FOREVER YOURS

By latenight-writes

Meet Angela Santiago, the daughter of the most feared mafia boss in Spain and the sister of three overprotect... More

Aesthetics
PART ONE.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
PART TWO: The Letter
Author's note

Chapter 29

12.1K 321 152
By latenight-writes

Elijah's pov
-------------------------
Thirteen years ago:

I don't want to be here.

I don't even know why I'm here in the first place. My father only told me that he had to discuss business with the Don of the Spanish mafia.

I'm going to be the the future Don of the Italian mafia but my father doesn't involve me with anything that concerns the mafia at all. So I don't see the point of me coming with him here if I'm only going to stay in the stupid living room the whole time.

I sigh as I sit on the couch, also taking advantage of closing my eyes for a few minutes. I didn't get much sleep last night so I might aswell just use this time to rest my eyes for a bit.

My rest is shortly lived as the sound of someone entering the room causes me to immediately open my eyes.

A short girl with long black hair, skips into the room while holding a small packet in her hands. She spots me in the room and instantly smiles, her big green eyes catching my attention.

She takes a seat next me and I notice the packet in her hands were sweets. Gummy bears, to be precise.

Disgusting.

"Hey." Her sweet soft voice fills the room.

I stay silent

"What's your name? "She asks.

Quiet.

"Come on, don't be like that. What's your name?"

I close my eyes before sighing. "Elijah." I answer shortly.

She nods while plopping another gummy bear into her mouth. "My name's Angela, by the way."

"I didnt ask" I grunt.

"Well now you know," she says while still chewing. "Elijah."

My heart stupidly skips a beat at the way she says my name. But I push that feeling down and glare at her.

"Leave me alone." I say quite rudely but she continues to smile at me.

She holds out het palm with the sweets towards me and I lean back, twisting my face in disgust. "How can you eat those? They taste awful."

She pulls her sweets away before clutching them to her chest. She looks at me like I've just hurt her puppy or something. "My gummybears does not taste awful." She says before squinting her eyes at me. "You have awful taste, thank you very much."

I almost chuckle at the way she acts.

Almost.

About an hour passes with her mindlessly talking and telling me bunch of stuff I'm not entirely interested in.

But I somehow find myself enjoying her company?

"So. . . what do you for fun?" She asks randomly.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Fun?"

Her eyes widens before looking at me as if I'm crazy. "You don't have fun?!" She asks in horror.

I stare at her blankly.

She starts shaking her head. "That just won't do." She states. "I have a bunch of fun games we can play, if you want." She offers with big doe eyes.

"What games?" I ask hesitantly.

She squeals with delight and claps her hands. "We can play in the garden. And play hide and seek. Or maybe in the treehouse in the backyard. And I have enough toys for the both of us,so you don't need to worry." She rambles.

Her eyes widens as if she came to the realization of something. "Can we be friends?!" She asks. "I've never had one before."

The sparkle in her eyes makes me feel warm inside.

A feeling a haven't felt in a while.

Before I could say something back, a stern voice speaks.

"Time to go, Elijah." The voice my father says.

He's impatiently waiting by the door but what catches me off guard is that he isn't even looking at me. He's looking - or rather glaring - at Angela.

I frown but nod nonetheless. My father leaves the room and Angela stands in front of me just as I'm about to leave.

"Wait."She holds out her pinky finger towards me with a smile. "Let's make a promise."

I raise an eyebrow at her. "And what for?"

"Promise that you'll come back."She says with a hopeful look on her face. My chest feels heavy at the thought of having someone who actually wants my company. Who actually wants me to come back to them.

I release a deep breath before locking my pinky with hers.

"I promise."

Her smiles brightens as she unexpectedly throws her arms around me. I almost stumble back but catch myself.

She let's go of me when my father's voice calls out to me again.

Reaching the outside of the front door ,I hear that sweet but soft voice again. "Bye Elijah! Nice meeting you!" She says just before my father closes the door.

Getting into the car, I block the sound of my father's voice as I look out of the window. Just as we make a turn to leave, I catch sight of that same black haired girl with beautiful green eyes - staring directly at me from the window.

She smiles as she points towards her pockets before pointing at me. I frown as we drive down the driveway.

I put my hands in both my pockets before freezing. Taking my left hand out, I stare at the small packet.

Gummy bears.

And for the first time in a very long time.

I smile.

*******

The present:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

This is the first irritating noise I hear when I reach consciousness. I groan as I try opening my eyes. My entire body hurts as I try to move.

My eyelids feel heavy as I try to open them. But when I finally do I squint my eyes to look at my surroundings.

I'm in a hospital?

I try to sit up but wince as pain spreads through my side. I look down at my body to see that the left side of my torso is wrapped and my left leg and foot is in a cast. My skin is covered in scratches and a few bruises.

What the hell happened?

My head throbs as the horrendous memories hit me all at once.

The black SUV's that were following us.

Shooting at us.

