The Hunter Life of Saiki K

By little_puzzling

*Slow Update* This idea has been in my head for a while and I decided to write it down before I lose it. A Sa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
A/N
Christmas Special
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
A/N
Chapter 35
A/N
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
AU Thought
Poll
Chapter 42
Valentine Special
Hiatus
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 43

2.3K 108 37
By little_puzzling

EEᑎᗪ ᗩᑎᗪ TTᗩᑕK

September 1st. The day Gon, Saiki, Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio had chosen to reunite in Yorknew City. On this morning, Saiki, Gon and Killua were visiting the Yorknew City market.

"Wow, there are so many people!" exclaimed Gon as he trailed from one tent to another, Killua right behind him.

'Stay close you two' called out Saiki towards the two younger ones, who were now still.

"But this market's purpose is to swindle people who have come for the auction" voiced out Killua as they now walk calmly in the tight area.

"What? This isn't the auction venue?"

'No, it would have been more grand' noted Saiki, his eyes forward but attentive to the conversation.

"Saiki-san is right. Yorknew's 'dream auction' is held once a year in the world's largest auction house. They say that, during the ten days of official bidding, tens of trillions of jenny exchange hands" explained Killua.

"Tens of trillions?"

"Yeah, an item sold for ten thousand can be turned around or a hundred million the next day. You can make a fortune instantly. It's where dreams come true" furthered explained Killua to the astounded friend of his.

As the two trailed on about the auction, an object in the market had caught the psychics eye. To further explain, a certain jelly had caught his eye. Without the two younger ones knowing, Saiki walked away to buy one coffee jelly. Luckily for the older teen, there were no people in line, meaning he didn't have to wait. While he got what he wants, Gon and Killua went ahead to buy phones.

"Hey! Welcome! This one's great. It's the hottest current model! Super-thin and no bigger than a credit card. It has GPS, which comes in handy for meeting up with people" told the sells person, but before he could have bribe even further, a certain young adult came by.

"Don't even bother. That feature doesn't work in many countries, and it isn't even waterproof. That model's only good for making phone calls"

"Leorio!" exclaimed Gon in joy at the familiar face of their older friend.

"Yo!" smiled Leorio as he made his way to the stand.

"I would recommend... this Beatle-07. It's a little heavy and pricey, but it translates two hundred languages used worldwide" told Leorio as he hold up the said Beatle.

"What? Seriously?" questioned Killua in amazement.

"Get this one! I'll get one too!" told Killua to his green headed friend.

"Yeah!"

"Two of these, please" told Leorio to the sells person.

"Two will cost four hundred thousand"

"Four hundred thousand? That's expensive, pops!" shouted Leorio at the price.

'You were the one who told them that it would be pricey' came the voice of Saiki in their heads. Turning their head, they saw the pink headed teen with a jello in hand while a spoon in the other.

"So that's where you ran off to" smiled Gon as the other stood behind him.

'I have no idea what you are talking about. I can pay for it, if you want' eyed Saiki to the other older teen before them. With a groan, Leorio reached into his pants pocket to fetch his wallet.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Thanks, Leorio!"

"But man, 110,580 Jenny a piece, huh? It's a new model, so that's a fair price in this marketplace"

"Still, talk about overkill. I've never seen a cell phone purchase greeted with applause before" said Killua, mentioning back to the stall when the crowd clapped as Leorio purchased the two Beatle.

"But you really saved us"

"Just so you know, that was nothing. The real deal only starts when the seller tells you to leave" laughed Leorio at his own words.

"He's the last person you would find at an auction"

'No kidding'

"So how are you guys doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You've trained and gotten stronger right?"

'We should go sit somewhere for this' sighed Saiki as he led the trio to a nearby café.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"What?" exclaimed Leorio

"You've returned the tag to Hisoka at Heaven's Arena? And you have to be pretty good to make it to the 200s"

"Saiki-san beat us to it first" mumbled Killua as he take a sip from his drink.

"How strong have you gotten now?" questioned the suit wearing man.

"Hey, have you learned Nen, Leorio?" asked Gon, avoiding the wondered question.

"Yes, you bet" grinned the said man.

"Awesome!"

"Really?" wondered Killua in doubt.

'That sounded doubtful' said the psychic teen.

"Why would I lie to you? It's the ability to build up a shroud of aura, one's own life force" Leorio proudly said, but was met with disappointed look from both Killua and Saiki. 

"That's Ten, one of the Four Major Principles for learning Nen" corrected Gon towards the older male.

"What? There's more to it?" exclaimed Leorio in disbelief.

'And I'm from another dimension yet I understood this principles' sighed Saiki as he munched on his burger.

"I figured as much" Killua said with a  deadpanned expression to Leorio's rant.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Greed Island? What's that?" questioned Leorio towards the trio.

"It's a legendary game"

"We're trying to get a copy at the auction"

"But why a game?"

'We think this game holds a clue to finding Gons dad' answered Saiki as he bites onto his heart shaped lollipop.

