Fracturization (Honkai Impact...

By Corrupted839

A boy saved by the First Herrscher made it his mission to follow in his savior's footsteps and fight against... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Welcome to St. Freya Academy
Chapter 3: Normal School Days
Chapter 4: Necessary Preparations
Chapter 5: The Valkyrie Trials Pt.1
Chapter 6: The Valkyrie Trials Pt.2
Chapter 7: A History Lesson
Chapter 8: The Holy Maid
EX Chapter I | Something to Protect
Chapter 9: Mysteries of the Stigmata
Chapter 10: The Dive
Chapter 11: The Blade's Curse
Chapter 12: Chiyou Awakened
Chapter 13: The Eternal Prison
EX Chapter II | Meet the Class Monitor
Chapter 14: Academy Infiltration
Chapter 15: Clash of the Herrschers
Chapter 16: The White Comet
Chapter 17: Dark Currents
Chapter 18: The Informant
Chapter 19: Imminent Crisis
Chapter 20: Reawakening
Chapter 21: Just Another Day
Chapter 22: Trouble in Soukai City
Chapter 23: Distant Voices
Chapter 24: Oceania Assignment
Chapter 25: Poem of the Wind
EX Chapter III | A Day to Heal
Chapter 26: The Smile of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Echoes of the Past
Chapter 28: Flames of Rebellion
Chapter 29: Will of the Herrscher
Chapter 30: Journey for Tomorrow
Chapter 31: The Void's Trail
Chapter 32: The Eye of The Serpent
Chapter 33: Unraveling Shadows
EX Chapter IV | Our Next Step
Chapter 34: Arc Nocturne
Chapter 35: Drifter
Chapter 36: Starfall
Chapter 37: Nightfall

Chapter 2: A Friendly Spar?

6.5K 196 119
By Corrupted839

I just can't seem to avoid getting in trouble, can I...?

Right now, I am on my own in the armoury, preparing for my upcoming sparring match against Kiana Kaslana.

Looking around, there are many types of weapons available. From simple one-handed short swords, claymores, and even scythes. Firearms are available as well. Pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, complete with tactical attachments.

So many weapons to choose from, but I mainly specialize in swords. They are simple, but also quite versatile and can get the job done in most situations. So I went towards the bladed weapons section and picked out a plain-looking, one-handed sword. I would've preferred to use one of my own swords as they were made specifically to my liking, but the use of personal equipment is prohibited in training matches.

I placed the blade inside its sheath and strapped it securely to my back, giving it a small tug to make sure it wasn't going to slip during any intense movements.

I didn't need to change clothes as the standard school uniform that are worn by the students here can handle a lot of stress and it already has good flexibility. Although it's not as good as my Battlesuit, it shouldn't hinder my movements too much.

I then took a moment to remind myself to hold back. And God forbid if I accidentally revealed my Herrscher powers. Tes would give me an earful about it for an entire week...

I released a sigh.

Akiri: Let's just get this over with...

After getting ready, I walked out of the armoury and entered the training arena, where Kiana is already waiting for me, also wearing her school uniform, standing there with her arms crossed. On her hip, are two pistol holsters on each side.

The other girls are watching not too far off the sides, all seated at the spectator seats.

Girl #1: Go, Kiana!

Girl #2: Show him how superior we girls are!

Loud cheers and shouting were heard, all undoubtedly against me and are supporting the silver-haired girl in front of me. I realized that this is no longer just a match between me and Kiana. This is a battle between males and females.

Mei: Do your best, you guys!

I heard Mei's voice among the noisy crowd. She cheering us on as she is sitting next to Bronya, who is quiet as always.

Kiana: I'm going to give you a chance

I heard Kiana say from where she is standing.

Akiri: A chance?

Kiana: To surrender. There's no way you're beating me, a Kaslana. I'd rather spend my time sparring with someone that could keep up with me. What do you say?

Akiri: No, I don't think I will

Kiana: Hmph! Then get ready to lose!

She shouted as she pointed a finger at me.

Himeko: Are you both ready?

Himeko said as she was standing off to the side of the arena, holding a tablet which is displaying our vitals.

Kiana: Ready!

Kiana shouted while I just answered with a nod.

Looking back at what Kiana is using, it is a pair of the same looking dual pistols. Judging from the design of the weapons, she's using standard model USP45s. And the fact that she is a Kaslana only means one thing; she'll be using the Kaslana gun-kata. A technique used by house Kaslana for generations.

I'm curious to see how far she has gotten at mastering it.

Himeko: Begin!

At Major Himeko's shout, the match has gone underway. Kiana didn't waste any time as she immediately unholstered both of her pistols and started firing.

I reacted by immediately unsheathing my sword from my back and started to deflect the incoming barrage of bullets, focusing on the muzzle of her weapons to predict the trajectory of her shots.

As I expected, although with slight differences, she's fighting the same way as her father. Siegfried had taught her well. Even I had trouble learning the Kaslana gun-kata when he tried to teach me that one time.

I can't keep standing here blocking her attacks. Eventually, I would tire myself out and she would be able to break through my defence. I need to close the distance quickly.

As I deflect another projectile aimed at my chest, I started my advance, charging straight towards her as I deflect her bullets at the same time.

As I got into my effective range, I swing my sword upwards, aiming for her torso, but she was quick to react as she leaned backwards, avoiding my attack.

I quickly followed up with a downwards swing, but as my attack was about to hit, she blocks my blade using both of her pistols before pushing my sword away with all her strength and followed up with a strong back kick to the gut, which pushes me back.

The crowd cheers as Kiana had gotten the first hit of the battle.

To keep the pressure on, I immediately ran back to her and got onto the offensive. However, my attacks failed to through her defence as she kept blocking and countering my strikes with combinations of pistol shots and kicks.

This is the essence of the Kaslana gun-kata. Using dual pistols in mid-ranged fighting, and also in close quarters combat, making it a formidable technique to go up against without any long-ranged weapons.

Sparks flew every time our weapons made contact. The two of us fiercely assault each other with constant strikes, not leaving a single opening for the other to hit. Although I'm holding back my strength quite a bit, I can tell that she's very skilled.

She dodges a horizontal swing from my sword by ducking down low and immediately counterattacked with a sweep kick, but I avoided it just in time by backflipping away before getting into a defensive stance, ready to deflect a shot, but she didn't immediately fire.

Kiana: Is that all you got?

She said, with a cocky grin still on her face as the two of us took a moment to catch our breath.

Kiana: Looks like this is gonna be easier than I thought

She taunts, although it wasn't for any tactical advantage, she's overly confident in her abilities, and genuinely thinks that she could beat me.

I've had my fun long enough. I should just lose purposely and end the ma-

Girl #1: Yeah! Kick his butt!

Girl #2: Win it for the girls, Kiana!

I heard the girls watching shout.

...I know I shouldn't do this, but screw it. If they all go into battle thinking that they're invincible, they're not going to last long as Valkyries. I'm gonna teach these girls a lesson they'll never forget. I'm winning this match.

Tightly gripping the handle of my sword, I charged full speed towards the silver-haired girl. She was caught off guard, probably because I'm moving faster than before as I was intentionally slowed down my movements. She panickly fired off her guns at me, but just like before, I deflected them off with my blade as I got closer.

I got in front of her and immediately attacked with a left to right horizontal swing. As expected, she went to block the strike using her guns, but what she didn't expect, is for me to put enough energy into my swing to knock one of her guns out of her hand.

Kiana: What the-?!

She exclaimed in shock with widened eyes as the weapon flew out of her hand and falls to the hard floor of the arena. With this, I basically removed her advantage. Without a second pistol, her Kaslana gun-kata is rendered useless.

Not wanting to give her time to recover, I quickly followed up with another swing. She had no choice but to dodge by moving back.

Now in a panic, Kiana aimed her one remaining pistol at me, but before she could pull the trigger I ran over to her and knocked the gun out of her hand, disarming her completely.

She grunted, and in a last-ditch effort, she lunges towards me as she reels her fist back for a punch, but it was pointless as I went low and downed her with a sweep kick.

The match ends as I pointed the tip of my blade at her neck before she could get back up. Surprised gasps were heard from the audience, probably shocked that I actually won the duel.

Himeko: That's the match. Akiri Shiranobu is the winner!

At Major Himeko's declaration, I took a step backwards from the fallen girl and sheathed my sword.

(Timeskip)

After that, the rest of the day went on without any complications. The other girls went on and had their duels until the end of combat classes.

As the class was dismissed by Major Himeko, the sky had an orange tint to it, the sun was already started to set for the day.

Right now, me, Mei, Kiana and Bronya are walking together towards the direction of where the student dormitory is. I would've preferred to avoid seeing Kiana for now, but Mei had invited me along and I couldn't refuse.

The silver-haired girl just stayed silent throughout our walk, probably still salty about our little duel earlier, which is understandable considering she lost.

Mei: You did well back there Kiana

Mei tried to cheer her up.

Kiana: I still lost...

The silver-haired girl replied with her arms crossed and slightly puckered lips.

Mei: Come on, stop sulking. I'll cook you your favourite food for dinner, alright?

Her expression remains unchanged, but I could notice a bit of drool coming out of her mouth.

Akiri: Hey, Raiden-san is right. You did great back there

Kiana: Hmph. Save your breath. I don't need your pity

Akiri: I'm serious. I can tell how hard you trained from the way you fight. You were amazing

Kiana: Sh-shut up! Idiot!

She stammered as she immediately turns her head to the side, looking away from me for some reason. And I can see a tint of red on her cheeks.

Is she blushing?

Mei: Anyway, where will you be staying, Akiri-kun? There are no male dormitories here

She asked, breaking the awkward silence between us.

