The Return - Kakashi x Rin

By CopyNinja_15

(1st arc) What will Kakashi do once people that he failed in the past, come back to life? How will Kakashi ac... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Update
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (beginning of 2nd arc)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 26

657 16 4
By CopyNinja_15

Rin made her way through the village and eventually made it to the restaurant.
(Rin POV)
I look around the restaurant for Kurenai, then my eyes shifted to the back of the restaurant where Kurenai was seated. I quickly make my way to the back of the restaurant and take the other seat across from Kurenai.

"Sorry I was late Kurenai, I got caught up with something." I said making myself comfortable in the chair.

"Would that something include a masked ninja we both know?" Kurenai asked with a knowing smirk.

I immediately felt heat rush to my face as my cheeks blushed bright red.  "How did you know?" I asked beyond embarrassed.

Kurenai just softly giggled in response. "You're always hanging out with him, you two seem to be getting pretty close." Kurenai said with a teasing tone in her voice.

My blush deepen and my head sunk to the table in defeat. "You've been hanging out with Anko too much." I murmured annoyed.

Kurenai's smile widened. "I guess so, but you and Kakashi are pretty obvious." She replied still smiling.

"Can we just eat and talk about something else?" I asked. Kurenai obliged as we ordered our food and talked about different things.

"Where has Kakashi's team been? I haven't seen them in a couple of days." I said as I put a piece of Korean BBQ into my mouth.

"They're on a mission with Asuma and his team. They should be back in about an hour." Kurenai answered looking at the clock situated across from them on the wall.

"So how has it been with him gone?" I asked as I pushed the Korean BBQ around the plate lazily.

"It's been a bit lonely, but he's coming back today so I'm excited." Kurenai said.

"That's nice to hear." I said a bit dully still pushing my food around my plate.

"But we're not here to talk about me missing Asuma, I can tell something is bothering you. Now spill." Kurenai said.

I brought my head to look at her. "Was it that obvious?" I asked a small assumed smile forming on my face.

"You've been playing with your food most of the meal and seem to be thinking about something. And you're missing your face paint." Kurenai said.

I felt my blood run cold, in my rush to get to lunch with Kurenai. I had forgotten to go home and apply my face paint.

I shot up out of my chair nearly knocking it over. "I walked into a crowded restaurant without my face paint." I squeaked out my voice barely audible.

Kurenai nodded hesitantly a little worried at how I would react.

"Not having my face paint on this morning while seeing Kakashi was bad enough, but now I've walked into an extremely popular restaurant with it. How embarrassing." I thought feeling mortified that I had done this.

"Rin relax here I've got some of your extra paint." Kurenai said as she dug through her purse pulling out a small silver cylinder.

Kurenai had carried a back up supply of my face paint when I had still lived with her just in case I had forgotten to apply my face paint in the morning.

"Thank you so much Kurenai." I said happily as I gave her a hug.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I took the cylinder from her opening it and applied the purple paint to my face.

"Much better." I said to myself as I examined the purple paint on my face.

"Anyway let's get back to what's bothering you." Kurenai as she and I both took our seats.

"I've been thinking about Kakashi." I said looking at her.

"I could have told you that." Kurenai with some sass leaning on her elbow.

I shot her a glare in response which made her drop the sass and sit up straight. "Please continue." Kurenai said.

"I almost kissed him." I blurted out. As soon as I said that my hands immediately went to my mouth. "Why did I have to drop that bombshell on her like that?" I thought to myself as my eyes dropped to the table sheepishly.

"Wow I didn't expect that." Kurenai said with her crimson eyes wide.

"I know, I know-." I said before Kurenai interrupted me.

"Tell me everything." Kurenai said excitedly looking at me to fill her in.

I was a bit shocked at how excited Kurenai was to hear the details. I shook it off and smiled that I could talk to my best friend openly.

I filled in Kurenai with all the details from when I had found Kakashi in the middle of the night all the way to him calming her down at the hospital.

"Aww that's so sweet." Kurenai gushed. I didn't know Kakashi could be so caring and loving." Kurenai continued.

I smiled and blushed at Kurenai's reaction. "Kakashi had been so caring and loving to me." I thought to myself as I began to daydream about Kakashi.

"Rin, Rin snap out of it." Kurenai said snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"What did you say Kurenai?" I asked as I snapped out of my daydreams.

"I was just saying that you're the person who's gotten the closest to Kakashi. As long as I've known him, he's never opened up that much." Kurenai said.

Warmth spread throughout my body again, but this time it was different. The warmth was stronger and it could feel it all the way from my fingers to my toes. "What should I do now?" I asked.

"I've never been in a relationship before, I don't know how to handle these feelings or his feelings what do I do Kurenai?" I asked starting to panic a little bit.

"Hey just calm down." Kurenai said in a calm steady voice trying to calm me down.

My frantic brown eyes met her calm crimson eyes and I force myself to take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Ok Rin there's no reason to freak out. No one knows Kakashi better than you. I think it's better if you talk to Kakashi now, it's better to strike right now after you two have had your moment." Kurenai said.

