Veins and Wires // Peter Park...

By Always_sane

H.A.I.L.E.Y. Or formally known as Humanoid Artificial Intelligence of Latency Experiment Youth is, as you gue... More

//Cast//
Prologues and Introductions
Teenage Rebellion Is Healthy, Guys
The First and Official Meeting
Goodbyes and Greetings
Cops and Robbers
Field Trips and Fails
Dumb Plans and Dumber Fails
Grounded and Imprisoned
Hell and Homecoming
Emotions and Confessions
Reunions and Rehiring
Back To Life and Normality
Talks and Threats
Puppy-uh...Adoration?
Naps and Nagging
Squidward Sucks and So Do You
Gaslight, Gatekeep, and Girlbosses
Wars and Reunions
Therapy and Thinking
Publicity and Charity
An Actress and An Aunt
Auntie Hailey and Amnesia
Missiles and Bigger Messes
Poor Planning and Poor Decisions
Move Ins and Found Out
Morning, Darling
Jealousy, Jealousy
Tours and Detours
Sick Days and Sarcasm
Moments and Missed Calls
In-Flights and Inside Chats
Angry Waters and Weird Heroes
Kooks and Bitterness
Naps and Kidnaps
Weirdness and Rage
Death and Ditching
Destruction and Realization
Holograms and Hallcinations
Seperation and Savings
Let's Split Up And Look For Clues
Endings and Beginnings
New Teams and Explanations
Talks and Texts
Loose Ends That End Badly
Dating Peter Parker Would Include:
WHAT THE FU-
Get Through and Get Over It
I Love You and We Need To Break Up
Disappointment and Doom
Cute Shit Cause I'm Bored and Lonely
Hentai Monsters and Heinous Ideas
Scooby-Doo Shit and Electric Triplet
Deals and Disasters
It All Goes To Hell and Back
Unexpected Visitors and Friends
Final Fights and Finales
Goodbyes and Good Riddance
Endings and Erased
Stories and... Sorcery?
Bloopers and Gag Reels
Talks and Texts PT. 2

Ditching and Detention

195 5 0
By Always_sane

This got deleted too-

After the Washington incident, Spider-Man popularity blew up around the school and possibly the country about his daring feat to save multiple people. Of course, since Circuit was on the inside of the monument, almost no one saw her and I was again, left in the shadows. I was not hurt though, since I was already an official Avenger and already popular. This was Spidey's chance to shine.

We walked through the hallway to meet Ned, surrounded by people freaking out about Spider-Man, even the news cast was doing whole ass segments about him.

"Up next: the Spider-Man mania is sweeping the school. How can you show your spider spirit?" I heard Betty on the news cast ask no one in particular as Ned scurried up beside us.

"Dude, dude, dude. What is it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?" He asked wide wide eyes at Peter and he half-hazardously looked over his shoulder to check if anyone was listening before leaning in.

"Crazy, dude," he grinned excitedly and I suppressed a smile at watching his giddiness.

"It's crazy. Should we tell everyone?" Ned asked and for a second, I thought he was joking until I saw his face.

"No," Peter replied, taken aback at his friend with wide eyes.

"Should I tell everyone?"

"No," I answered that time, giving him an annoyed look.

"No, dude. That's not a good idea," Peter said as we walked closer to class, or the exit which Peter and I were eyeing.

"Okay, come on, we'll be late to class," Ned reminded, walking ahead of us but we both stayed put with determination. Sure, it was stupid to skip class but when actual people were in danger I was not going to stand by and let it happen.

"I'm not going to class," Peter announced and I elbowed his side, hard, without looking at him making him wince. "We're not going to class," he corrected, gesturing strictly between only me and him and rubbed his probably bruised shoulder dramatically.

"You're already in trouble for ditching the decathlon," Ned tried to reason with him but Peter looked even more determined than before.

"Dude, listen, we figured it out. The wingsuit guy is stealing from Damage Control. What he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds the weapons. So all we gotta do is catch him," Peter planned casually like it was easy to catch a flying, high-tech bird man with alien tech at his disposal.

"There was not that much to figure out; it was kind of obvious," I pointed out but he simply gave me a look.

"But we have a Spanish quiz," Ned argued pathetically, not exactly winning the argument.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate... so when I bring this guy in..." Peter trailed off, letting his intentions go unsaid but it was pretty obvious what he meant from it. I stopped in my tracks, taken aback, and turned to him in confusion.

