Turn: Washington's Spies: Ham...

By Ashalynn87

One-shots and other TURN and even Hamilton(the musical) stuff. (But mostly TURN) I've never done something li... More

REQUESTS HERE :]
Reader x Townsend: Is there something wrong with the eggs I boiled for you?
Reader x Townsend: the boiled eggs-Part two
Reader x Townsend (part 1)
Reader x Simcoe: You're not filled with terror at my vengful lust?
Male Reader x Simcoe: I cant wait anymore
Male Reader x Simcoe: I dont care
Simcoe x Reader PT ONE
Simcoe x Reader PT TWO
Simcoe x Male Reader with fluff/angst
Simcoe x Reader x Abe Pt1
Male Reader x Lafayette: I dont know, I might have to come see you again.
Male Reader x Lafayette: you need, an escort
Lafayette x Fem!Japanese!Reader
Turn Boys Reacting To Your Death: Benjamin, Hamilton, Lafayette, and Townsend
Turn Boys React To Your Death Prt2: Andre' and Woodhull
Turn Boiz Reacting To Ur Death prt 3: hamilton
Turn boys reacting to your death: Washington, Hamilton, Lafayette, and Tallmadge
Turn Boys react to your death: Abe, Simcoe, Brewster, and Ben
Male Reader x John Laurens
John Laurens x GN Mongolian Reader
Female Reader x Peggy (turn)
Peggy Shippen x Female Reader
Reader x John Andrí
Andre x Reader (Angst/fluff)
Andre x reader
Andre x f!reader with fluff/angst (pt1)
Andre x f!reader with fluff/angst (pt2)
Andre x reader fluff/angst (prt3)
Reader x Hewlett: You are my new star
Reader x Hewlett (Part One)
Reader x Hewlett (Part Two)
Reader x Hewlett (Part 3) uwu
Hewlett x Reader part 4
Hewlett x Reader: The Star and The Moon
Caleb Brewster x Reader
Ensign Baker x Reader
Ensign Baker x reader
Male Reader x George Washington
Reader x Washington: Yorktown
Washington x (young) Wife Reader
Washington x Reader (Reader Dressed as Man)
Washington x Reader
Washington x Reader
Washington x Reader (Part One)
Hamilton x Reader: Forbidden
Reader x Hamilton: Forbidden part 2
Male Reader x Hamilton
Female! Reader x Alexander Hamilton
Reader x Hamilton (Reader is Washington's Daughter)
Alexander Hamilton x GN!TibetainReader
Hamilton x Reader
Male Reader x Benjamin Tallmadge: Guess I need a new coat
Male Reader x Tallmadge
Ben Tallmadge x Reader
Benjamin Tallmadge x reader
Ben Tallmadge x Reader
Ben Tallmadge x Male Reader
Eliza x Male Reader

Simcoe x Reader

685 7 0
By Ashalynn87

This was a request from shadowsstudios231. Took me a long while to get the right theme but I got there and I think its cute. A bit rushed but it is cute, fluff. I hope you like it :3

In this one you are the daughter of one of the first Royal Army Drill Sergeants of the War who was sent to Setauket to train new redcoats. What ever will happen between you and Captain Simcoe? (Fun Fact: the first Drill Sergeant in America was in the Revolutionary War, A Prussian named General Von Steuben in the continental Army with George Washington)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your father was a Brigadier General under King George the third. Your father moved to the colonies before you were born, he wanted to retire, and he did for a while, but once the revolution began he was called back into service once more to train the new men the King was sending over from the mainland. He told your father in a letter to leave New York and move to Setauket Long Island to train the new men where there was lots of room for then to train and sleep. You came along with.

Your father was upset but had to do his duties. You were just going with the flow, your mother was angry. She loved the city, going to the shops, and now she would be going to a small town that smelt of fish. Father and mother never really got along, there marriage was arranged by there parents when they were kids. But they did love you and your little brother. Your brother was a mama's boy, you were daddy's little girl. He favored you, said he say lot of himself in you. You said similar things he would say, act like him, sit like him, you were like a clone.

As you began approaching the small quaint town of Setauket you could smell the sea salt in the air, the breath of the sea. The cold air on your face. "We are here." your father grumbled. "So it would seem." your mother added on. "Looks sad." your brother joked. 

You arrived at your new home and looked up at the two story building. "Its quite nice." The building looked like Whitehall, a place you and father visited in Setauket before moving officially, though it looked just like Whitehall the shutters of the building were dark green. It was lovely, inviting. "Let us move in. The furniture is already inside." your father grumbled. 

