The Boss's Assistant

By Believe_Mahone

Mia Marie Claire begins to work for a high level company with a boss who's strict and harsh, but knows how to... More

Prologue
Mr. Mahone
Undecided
You Can't Tell
Caught Up
Exams
Me & You
White Lies
Broken Then Fixed
Protecting You
Contact
Broken Inside
We Need To Talk
Boy or Girl?
Shopping vs. Drama
Time & Breakups
Baby On Board!
New vs. Old
Her Parents
Jealousy
Mine
Inseparable
Change
Honest
When He Finds Out
Only You
Stolen
Too Deep
Losing You
I Don't Like Her
Control
Volume
Prove It
Together
Babies
Campus
Problems
The Worst
Next To You
All I Ever Need
Bed Rest
Pain
Explain
Big Steps
New Beginnings: Part 1
New Beginnings: Part 2
New Beginnings: Part 3
There Will Be Rain
Custody: Part 1
Custody: Part 2
Gone
No Escape
Not Involved
Style
Dirty Work
Outside of the Box
Manners
Hospital Hours
Limits
"The Bad Man"
Tension Rising
Not Without You
Your Choice
Deceitful
Underestimated
Truth
Who's Wrong?
Tough Love: Part 1
Tough Love: Part 2
Tough Love: Part 3
While You're Away: Part 1
While You're Away: Part 2
Bleed
My Baby
He's Hurt
Things Take Time
It's Not Me, It's You
Visits and Advice
Not An Update
Strength From Pain: Part 1
Strength From Pain: Part 2
Strength from Pain: Part 3
Sacrifice: Part 1
Sacrifice: Part 2
Baby Steps
Love and Care
Come and Go: Part 1
Come and Go: Part 2
Close
Happy Birthday?
One Step Forward
Two Steps Back
There's a Reason
There's Always a Reason
Show You Care: Part 1
Show You Care: Part 2
Regret

Miracle

2.3K 113 17
By Believe_Mahone

Robert's POV

Since I had taken as long as I did to drop Ally off I decided to just go to the store later. I was almost home and to my surprise I didn't get one phone call from Hannah, which is unusual. She usually calls me, even if she just wanted to tell me that she misses me, but this time she didn't. I had no choice but to drop the thought as I pulled into the driveway.

I turned the music off and pulled my key out of the ignition. I opened the car door and got out, shutting it behind me. I pressed the button on my car keys and locked the car. Then, I walked up to the front door, unlocking it, then going in.

I closed the door behind me and tossed my keys on the side table before I noticed the glass from it was shattered on the floor. I bent down and picked up my keys before I spoke.

"Hannah" I said walking forward then turning to my right to see her laid out on the floor "Oh my god"

I ran over to her and pulled her into my lap, looking down at her. She just stared up at me with an impassive look. I glanced down to see the puddle of fluid around her legs, then that's when I knew something went on while I was gone.

"What happened?" I asked my voice cracking as I held back tears "Who did this to you?" I asked lifting her up further into my arms.

"Anna" she said as her voice was only a whisper "And Ashton"

"What?" I asked confused "Both of them?" I asked and she nodded.

"Alright, I have to get you to a hospital" I said lifting her up and into my arms bridal style.

"The baby's gone Robert" she told me and I tried to blink the tears away, but this time I couldn't manage to do so.

"Don't say that" I told her as I carried her out the door.

*At The Hospital*

It's been an hour since we got here and I'm pacing the floor nervously. I called Mia and Austin, they said that they're on their way, but that was about twenty minutes ago. I can feel my palms starting to sweat and the thought I've tried so hard to forget wiggles it's way into my mind.

Anxiety crashes over me and my every waking thought is consumed with this worry. Soon what was once a small thing blossoms into more worry the more I think about it.

My mind was witnessing wave after wave of emotion; as it crashed down, my lip trembled slightly and with it too brought a fresh set of salty tears to leak from my eyes. No matter how much I tried to keep the watery droplets away, they refused.

"Robert" Dr. Flynn spoke dragging me out of my thoughts and I quickly turned to face him.

"Yeah, is she okay? is the baby okay?" I questioned continuously.

"Hannah is fine" he breathed and I sighed in relief.

"What about the baby?" I asked hoping that he wouldn't say the worst.

"Well when she fell she ruptured her amniotic sac, which is where the fluid came from. The baby doesn't receive protection or many of the main things it needs without that, but I believe we can fix it." he explained.

"How can you fix that?" I asked confused at what he could possibly do.

"She has to give birth to the baby early." he answered.

"How could she possibly give birth now?" I asked "She's a month and a half early."

"Induction" he answered.

"What is that? What will it do?" I asked question after question.

"All we'll do is give her a dose of pitocin. What it will do is start her contractions and or put her in labor." he explained.

"So it's possible for the baby to survive?" I asked quite shocked at the fact that I still might get that chance to be a dad, even though I already am one.

"Yes, but it's kind of a risky procedure considering she's eight weeks off from being full-term." he told me.

"So if we go through with this how will it affect the baby?" I asked.