"That is your plan? After everything I told you, you still want to be an Avenger?" I interrogated him in disbelief at his idiocy but he did not seem that bothered by my words.

"You can choose not to come with me but I'd appreciate you being by my side," Peter reasoned genuinely making me open my mouth to argue but closed it, debating my options.

"Fine," I grumbled back begrudgingly, knowing there was no arguing with him but he would find out soon enough it was not that easy to just become an avenger, and walked to his side, trying to hide my flustered face at his words.

"Dude. You want to be a high school dropout?" Ned asked incredulously at his highly intelligent, though I would never admit it to his face, friend.

"I am so far beyond high school right now," Peter laughed walking backward toward the exit around the corner and I followed him until we stopped in our tracks at the principal who seemed to be waiting for us behind the corner.

"Parker, Martin, my office."

...

"So... you got detention. You screwed up. You know what you did was wrong. The question is, how are you gonna make things right? Maybe you were trying to be cool. But take it from a guy who's been frozen for 65 years... the only way to really be cool is to follow the rules. We all know what's right. We all know what's wrong. Next time those turkeys try to convince you of something..." The Captain America video played as he rambled on making me want to shoot my self in the head with my own energy blast as Peter and I sat dejectedly in detention. Peter sighed before suddenly getting up and leaving without a word as I raised my eyebrows at him in surprise.

"Where you going? Get back here," the coach who was stuck watching the kids who got detention yelled monotonously, not even bothering getting up to act like he cared if we ditched. I looked at the door and then at him before shrugging and following Peter out the door.

"Do you even have a plan or are we just going to walk aimlessly through the city?" I questioned him sarcastically once I caught up to him, still following him through the halls to the exit.

"We need to figure out who the guys under the bridge were that night... but I can only remember part of a license plate. What about you?" He asked, glancing at me and I smirked.

"Oh, I can do that," I nodded nonchalantly which clearly took him back and he fully turned his head toward me.

"You can?"

"I am a billion dollar android, of course I can," I scoffed at his underestimate of me and ran through my memory files to that day before finally finding the moment and checking databases on any clue to their identity. I came up empty for all but one of the people involved.

"I got one. Aaron Davis, age 33. He has a criminal record and even has an address in Queens," I relayed the information making him smile with satisfaction.

"Let's pay him a visit," Peter offered as he threw open the school door to the outside.

"Remember me?" Spidey in a way-too-low, gravelly voice said as we walked up in our super suits to Davis who stood behind his car in the parking garage of his apartment with the trunk open. Before he could make a break for it, Spidey webbed his hand to the still open trunk of the car, securing him in place.

"Hey..." Davis trailed off hesitantly with his hands up in surrender clearly not wanting trouble but it seemed like Spidey oddly wanted some anyway.

"I need information. You're going to give it to us now," Spidey ordered with that ridiculous voice from the interrogation mode set up in his suit that Karen offered up when I explicitly told him not to because it was ridiculous.

"All right, chill," Davis said defensively.

"You are embarrassing me, Webs," I spoke up bluntly with an annoyed voice, giving him a look that was mostly hidden by my mask but I did not care.

"Come on!"

"What happened to your voice?" Davis questioned with furrowed eyebrows, finally getting over the shock of the deep voice and started to realize Spidey was not going to do a thing to him to actually make him talk.

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you by the bridge. I know what a girl sounds like," Davis remembered casually, his fear officially leaving him.

"I told you not to agree to the interrogation mode," I sighed, lolling my head back to look at Spidey.

"I'm not a girl. I'm a boy. I mean, I'm a... I'm a man," Spidey stammered with the cartoonishly gravely voice making the whole conversation seem comical.

"I don't care what you are, a boy, a girl..."

"I'm not a girl. I'm a man. Come on, man. Look, who is selling these weapons? I need to know. Give me names or else," Spidey threatened him and he simply stared back at him before suddenly slamming the trunk of his car down causing him to jump back in fear. I facepalmed.

"He ain't ever done this before, huh?" Davis figured the obvious out, looking at me who was still trying to get over the embarrassment of working with him in public.

"He is a bit of noob, give the kid a break. So refer to him as a 'girl' again and I break your nose," I warned carefully making him fall silent and I looked at Spidey expectingly.

"Deactivate Interrogation Mode," he sighed, making the drone following him fall back into the empty place in his suit on his chest and making his voice go back to normal. "Look, man. These guys are selling weapons that are crazy dangerous. They can't be out on the streets. If one of them can cut Delmar's Bodega in half..."