I felt a rush of relief and gratitude run through me. My best friend was backing my thoughts that there was something between me and Kakashi telling me the best thing to do was talk to Kakashi about how I felt.

"Thank you so much Kurenai!" I squealed happily as I hugged her and put the money to pay for my meal and I ran towards the hospital to see Kakashi.

Kurenai smiled as her friend raced out of the restaurant towards the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital pretty quickly making my way to Kakashi's room. I knocked on the door. "Kakashi?" I asked.

No response came and I called for him again knocking on the door.

I then opened the door a crack to look in. The only person I inside the was a cleaning woman who was tidying up the room. "Excuse me do you know where Kakashi Hatake the patient who was in here earlier is?" I asked.

"Oh yes the head of hospital was up in arms about him escaping." The cleaning woman said nonchalantly.

"Of course he escaped, Kakashi has hated hospitals since we've been young and I can't blame him after all he's been through." I thought to myself.

"Thank you ma'am." I said bowing to the cleaning lady as I headed to the apartment that we shared leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

I was soon at the apartment door. I heard muffled voices talking inside, but I couldn't make out who was talking. I turned the key in the lock opening the door.

I open the door to see Kakashi and Minato - Sensei in the living room talking. Minato sitting a chair and Kakashi on the couch. Both of their heads turned to Rin who stood in the doorway.

"Kakashi, Minato - Sensei I'm sorry to interrupt you two." I said.

"It's not a problem Rin I was about to leave anyways." Minato said as he stood up and left the apartment.

I walked over to the couch and took a seat next to Kakashi.

"So what did Minato - Sensei want to talk about?" I asked looking at Kakashi.

"He just making sure I was doing alright after I took off from the hospital, how did lunch go with Kurenai?" Kakashi asked.

Kakashi bringing up my lunch from Kurenai brought what I wanted to tell to the forefront of my thoughts and gave me more confidence.

"It went well, Kakashi I need to tell you something." I said trying to muster my confidence to the best of my ability.

"What's on your mind Rin?" Kakashi asked lazily lounging on the couch looking at me expectingly.

I didn't dance around what I wanted to say. I was straight up with him not sugarcoating it. "I like you Kakashi." I said.

He immediately snapped out of his position frantically and sat up straight. "Wait what did you say?" Kakashi asked shock in his voice.

"I said I love you." I said softly as I close my eyes and lean towards him to kiss him.

I feel myself being stopped by something and I open my eyes to see Kakashi holding my shoulders. "What's wrong Kakashi?" I asked confused with my head tilted looking at him.

"Rin I can't." Kakashi said his voice soft and full of pain not able to meet my eyes.

I could feel tears welling up in the corners of my eyes. "You don't like me back?" I asked my voice breaking.

"No, no, no I didn't say that." Kakashi said quickly as he made me look at him.

"Then what is it?" I yelled at Kakashi releasing my emotions.

Kakashi backed down due to my outburst. "I do like you Rin." He said before I interrupted him.

"Then what's the problem? Why can't we be together?" I asked standing up in frustration and gesturing my hands frustratedly.

Kakashi grabbed both my arms and pulled me back down onto the couch next to him looking me in the eye. I could feel sadness in his eye as he became talking. "The problem is that I'm broken Rin, it wouldn't be fair for you to have to deal with me." Kakashi said his head slumping as if he was ashamed and couldn't bear to meet my eyes. His words hit me like a brick wall and I could feel a lump form in my throat. I overcame that lump and anger overtook me.

Those words out of his mouth lit a fire in me. I stood up and lashed out at Kakashi in anger. "Who are to decide what is fair for me?" I yelled at him who just sat on the couch in defeat.

A bit of anger flashed in Kakashi's eye as he stood up to face me. "You don't know how deep my emotional scars run, you don't know the emotional baggage that I carry with me. I'm not ready for a relationship. You deserve better than me, I'm sorry I can't do this to you Rin." Kakashi said as he let all of his anger out and sat back down.

I wanted to yell at Kakashi to let out more anger, but I couldn't as I felt sadness overwhelm me. I just turned and ran out the door with tears falling from my eyes. I jumped onto the roof of the next door building. I knew somewhere I could go and someone to confide in.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(With Kakashi, no POV)
Kakashi just sat on the couch looking at the door Rin had left through. "I did it for her own good, I'm too broken. I'm not meant for a relationship." Kakashi said to himself. But his words sounded hollow even to him.

Author's note: Hey I just want to let you guys know that I'm making a change to the book. Whenever I say POV it will be a 1st POV. I will keep doing the 3rd POV, but just let me know if you like the 1st POV or not. Thanks! Appreciate you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 230 25
Itachi × Reader × Kakashi After the death of Sakumo Hatake, Y/n Ikari was thrown away from the village in accusations of killing him. Even after the...
46.7K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
3.2K 96 17
꧁College au , modern au , Kakashi x Rin꧂ ➪Kakashi Hatake was a straight A student all through middle and high school. He was on the volleyball team i...
68.5K 2.2K 34
(Very Slow Edits) Would you make a choice that would help fix the past? Are you prepared for the consequences that follow? DISCLAIMER: I DON'T own...