Remain Nameless | Bts x reader

By taesty95

The night held them in a loving embraced. They were the darkness and all the life it held. Feared and forgott... More

Hello
Map
Prologue (The travellers)
Alone
Into shadows
Rain
King of the forest
Bandits
Hut
And so it begins
Last breath of her
Sun streams
Click
Strange
Compassions of nightmares
A place called hope
:)
Chained arms and cold floors
Tea
Keep Looking
Comfort in strangers
New girl
Blood and gold
Faded off-white and overripe peach
The Abbots fall
Home
Choice pt 1
Seafood
Handmade
Choice pt2
Mirrorball Moon
Rabbit heart
Secret๏ฟผ Ceremonials
Property of a Lord
The need to control
Gift an inch more of night
Lord and soldiers
The Cloud, the Island and the Sea
Remain nameless: As the world falls down
How and owl can cause a tantrum
Strung
Bigger than us
Blue pulled over
No Now, All future
Brambles grow
Half shadows
Small pleasures
No more wrong words
Glass beading on skin
Inked the words away
Great and holy plans
Perfect storm
Grassland birds
Come down
Does it glisten, the blood?
Belly of the beast
Fruit of all mankind
What am I without you?
Hares on the mountain

Rush

406 55 19
By taesty95

2 years later

Jungkook was getting ready for bed. The gloom of the chilly evening crept into him like damp into bare timber. It seeped into his skin and travelled to his heart which beat steadily. Winter was only a few moons away, and the wooded hut didn't have much in terms of insulation, but it was better than outside.

It wouldn't be long until frost would take over. The trees were clinging on to the last of their leaves.

He shuffled further into his blanket, pulling it tighter around his body. As he got comfortable, he watched his friends busy about the hut. There was a calmness as everyone kept to themselves as they completed their nightly routines. He watched Jin bolt the door shut behind himself as he came in with a few spare blankets from the store they had built outside.

The blankets got passed about, and everyone began to settle down, candles were blown out, and darkness filled the room.

Jungkook stared up at the ceiling, listening out to the night. The wind howled. It sounded slightly haunting or icy cold. He wasn't sure which one was the best to describe it, but either way, it was he could hear, drowning out the sounds of shallow breaths. The odd sign and crinkling of sheets kept him up. Nobody had fallen asleep yet. They were all just pretending, waiting until they actually did. Jungkook had formed a bad habit of staying up until all six of his friends were asleep. Even if he tried to fall before them, it was no use Jungkooks mind simply wouldn't let him.

A hundred meters or so stood on the outside edge of their sense stood a girl. She traced the bark of the trees with each step she took, getting closer. (Y/n) knew that tensing against the shaking of her limbs was useless, but she did it instinctively, trying to suppress for a few more moments of what she knew she could not. The wind paused for a moment, and the howling stopped.

She needed to drink in the silence to counteract the nerves as they threatened to engulf her. This kind of thick quietness would normally chill Jungkook to the bone, especially on an inky night devoid of even moonlight or stars, but tonight it worked like a salve drawing him up. He felt it. The more absolute he was, the stronger its medicinal effect. They must off all felt it.

Her presence was overwhelmingly different from what he remembered. It was always kept close to her body, and only when you were close enough could you feel the power behind it.

But now, somewhere outside, the black tendrils were stretched out, wrapping around the hut and their body's. It felt the same but more controlled - like it was only there to bring them out. Jungkook obeyed, flung his covers off and stumbled to the door. His fingers hovered over the latch, waiting.

He had imagined it too many times. Jungkook wanted proof it was real.

He felt her presence pull back. Jungkook sensed it rush back against the web of life. It ran through him like a hand through the water, trailing over every inch of skin, leaving a trail of goosebumps.

He had to take a breath to centre his head. Then he realised it was too late. He had misjudged the rapid pace his body moved at, the door was flung open, and his legs were no longer exerting directions from his mind.

An involuntary "(y/n)!" escaped his bitten lips, and a crunch of leaves and twigs echoed. He felt a strong hand grab at his arm, stopping him from reaching the girl hidden in the tree line. Namjoon hovered behind him with a freshly lit lamp, casting the area in gold light. He felt the heat warm the side of his cheek.

No one said anything, as if they were too scared to speak. As if a single word would cause everything to crash down. Jungkook waited on the bated breath as the girl stepped into the clearing.

Her face looked the same as when she left, maybe older. Jungkook couldn't quite tell in the light. Either way, it was beauty woven by the most delicate of hands. There was something else about her that seemed so different it was off-putting in a way. It was in her eyes, in the way they caught the light. Like she could take down every last man without breaking a sweat, they gave nothing away. It both scared him and fascinated him.

Why had she come back?

The sound of a sword drawn rang through the air. The metallic ring mixed with their heavy breaths, ready to travel as far as the forest edge.

Jungkook watched Jimin walk forward at an agonisingly slow pace. The hilt of his sword gripped tightly in his hand, the tip of the blade dragged behind him - leaving a line in the dirt. His eyes were on fire with the light of seven hells. It was terrifying.

The boy walking forward had found himself re-feeling things he thought he had wouldn't have to feel again. Things he had pushed down too far to reach, but one look had brought them all rushing back.

Anger boiled deep in his system, hot. It churned within, hungry for destruction. It was too much for him to handle. He knew he had to get it out before he burned up from the inside. While it was burning in him, he knew he had to use it.

He was furious at her for leaving. It wasn't even the initial abandonment anymore, but what came after it. He was angry that he had to watch his best friends try and pull themselves back together after having their hearts ripped out and torn apart.