"You know Delmar's?" Davis asked, catching his attention.

"Yeah, best sandwich in Queens," Spidey replied in a 'duh' voice as if Delmars was world famous.

"Sub Haven's pretty good."

"Eh, it's too much bread."

"What the hell is happening?" I muttered mostly to myself in annoyance, questioning all my life choices.

"I like bread," Davis said in offense at him not liking bread.

"Come on, man, please," Spidey pleased with the man but he did not respond making him turn and walk away in defeat. "Stupid Interrogation Mode. Karen, don't ever do that again," he grumbled to his A.I. in his suit but I stayed put, throwing a begging look at Davis.

"Come on, dude. Give us something," I sighed making him pause and debate with himself whether to say his thoughts out loud before settling on giving in.

"The other night, you told that dude, "if you shoot somebody, shoot me." That was pretty ballsy. He always like that?" He asked me making Spidey stop and turn back to us as I looked Davis up and down, wondering if he was being sarcastic or not until I realized he was not.

"Annoyingly so," I answered honestly and he nodded as Spidey walked back to my side.

"I don't want those weapons in this neighborhood. I got a nephew who live here," Davis said and I knew he was telling the truth causing me and Spidey to share a look.

"Who are these guys? What can you tell me about the guy with the wings?" Spidey interrogated for the both of us.

"Other than he's a psychopath dressed like a demon, nothing. I don't know who he is or where he is," he told us and we looked down in disappointment at the news but he only paused. "I do know where he's gonna be."

"Really?"

"Yeah, this crazy dude I used to work with... he's supposed to be doing a deal with him," he informed us and Spidey immediately jumped up slightly in euphoria.

"Yes! Yes. Thank you-!" He exclaimed ecstatically, heading to the exit and I stayed put again, staring at him in disbelief.

"Dude!" I snapped at him making him turn back to me in confusion and I raised my arms and slapped them back down to my sides in irritability.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. I didn't tell you where. You don't have a location," Davis reminded him making his suits eyes widen in realization.

"Right, of course. Yeah, my bad. Silly. Just..." Spidey laughed at his mistake, walking back over for the third time and leaned his body over the cars top in curiosity. "Yeah. Where is it?"

"Can I give you some advice?" Davis offered him with his head tilted slightly to the right.

"Hmm?"

"You gotta get better at this part of the job. Be more like her," he advised, jerking his head toward me causing me to smirk and slowly turn my head to Webs smugly.

"I don't understand. I'm intimidating," Spidey argued defensively, leaning on the car to prove his point but ended up doing the opposite, looking even more like a dork.

"You are really not," I said, shaking my head at him and even though his mask hid his face I could tell he was glaring at me and my comment.

"Staten Island Ferry, 11," Davis said and i realized that in less than an hour.

"Oh, that's soon," Webs realized as well and turned to go as I finally started to follow him out. "That's gonna dissolve in two hours!" He shouted to Davis over his shoulder, referring to the webs that still stuck his hand to his car.

"No, no, no. Come fix this," he shouted at us for his voice to be heard from the fifty feet we were already away from him.

"Two hours. You deserve that!" Webs shouted back unsympathetically making me suppress a chuckle at him.

"I got ice cream in here! Circuit, come on!" Davis begged but I simply waved goodbye over my shoulder, throwing him one last smile behind my mask.

"Try to keep out of trouble!"

"You deserve that! You're a criminal! Bye, Mr. Criminal!" He waved and I followed him, waving casually at Aaron goodbye before snorting at Spidey who was speed walking out of the garage.

"You are such a dumbass," I laughed at him, shaking my head as we headed to our next destination.

...

We flew/swung onto a building near the docking point of the ferry. As soon as it starts to leave the docks, we leap as Spidey uses his new glider wings and I levitate. We both hang onto the hull of the ship with him grunting.

"Nice," he squeaks out as he peeked into a window, searching for the sellers. I scan the premises, spotting two suspicious men talking to each other.

"Okay, Karen, activate Enhanced Reconnaissance Mode."

"Sure thing," Karen answered as we both listened in to their conversation.

"He's upfront. Main deck," one of them announced to the other.

"I hate this guy," a familiar voice responded.

"It's the guy from the bridge, right? Who's that other guy?"

"I do not know, he seems to have no criminal record in my database," I replied as I quickly looked him up to find absolutely nothing.

"Incoming call from May Peter. Should I reroute to your heads-up display?"

"I can't talk right now. I'll call her back."

