Spitfire

By LexiRein

Book 3 of the It Just Happened Series. (Completed) You can read it as a stand alone, but I recommend reading... More

1. Who The Fuck Cares!
2. Change of Events
3. Here We Go
4. How Can This Be
5. It's A Mistake
6. Sexual Tension
7. Apparently Not
8. Please Stay
9. Bad Idea
10. Aftermath
11. Can We Say... Awkward
12. Paranoid
13. I Can't Deal With This
14. Distractions
15. This Always Happens
16. Unraveled
17. Be Patient
18. So Called Date
19. Torn
20. What the Hell?
21. Frustrated
22. Letting Loose
23. Beyond Pissed
24. No Way!
25. Never Again
26. Unsettling
27. Surprise!
28. Definitely Not What I Expected
29. Sex Party
30. Mind Games
31. The Truth
32. This Can't Be Real
33. I Didn't Know
34. Hurts Too Much
35. Maybe There Is Hope
36. I Failed You
37. Darkness Consumes Us
38. Where Is He?
39. There Will Be Blood
40. Showdown...Hoe down
41. One Step Forward
42. Time To Heal
43. You Are the Reason
44. The Idiot I Am
46. Nobody But You
47. I Will Castrate You
48. We're All Family
49. One Last Time
50. Life Can't Get Any Better Than This

45. Luckiest Bitch Ever

235 17 97
By LexiRein

What is wrong with me? I saw the hurt in his eyes when he was going to propose. I wanted to say yes, God I wanted to but I freaked out. I knew I wasn't ready.

Now thinking back about that day it was a stupid mistake. I stare at the strip and can't believe my eyes. As I sit on the bathroom floor I begin to cry. Not a regular cry, but full on ugly crying. I haven't cried this much since I left Chris to get stronger...to find myself again.

"Babe, are you alright? You been in there for awhile."

I wipe the tears from my eyes. I hate feeling weak, but I'm freaking out right now. What if something goes wrong again? No, I shake the thoughts from my head. I didn't know last time, this time I do.

"Spitfire."

"I- I'm fine."

My lips tremble and I try to catch my breath. I don't even hear the door open as I stare at the strip. I feel hands on my shoulders as I grip the stick tighter.

"Babe, talk to me. What's wrong? Are you feeling lost again?" I laugh a hysterical laugh. Because I do feel lost, but not like before. I shake my head as my laughter fades.

"Talk to me baby."

"Chris" I choke on a sob and look into his eyes, the concern in them almost has me crying again. I unclench my fist and stare at the strip. "I'm pregnant." I whisper.

"Wh-what?" His touch slips away from me and I see him stagger back. I show him the stick as he takes it from my hand, staring at it intensely.

"Pregnant." He looks at me finally as I bite my lips. "You're fucking pregnant?" He pulls me in his arms and laughs. "We're having a baby." His lips connect to mine and I throw my arms around his neck.

"Spitfire, I'm so fucking happy."

He helps me up and holds me tight. When he pulls back and cups my face, I see the biggest, most brightest smile I have ever seen on his face. I should have said yes when he asked me.

"I love you Spitfire" he slides his hand down and lays it on my flat stomach. "I will love our baby and you always."

I swear I am melting, and losing it all at once.

"Marry me Chris."

He stumbles back and almost loses his balance.

"Is it because you're pregnant?" I shake my head and laugh. "What? Are you the woman of this relationship now?" I question him and he crosses his arms over his bare chest.

"No, but I swear I question my masculinity around you sometimes."

"You are a dork, you know that?"

"Yeah you have told me on more than one occasion Spitfire." He takes my hand in his. "Are you sure?" I nod my head and smile.

"More than anything in my life. This between us is everything to me. I should have said yes when you asked."

His lips curl up in that smirk and he chuckles.

"Technically I asked you first love."

"And I freaked out." He picks me up and carries me into our room. "Still counts my Goddess." He lays me on the bed and hovers over me. "Are you going to answer my question jackass?" His lips hover over mine. "I'd be an idiot not to." Then his lips are on mine. As soon as lips are on me, they are off and Chris jumps off the bed.

"What the hell are you doing?"

He rummages through his drawer and then is back on the bed. He kisses me senseless as I feel a tug on my hand. When he pulls back he looks down at my hand.

"It was my Grandmother's. I hope you like it."

I see him look vulnerable, and that doesn't happen that often. I look at the ring and tears fill my eyes. A silver band with a ruby in the middle with little diamonds all around it.

"It's beautiful."

"Not compared to you."

I throw my arms around him and giggle. "You are so cheesy, but I love it and you."

"Always Spitfire."

"We're getting married." I say excitedly.

"And having a baby." He kisses me again. His lips leave mine and kisses all the way down to my stomach. He kisses my stomach and caresses it tenderly. "I love you already as much as I love your mama." When he looks up at me and smiles so sweetly, the tears fall.

I am the luckiest bitch ever.

"Can I marry you now?" It slips out of my mouth.

"I'd marry you right this second. But do you really want to deal with tweedle dum and tweedle dee? I mean if we do this without them then we will hear about it for the rest of our lives." I feel him shudder and I can't help but laugh. He's not lying because they will never let it go.

"You're right." I sigh. I hate it when he is right. Then again he usually is, but I will never admit it.

"One week. Give me one week and we will be married."

"Okay, one week."

With that being said he crashes his lips to mine. Clothes get discarded quickly and my soon to be husband plunges inside me.

"Fuck Spitfire" he kisses me again and our bodies move in sync like they always have. When his lips pull away so we can catch our breath, his eyes never leave mine.

"Chris" I say breathlessly, because that's what he does to me...leaves me breathless.

"Yes, baby"

He moves in and out of me faster, as my moans get louder.

"I'm so damn glad you kissed me in my pool."

He laughs as he goes deeper inside me.

"So am I, more than I have ever realized."

As I hit my climax, I feel him stiffen inside me. I love you we say at the same time. He pulls out and lays beside me, pulling me into his arms. One hand holding my hand with his ring on it, the other on my stomach.

"Okay, So who is breaking the news to our dip shit friends."

"Not it." I say quickly and his mouth hangs open.

"Seriously."

I giggle and nod my head. "Yes, because you know you are going to have to protect me from Jaxon. He will smother me. Oh God can't we just go to the courthouse and get married. I can picture it now with the two of them fussing over everything."

He kisses my head and laughs. "Not happening my love. You are getting a proper wedding."

"Not within a week you won't."

He looks deep in my eyes, and I can see the determination in them.

"Watch me. I'll make it happen."

A/N: So I have to change the order of the upcoming stories. I know I said Ryan's story then Brayden and Mikayla's. Now that I decided to do Ryder and Josh's story I have to change the order.

So with only a few chapters left of Spitfire next will be Finding You (Ryan's story) then it will be Never Say Never (Ryder & Josh story) Change of Heart (Brayden's story) then last but not least Double Trouble (Mikayla's story)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 90K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
183K 6.6K 46
**Complete ** **Book 2 in a series involving the same group of friends** Emma Jones doesn't do one night stands...usually. That all changes when she...
1.1K 140 16
Book 6 in the It Just Happened Series. You can read this as a stand alone, but there will be some parts that might be referenced from the other books...
8K 243 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...