"It could cause complications in the birth or of the developing baby." he spoke glancing down at his clipboard "But it's your choice"

"Is it our only option?" I asked and he nodded slowly with a firm look.

"Yes" he answered.

"We'll do it" I said taking the only chance we had.

"Alright" he nodded.

"When can I see her?" I asked.

"After we get her prepped for delivery and give her the dose of pitocin, you can come back." he responded.

"Wait. How long will this take?" I asked him.

"Considering the baby is losing oxygen" he started "It'll only be a few hours, but it depends on how her body responds to the medicine because it could respond slowly."

"Oh god" I groaned and he smirked.

"If she can't vaginally give birth to the baby then we'll do a c-section." he told me and Hannah's repetitive words popped into my head.

"She doesn't want a C-section." I told him and he twisted his lips.

"Well if she can't give birth vaginally, then as I said we have to do it." he explained and I nodded.

"Okay" I said.

"I'll be back in twenty minutes." he told me and I sat back down before I saw Austin coming in on his crutches as Mia held the door for him. Then behind him came both of the kids. I stood up and walked towards them, meeting them halfway.

"Hey" Mia greeted giving me a hug.

"Hey" I said to her before Ally wrapped her tiny arms around my leg.

"Is she okay? Is the baby okay?" Mia asked me as I lifted Ally up and into my arms.

"Hannah is fine and they have to induce her labor to save the baby." I explained to her and Austin.

"She's giving birth today?" Mia asked me with a hint of shock in her voice.

"Yes, she doesn't have any other choice." I answered.

"Can I see her? Have you seen her?" Mia questioned me.

"I haven't seen her, they have to get her ready and give her the dose of pitocin before we can see her." I told her and she nodded.

"Babe" Austin said to Mia and she turned to him, taking the crutches then helping him sit down in the seat.

"Daddy" Ally said kissing my cheek and hugging me tighter.

"Hi" I said attacking her with kisses.

"I missed you" she said and I smiled.

"You weren't even gone that long" I told her and she just shrugged in response "But I missed you too"

"Really?" she asked and I nodded.

"Where's Mommy?" she asked and I sighed.

"She's back there" I said moving my head in the direction of the doubled doors.

"I wanna see Mommy" she told me.

"In a little while, okay?" I asked.

"Pinky promise?" she asked holding out her tiny finger.

"Pinky promise" I told her wrapping my finger around hers.

*In The Room*

"Hannah" I spoke to get her attention as I came into the room with Mia behind me.

"Robert" she spoke and I walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her the best that I could.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking down at her.

"It hurts so bad." she answered.

"Well I brought Mia with me to help you with the pain and anything else you need." I told her and she nodded as the tears ran down her cheeks.

"She's not really helping me" Hannah said and Mia stepped forward.

"Alright, first of all don't slouch because it's going to make your back hurt." Mia said helping her sit up and bed "Now breath. In and out."

"Breathing doesn't help a damn thing!" she screamed at me.

"Look!" Mia yelled "Either you breath or you can cry in pain, which one?" Mia asked and then Hannah started breathing before she flinched.

"The real pain is actually giving birth to the baby, so for now just try to breath and relax." Mia said.

"Okay" Hannah said inhaling and exhaling.

"Better?" I asked her.

"Ow! Ow!" she whined looking over at me.

"I'll take that as a no." I said.

"I'm not used to this much pain." she said.

"I know, I'm sorry I can't do much of anything to help" I said looking at her and she shook her head.

"You being here is good enough." she said and I smiled.

"Alright" I said.

"I feel like I have to push." she told me and I glanced over at Mia.

"I'll go get the nurse" Mia said walking out.

"Robert" Hannah whined and I turned to her "What if the baby doesn't make it?"

"The baby will make it" I assured her and she started to cry again "And please stop crying. I hate to see you cry."

"I can't help it" she said "It hurts"

"I know, just a little while longer and it'll be over." I said as the nurse came into the room with a female doctor.

"Wait. Where's Mia?" Hannah asked and I smirked.

"She's out in the hallway with Austin, Alex, Zach, and the kids." I told her and she gave me a weak smile "They can't be in here right now"

"Hannah, I'm Dr. Ridley and I'll be delivering your baby today." the doctor said.

"Okay" Hannah said as the nurses got her into position, placing everything that they need in the tray beside the bed.

"I have two questions" Hannah added in, breathing heavily.

"Go right ahead" the doctor said putting on her gloves.

"How long will you let me push before breaking out the forceps or proceeding to C-section?" Hannah asked.

"If we go an hour or more without any progress, then we would do the C-section." she explained "That's only because the baby is losing oxygen and we don't want to take any chances."

"Okay" Hannah agreed "My second question is..." she paused as she winced and grabbed the sheets from the pain.

"If my baby has any unexpected complications, will the baby be kept with me here or transferred somewhere else?" Hannah asked staring at the doctor.

"A few minutes after you give birth the baby will be taken to NICU." the doctor said "And I don't mean to cut things short, but I really need you to push"

Without saying anything else Hannah wrapped her hand around mine. I got up from the chair and stood beside her. The doctor scooted her chair forward and glanced up at Hannah.