"Yeah and that is certainly going to end well for you," I commented, knowing full well his aunt is going to be pissed when he gets home. "She probably figured out about detention. You should at least text her back," I noted, which was ignored by Spidey as his spider drone pops from his chest and fly above us.

"Hey, dronie, keep an eye on that guy. We can't let anybody get away this time."

"You call it dronie? That is so cute," I muttered the last part as I watched 'dronie' hover by the windows, watching them.

"What?"

"What?"

"What did you say?" Spidey asked trying to hide the smugness from his voice.

"I said nothing, you probably just imagined it," I shrugged flying up onto the roof of the ferry and peaked over the edge to get a better view of the men. Spidey crawled on the wall onto the roof and to the edge of the roof to peer down at four men on the front deck with me.

"Who's the guy on the left?"

"Mac Gargan," I answered before Karen did as a concerningly long criminal record showed up in my cybernetic eye. "Super long criminal record...oh and including homicide. Great," I announced, skimming through the list.

"Would you like me to activate Instant Kill?" Karen asked cheerfully making me glance at Spidey.

"No, Karen, stop it with the Instant Kill already!" Spidey exclaimed as we both turned to listen in to the four men.

"White pickup truck," the man simply over his shoulder discreetly making the other man nod and walk away.

"Dronie, scan the ship for a white pickup truck," Spidey commanded making the drone fly up quickly as Spidey saw what it saw.

"Got it. Oh, this is too perfect. We got the weapons, buyers, and sellers all in one place."

"Finally something in my life is easy and convenient."

"Incoming call from Tony Stark," Karen announced in Spidey's ear making his eyes grow wide.

"Well that was short-lived," I noted.

"No, no, no. No, no, don't answer-" Karen answered. Traitor.

"Mr. Parker. Got a sec?" I pierced my lips to silence any noise I could make so he would not know I was there.

"Uh, I'm actually at school," Spidey lied, trying to leave the call desperately with his eyes wide.

"No, you're not," Karen noted, sounding slightly confused.

"Nice work in D.C," father complimented making me narrow my eyes.

"Okay."

"My dad never really gave me a lot of support... And I'm just trying to break the cycle of shame," Spidey looked at me as I pulled my mask down down past my mouth. I mouthed 'daddy issues, it runs in the family,' making Spidey nod and whisper 'ah.'

"Uh...I'm kind of in the middle of something right now."

"Don't cut me off when I'm complimenting you. Anyway, great things are about to-" father started before getting interrupted by the loud blow of the ferry horn.

"What is that?"

"Uh, I'm at band practice." Still a terrible liar.

"That's odd. Happy told me you quit band six weeks ago. What's up?"

"I gotta go. Uh, end call," Spidey said making my eyes widen in shock while the guys below us continued to talk.

"Hey-" father started before the call ended making me gape at Spidey.

"Dude!" I hissed as Spidey grabbed the keys from the seller's hands.

"Yoink!" Spidey exclaimed, jumping down from the roof making me follow him in annoyance.

"Hey, guys. The illegal-weapons-deal-ferry was at 10:30. You missed it," he disarms two of the men as I shock the other, using my electric forcefield to slam him against the ground and push him into the ocean. Spidey dodges one of the guys' weapons in hand which made it get stuck in the gate.

"You do know that was an atrocity of a quip, right?" I muse as two other guys come at us but Spidey webbed them before they could land a hit on us, throwing them to the ground.

"Are you guys okay? My bad. That was a little hard," he asked, admittedly making me chuckle.

"And excuse you, I'm proud of that joke. I mean it wasn't my best but still." He said, turning his body towards me offended with his hand on his chest. Our conversation was interrupted, however, when we heard the rambling of the metal gate. We eyed the guy whose hand is still stuck in the gate, struggling to get free.

"Gonna be honest, I am a little disappointed. The other guy had quite faster reflexes to not get his hand stuck in a gate like a kid with a tight bucket on his head in a cartoon." I commented honestly as Spidey reloaded his web-shooters casually.

"I'm honestly, I'm, I'm shocked," Spidey added shaking head disappointingly as we shared a look knowing what was behind us.

"You can do it this time," Spidey said charmingly.

"Aw, what a gentleman," I responded as I shot a bolt of electricity from my body behind us. It hit the men running at us and made them drop to the floor like flies. It was not a lethal level of voltage but it was sure going to have them out for a few hours. Suddenly, an older man bashed a guy's head into a van, making him pass out. Spidey and I start to walk towards him but are interrupted by suddenly armed agents coming out of nowhere, pointing their guns at us. What the hell is even happening right now because I am so lost?