He bolted forward. White noise poured into his head, sounding like the most horrid noise he'd ever heard. The world was shutting down around him, and he just let go. Let go of everything.

Jimin's mother and father had once felt him to the monk. He felt just like he did then a little boy stood on the steps of a monastery, alone and upset with nobody to bring comfort.

Panic started to rise in Jungkooks' chest, the hand on his arm gripped tighter. He had never seen him so angry, and it startled him more than he would like to admit.

Within a blink of an eye, Jimin was upon (y/n). Their swords collided almost instantly, though (y/n)'s sword remained sheathed. The sound of the weapon slicing air rang out. Jimin was screaming incoherent words.

(Y/n) spun around a tree, launching herself directly at Jimin.

Their bodies clashed together.

She drove her left knee into his chest with the momentum. Jimin was knocked down, winded. But, as soon as he had caught his breath, he came charging straight for her, holding nothing back. He drove the sword down above her head. In an instant, she blocked it with the leather-bound weapon. They had little to no gaps in their front, and each of their attacks was becoming harder to obstruct.

Then Jimin decided to use his trick. It caught (y/n) completely off guard as several strikes came from all directions. Out of pure luck, she blocked the attack. However, it had distracted her enough. Enough for Jimin to send the hilt of his sword straight into the side of her head. Hard. (y/n) felt her ear rupture.

The girl stumbled to the side, dropping her weapon. Everything felt dizzy.

Jimin moved to pick up her weapon. He threw the now sheath-less sword at the girl. She caught it only to let the blade fall from her loosened grip. Jungkook watched her sway for a moment as Jimin paced forward.

He blinked for a second.

The two now stood inched apart. All that was in between was Jimins sword. He was pushing it towards (y/n) neck with a white-knuckled grip, her hand clutched at the blade in a futile attempt to preserve life. The edge was digging further and further into her hand. Every inch of her body was begging for her to let go. Blood was now trickling down along the blade to the hilt - the crimson liquid started to flow over Jimin's hands.

(y/n) felt the pressure of the sword leave when Jimin was torn away from the sword by Namjoon and Jin. He ripped himself from their grasp and struggled back, a hurt look on his face. Jimin didn't get why they were helping (y/n) and not him. Did they not relise that that girl had caused so much heartache between them.

Jungkook watched as Jimin bolted off into the forest, fresh tears on his face. He wanted to go after him, but Yoongi's hand was still holding onto his arm. His gaze met Taehyungs with pleading eyes. The older boy seemed to understand. With a slight nod, he ran after Jimin.

No one spoke after. What was there to say? In the suspended aversion, every eye was on the girl. She didn't meet their gaze, (y/n) was too busy examining the fresh cut across her palm. Her face was as cold as stone. The air was so brittle it could snap, and if it didn't, Jungkook would.

"You don't get to do this." Namjoon finally broke the quiet. "You're not welcome back." His voice was cold and empty. That made Jungkook hate him a little. That was a decision to make as a group. Why did namjoon get to choose? He wanted her back.(y/n) looked up from her hand. "I'm not here to come back," Her voice was as hollow as Namjoons.

"Then why?" Jin spoke out. There was no malice or hate in his question, just pure curiosity. After all, they were under the impression that the girl before them would be stuck on the island forever.

"I need your help."

Jungkook heard Yoongi scoff beside him. "No." Yoongi spat out and turned around to go back inside. The gip on his arm was gone, and he couldn't help but step forward.

"We're about to go to war. Akira is going to lose. I can't let that happen." Her eyebrows creased in heavily. Yoongi stopped in his tracks.

"What does a war leagues away have anything to do with us?"

The sigh that escaped (y/n)s dry lips was difficult and slow as if her brain needed time to process what she was going to say. She spoke carefully. "If I can't get Akira to win, I'm as good as a dead, and so are you. The second kingdom isn't playing around. They will burn this forest down with anyone in it."

"We can hide," Yoongi replied bitterly.

"This is an island surrounded by sea. You'll run out of hiding spots."

"We won't,"

"You will. They have nightblades." The wind picked up again. It laces around the trees straight through Jungkook bones. His Hair, now long - flicked into his eyes. He didn't get why everyone was acting so cold.

"Thought that was illegal,"

"It is," Yoongi didn't respond as he sucked in his cheeks. "Fine, I'll go, but if you change your mind, I'm leaving at sunrise."

"You could of at least contacted us," Hoseok said as the girl turned her back. His eyes cast down in a mournful gaze as his shoulders slumped. His mouth set in a slight frown.

"I did. I sent letters to the farmhouse." Confusion filled her voice.

The farmhouse was a tiny farm not too far away. An old couple lived there. Under the impression that they were travelling physicians, they had agreed to lend the address for delivery on the premise if the couple ever fell ill, they would be treated free of charge. So they used it as an address for ordering new cooking equipment or clothes. It was close enough to check when they would go on a long run but far enough not to draw suspicion.

Jungkook was confounded him, and Jimin would check there at least once a month, but there was never any letter. How odd. He wanted to say something about them, that they never got any, but by the time he had his mouth (y/n) had already become walking away into the dark.

Hello party people, sorry it's been a while it was deadline season, not fun. Hope you like it and thanks for reading. Xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently ๐Ÿ’ž under some final...
151K 5.9K 42
โ€ขmature contentโ€ข -Sexual themes from mild angst to 21+ -violence (will have tw) This fantasy story is about where a group of all kinds of beings and...
9.5K 410 36
As a princess living a sheltered life, family ties have been a little off. One day, an elven prince comes to visit and dangerous events begin to unfo...
904 53 11
๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ช ๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ท๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ซ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป . ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๏ฟฝ...