60 Seconds

By MysteryHwang

To me, such memories are only 60 seconds long. He settle into my heart in less than a minute, only 60 seconds... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 2

243 14 4
By MysteryHwang

"That's what you called two-faced bitch."

He can't believe this kid.

"I don't know what happened to you and P'Bella but whenever she's two-faced like you said, I don't care. That won't change the way I see her because she's kind and nice to me and that all matters." Tay said.

The younger smirked at him. "How old are you again?" he asked ad if he is mocking him.

"I can't talk to you," Tay said giving up this nonsense conversation. He is so annoyed that all the things he said were just ignored. He was about to leave when New speak again.

"You are not in Disney or fantasy movies, this is the reality. You will be killed by your mindset... P'Tay." New said, emphasizing his name and advancing to meet him. "Good luck, P'Tay." Again, emphasizing his name. He can't believe he is letting a kid mock him like that, with just a single name.

Yesterday, Tay was complaining to his mind that New didn't address P'Bella properly, but now, he should continue not to because it's annoying. It's like he is teasing and making fun of him. He smiled again and passed by him. The way New looked at him irritated him so much.

At the halfway point of walking, Tay stopped New by grabbing his arm. New doesn't like someone touching him, and he was about to shove Tay's hand away, but he was taken aback by him.

"Then, let's bring out your other side. I'm sure he's just hiding somewhere."

There was a surprise on New's face but his reaction was replaced by a wide smile, feeling excited about it. "Bring it on."

"60 seconds." The tanned boy said leaving the younger confused the hell out of him.

"Where have you been? Ms. Bella is looking for you." Grandma said. If he can only answer him that some kid randomly approached him and said crazy things, cursing and mocking him but he can't. Aside from that, he heard Bella's name, enough to calm him down a bit.

Tay's sad eyes sparkled for a few seconds after hearing that Bella was looking for him. He immediately ran to the back of the house where the van was parked, and he was right. Madam Aum and Bella were there talking.

"P'Bella, grandma said you were looking for me," Tay said catching his breath.

"Yes, I was. Yesterday, erm, I'm so sorry about New's." Bella apologizes on behalf of her brother. She was still embarrassed by what happened yesterday. It shouldn't turn out that way. "He was not like that... He's a good kid. I'm really sorry that you had to witness that scene." she added.

"No worries, I just talked to him and I think we will get along," Tay says. He wasn't lying when he said those. Though New might be someone who is opposite to him, he is eager to tame that boy. That mocking is what pushes him to do this though he doesn't have a plan on how to do it yet.

"Really? Oh my god, that's a good step I guess." Bella seems happy about Tay and New getting along since New will be staying here for a long time until he reaches 16. "Then, I will go less worried he might hurt you."

"He won't hurt me, P'. As you said, he is a good kid." Tay said, confidently despite that he wanted to bury the kid on the ground. "Anyway, you're really going to Bangkok? How long?" Tay asked. He doesn't want to sound sad but he can't help it.

Bella bit her lips and forced to smile while tapping Tay's head. "Well, I was about to tell you yesterday and things happened. I will stay there until I graduate college," she answered

That made Tay even sad. Bella will stay there until she graduates from college, it is like telling him that she will never come back here. Of course, once she finished college, she will also find a job there since there is not much of a job here plus the rate is low compared to if you actually work in the city. 

"I will visit here from time to time... but it will be hard, I will start focusing on my studies since I'm preparing for an entrance examination," She tried to sugarcoat him with a little honesty. She knew Tay is smart and he was not a child anymore to be sugarcoated but she can't help him when she know how fond the kid was of her.

"That's okay, P'. See you in 6 years?" Tay said, trying not to cry.

Bella nodded. "See you in 6 years. Goodbye, Tay."

"Off," Tay called his friend, who was busy playing a game on his new Gameboy Nintendo that her sister bought for him, "Off," he called out again.

"Aish, Tay, later." Off said, not wanting to disturb him during his match.

The tanned boy clicked his tongue, "Jumpol! Can't you see that your friend is heartbroken?" Tay whined to his friend. Finally, Off turned off his console game after Tay annoyed him and made him lose the match. 

"We're 14," Off commented.

If only they were of legal age, surely they would be in the bar trying to get wasted, but they are just 14 years old. Ever since Bella left, all Tay do is whined about how heartbroken and sad he is. Sometimes, he even dreamed to study faster so he can follow Bella in the city and live happily ever after. 