"Freeze! FBI!"

"Don't move."

"Get on the ground." Okay guys, do not move or get on the ground, which one are we going for?

"Wait, what do you mean, FBI?"

"The FBI is the Federal Bureau of Investigation," Karen informed unhelpfully.

"I know what the FBI means, but what are they doing here?" Spidey asked as we both stood there, gaping at the scene in front of us. Before we could process what was going on, metal wings burst out of a white van nearby which distracted the agents. Of course, the first thing they think of when they see a metal figure flying straight towards them is to shoot at it because that penetrates the metal and to not dodge the hurtling metal figure. Dumbasses.

"Get out of the way! Get out of the way!" Spidey yelled as the metal figure fires a weapon at the agents and grabs a car and chucks it at them.

"Move, idiots!" I yelled as Spidey got hit instead of the agents, falling into the water. Just as the bird's brain started to fire the weapon again I zapped it out of his hands and repeatedly hit him with high bolts of electricity opening to deactivate his suit. His suit started glitching slightly from the electric current and shot his weapon at me in a moment of desperation. The blast hit me in my inner thing, causing a hole to appear through my synthetic skin making me groan in pain.

"Get to the top deck. We're getting out of here," he says to the shocker guy as he starts to fly away. Spidey shoots the web at Vulture's leg and pulls as the agents fire their guns at him again. Way to help out, guys. Of course, I was leaning on the wall trying to make sure my leg did not fall off, utterly useless, but still why the guns guys?

WARNING WARNING: Right leg compromised and failing.

Really? No! Are you sure?

Bird's brain protects himself from the guns by shielding himself with his wings as Spidey pulled on his leg with the web, keeping him from flying away. Big bird shoots two beams, one at the agents who dodged at the last second and the other to the upper floor of the ferry. He tries to pull away from Spidey who latched a car onto him as an anchor for him.

I push my hands forward onto the bird brain, creating a force field that stopped him from flying any further and pushed him down, pulling him down to the ground with Spidey. Hey, I am useful for once.

He pulls in the opposite direction suddenly making Spidey fly upwards with him as he hung on by a thread or web I should say. He went through my force field making his suit spark and glitch all over but still was able to drag Spidey around the sky. Oh, shit.

I tried to push myself off the ground but that only made my leg spark dangerously, leaving me in agony on the ground. But of course, I had already done my job right. Bird's brain's suit glitch and swerved right, making him drop his weapon alongside Spidey. The glowing pink weapon dropped on the ground with clang as I sighed in relief that Spidey was okay. Of course, then I realized the weapon was glitching also and started to shoot dangerous beams all around itself. And then it hit me in my only good arm left, making me his in pain and annoyance.

WARNING: Right-arm compromised and failing. Please report back to Stark Industries.

Yeah, that is not happening, system.

Spidey moved towards it, trying to catch it with his webs, stopping it for a moment.

"You're messing with things you don't understand," the bird brain warns just as the weapon broke through his webs, exploding in beams. It sliced through the ferry's floors, cutting the entire ferry in half, hastily avoiding the passengers as bird brains fly away to the other side of the ship and out of view.

I run in agony to Spidey who was muttering to Karen about scanning the strongest points of the ship. He is trying to stitch up the ship with his webs, which is smart but not going to last forever. I start to run to Spidey to help but before I get to him my leg completely comes undone and my arms spark dangerously making me scream alongside the passengers.

I breathe through it as Spidey starts hopping around the middle of the ferry, stitching it up as I try to push the sides together with my force field but it ends up too much for me. I fall down like a rag doll and groan in pain. The last thing I see is a metal figure in the sky, flying quickly towards us.

SYSTEMS FAILED.

Reporting Stark Industries for maintenance...

Please wait for transportation to arrive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 145 49
When a teenager girl gets transported to different universes Her whole world changes. When Aria Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark gets involved in a...
113K 2.4K 104
Y/n was experimented on in Sokovia with her siblings Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. She got both of her siblings powers and is more powerful than both of...
40 0 21
You are a 15 year old that lived in Brooklyn. You, your mom Reese, your dad Dave just moved to Queens for some reason. You are just a regular teenage...
43.7K 1.1K 12
Peter Parker is your normal 15-year-old. EXCEPT for the fact that he swings around Queens saving lives in a red and blue spandex. One day, he unexpec...