You found your room and set up your personal belongings. Tomorrow you wanted to go into town to introduce yourself and meet the people. get to know them and hopefully make some friends. You got ready for bed, and rested.

You awoke and grabbed a plaid dress [any color] and scarf on account of the cold weather caused by the wind coming from the water across the way. Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, they all tended to bring wind, not always, but when they did it was always piercing cold. You told your mother and father you were going to town to know the locals before the new soldiers came the next day. You grabbed a notebook before heading out to take notes. 

You came across a tavern and wondered inside to see lots of the regular soldiers. A woman walked up to you. "Can I help you Miss?"

"Yes, I was wondering if I could have a drink?" You didn't want to just be straight forward and ask her her name. She took you to a small table in the corner and asked what you wanted. "[Drink of choice]." you said, she walked away and came back shortly with the drink. "Might I ask your name Miss-?"

"Anna. Anna Strong. Might I ask the same?"

"[y/n], [y/f/n]." 

"You must be the daughter of the Brigadier General then, yes?"

"That would be correct. I was hoping to get to know some of you, the people of the town before it becomes flooded with soldiers."

"We are a small town, you should know us all by day's end." She smiled and walked away to tend to other customers at the tavern. You wrote down her name and that she worked at the tavern. As you were righting that down you noticed some of the soldiers looking at you. One was staring intently, eyes fixated unlike any other eyes that have looked and gazed at you before. You turned your head slightly but casually to get a better look of the man. He was pale in skin tone, clearly would be tall if standing, powdered wig, big bright blue eyes, and long face. Strong looking hands, and you could see his brain thinking behind those staining eyes. 

Throughout the day you met lots of people, most of the town. You found you really liked Mrs. Strong, and would be visiting her in the Tavern and her home whenever you had the time and could. A Mrs. Woodhull asked you to visit, saying it would be nice to have a friend and you agreed. As the sun began to set across the water you realized you should head home, a strong gust of wind came rushing towards you ripping your scarf from your neck. You turned around to chase it but the man who was staring at you from Mr. and Mrs. Strong's tavern was standing there. The soldier began his way towards you and handed you the scarf. "Thank you."

"You are welcome, Miss [y/l/n]." he walked past you, with it being late you had to have an escort, right? And you could get to know this man. "Wait! I was wondering if you could escort me home because it is getting late? Then I can also perhaps learn your name aswell?"

"Of course." The man bent his arm adjacent for you to wrap your hands around his arm, you did so and the two of you began walking. "I am Lieutenant John Graves Simcoe. I am a Soldier under Captain Joyce and Major Hewlett."

"Pleasure to meet you." there was a strange feeling rushing in and all around you. There was just something about this man. Something...grand. "Pleasure is all mine. I saw you had a book with you, do you enjoy to read?"

"I do, however this is a notebook, I like to take notes every time we move so I remember the people I meet. Silly isn't it?" you looked at the ground. "No, not silly at all. I understand it. Will I be in the pages of your notebook?"

His little question made you smile. "I shall dedicate an entire page to you, Sir." He smiled, a small smile but smile none the less. You arrived home. "Thank you, Lieutenant Simcoe."

"Any time, Miss [y/l/n]." He walked away and you entered into your home. There stood your mother, she was standing my your father who was sat in a large cushioned chair facing at an angle towards the window where they could see you.  "Who was that?"

"Just a Lieutenant, I wanted to meet as many people as I could, especially the people of the town before the flood of soldiers comes in."

"Why must you always do this every time we move? We are going to leave and go back home once your father is done here. To England, where we will live on the outskirts of London for the rest of our days. You don't need to remember everyone you meet in the colonies. Just stop. Besides, you are only going to encourage affections from that MAN out there. He is not worthy of you." Your mother lectured. 

"Were is this coming from? And not worthy? He was just being kind, no affections were present."

"Your mother is right, besides we already found you a match." Your father added.

"A match?" you questioned.

"Well yes. Your father and I have been talking a lot about this. A woman of your age should be married by now, your not getting younger." Your mother said bitterly. "He is a friend of your father, a fellow Brigadier General. Lots of wealth and a good name. His name is Arthur Dunstead." she continued, you were speechless, shocked. Upset and angry. How could they just pick someone for you, and someone you never met? "You should thank us Dear. We pulled quite the amount of strings to ask him to travel soon to meet your acquaintance, to see how much of a wonderful loyal wife you will be to him. Thank us Dear."

"Thank you." you said angerly but quietly enough your mother and yourself wouldn't get into a screaming match. "I will retire for the night. Goodnight, Mother. Father." you ran up he stairs and to your room and slammed the door behind you. "'Thank us' Can't believe that." you mumbled to yourself in disbelief, upset, angry. Thankful that they were about to ruin your life. Marriage had never even crossed your  mind yet. You never thought about it... and now you would be married before you even knew it. 