Tay took a deep breath and stared at the ceiling. "I wish I was 18 so I could protect P'Bella from his evil brother." He spoke.

Aside from being the heartbroken boy he is, Off was fed up with his friend keep saying how Bella's brother is the worst person he met in his world. Tay told him what happened at the house when Bella introduce him to her brother and it turned out disaster for Off, it is something that normally happens in families but it doesn't mean the boy is evil or something. So it's hard for Off to believe his friend no matter how much he convinces him that New is not the kid he knows.

"You should really stop picking him," 

He turned his head to his friend. "No, that kid is mad as heck. You cannot believe how filthy his mouth is. He cursed like it was nothing to him." Tay said. Just thinking of it is making his day even worse.

"Are you sure about that?" Off asked like he wasn't believing what Tay is saying about him. "He looks nice." Well, he does look nice and sweet. Tay can't deny that he 'LOOKS' nice. If he hadn't witnessed that scene, he would have also been thinking that way.

"Oh no, nice is not a word when it comes to him. I think I'm ready to puke anytime soon." Tay said dramatically.

"Why are you making a fool of a twelve-year-old?" Off said.

"I am not—" Tay said and took a deep breath, suppressing his anger. "I will prove to you, watch how that kid turns into a demon."

Later that day, his grandma asked him to accompany New and show him around since the new kid would live here starting that day. He doesn't want it at first, but after having thought about it, this will be his chance to prove to Off that he is not what he knows him to be.

"Nice my ass," Tay murmured. Grandma even agreed that he would let Off join them so New could be friends with him also.

On the other side, New is in the kitchen, slowly eating the pasta that was made by Tay's grandma. He hasn't had an appetite ever since. Food is not comforting at all. He finds them a burden because he needs them and does not want them but he wasn't that cruel not to eat what grandma prepares for him. She is nice and warm, which is something New likes. 

"Hi there, New." He sees two boys walking towards him. He kept his poker face and didn't greet them back. He is still figuring out what Tay is about to do. "I'd like you to meet my friend, Off Jumpol."

"Dude, we already met." Off said.

Tay scratches his head and takes a glance at New's face. No reaction at all. Tay seems happy about it because he wants to show Off that New is not nice at all and wasn't responding to his 'nice' greeting.

"See? He's antisocial." Tay whispered to Off. Tay cleared his throat and returned his gaze to New. "Do you want us to show you around?" Tay asked once again but the kid gave them the same reaction. "See, he's not what you think he—" The tanned boy thought he is near to achieving his plan but it turns out he is far away from them.

"Sure! I'd love to." New said in an unfamiliar tone. He has a deep and bored tone, but not today, he guesses.  He sounds nice and playful. The younger took time to see what Tay is up to that's why he wasn't showing any reaction when they greet them. "Let's go?"

"Too early to conclude." Off whispered at him before inviting New outside.

Again, Tay is left dumbfounded. He doesn't know what New is playing, but he is definitely nailing it.

"This is where we go to school." Off showed him every building in this small town, even their school that was too small for his liking. He just wishes that his mother didn't hate him so much that she would transfer him to this school. No matter how New put an act, sometimes he forgot that he is acting nice and accidentally put his annoyed look, "You look bored." Off added as he noticed how New wasn't listening to him.

"No, not at all. I'm just looking around." New answers and forced himself to smile.

Off stared at him for a second before starting to speak again. "Are you acting right now?" He asked. The white skin boy wanted to put this act on end, he just want to curse and go home alone. He wasn't even having fun, he doesn't want to lose from someone like Tay.

"No. Are you?" New asked back. Off didn't answer, he just continued staring at him as if he is looking for an answer in his eyes. "What can you get by just staring into my eyes?" New added but maintaining his friendly smile.

"Tay—" He scratched his head. "Tay actually told me that you are not what I thought. I mean, you're just 12 years old. He could misinterpret your spoiled side."

New wants to roll his eyes badly and wants to counter all that he just said about him. New took a glance at Tay. They were not that far from them, but not that close either. He is holding a stick and playing with the sand on the floor. "Why don't you just believe what your friend told you?" New said, sticking his eyes to Tay.

Off scratched his head, "I-I can, but I choose not to. I don't want to accuse someone like that," 

"Why?" New asked. Off was cut off halfway when he was about to open his mouth. "What if I never show you what Tay saw?" This time, he turned his head to the tall guy in front of him.

