Don't Forget Me. Sting x OC...

By mnerie_

3 months have passed ever since the S-Mage Trial Exam at Tenrou Island and since Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Wen... More

Character Info.
Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh
Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey
Chapter 03 - Encounters
Chapter 04 - First Thoughts
Chapter 05 - A Nickname & Promises
Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories
Chapter 08 - Departure
Chapter 09 - Time Passed By
Chapter 10 - Accident
Chapter 11 - Search
Chapter 12 - Awaken
Chapter 13 - Welcome Back Home!
Chapter 14 - Greetings and Announcements
Chapter 15 - Determination and Teams
Chapter 16 - Reunited in Crocus
Chapter 17 - Worries
Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony
Chapter 19 - Defeat and Feelings
Chapter 20 - Emotional Outbursts
Chapter 21 - Flushed and Break-in
Chapter 22 - Crave and Despise
Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation
Chapter 24 - Mixed Feelings
Chapter 25 - Disappointment
Chapter 26 - Loss
Chapter 27 - Comfort
Chapter 28 - Pursue
Chapter 29 - A New Promise
Chapter 30 - Fight To The Finish
Chapter 31 - Perception
Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth
Chapter 33 - Meeting Darkness
Chapter 34 - Ideas and Getaway
Chapter 35 - The Uncertain Job
Chapter 36 - Preparation
Chapter 37 - Day Out With Sabertooth
Chapter 38 - Feast and A Helping Hand
Chapter 39 - Warm Embrace
Chapter 40 - Babysitting
Chapter 41 - The Steady Occassion
Chapter 42 - Questions and Confession
Chapter 43 - Declaration
Chapter 44 - The Approach
Chapter 45 - Forgiveness
Chapter 46 - Small Visit
Chapter 47 - Abducted
Chapter 48 - Devastated
Chapter 49 - Into The Wrong Hands
Chapter 50 - Suffering
Chapter 51 - Desire
Chapter 52 - Broken Walls
Chapter 53 - Enlightenment
Chapter 54 - Three Dragons VS Darkness
Chapter 55 - Betrayal
Chapter 56 - Vulnerable
Chapter 57 - Don't Forget Me
Epilogue - Final
A/N ~
A/N of Cover ! ~

Chapter 06 - Tears, Softness and Protection

12.5K 303 73
By mnerie_

Cynthia's POV

"Hey Sting-kun..."

"What is it Cee-chan?", he looked over to me while pouring some soup into a few bowls. It was bright and sunny in the morning.

I woke up later than Sting cause I really do hate getting up from my peaceful sleep in the morning. Let me tell you. I am not a morning, nor will I ever be. After the first night at Sting's and Lector's house, we both took turns alternately sleeping in his room and with the living room couch. It was perfectly normal since it has almost been a week. But... Lector was still asleep in Sting's bed, I'm guessing he's tired, hehe.

"Yesterday, after what Lector said to you, you promised him about beating this Salamander person and that you defeated a dragon....", he stared into me, as if he was trying to read my thoughts.

"Um... who is this dragon...?", I asked curiously. He picked up the bowls of soup and walked over to me where I was sitting on the table, and placed the bowls down. Then he grabbed some spoons from the drawer and sat down in front of me.

"... You probably won't believe me like the other's do... but the dragon's name was Weisslogia. He was my.... father..." he looked into the bowl of soup that was in front of his face, before scooping some into his spoon.

'Exactly like Natsu-san... ' I thought.

"I believe in you, Sting-kun." I said without hesitation and looked at him seriously.

"Oh... and what happened to him?" I added carefully. I remembered a time when Natsu-san, Gajeel-san and Wendy-chan telling me that their parents are dragons and they disappeared on July 7, X777, mysteriously all in the same day and year. It was a mystery still that hasn't been discovered yet.

"You believe me...? You're not like the others Cee-chan. I'm surprised that you're the second one to believe me like Lector. Why do you say that? and...I...I killed him...with my own hands", he said darkly, but there was a hint of sadness. I wasn't expecting that. He killed his own parent? H-how did he... and for all the reason... why?!?!.

"I just do. You eyes and heart says so. You're serious about it and I know that you wouldn't joke about it. I just heard rumors about dragons around the world... That's all, nothing special... and w-why...did you... kill him? if you don't mind me asking", I was very curious and serious at the same time while taking a spoonful of soup.