The following day you woke up and got dressed into pants and loosely tied your hair. "Where are you going like that? You look like a boy." Your brother said, "Mother might want to keep you close, with so many men around, she wants to make sure your heart stays with your intended."

"An intended I have not met yet. Trust me brother, I will catch no feelings for any man. I plan to be a lonely spinster like Auntie Jules." You left out the door before your brother could respond. You went into town to look around, on the hill sat the Church, Abraham informed you the Major had turned it into a stables and home base for the army and his horses. You saw the men on that hill training, your father yelling commands. He began making the men run up and down the hill. Some threw-up, you knew your father and worse was to come. He hadn't made them run holding their weapons or a box filled with whatever he could find. This was just the beginning, they were in for a long eight months of training. 

"Admiring the soldiers?" a female voice said behind you. You clenched your notebook to your chest to see Mary. "Mary? Good morning." Mary had her son at her hip. "Pants?"

"They are comfortable. How are you?"

"I am well. I see your father is working those men hard."

"Yes. He is. Also, I am not admiring them. Just making observation. Seeing how they are now versus eight months from now when we are done and return to New York or where-ever the King requires us."

"Is your family that close to the King?" She said adjusting Thomas on her hip as he plaid with a loose strand of her hair. "Yes, my family is from the Duke of Morringham family. Morringham is now currently an older part of London, while we are no longer Dukes and Duchesses we a Military family that has been and will continue to be close to the royal family. My father met King George on many occasions as they grew up. Their fathers would convers a lot as my fathers father was the head of King George the Seconds army in the rebellion with the Scotts. The king favors my father, hoping he can do the same with the colonies rebellion."

"I see." You both look to the men. "How did you meet Abraham?" you ask. You both wanted a friend in Mary, and to know if hers was arranged or happened organically. "I was engaged to his brother, arranged, when he died, Abe stood up and asked me to marry him. I love my husband. How about you Miss [y/l/n]?"

"Oh no." you rubbed the back of your neck nervous. "I am engaged to a General my father has picked. Arranged."

"I hope he is good for you, just as my Abraham is for me. Excuse me." She began on her way. Mary seemed happy but you felt their was more to the story. You continued in town, seeing Mr. Baker and Mr. Elseller a their post on the dock. You walked up to a stand to talk to Mrs. Dejong who was looking at flowers. Mrs. Dejong then left after talking a while and returned to her husband. As she left a different person approached you. "Miss [y/l/n]?" You turn to see Lieutenant Simcoe. "Oh, its you. How are you this morning Lieutenant?"

"I am well, I was about to ask you the same."

"I am quite well, what brings you here?" you ask, as you were on the edge of town looking at a random patch of flowers. "I saw you standing here. I hope it was okay for me to approach you, and to watch you look at flowers. Do you like flowers?"

"I find flowers delightful. Each one is unique and different. I admire that." You bent down and picked one up. You handed it to Simcoe. He grabbed it gently. "Thank you, Miss [y/l/n]." You were about to ask if you and Simcoe could walk and talk when you were interrupted before you could even say a word. "[Y/N]!" Mother...

"[Y/n], you come here now. You are needed at home."

"Yes, mother. " You left without saying bye to Simcoe because you knew your mother. "Stop acting like a whore, pants? Giving a flower to a Soldier. What is wrong with you? Are you even thinking?" She angerly whisper grumbled into your ear. To be honest you didn't think when you gave Simcoe the flower, you just did it. You also didn't intend to answer so honestly to his question. Something was just different about him. A strange pull and reaction from you. In you. You clenched your chest, "I wasn't."

Mother dragged you home and got you to change into a dress. For the next few days you were trapped at home while your mother taught you etiquette. Father came home one day and said Captain Joyce was murdered. That Abraham was the most plausible suspect. You had only talked to Abraham that one day, but he didn't strike you as a murderer. Mary only spoke good of him when she came to visit one day. Anna visited once aswell and said good of Abraham too. Anna said Simcoe had been acting different, that he seemed more agitated. That tensions were high and she hoped that you could calm him. You informed her you were trapped at home. As far as the rest of Setauket knew, you were sick in bed. 

Anna came back another day and informed you Abraham was not behind the murder of Captain Joyce, she also said that in them wake of Joyce's death Simcoe was now Captain. "That's wonderful."

"Also," Anna lifted her skirt and pulled a letter from her sock. "Simcoe gave this to me last night to give to you."