"What? The game holds a clue to finding your dad?" asked Leorio with surprised.

'That's just what I said'

"Well, it's a long story"

"Anyway, the problem is the cost" started Killua.

"How much is it?"

"The lowest starting bid is 8.9 billion jenny"

"Did you say 8.9 billion? How much do you have?" exclaimed Leorio in surprise. In a nervous chuckle Gon explained how they had a bad investment.

' I could always give you two -'

"Saiki-nii, no, I would like to gain this by my own hands" Gon said, interrupting the psychic.

'Fine. However, if things don't go your guys way in money making, I will intervene' Saiki said with a pointed look, making Gon and Killua nod in the agreement.

"Okay. This event is held at Southern Piece, the world's finest auction house. The money you have won't cover the entry fee" stated Leorio towards the trio, mostly to the two kids.

"But the game has a low difficulty rank on the Hunter website's treasure list" started Gon.

"Really?"

"Because you only need money to get a copy" and with a chuckle, Leorio tossed his arms over the couch head, making Saiki groan and stand up.

"It always comes back to money. This world runs on the money!"

"Well. This just means that a real treasure can't be bought. If you can't obtain an item like this with ease, you can't be considered a pro Hunter, right?" pointed out Killua, making both Leorio and Gon frown.

"I don't need you to tell me that" said Leorio as he and Gon went on the internet.

"But first, we need money. We'll need some starting fund. let's find a way to make some money in Yorknew City!"

"Yes!"

'A simple fool. Leorio is probably also an Enhancer' thought Killua as the two were distracted.

'Probably' Saiki also thought.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

'This plan better work' sighed out Saiki as he stood besides Killua, who was holding a big  diamond ring.

"Come on down! Let's have some conditional auctioning fun! Here's the thing for the bidding. A diamond worth three million. It comes with appraisal of the store where I just bought it" announced Leorio with a mic in his hand. 

And to the curious of every human being, a crowd began to form around the group of four.

"Arm wrestling will decide the winning bid. The first person to beat this boy wins the diamond. You must pay a 10,00 jenny for the entry. Now, let's star the auction!"

"Saiki-san, that's your cue" whispered Killua to the older teen beside him. With a small nod, Saiki activated him mind link, rather known as 'forced telepathy'

The ability to force relay feelings and or thoughts from one person to the other. This ability was talked within the group when the plan was in the process. In order to make things go smooth, Saiki will mind link each of of them so that no problem will occur.

"Okay, you're first" called out Leorio to a random male contestant.

"You need to pay the entry fee up front"

"Here you go. 10,00 jenny" and with a grin, Leorio gestured the male to the empty seat in the front of the table from Gon.

'Remember to adjust your strength to your opponent' reminded Saiki to Gon.

'Right'

"Okay, clasp hand" Gon eyed Leorio right after his hand was in place.

'Just follow my instructions'

'Yes'

"Are you ready? You get a single round! Ready... Go!" and with the cue, Gon and the unknown man began the arm wrestling.

Both were even, until Gon began to fake an act as if he was about to lose, making the man grin. However, if began to go south for him as Gon advances. And with a bit of a struggle, mostly with  he other man, Gon finally slammed his hand, winning that round.

"That was so close!"

"Damn, I lost to a little kid"

"Next, please" called out Leorio towards the formed line in front of him.

'I get it now' Saiki glanced at the wondering thought of the silver headed child.

'So this is how conditional auctioning works. But to reach 8.9 billion, we're going to need 889,999 wins' 

"And you lose! Next one!"

'Well, at least there isn't any doubt'

Night has fallen at this point, and a much bigger crowd had formed. So far, no one had won against the green headed child.

"He's beaten 150 people!" shouted a random person in disbelief.

"He must be bored already"

'He is' Saiki and Killua said in sync, making Gon sweat drop, but it was the truth.

'I feel bad about tricking everyone. I'm even breaking out in cold sweat at the idea of making so much money so easily' Gon thought as he rolled out his arm.

'Well, you do what you do to have what you want' Killua said to Gon, making the said child flinch.

'Right, I forgot about the mind link' chuckled Gon.

"Okay. Next person, please" what Leorio did not expected was for a female to appear, but every competitor is welcomed and he he was glad that it wasn't another male anyways.

"Well, we have our first female challenger!" shouted out Leorio to the crowd in glee.

"Let's have a fair fight" came the small voice of the female before Gon.

"Yes, let's do that" agreed Gon as he and her clasp hands. When they do, Gon felt an odd aura around her.

'She's strong, but Gon will win this one' Said Saiki in the mind link, making Killua glance up at him.

The two, the girl and Gon, struggled with each other since both were giving their all. And as we all know, Gon was not suppose to to this unless it was necessary to do so. After a few more seconds of struggling to pin her hand down, Gon let out a sigh of relief.

"Too bad! You lose"

'Close call' was the after thought of Leorio.

"Thank you very much"

"You're welcome" and with that said, the unknown woman left the table and went into the crowd, but before she left for good, she met the eyes of Saiki who held the look of suspicions. 