Sting took in a deep breath and stared at me with his dark blue orbs that seem to be clouded, "Interesting... Cee-chan..., really you are different and interesting" he mumbled. "and...Weisslogia... he.... told me to kill him" he added as he took his gaze away from me and gazed towards the window. Hearing this, made me to slightly choke on the soup I sipped on, but lightly coughed it away.

"I didn't want to kill him though...but he kept on telling me to do it" he continued in a sad tone. I just kept my gaze on him until he could finish.

"He told me that, those who wield Dragon Slayer Magic become stronger by spilling dragon blood. Even so, I still refused to do it.... Show me proof that you learned Dragon Slayer Magic... was what he said" Sting was still looking towards the window. In my mind and heart, I know that Sting really didn't want to kill his father. I could never see him to kill the people and Weisslogia of whom he loves and values in his life.

Keeping my gaze on him... I could see tears falling slowly down his cheek. My heart felt like it was being crushed at the sight of him crying. It pained me, I gave a frown and understood on how he might've been lonely after he 'killed' his father. How he didn't had a choice but to kill his own father. But soon Lector came along and then I appeared, giving him comfort. Seeing Sting like this was very heartbreaking. I want to help him, to take away his pain and sadness that he endured, to protect him. Without knowing my actions, I got up from my chair and walked behind him. Sting didn't even noticed so I slowly wrapped my two small arms onto his waist and laid my head on his back. I felt him stiffen at my presence but slowly relaxed and placed his two hands on my arms.

"S-sting-kun... g-gomen... I didn't mean for you to bring it up..." I sniffled onto his back.

He slowly shook his head and slightly turned his head to face me over his shoulder. "N-no... It's fine, I wanted to tell you about it anyways. It was all in the past... so there's nothing more I can do" he murmured. I hugged him tightly and sighed.

"It's...it's not okay!" I cried. Sting was surprised. He clenched his jaw as his hands on my arms, slightly tightened.

"To be honest... I think that Weisslogia-san just wanted to see how you've improved with your abilities and wanted to prove that you were his only son. He was proud and a caring father who loved you as his own. Maybe he had reasons as to why he wanted you to... finish him. Because for him to ask you to kill him out of the blue, doesn't make any sense... I don't know what else to say... but I want you to know that I am here for you and I want you to share your pain with me. I don't want to see you like this, it pains me a lot and I can't bear with it. Even Lector wouldn't like to see you in pain" I said softly while sniffing.

Sting dropped his hands from my arms causing me to let go of him and he turned around to face me. He looked to the side with tears and blushed. In one swift motion, my chin was suddenly on something soft and warm. I looked over to my left to see blond spiky hair, it was Sting hugging me.

"A-arigato... Cee-chan. That means a lot to me and I am glad that you care about me. You and Lector. I am truly happy with the two of you in my life", he mumbled and hugged me tightly. Now this caused me to blush. I slowly lifted my arms and hugged him back.

As I was about to speak, Sting interrupted to what I was about to say.

"Cee-chan. I have never really thought about it that way... I mean the way on how you told me about Weisslogia to kill him. Maybe he had reasons, probably he didn't want to tell me because he wanted me to figure it out myself or something... Thank you for understanding me." he smiled into my hair and pulled back from the hug to look at me with a grin on his face.

"Now that's the Sting-kun I know", giggling, he blushed red tomato.

"H-hey!... I...err...uh... mhm..." he stuttered. I laughed at his shyness and patted his head.

"But... r-really though, Cee-chan... arigato.... you helped me to mostly drain the pain away, I feel a little bit better now. I am really happy that you're here!" he added with the blush still on his face.

"You're welcome Stin-stin-kun! I'm glad to be helpful even though it wasn't much. I am always here for you, remember our promise?", I grinned and ruffled his hair. Then I walked back to my seat to finish my soup that was probably cold already.

He stared at me dumbfounded.

"What?" I asked.

"Y-you.... uh... what...? Stin-stin...kun? Wha-what kind of n-nickname is that?", he stared at me with embarrassment, forgetting about what I said and continued to lecture me with his nickname I made up.

"What? You don't like it? I think it's cute!" I squealed. He seemed annoyed and glared at me playfully.

"It's... weird... and annoying..."