"Thank you Anna, I appreciate this."

"Don't thank me. It is what friends do. I shall take my leave now. See you again soon." Anna left, as soon as she was gone you rushed to open the letter. This was the first time in your life you were excited and happy to open a letter. Most of the time you felt nothing of it or dread, fearing it was a bachelor or man asking your hand or wanting to make your acquaintance. His letter was soft, it read almost like a poem. It sounded just as beautiful as a poem but was just as moving as a song. You were both surprised and pleased. 

This man, who was by all accounts quite scary to most people was a kind and misunderstood soul. You heard your father and Major Hewlett talk about Simcoe downstairs. They didn't have kind things to say about him. You got to the finally page of the letter where he said we was going on a ambush, that he would be back. You touched the paper gently where he signed his name and where he said he would be back. You held the letter to your chest and smiled. You felt feelings in your chest and body you had never felt before. Was this, Love? Or the beginning of it? It had to be. you told yourself. It had to be. 

The days passed and soon your father came home and was conversing with your brother, you crept as down as you could on the stairs to listen. Your brother was working with your father as an ade de camp, finally being the soldier father always wanted your brother to be. You hoped it was news that the men Simcoe was in charge of that Major Hewlett sent out had returned. Your heart was jumping in excitement waiting to hear that they did but quickly sank with your fathers next works. "Not a single survivor and that scoundrel Simcoe was never found."

You were frozen. This was insane. He wasn't found? No. You regained control of your body and slowly returned up the stairs and to your room. You sat on the edge of your bed. Your mother shortly their after came bursting into your room. "Daughter, get dressed, we are going into town to show how healthy you are now that you are over your sickness." Of course, now that Simcoe is missing, you are aloud out of the house. "Okay, just give me some time mother."

Once in town you rushed to find Anna. You and mother stood outside the tavern and talked to Mrs. Dejong. Anna finally exited the tavern, she had a bucket in hand and dumped what was clearly a mixture of throw-up and water. You rushed to her, "Anna." was all you said before you hugged her. "Did you hear the news?"

"Aye, I did. How you holding up?"

"I'm holding." you looked up to the sign. "Did Mr. Dejong bye this place? You told me you were thinking about it the last time we spoke." Anna looked to the ground disappointed, the back up. "Aye. And I will have to move into the tavern, I lost my home, [y/n]."

"I am so sorry, Anna."

"Don't be. Tis' the life of a woman I suppose." She said, her voice cracking. "Come over to Strong Manner. I would like your help."

"Anything for a friend." you reassured her. 

"Daughter?" Your mother called. "See you in tonight, Anna." you walked to your mother, and began walking away back towards home. "Daughter, you and Mrs. Strong are friends?"

"Yes."

"Glad to see you are friends with a fellow woman." you wondered what that meant, then again you never really had female friends, usually no friends really, but your mother and father hated when the closest thing you had to a friend was a male. So your mother must be happy, thinking keeping you locked up at home changed you. Fixed you.

Once night came and your family was asleep you rushed out of the house and ran to Strong Manor. Once their Anna opened the door. You helped her finish packing the last of her things, she informed you that for a few days Simcoe took up Joyce's room. You went inside the room and on the windowsill was the flower you gave him. He kept it, actually kept it. A simple little flower you gave him on instinct or a whim. He kept it.

 That melted your heart and you took the flower with you, and returned home. After some time, some people said Simcoe was dead, others say he disserted. You figured he died on account that you hoped if he disserted he would have come back for you. If he was the type of man to keep a single flower, he surely would be the type to return to someone. Thinking he was dead, you informed Mother and Father you were ready to meet the man they had picked for you.

You wrote a letter to General Arthur Dunstead. You couldn't believe Simcoe was just gone. There was no way. Maybe...Maybe he was still okay? You sat in the living room, quietly reading a book. "I am so happy you wrote to General Dunstead. Has he written you back?"

"I got his letter today. I am yet to open it, I will open in the privacy of my room. If that is alright with you, Mother." you said with pure dullness in your voice. "Of course, Daughter." your mother said with a glow as she continued to knit, there was sass in her next sentence. "Just glad you finally got your world together."

"Appreciate, Mother." you set your book aside and took a sip of tea as you looked out the window. You saw a tall man. It was Simcoe. You stood up quickly to your feet. "Mother, I will be getting fresh air, I will return inside soon so please wait for me. No need for you to catch cold." you rushed out the door. Your mother had no response to you. 

You ran up to him. His wig was a mess, one eye swollen, bruises and cuts on his face. You had the natural instinct to touch his face. "Are you alright? Can I help? Does it hurt?"