"Are you saying that...Tay is right?" Off asked slowly. There was a second of silence between them until New flashed his smile at him again.

"No. I'm just a curious 12-year-old kid." New said. Off can't deny that the conversation made him sweat the heck out of him. He was about to ask Tay's help if the conversation kept on going, but he wouldn't change his mind that New is not the person his friend was telling him about. He is not comfortable with him, that's for sure.

"Aren't both of you done?" Tay shouted, and that made the two turn their heads. "I'm hungry!" He shouted again.

"Let's go?" Off said 

New nodded in response.

Tay's grandmother prepared them food when they returned home. Off and New won't stop talking as if they knew each other for a very long time. While Tay is eating in silence, sulking about how close the two are, leaves him out of the conversation. He even starts to doubt himself. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe this is actually New or this kid has another evil twin hiding in the room. 

He doesn't know how New wanted to leave them both and lock himself in his room, but he can't just give up when the older guy is challenging him.

"I'll just get some water," Tay said before he stood up and left them.

"Excuse me." New's eyes followed the tanned boy and excused himself, following the other guy. Tay is pouring his glass of water when he senses that someone is standing behind him. "How was it?" New asked him as soon as their eyes meet.

"Shut up." He doesn't have the energy to argue with a boy.

"60 seconds," 

"What?"

"You told me 60 seconds," New said.

"Okay, repeating won't make me understand what you are saying," Tay said and placed his glass of water on the counter. New crossed his arm over his chest and gave him time to remember what he told him. "Ohhhh, that—"

"Let's play a game," New said, exactly when the big clock in the dining room rang again. It's 12 o'clock. "I've never heard of that 60-second thingy, but it sounds good. Tell me the rule." He added.

Tay wasn't sure if he wanted to participate in this game. He scratched his head and put his hand in his pocket. "Well, you know, P'Bella is the one who taught me this—"

"God, do you really need to mention her? Can't you keep your day without including her in your life?" New was in a good mood earlier, but now, Tay definitely ruined it. This boy is so obsessed with his sister.

"Hey, this is history. In order to play the game, you need to learn where it came from." Tay defended himself.

"What? Do I also need to know where you came from since I'm playing this with you?"

"Do you want to know or what?" New shrugged and waited for the older boy to explain. "That's what I like, so, this game is not just a one-time game. This will continue until someone drops it—"

"Can I add a rule?" He was interrupted by New.

Tay suppressed his anger before answering the younger guy "Yes, what is it?"

"Whoever dropped the game, needs to grant a wish," New said with a smirk on his face.

The way New said those made Tay nervous. It's a demon who is fighting with it. "O-Okay, deal. We could use 60 seconds once a day. If someone said our secret code, it means the game will start. Within 60 seconds, you need to do whatever you wanted to achieve, and we can't complain about it."

"What's the secret code?" New asked.

"I don't know, you pick," Tay answered.

"Polca."

"What the heck is Polca?"

"You said I could pick?"

"Fine, whatever. Anyway, did you get it? Do you need some explanation—" Tay once again got cut off when New stepped forward and dropped the glass of water in front of them. "What are—"

"Let me check to see if I got it right," New said and flashed his smile. "You better shut your mouth, polca."

"Wait, what—" New sat on the floor and acted as if Tay hurt him. He is still processing what's going on. What does New mean about shutting his mouth?

"Tay, why..." 

"What's the noise—New!" Off ran off when he saw New on the floor. He looked at Tay who was frozen in his place, "What have you done, Tay?!"

"What I did—" Tay stopped when he realized that he couldn't complain about it. He looked at New, who was now crying. He took a deep breath and started to count up to 60.

"Really? Do you have to go this far to prove what you are saying?" Off said. "Come on, New."

And they left him. Tay cursed under his breath, he didn't see it coming. They just started the game! How can he use their code seconds before they started it? Now Tay regrets that he introduce this game to that boy. On which side he looks at it, it will be a disadvantage. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 2K 97
Everything was alright before you came into my life. Or so I thought!! New Story of Tay New.
114K 5.4K 25
15 years gap yet you still fell in love. Finding love and resisting it.
8K 568 50
πŸ˜” I really feel that I have to put a R Rating on this one, not just Mature. I went way overboard on the intimacy. Something about these two, perhaps...
161K 6.3K 24
TayNew FanFic Best Friend who secretly in love with each otherπŸ’™ It's my first fanfic & Hope you all enjoy reading πŸ“– πŸ’™ Sorry if there is any typ...