"It's not weird! I like it. That will be your nickname from now on!" I winked and slowly ate my soup.

"Yes it's weird! C-change it! Onegai!" he pleaded.

"Yada"

"Please!"

"Nope!" I popped the 'p'.

"Please! I am begging you!"

"No way. I like it so I'm keeping it. Nothing will change my mind" I said nonchalantly.

"Ugh... you're unbelievable. I give up on you to change that weird nickname" he raised his hands in defense and sat back down to finish his untouched soup.

"What's weird...?" a voice asked from behind.

We looked over to see Lector who was standing by the bedroom door and looked confused at our conversation, as he rubbed his eyes. Seems like the little cat finally got to wake up from his beauty slumber.

"Eh, i-it's nothing Lector", Sting-kun nervously answered and took a sip on his spoon.

"...Right..." Lector said uncertainly as I giggled.

"Oh and Cee-chan... You were helpful and yes I remember. I always will..." he smiled.

I gave a back, while Lector gave us a mischievous smile in which me and Sting didn't notice at all and the little exceed walked over to the table.

---

Timeskip - 8 Hours Later~

Sting, Lector and I were just walking around the village, the same thing as always. Nothing really new happened. The sky was calm, the air was warm and it felt very soothing. I can hear other kids my age giggling and playing games with one another. Sting, on the other hand wasn't really involved with the other kids in the village. He only stayed with me and Lector, which he prefered and wanted to stay like that.

"Sting-kun... Cynthia-chan... What do you guys wanna do...?" Lector asked who was staring into space while walking. I shrugged of having no clue on what to do, Sting scratched the back of his neck.

"Hmmm.. maybe we can go to the pond?" he suggested.

"Might as well, we have nothing else to do" I said.

We walked for another 10 minutes, from a few feet away I can see the pond surround by trees and many flowers. It was pretty! So I ran towards the pond with Sting and Lector who were walking behind and were amused by my childish attitude. Ignoring their amusement, I laughed heartedly and flailed my arms up in the air. Skipping towards the pond I look in to see a few fishes swimming away from my gaze, then the reflection of my face appeared. Next to me was Sting's refection who was smiling back. Turning my face slightly on my should I looked to see his face and smiled back.

Wondering where Lector was, I heard a few splashes and looked to the side to see Lector who was trying to catch some fishes, making me to giggle. He was too cute, trying to catch a few but failed and fell into the pond.

"Oi! Lector, be careful or else the fishes will eat you instead" Sting laughed.

Lector came out of the water with a fish in his mouth and smirked.

"Looks like he got the first bite instead" I giggled. Sting just rolled his eyes playfully and laughed again.

We stayed there the whole time, laughing and making fun of each other. I even made some flower head wreaths and necklaces for the three of us. I placed one on top of Lector who was sitting beside me and stared at the flowers I made.

"Here you go Lector! I made this for you" I chirped and gave him a soft smile. He blinked at me and lifted his paw to touch the flower head wreath that was placed on his head.

"Uh... arigato Cynthia-chan... but I really thin-"

"No! It looks good on you" I grinned and got up to my feet to walk behind Sting who was still sitting near the pond. Lector sweatdropped and walked by my side.

"Stin-stin-kun! I have something for you" I said while covering his eyes from behind. I felt a warm hand on top of mine and already knew that it was Sting's.

"What would that be, Cee-chan?" he turned his head slightly with my hands still covering his eyes.

"Don't peek!" I said.

"Hai hai"

I turned to to grab the flower jewelry I created and gently placed the flower necklace on him first and then the head wreath. I was satisfied and it looked good on him... I think.

"Okay! You can open!"

He opened his blue eyes and looked down on his neck to see a flower necklace that I created, and then he looked up to see the head piece that came with it. He blushed and looked at me.

"Flower jewelry?"

"Yeah! You like it?" I grinned.

Sting gazed at the flowers resting his his neck and head then turned to face at Lector beside me who looked uncomfortable and he stifled laughed.

"I like it alot... but this doesn't really suit me. Mostly on Lector though, but just this one time I'll let it slide" he grinned.

"Really? I'm glad!" I said happily while placing my own flower jewelry. "Now we're matching!" I added.

Not too long afterwards, the sky soon turned dark and grey. The air suddenly got thick and cold. I shivered at the change of weather. Sting noticed me shivering and took off his orange vest and placed it around my back. It was warm but wasn't enough to cover the coldness.