"Alright I need a big push" she told her and Hannah leaned forward pushing as hard as she could.

"1. 2. 3. 4. 5..." the doctor counted as she pushed.

"Breath" the doctor told her and she laid back in the bed looking over at me. I just stared at her not knowing what to do. She was breathing heavily, her chest moving up and down at a rapid pace.

I rubbed my thumb over the back of her hand trying to calm her and she squeze my hand for a brief moment.

"Push" the doctor told her and she started again. She counted over and over, but nothing was happening.

"Keep going" the doctor told her and she grasped my hand tighter.

We continued to do the same thing for the next forty-five minutes yet we still received no progress. Hannah was out of breath, tired, exhausted and I was standing there speechless. The doctor took her gloves off and tossed them into the trash can.

Hannah looked up at her panicking once she saw her take her gloves off. I assured her there was nothing to worry about even though I wasn't sure of it myself.

"We're going to take a break." the doctor told us "When I come back we'll try it again and if that doesn't work we'll have to do a C-section."

"Robert I don't want to do a-" I cut her off.

"I know you don't" I told her and she started to sob. Mia snuck in and came over to us, hiding behind me so the nurse wouldn't see her when she walked past.

"Are you okay?" Mia asked Hannah after the nurse was out of sight.

"No, the baby isn't doing anything." she said "They said that if it doesn't work when she comes back in here the next time I'll have to do a C-section"

"Well you gotta push, okay?" Mia asked her and she nodded "I know it hurts like hell, but you have to push really hard."

"I can't" Hannah said.

"I told Austin the same thing when I was in labor, but I still got through it." she said.

"I'm not you though" she said.

"It doesn't matter Hannah, when they tell you to push just think of Robert or Ally to distract your mind from the pain." Mia explained to her and she nodded "Alright, I have to go before I get caught" she giggled.

*10 Minutes Later*

"Okay let's try this again." she said sliding a new pair of gloves on "Are you ready?" she asked Hannah and she nodded in response.

"Push" the doctor demanded and she pushed again, holding it better than she did the last time.

The doctor's voice in my ear counting the longer she pushed "You're doing great, keep pushing." she told her.

"You got this, okay?" I whispered in Hannah's ear and she nodded before I kissed her cheek.

"One more push Hannah" the doctor said. She started to grunt and groan out of nowhere. Not even a second later I could hear the quiet cries of the baby filling the room.

"It's a boy" the doctor said and we both looked at each other confused. I stepped forward and watched the nurses clean him up. He was so small and frail, but I had the brightest smile on my face.

"Can I hold him?" Hannah asked and the nurse nodded handing him to me. I looked down at him for the few seconds that I had him, then I handed him over to Hannah.

She caressed his head and stared down at him with tears in her eyes. I sat at the edge of the bed watching her and the baby at the same time. We didn't plan on having a boy, but that's okay. I actually wanted a boy from the start and so did she. If we would've had a girl like we planned we both would still be happy.

When we go home we have to redecorate the entire room for the baby. It'll definitely take some time and work, but I'm up for it.

"What are we going to name him?" Hannah asked me.

"What do you want to name him?" I asked her.

"Aidan" she said and I smirked.

"Why?" I asked with a smile.

"Because he looks like one." she said "Aidan Villanueva"

"I'm fine with it" I said and she smirked.

"Aidan is our little miracle." she said kissing his forehead.

"Yes he is" I said.

A little while after we had the baby, everyone came into the room. Austin came in first on his crutches with Mia close behind him. Then came the kids and after them were Alex and Zach.

"Guys" I said as Hannah handed him over to me "I want you to meet Aidan"

"It's a boy?" they asked and we both nodded.

"Yeah" I said and Mia looked down at him in awe.

"He's adorable, congrats bro." Austin said looking down at him.

"He's so small and cute" Alex said and I nodded.

"Yeah, he's a cutie" Mia said.

"He has to go the NICU in a little while." I told them and they looked up at me then Hannah.

"And thanks" I said to them all before I saw Ally hiding behind Mia

"Ally" I spoke and she walked forward "Do you want to meet your brother?" I asked and she slowly nodded. I kneeled down on one knee making my height similar to hers.

"Ally this is Aidan" I said showing him to her.

"Hi Aidan" she said and he looked over at her then back at me "Is he going to live with us?"

"Yes" I answered and she nodded.

"Okay" she agreed.

"We have to take him to the NICU now." the nurse said walking in, taking him from me.

"No" Hannah whined.

"You can see him later." the nurse said.

"When?" Hannah asked.

"In an hour or so." she said and we nodded.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•VOTE!!

•Comment!! ☺☺

•I Love You Guys ❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81 12 30
"On my very own graduation, nobody's coming, not even my father. They're always too busy for me. At least, I'll be going to my mother and I know thin...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
36.7K 644 20
Cameron adds Mia to the magcon groupchat thinking he was adding his photographer, Bryant. What will happen when him and his friends realize he added...
104 0 20
Madison breaks up with her cheating Rich boyfriend Xavier, on that same day her bestie decided to take her to a bar to feel better. madison gets drun...