"I am quite alright. Glad to be back."

"What happened?" you placed your hands on both sides of his face. He place one hand on one of your own. "It was a trap. I was taken prisoner and tortured by a Major Tallmadge and Lieutenant Brewster. I will heal in no time so worry not Miss [y/n]." He pulled your hands away from his face. Your realized his face must hurt, of course it hurt, and you just touched him like that. "Of course I will worry, Captain." you said putting distance between you, both literal as you took a step back, and mental, calling him by just title and not name. "Can I please bring you food or anything. I am so sorry."

He placed a hand on your cheek. "You have no reason to be sorry Miss [y/n]. If you wish, I would enjoy your company in good health." Ensign Baker came running up. Simcoe quickly removed his hand and you stepped back again. "Captain Simcoe, Major Hewlett has requested I escort you to Whitehall to discuss what happened."

"Yes, Ensign Baker." Simcoe never broke eye contact, Baker began his way, Simcoe bowed to you, and began his way behind Baker to Whitehall. You returned inside. Feeling sick. You wished you hadn't sent a letter to General Dunstead. It was the biggest regret you felt in the pit of your stomach. "Everything alright, Daughter?"

"Yes, Mother. I shall go to my room now. Excuse me." you rushed past her and to your room. Just wait till dusk, just wait till dusk to run to Anna to find out if Simcoe would still be at Strong Manor or the Tavern with her in one of the rooms. The letter General Dunstead sent to you sat on your writing desk still unopened. You didn't even want to acknowledge its presence, nor to look at it. 

Dusk began to come, you snuck down the stairs and rushed to Strong tavern. You had brought ingredients for [tomato or chicken[any]] soup and the flower you gave him. You knocked on the tavern door, Anna was cleaning and rushed. "Anna. Is Simcoe here or back at the Manor?"

"No, he is here. Why?"

"I want to make him soup. If that is alright? I promise I will was every dish I make."

"It is fine. Come in." Anna locked the door behind you and you removed your coat. You began to cook away and soon began your way up the stairs and to Simcoe's room. You knocked on the door. "Enter." His voice called. You entered to see he was still in uniform. "Do you not want to..." you couldn't just ask him to undress to be more comfortable. He was just being a gentlemen. "I have soup." you set the soup down on a nightstand next to his bed. "Anything else, Captain?"

"No." you smiled awkwardly and turned, facing the door to leave. "Wait. Please call me John. If not by my first, then my last. I like when you say my name, Miss [y/n]."

"Only if you stop calling me Miss [y/n], say just [y/n] when it is just us." you walked to him, you pulled the flower out of your hair. "The flower I gave you. When I thought you had gone, I..." you didn't want to tell him you just entered his private quarters, his room. "Here." He took it in hand, his fingers grazing on yours. You lightly bit your lip and looked away. "Enjoy the soup, Simcoe." You quickly rushed to the door, but before you left you had to say something. "I will be back with seconds, and to check on your injuries. I will knock." you then left and closed the door behind you and rushed down the stairs. 

You stirred the soup, counting time. How long was long enough? Fifteen minutes? That's good right? Once fifteen minutes ended you quickly poured another bowl of soup and rushed up the stairs. Anna said medical stuff would be by his door, she put it there shortly before she retired to bed. You knocked on the door, you entered once given a clear. He was in just his shirt and pants. "The soup is amazing, best I have had. I am quite glad you have brought me seconds."

"Good." you set the soup on the same nightstand and looked at his face as he sat down on the bed. "May I?" you say gesturing to his face. "You may." you look and asses the extent of the injuries. You do what you have to do and the whole time you couldn't stop that feeling building in you. You really did like this man. Then you noticed he looked up at you the entire time, he couldn't stop looking at your face. His blue eyes mesmerized, almost enchanted by you just being here.

"All done."

"Good, it is getting late [y/n]. You should return home. I can escort you. If you let me?"

"I think I will let you." He rose from the bed and grabbed his red coat. You went down to the stairs and stopped at the bottom. "One moment, I need to wash the dishes."

"No, it is far too late. I will take care of it."

"But-"

"No buts, [y/n]." He said as he placed your coat on you. You began the walk home. "Simcoe. I have to tell you something. It is eating me alive."

"Anything."

"My parents have arranged for me to marry. Someone... else. General Arthur Dunstead." you hated saying it, but Simcoe had to know. His face changed. Then changed again. "Old traditions..." he sounded upset. "Please, tell me you do not plan to actually marry that man?" A spark glowed in your chest. "'that man'? Have you met him?"