"T-thanks..." I chattered in between my teeth. He just nodded and called over to Lector, so that we can walk back home.

Lector was running up towards us, but it looked he was being pulled back by the wind. Just as Lector was about to be picked up by the wind to fly off, Sting came in a swift and carried him in his arms and ran over to me. He took a hold of my hand and we both ran as fast as we can. I noticed that our flower garments that I made for all of us, were swept away by the wind and I was pretty upset but there was no time for that. It felt like someone was chasing us with this heavy wind, so I held onto Sting's hand tightly. I felt a few wet drops on my face, looking up to see rain falling from the sky, slowly showering on us. One by one, it started to pour down heavily.

Luckily for us it didn't take us too long to get back to Sting's house, but we made it in time before the storm got even worse as it is. We just got a little bit wet but it wasn't a big deal. Looking out the window, hard rain was falling from the sky, winds were too strong and lightning struck. It got me nervous to see lightning.

"Hey Cee-chan, are you alright?" Sting looked over to me worriedly.

I gave a small smile and nodded. "Y-yeah... I'm alright. Thank you Stin-Stin-kun..." I mumbled. I walked away from the window and sat on the couch to lean my back into and brought my legs up to my knees, shivering. I felt something soft and warm, it was Lector holding my leg and looking up at me with a worried expression. Placing my legs down and feet down on the ground I carried Lector and pulled him into snuggle with.

"Are you sure you're alright?", Sting asked from the window who now he looked over to me.

"Yes, thank you for worrying about me. I'm just a little bit cold. That's all... Nothing to worry about", I beamed and looked over to Lector in my arms and buried my head onto his head.

I knew that Sting had a feeling that something was wrong with me, but he didn't want to push it any further. So he just sighed and walked to us on the couch and sat beside me.

"Oh! Here's your vest, Stin-Stin-kun. Thank you again!", I said loosening my hold on Lector and took off Sting's orange vest that was around my shoulders and held it in my hand for him to grab.

"It's no problem" he blushed while taking his vest.

It was an awkward silence between the three of us. Except for the sounds of a storm outside.

Sting got up from his seat and patted my head, making me to look up at him.

"Well.. it's getting late, so I'll be going to bed." he said while taking Lector from my arms.

"I'll sleep on the couch, Stin-Stin-kun. So don't worry about me!" I said happily, trying to hide my fear from the storm.

"Alright. Well good night Cee-chan!, see you in the morning" he winked.

"Night Cynthia-chan! Have a good night's rest" Lector added from Sting's arms.

"I will... and you too.." I mumbled.

-----

4 hours have passed by and the storm didn't seem to be going away, instead it got more scary. My soft purple orbs were looking around the room in the dark, trying to adjust the darkness that enveloped me. I tossed and turned in my sleep trying to be comfortable, but it didn't help at all. I sighed to myself and stared up at the ceiling. 'Boom!' a loud thunder roared up from the sky. I jumped from the couch and onto the floor, I covered myself in my blankets trying to calm myself down. I hate thunderstorms! Even though Laxus-san was a lightning mage, I didn't mind him... but the fact that it was an actual thunderstorm, made me even more terrified.

This was one of my weaknesses.. Cynthia of Fairy Tail, an S-Class Mage who is terrified of storms but I wasn't afraid of fighting... Ironic huh? I don't even why... Don't ask.

Pulling myself together, I tightened my squeeze on my blanket around me and walked towards a bedroom door. I gulped trying to not make a sound, but thunder rang through my eyes and I turned the door knob opening the door to see a sleeping figure of Sting on his bed. Trying to close the door slowly behind me, I turned around to see Sting who stirred up from his sleep and sat up on his bed with Lector still fast asleep on his side.

"C..cee-chan? What's wrong...?" he asked softly while rubbing his eyes.

"I...I can't s-sleep..." I quietly said and dropped my gaze to the floor.

"Ah... Is it because of the thunderstorm?"

I nodded slowly to answer him.

"Hmm... alright then... i-if you w-want... do y-you w-want to... uh... s-sleep w-with ... me?" he stuttered. In the dark, I can already tell that he was blushing madly. Nodding my head once more, I ran up to his bed. Sting moved himself and Lector over so that there would be enough space for all three of us. It was a single bed but we all could fit since we're tiny.