Speeding through the streets with them closely behind us...

And....and Angela screaming....

Angela.

Angela!

I jump of the bed and straight toward the door, ignoring the pain that shoots up my leg and the burning sensations from my side.

Opening the door I find Dante standing next to my mother who's sleeping uncomfortably on a chair.

Dante lifts his head and he has a huge bruise on his cheekbone and small cut on his lip. I frown and glance down at my mother. My heart squeezes at the sight of the tears staining her cheeks and the small frown on her face as she sleeps.

I shake my head turning left to go and find Angela. I need to see her.

Before I can take another step, Dante stops me by gripping my arm. I glare at him. "Let go of me. Now." I grit out through clenched teeth.

"You can't see her,Elijah." He says with seriousness I don't often see him display.

I rip my arm out of his grip. "And why the hell not?" I shoot him a deadly glare while pointing my finger at him and moving closer. "No one's going to stop me from seeing her. Not even you. "

Dante sighs but nods nonetheless before stepping away.

Half limping down the hallway I see a few figures standing outside a room. When I spot one of Angela's brothers I try walking a bit faster, my heart racing faster with each step as I near them.

Angela's father, Antonio, spots me as I go to open the door. Before I have time to even grip the handle, I'm hauled back.

Turning around, a fist meets my jaw that causes me to stumble back. Because of my already weak condition, I don't have much time to recover as another fist meets my stomach.

I probably should have seen that coming.

I groan as I'm lifted back to my feet as he grabs me by the collar. "This is all your fault! She's in there because of you!"

Anger boils through my veins as I push him back. Guilt weighs heavy on my chest as his words fill my ears. But my anger and desperation out weighs the guilt I'm feeling in this moment.

Ignoring them, I turn back towards the door but someone catches my arm. I glare at Angelo as he pushes me away from the door and I bump into Theo, who locks my arms behind my back.

I grunt as the pain from my side intensifies. Mason and his father comes into view as they stand in front of me while Angelo comes and helps Theo to hold me back.

"You're not going near her again." Mason sneers. "This is the second time something happened to her while she was with you."

My heart sinks as I come to the realization that this is the second time that Angela got hurt because of me.

Me. I hurt her.

I wipe any emotions that might show on my face and struggle against their grip while glaring at Mason and his father. "You're not going to decide if I can see her or not!"

That's up to Angela. If she doesn't want to see me again, then I'll stay away from her. I'll give her what ever she wants. Even if it might take a chunk of my already empty heart.

"I'm not going to risk putting my daughter in your hands again. I thought she would be safe with you but I was wrong." Antonio says as his fists clenches at his sides. He points towards the room in which she's staying. "My baby girl is in there. A place in which I didn't want to see her again. Sh- she doesn't deserve any of this..." he manages to say.

Again.

It feels as if the air is being sucked out of my lungs as the memories of ten years ago come flooding back again.

Only this time I'm the cause of her being in this position.

Letting my mask fall, I display all the emotions I'm feeling in this moment. I look at Antonio, hoping he sees the silent plea in my eyes. "Can I at least just check if she's okay?" I croak out.

He says nothing, looking at me with an emotionless expression.

I can still remember a time when he used to look at me as if I was one of his sons - when my own father didn't. But now . . . all I see is disgust.

My eyes burn as the same feeling I felt years ago spreads throughout my heart. "Please..." I whisper with so much desperation, I didn't think I would ever feel again.

Antonio looks away from me and turns his back to us. "Take him back to his room. I don't ever want him near Angela again." He orders his sons.

I fight with all the strengh I have left against their grip as they start to pull me back. "NO!" I shout and elbow Angelo in the gut. He falls forward and clutches his stomach.

I go to punch Theo but he catches my fist and punches me on my injured side. I hiss in pain and stumble back.

I don't give up though and move back towards the room. I can't give up now.

Halfway to the door, I'm shoved against the wall. I grunt and try to fight back but suddenly a sharp pain stings on the side of my neck. Looking to my left, I find Theo with an empty injection needle.

Angelo grips my shoulders as I start to go limp. I look back at the room where Angela's staying in with so much longing. My arm lift towards the door as the two brothers begin to drag me away.

My half lidded eyes burn as I think of her and not being able to see her again.

I need to see her. I need to see my Angel. I need to make sure she's okay.

I need her.

******

Don't forget to vote and leave comment.Thank you💕♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 39.1K 28
Olivia has wanted out of the mafia life since her mother was killed, but when she is for to marry the oldest Cortez to keep her brother from being ki...
615K 3.2K 12
#book 1 in the desire of blood. She is the one and only daughter of the most powerful Italian Mafia King and Queen. she has 6 older brothers who are...
719K 16.8K 74
Book 1 of the 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 series {Duology} 𖤓 𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢...
499K 18.7K 53
Daniela O'Brien. Dani is the girl you would say has absolutely no luck going for her at all. Two dead parents, an estranged sister and an abusive, c...