"I have. When I went to talk to Major Andre regarding my capture, General Dunstead came into the room. He is clearly arrogant and has a missive ego. I do not think he is kind, or worthy of someone like you. You have a bright mind Mis-[y/n]." You both stopped walking, he looked down at you, you wondered if he was looking at your lips? You were looking up at him, a hopeful smile on your face, his blue eyes, enchanting you and your heart. You quickly lost your smile and looked down, realizing the gravity of the situation. "What do I do?"

"Do what feels right to you." Simcoe held out his hand for you to take. You held hands for ten steps before reaching the door of your home "Goodnight, [y/n]." You slowly let go of his hand, not wanting too loose the warm of his touch, and how you felt safe. "Goodnight. John." He bowed and left. You watched him walk away as you slowly closed the door. "What am I doing?" You cleaned your hand into a fist, upset that this was what life had given you. A wonderful man just walked you home, but the family he walked you too were going to burn the house down with you inside, no water on the outside. Trapped. Unfair.

You sat on your bed, but could not sleep. You still left the warmth of his hand, the care within his touch. Then fear as you looked to the letter that sat ominously on the writing desk. You got up and walked to it. Looked at it, but did not open it. Once the old grandfather clock in the hall stuck midnight you realized you had to open it, if not to get some sleep but to finally burn it. 

What you read, hurt. He would be coming to visit, at the moment he had the chance...but would right a letter three days prior to his arrival. The following month was horrible. Your mother once again locked you at home to prevent you from leaving. Mary could bring news of what what going on while Anna talk to you as a friend and smuggled letters between you and Simcoe. Simcoe was stressed about it. Especially when he found out from your mother that General Dunstead would be arriving in three days. Then the rebels came. Simcoe snapped. Between being tortured and then all this. You began to see maybe he was a bit scary like the town said but he was going threw things. You knew more once he told you about his father. Major Hewlett sent him away to New York. Now you couldn't send letters to him nor him to you. Making the new month the worst one yet. Thankfully because Simcoe was sent to New York, General Dunstead had to remain their to observe Simcoe's behavior and monitor others. Simcoe bought you time. 

Some months passed. You so hoped that Dunstead would stay but soon he sent another letter, he would be coming in three days. You cried for a whole day. You held out hope that Simcoe would come back, somehow. He had too.

Three days later.

You stood in the corner of the room wanting to fade into the background, that people wouldn't notice you. You see the front door open and its another family member. Hope had rose in your chest that it would be Simcoe, and sink when he wasn't. "He's not coming..." you whispered to yourself, disappointed and sad. The door opened once more. You could see of the corner of your eye it was a man in green, a queens ranger most likely. "I am Captain John Graves Simcoe, I was sent to speak on behalf of Major Andre who could unfortunately not attend your party, however, he said I can take his seat." Your ears perked when you heard his voice, you faced him once he said his name. He left no room for your father or mother to respond, he just said "Excuse me." and began charging his way towards you. "Miss [y/n], it is a pleasure to see you again."

"The pleasure is all mine." you smile wide, a glow grew across your face. He held out his arm for you, he escorted you to the floor. "No. No. No!" your father yelled across the room. "Tell your Major we accept his apology for not attending our party however, you cannot be here, Sir. You are temping our daughter and she is to be wed to-"

"To a man she does not love? Will she be happy with him?" Your father was about to respond but Simcoe continued. "The answer is she will not be happy. Any good parent wants the best for their children, yes, but at what cost? And to who's expense? Happiness is hard to determine when not felt by the very person who is feeling it. She should choose her happiness. As a gentlemen, I shall leave your home. To add, she should not be punished for my showing up. Good day." He said it so calmly and proudly. Confidence. He meant every word, and it was clear. Simcoe removed his hand from yours but you tried to still hold it. So close. Simcoe bowed to you then walked out the door. Everyone in the room was left speechless, including you. You did not think, your legs began moving as you sped walked to and out the door pushing past your mother who tried to stop you.

"Captain!? Captain! Simcoe! John!" Simcoe stopped and turned around. "I must leave, as per the request of your father."

"What about my request? If I request you stay? Will you stay?" A strong wind began to come through, the clouds more and more gray by the minute. "I have duties aswell. I also must gain the respect of your father, he is of high rank, I can loose everything."

"If you walk away you will loose everything. Regardless." Simcoe looked at you confused. "You will loose me forever. I will have to marry General Dunstead. I will be lost." Rain began to fall from the sky. Wetting your hair and cloths. "I will just a page in your book then?" Simcoe said both with honesty, sadness, and calmness, there was heartache and pain in those blue eyes of his.  "I don't want you to just be a page in my book. I want you to be the whole book, the book of my life, that is my life! I don't want a single page to not have your name in it...please... stay." you begged. Heart breaking. Aching. A ball in your throat, jaw heavy and sour. "Every page...please." Simcoe walked to you and placed his hand on your cheek, "I want you to be in every page too." Simcoe began to rub your shoulders to make you warm. "I do have to return. Can you push the wedding back as much as you can till I can return for you?"

"Of course. I will push it as far as I can. I will write to you. You will right to me."

"I will, everyday."

"Enough to fill a book?" you tease. "Enough to fill a million books." He kisses your forehead. "Get inside, be warm. I would hate for you to catch a cold on my part."

"I will." You began to return to the house and he began to walk away. "Simcoe." You turn and say, he turns to face you. "Come back for me." He smiles, and you both turn your respective directions, walking apart. Back to back. You walk inside. Your family all look at you. "He is leaving indefinitely. Our friendship is over, it was only ever friendship, he just cared for me is all. That is why he got so passionate, he asks for forgiveness."

"We accept child." Your grandmother said smiling. "What a man though, so tall. And not to mention a Captain." she added. "But he wasn't a Kingsman, he was in green, a ranger." your cousin scoffed. "To bad he was just a friend and then ended such a friendship." Your grandmother continued.

"It is for the best, right daughter?" your father grumbled. "Yes." was all you could say. Your mother walked next to you and angerly whispered into your ear, squashing your arm in her fist saying, "You are so lucky it was just our family here and no one else. You shame us. Now change into something dry and for Lords sake fix your hair." You ripped yourself from your mothers grasp and rushed up stairs. 

You grabbed a fancy dress that you knew your mother would like. She got it for you years ago, you never wore it. Suppose now was the time. You fixed your hair, made it neat and pretty, put a small flower in it. Simcoe liked when you had something in your hair. "He will come back for me. I know it!" You said, cheering yourself up. You left your room and began to descend down the stairs. All the officers had arrived, including your husband to be, General Arthur Dunstead. 

All of the men jaws dropped, you could have sworn some were drooling. Your mother and father smiled, your brother was as always unamused and not paying attention. He was looking outside. The final guest came in, Major Hewlett and the Magistrate Richard Woodhull, his son came along too. General Dunstead walked up to you and took you by the hand and escorted you to the table. You sat across from him. Abe sat next to you, you were so thankful. He was your only other friend besides Anna and Mary. 

"You alright? You look... pale?" Abe whispered to you as you placed a napkin on your lap. "Just sleepy is all. Thank you for asking, Abe." you whisper back. Your father had been training the men for six months now, you had two months left in Setauket so the wedding had to be before you leave. You were going to push the wedding to the very last day you would ever stand in Setauket.

"I have to say, you are as beautiful as your mother described. Your words touched my heart." General Arthur said, his grummy eyes looking at you like he was a starving dog and you a chunk of meat.  "Good. I am glad to hear." you remembered Simcoe said he had an ego, if you played into it, maybe you could control him. "You look just as strong and brave, even bold as my father once described to me, if not better."

He chuckled. "I do look better than what any word can describe. I can say the same for you, My Dear." Your stomach dropped, he already had a pet name for you. This was going to be rough. Over some days he would try to get you alone. You always managed to be in a room with a family member or Anna would stop by. Every night you would read Simcoe's letters. Each one more meaningful than the last. Each one had a stroke of love and life to it that made you bright and cling to the day he would come for you. You often wanted to just run to him, Anna and Abe said that if there was one thing they knew about Simcoe, he was a crazy man who would reach no end to make word on his promises. That he would come back. You wrote to him that you had a month left now, that the wedding would be on the last day you were to be in Setauket. If he did not come, you would marry Arthur and leave with him to England. 

You waited for that letter to come back with his response. A plan. After a week you got a letter, due to a mission and other tasks he would rescue you the day of the wedding and needed you to drag out the wedding as long as possible. You sent a letter back agreeing. His schedule was so tight since Former Queens Ranger leader Robert Rogers became a problem. And since your father made a soldier border around Setauket making it impossible or too difficult for Simcoe's men to go threw, they were heavily out numbered. Simcoe said he would still drop by to observe. Maybe an opportunity would arise, but if he waited and played the cards right, almost all the men would be at the wedding. Making it easy to just rush in and get you. He made things more difficult. You looked outside to see Anna approaching the home as your father and fiancé leave to go train the men for the morning. You were glad that father was barely home on account of training the men. Your brother was in his own world, other family couldn't care, your only problem was your mother. 