'I see. I will be right back' told Saiki to the trio who nodded without questions. With that agreement, Saiki excused himself, blending into the crowd of people.

"It wasn't him who was being the main challenger though. However, I would like to challenge him again" smiled the woman from before.

'Gon I know your talking about, but who is the other?'

"There's no time. We have our job"

_Meanwhile in an old building_:

As the moon illuminated through the broken building, a set of group lay in waiting. The sound of shuffling cards echoed through the silence, a joker card was pulled out, a glance towards a certain man in the dark with a candle light. His eyes looked at the others who were quiet, no words where exchanged. And as the silence continues, Hisoka looks out the broken window he sat next to.

_To Kurapika_:

"Nothing unusual"

"There are no changes visible from the outside... Understood. We'll notify you of anything happens" with that said, the blonde ended the call as his partner was still on the look out from anything strange.

"Still, they're being quite thorough. Only Mafia security are allowed within 500 meters of the auction house."

If they didn't do that, the surroundings would be crawling with thugs. They're practically announcing that unwholesome practices are going on" stated Kurapika to Melody.

"I suppose so"

'Will the Phantom Troupe really show up?' thought Kurapika as his eyes landed on the building before them.

'Is that what they are called?' came the voice of a familiar pinkette. In surprise, Kurapika whipped around, making Melody jump in shock.

"Saiki-san" there before the two was Saiki, who had gave them a peace sign.

"What are you doing here?"

'I followed a strange group here, then I heard your thought' Said Saiki as he first pointed to the auction house than towards the blonde before him.

"Who is this?" asked Melody.

"Oh. Melody, this is Saiki, a good friend of mine" introduced Kurapika, Saiki gave a curt nod making Melody smile.

'What are you doing?' asked Saiki as he now stood beside Kurapika.

"A hunter job I took" The silence around them came, but Melody had something in mind that she wanted to asked before the pink psychic came.

"You know, Kurapika, I happened to see you leaving the Hunter agency. When you walked past me, your heart was playing a melody of rage. May I asked a question?"

"Yes" 

"Scarlet Eyes" with those two words, Saiki heard the beating heart of Kurapika.

'Loud' was the only word that Saiki could think of when he heard it.

"I suppose that I can't lie. I am a Kurta. Our eyes are normally brown, but they're red when we're excited. So I wear black contact to avoid being discovered. I am searching for the eyes taken from my brethren. I'll do whatever it takes to return their eyes to them" told Kurapika to Melody, not minding that Saiki had heard his plans and past.

"Will you report this to Dazollene?"

" I will not. I do not wish to be killed"

"Could you red my intention?"

'Yes' Saiki said to himself as he leaned forward to rest his face on the palm on his hands.

"A heartbeat is always honest"

'Not all the time' thought Saiki as he looked at the crowd on line below.

"I am also a Pro hunter. A music Hunter, I suppose. I'm looking for a certain musical score" told Melody. There was a pause of silence before Kurapika spoke up.

"You aren't lying but you are concealing something important"

"Well, let's just say that you're correct" chuckled Melody.

"I'm looking for the Dark Sonata" upon seeing the confused look on Saiki's face, Melody explained what it was.

"A solo said to have been composed by the devil. There are four versions for the piano, violin, flute and harp. If a human plays or listens to the piece, it's said that disaster will befall them"

"Isn't that just a myth? I doubt something like that could exist in reality"

'Kurapika is right, it doesn't sound like something that is composed by the devil could exist. And if it does exist, I do not think you will be able to actually see it' thought Saiki to himself sighing.

As a cold wind gush by, Melody faced the two and lift up a sleeve, making Kurapika gasp and Saiki widening his eyes in shock.

"I've heard the flute version. One movement alone turned me into this. My friend who played the piece died, their entire body like this. That friend learned a single movement from someone who said never to play the music. That say, we were drunk and giddy. My body was destroyed, but I gained this ability in return." told Melody of the accident.

"However, I wish to restore my body"

"The underworld auction is about to start" Melody stated as she finished up her story to focus on the main mission at hand.

'Hmm, this world is strange, than again, when have something normal ever happen to me'

_Back to the old building basking in the moonlight_ :(Is that the right word?)

"It's time" echoed a womans voice, catching the attention of the group.

"Yes" agreed Hisoka, his eyes closed with a grin.

The Phantom Troupe prepares to bare its fangs. How will Kurapika, now a Nostrade Family bodygaurd, and our psychic Saiki deal with them?

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

AND I AM BACK!!!!

It has been so long since I wrote here and I truly miss writing this book. My reasoning for being gone for a while is because I just wanted to rest my mind after I had graduated in May. This year has and still is very hectic for all of us. We all deserve a break every now and than. Also I will be moving out soon so it might take a while for the next chapter. I don't know when but you will know if I post another chapter for you all.

Be healthy and happy everyone!!!

-Author ; little_puzzling aka: darkmatter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

491K 30.8K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 44.9K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
314K 13.9K 37
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
1.7M 14.1K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx