needed to sleep, to build up my energy.

We were in these rooms for three days, it was easier to know with a clock.

I pushed back towards the headboard, pulling the covers with me covering my bare legs. The bruises slowly faded, I had the chance to shower and washed my hair and bring back my curls, I was doing what he wanted me to.

Everything was back to normal, that's why he cut spencer's hair, she always had her hair short throughout the years in his sick mind he wanted everything to be normal.

"Your mother is making breakfast," My brows furred, and my hands took a fist full of the sheets.

"What do you mean?"

He stood from the chair, I try to contain myself hoping and praying I didnt say anything wrong. Stopping beside me, he held his hand out for me to take, I stare at it and rolled to the other side of the bed putting distance between us.

"I could go down myself," I say, keeping my head up while I messed with the long sleeve shirt I had on.

"Very well," Papa walked towards the door, waiting for me,  I blinked slowly trying to understand what was happening but I couldn't. I bit back a comment and followed him downstairs.

The familiar spiral staircase leads the way toward the kitchen. I watched papa's back fighting the urge to slit his throat.

I could smell bacon and pancakes, but beyond that, something else filled the air that made me sick to my stomach.

Coming closer to the kitchen, my eyes widen at the sight. Spencer sat stilled next to a figure. Just on the other side, I could see the other body, Olivias.

"Mama always makes the best eggs," Papa turns towards me, but my wide eyes stare at the dead figure sitting in the chair.

My mother's body slouched into the seat, flies surrounding her body decaying at every moment. I forced my feet to shuffle into the kitchen, I saw the tattoo on his hand and I knew it was grey.

"Grey," I whispered, his eyes shot up to mine, his hands were bound to the chair while Spencers were free, what the fuck was this?

"Stella," he muttered, he looked worse than anything, bruises all over his face, my father's bruised knuckles were enough to let me know he did that.

"Take a seat, Stella, right next to mama," He pulled the chair back, waiting for me to sit down, as two dead bodies of this family sat in the kitchen.

I couldn't dare drag my eyes back to my mother's decaying body, tears pooled in my eyes. I shook my head stepping backward.

"Estella," His voice held something dark, a chill went through my spine, it took everything in me not to run, instead, I dragged my feet to the chair, keeping my eyes on Grey and Spencer infornt of me.

"Were a family again,"

Knight took his seat at the head of the table like always, mama used to sit next to me, while Olivia sat next to Spencer and she sat next to Grey.

I stare down at the food on my plate, a fly touches my arm and I nearly threw up. He's fucking crazy.

"Grey, how's business going?" We dart our eyes to our father, why he dug into his food. He wanted to pretend, play that we were normal.

"G-Good," Grey's voice cracked, I watch his eyes stare at our mother's dead figure next to me, just sitting with her I can remember the night she died.

"Did you see the game last night?" Papa threw questions at us, we were afraid and scared, and I wanted nothing more than to throw up.

"Estella Athena Knight, you haven't touched your food, you know your mother doesn't like when you don't eat," Papa's voice meets my ears, I turn my gaze to him but still look at my mother's body as  I did.

"Right honey?" His eyes were on my mother like he was having an actual conversation with her, he laughed at something then turn his gaze back on me.

"Eat Estella,"

I gripped the fork, forcing myself to take a bite of the bacon and pancake, slowly chewing and trying my hardest not to throw up. We sat there, playing house, sick to my stomach and having to down the juice to keep down the food.

Once we finished, gruds took us back to our rooms, knowing Grey was here, his room was right next to mine, and this feeling rushed through me.

Once the door closed, I ran towards the toilet throwing up everything I had to consume.

~~~~~~

It was late, dinner was brought up to our rooms but I couldn't bear to eat. It was eleven at night, Darkness surrounded the room, leaving the lamp on I held my feet to my chest.

My hand traced the knife I had under my pillow, I had weapons hidden all around the room. I didn't think they would still be here but they were.

I gave one to Spencer through the Passage, I tiptoed to the bathroom, pulling back the mirror, this was another secret passage, to greys room.

I tapped on the board that separated it from my room, I waited until I heard a movement from his room. It didn't take long till he moved it, his face coming into view.

"Stella,"

"Grey," I breathed out, I pulled myself onto the counter, like I always did as a kid, somehow fitting into the sink.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, from what Celo told me, we had been here for three Sundays, I haven't seen her since we left the basement and my heart was heavy thinking something happen to her.

"I got here yesterday, he found out I was undercover at one of his bases," August told me he was undercover, "God, what did he do to you guys,"

From the shirt, I had on, you could see the bruises on my back, and his jaw tighten.

"Stella, I missed you so much," He reached for my hand, making me smile, I noticed just how much I missed physical contact without being scared.

"I missed you too," I smiled softly, I just sat there not speaking holding his hand. I needed it.

"There's been tales of the King, born by the Spanish heir and Italian Don. They knew he was bound to become the mad king, he comes from an endless bloodline of crazy," Grey starts, I knew he was talking about August.

Knowing he was talking about him filled this void feeling in my chest.

"De'luca men go crazy for their women,"

I heard it, an explosion at the front gate, the estate shook and I looked back at Grey with wide eyes.

"One thing about De'luca men, they always come and get what belongs to them,"

God, it's almost finished, I'm dying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...
70.8K 1.8K 35
â€ĸâ€ĸâ€ĸâ€ĸ 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨đĢ𝐨 Being in the shadows, she gets no attention from her abusive father. Only wanting to go to collage and become succes...
2.4M 40.9K 23
"Darkness can't drive out darkness, only light can do that." ............................. He was invisible, ambitious, a cold-hearted murderer who w...
346K 4.4K 47
[𝐌𝐚𝐟đĸ𝐚 𝐑𝐨đĻ𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞] Once lovers, now enemies, but their love was stronger. Milana Levine used to be one of the most well known assassins in N...