You ran down the stairs. "Anna, good to see you." You then saw your mother standing behind Anna with the smug smile she had when she was thinking and planning, that scared you. "Good to see you too, [y/n]. I have matters to discuss about my Husband, may we talk in your room in private?"

"Of course." You and Anna rushed up the stairs, knowing your mother was thinking, you closed the door behind you. Locking it. Anna handed you the letter. You both froze hearing the door unlock. Your mother slammed open your door and saw the letter, before you could hide it she snatched it from your hand. "How interesting." she walked around the room with the letter between her pointer and middle finger. "I think, Mrs. Strong, has been naughty. Just like you daughter." you gulped, scared. "I am not cruel. Mrs. Strong, leave, and never come back. I will forget and forgive." You gave Anna a look to let her know she should leave and thus had the okay to leave. "As for you." your mother burned the letter with a hall candle. "Mother!"

"No [Y/N]! You have learned nothing. You will remain in your room. That is final." she left and locked the door. You had to think. You walked around your room for hours, holding your head tight. Should you run? Wait? The door opened and it was your grandmother. "How is everything? My daughter giving you a hard time?"

"Grandma."

"I see a sadness in your eyes I have once seen in my own."

"Truly?"

"And most honestly. That tall Captain, the ranger. You love him?"

"Yes." you began to cry. Your Grandmother cupped your face. "Do not cry child. My daughter didn't follow the passions of her heart, nor your father and have thus paid the price. As have I. I do not wish that for you. Give me a letter to give to the mail courier or that friend of yours to pass on to him. You are not married yet." she chuckled. 

"Thank you." you hugged her and rushed to the desk to write. In the letter you said that you dried the flower so he could have it between this letter and close to his chest, to his heart. To think of this flower as a promise, that when you reunite, the flower will act as a ring, and then and there you will declare yourselves married. Just as quakers would. Your grandmother told you that quakers could say they were married and just like that they were. You loved that. 

She left the room, both of you smiling. She closed and locked the door to make sure your mother wouldn't catch on. 

As the days moved, the weddings reality sank in. Your mother picked everything. The dress, the flowers, everything. You didn't say a single word for days. Finally, the wedding day came. "I'm waiting, John." you said to yourself in the mirror smiling, you knew he was coming, his plan would work. It was, because every soldier would be at the wedding except four.

"Lets go." your father said, taking you from your room and walking you to the hill atop Setauket, the wedding before the church in the clear sky. As you slowly approached you panicked. Did you get dressed and ready slow enough to give Simcoe time? You were sure. You requested Reverend Tallmadge give a long sermon for the vows. 

Fear sank in. The final vows were here. "Do you Arthur-" it trailed off, your mind began to pulsate from the stress. "I will." he said. "And do you [y/f/n], take...." You looked to the bottom of the hill, to the dock, the woods. Nothing. "I...I..." then, you heard horses, then you saw them, a flock of men in green. "I won't." You ripped your hands from his grasp and ran down the hill. Simcoe rode to you and reached his hand down you caught his arm, he swung you round and onto the back of the horse behind him. You waved goodbye to all on the hill. You could hear your mother and father yelling. Gaps. And your grandmother laughing. You rode off as far as the horses could go. Stopping somewhere in the woods of Massachusetts. The whole way your arms were around his waist. Holding onto him, never wanting to let go. 

"You can let go. I'm not going anywhere." You let go, he jumps off the horse and rases his hand to you to help you down. "I knew when you didn't respond- well, react to my last letter the way I wanted, I knew something went wrong. So waiting to the wedding day as previously planned was best."

"I knew... My mother burned the letter. What did it say?"

"That I was right outside Setauket, if you had the shot to run, that you should take it. Since you didn't, I knew." Once down and off the horse his men dispersed, Simcoe pulled out the letter you gave him with the dried flower you gave him inside, pulling it out and handing it to you. "Put it in the next page of your book." you did, and closed the book. "Will you, [y/n], take my hand in-"

"Yes!" you yell and jump to him kissing his lips passionately. Longingly. The kiss both felt longer than time and shorter than a second. A powerful kiss. "We are married." you said out of breath. "To a new chapter." he said raising a you up and holding you close to him, looking up at your face, and you down to his. Meeting his bright blue eyes.

"To a new chapter."

----------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed Folks :]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 269 45
.art cred is by ziksua because the link isn't working 🐁 . Angst . Fluff . Smut .anything really . Jeffmads . All ships . kinda scared it'll be tak...
548K 8K 68
Hamilton x reader one shots! Requests are closed. And will possibly be under editing soon
79 5 11
Stories of Lams and Mullette that I can think of 🤪
166K 2.5K 50
Welcome to my oneshot book :3