Kiana: He's probably going to sleep outside. There's no way he's living anywhere close to us

Akiri: No, the principal had already given me a room

Mei: That's good. What's your room number?

Akiri: Ah, let me see...

I said before putting my hand into my back pocket and fished out a single key, which is attached to a tag with the room number on it.

Akiri: Here it is

I said as I showed them the tag.

Kiana: What?!

For some reason, Kiana was completely shocked and Mei had her eyes widened, while Bronya's expression was the same as ever.

Akiri: Hm? What is it?

I asked with a raised eyebrow, confused at their sudden behaviour.

Mei: That's...

(Timeskip)

Kiana: He can't stay here, this is a girl's dormitory!

Kiana shouted in protest. We are currently in Major Himeko's room, which happens to be the same room that I am given. It seems like I'm supposed to be living with them in the same dorm room.

Major Himeko was already in the room when we came in, sitting under the warmth of the kotatsu, with a can of beer in her hand.

Himeko: Orders are orders. You need to get used to it if you ever want to become an A-rank Valkyrie

Himeko answered before drinking a can of beer.

Kiana: B-but he's a guy! In a room full of girls!

Mei: Well, as long as he doesn't do anything indecent, it should be fine

Bronya: The Bronya doesn't mind as well

Kiana: Okay, if he's going to stay here, we have to set some rules!

Akiri: Fine, I understand. I'll accept any conditions you give

Kiana: First, don't look at us, don't talk to us, and don't breathe

Akiri: What you've described is a dead body! At least let me breathe!

Kiana: Ew, I don't want you smelling us!

Akiri: What kind of person do you take me for?!

Himeko: Quiet down. We can have this conversation later

Kiana: But-

Himeko: No buts. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid and doesn't try anything funny on us, then it's fine

Kiana had no choice but to accept her defeat with slumped shoulders.

Himeko: Your room is right over there

She pointed towards one of the doors visible from the living room. I then walked towards it and opened the door.

I flicked on the light switch, illuminating the room. I see that it was only a tiny room. There is only a single bed in the corner with a small study table next to it and a small wardrobe at the opposite side.

Himeko: This used to be a storage room, so it's going to be a bit cramped

Akiri: No, this is fine. Thank you

I said with a polite bow and she went back to the living room. I then closed the door and went to drop down on my bed as I released an exhausted sigh.

Akiri: Well, I guess this is my life now...

And so, that is how I went on to become the first-ever male student studying at St. Freya Academy, a place where Valkyries are trained to fight against the Honkai.

To be honest, I am a bit excited about what lies on ahead. Although, I shouldn't forget that I'm technically in enemy territory. I could be in danger if I let my connection to Anti-Entropy slip.

Speaking of which, I should probably try to find a way to contact home base to let them know I'm okay. Eins is probably staying up all night trying to find me, and Tes is probably worried sick about me, although she would never admit it.

For now, I should be on high alert. Hiding my identity is top priority. Although, I'm not even surprised if I'm being monitored already...

(Elsewhere)

(Third person POV)

At an undisclosed location, a blond-haired man with green eyes is looking at a holographic screen, while sitting on a fancy looking chair and drinking from a wine glass.

???: Sir. I've just received a report from Master Fu Hua. Several students have just enrolled to St. Freya

A woman with white hair and wearing an orange-coloured visor spoke out. The man then looks over towards her.

???: She informed me of their names. Kiana Kaslana and Akiri Shiranobu

A smirk grew on the man's face, hearing the news.

Man: So K-423 has finally returned home... And test subject 51 is back from the dead... This is truly unexpected

???: Should I send the order to apprehend them?

Man: No need, Amber. We'll leave them be and let her observe them for now. I am rather curious about his development since Siberia

Amber: Very well, Lord Otto

She said with a slight bow and the man known as Lord Otto still had a smirk on his face as he took a sip from his glass.

--------------------

(A/N: And that's it for the preview chapters. I hope you all enjoyed it so far.

And now, you might be wondering about the important announcement I mentioned in the previous chapter. Well, it's more of a question rather than an announcement.

You see, I was going to ask you for your opinion on whether or not I should continue this story, as I'm not fully confident whether or not you all will be interested in this book or not. However, after reading all of your supportive comments and feedback in the previous chapters, I guess I've already got my answer.

So look forward to the continuation of this story in a few short months.

Thank you for all of your support. And as always, thanks for reading.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 15 9
A retelling of Chapter XI: EX And with some themes from My Hero Academia and Red ve Blue. Disclaimer: I do not own Honkai Impact 3rd.
126K 2.9K 35
Diake was just a normal Nagazora City citizen, when the Honkai suddenly broke out into the city, turning anyone and everyone into mindless zombies or...
13.8K 737 32
A fan of many popular gacha games since his pre-teen years, Gabriel Tsun Ren Woo's dreams of becoming a gaming streamer was crushed as his world was...
19.2K 732 29
Four months have passed since the Herrscher of the Void's awakening. In the time since, the world has gone into chaos. Despite that, Alex promises to...