Hearing another roar from the thunder, I shut my eyes tightly. Feeling a hand on my hand, Sting-kun helped me to get on the bed and I laid on my side to face him.

"Cee-chan... are you afraid of thunderstorms? Is that why you weren't talking to me a lot, earlier?" he asked as he laid himself and faced me.

"Y...yeah... gomen... Stin-stin-kun..." I quivered.

"It's alright... Cee-chan. Everyone has weaknesses..."

"I-I guess you're right"

"Yeah... and whatever is scaring you away... I'll... p-protect you, Cynthia." he looked at me with a serious expression on my face and later on with a smile. I smiled back and held his hand.

"Really?"

"Ahh.. That's another promise to you. I will protect you no matter what."

"I'll remember...that..." I mumbled with a smile and slowly lost my sight of him and fell into a slumber.

------

Sting's POV

I was awoken by the sound of my door opening, I sat up from where I laid looking towards Lector who was still asleep on my side and turned my head towards the door. It was a figure standing and I can tell by the outline of the person was small and had a blanket over their self. It was Cynthia, I could tell straight away because of her scent hitting my nose. It was already late... I wonder what happened.

"C..cee-chan? What's wrong...?" I asked softly while rubbing my sleepy eyes.

"I...I can't s-sleep..." she said quietly said and stared at the floor.

"Ah... Is it because of the thunderstorm?", curiously asking her.

Cee-chan nodded slowly. 'I would take that as a yes...' I thought.

"Hmm... alright then... i-if you w-want... do y-you w-want to... uh... s-sleep w-with ... me?", damn I was stuttering. I felt the heat rise on my cheeks causing me to blush madly.

She nodded her head once more, and ran up to my bed. Then I moved myself over to the other side of the bed and held Lector trying to wake him up and laid him down onto my right side, so there would be enough space for the three of us.

Hearing another roar from the thunder, I gazed at Cynthia and she shut her eyes tightly. I wanted to comfort her in anyway I can... so I placed my hand on top of hers, making her to look up at my smiling face. I grabbed onto her hand and helped her up to the bed, and she laid on her side.

"Cee-chan... are you afraid of thunderstorms? Is that why you weren't talking to me a lot, earlier?" I asked as I laid on my side to face her.

"Y...yeah... gomen... Stin-stin-kun..." she quivered.

"It's alright... Cee-chan. Everyone has weaknesses...", trying to comfort her.

"I-I guess you're right" she answered to me in a tone that someone would possibly couldn't hear but for me as a dragon slayer, my hearing is sharp.

"Yeah... and whatever is scaring you away... I'll... p-protect you, Cynthia.". I said trying to reassure her with a serious look but then right after. She smiled back and held my hand. I was slightly surprised but hid it from her.

"Really?"

"Ahh.. That's another promise to you. I will protect you no matter what.", looking over to our clasp hands. I held it a little tighter to let her know that I am serious.

"I'll remember...that..." she mumbled with a smile and slowly went into a deep slumber.

Looking at her face made me happy on the inside, but at the same time I want to protect her. She was someone who was very dear to me, and I don't want anyone to hurt her. I wanted to take away her pain and fear, just like when she promised me in yesterday in the morning. I am grateful for what she has done to me and Lector. Don't worry Cynthia, I will protect you without hesitation, without any fear or worry. My precious best friend forever... Cynthia. In a few moments later, I felt the drowsiness slowly taking over and consumed me into darkness.

------

Man was that a long chapter or what?! A cute chapter I must say... Ehe.
Hope you guys liked this one! Sorry again for any mistakes ;p
Next Chapter up tomorrow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754 31 21
"Natsu, you make me happy. And I don't know how I could've gotten through this week without you. Even with me not being able to speak you didn't plea...
134K 2.4K 25
It's been 3 months since Lisanna came back . 3 months since Lucy has been ignored . The only ones that didn't ignore her were Wendy, Cana, Levy, Carl...
1K 25 16
Have you ever wondered what might have happened during the time period from when fairy tail defeated Acnologia to the day when Team Natsu set out to...
35.2K 1K 30
[COMPLETED] Word count: About 28,000 After the War with the Alvarez Empire, all of the guilds in Fiore have started their gradual recovery. Sting has...