The Fool

By spiralings

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" *** ExTr... More

Introduction & Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

1K 36 7
By spiralings

Synn was amazed at the huge house that stood before him. He had never been in this neighbourhood before. The daunting iron gates provided more security that anything in his life ever could. He was in slight disbelief that he was doing the dirty work for a guy with this much money. If he wanted to, he was sure he could pay off whatever sentence he'd get. Instead, Synn needed the money, as did Bruise, which is why they were doing this on the down low in the business.

"He said he would leave the bottom left window around the left side open. We'll get in first and see where we can go from there" Bruises voice cut Synn out of his trance. Synn shook his head and looked towards Bruise. They already had a plan in mind but were prepared for the unexpected. They don't usually do this in a crowded area so they had to take extra precautions. He nodded his head at Bruise and they began to climb the gate.

The two had made it safely inside the house, into what seemed to be a laundry room. They could hear the dampened music and chatter from outside the door and knew that the gala was in full swing.

"As we've seen from the outside, this house is huge. We're gonna need to split up if we dont wanna be here the whole night. I'll take bottom floor, you take top. Who ever finds the library, get the money and we meet back outside the gates at midnight, dead or not, got it?" Bruise was slightly nervous about this one. He had done this a million times before, yet found this situation very unnerving. Synn nodded his head at Bruise giving him the confirmation he needed to head on out and split up.

Synn wandered down the hall until he came to a small set of stairs. He knew it couldn't have been the main staircase as it was too hidden and small, instead probably one for the hundreds of butlers and maids these people probably have. He slowly ascended them until he entered another small room with cleaning supplies. There was another door opposite him, and so carefully and quietly, he opened the door to see a long empty hallway, a matte black on the walls, matching the streaks that merged with the marble on the floor. Gold decor lined the walls and  such along the corridor, its accent making it all the more lush.

"Fucking hell" Synn muttered, never having been in such luxury. He slowly made his way down the hall, noting the barely audible music and chatter from up here now. He tugged his hood down further, even though he had a full skii mask on. He looked down at the endless amount of doors and new this was gonna take a while.

~*~

Downstairs the room was buzzing, not with joy however. The guests were undoubtedly nervous about being in the home of the King family. They had been under the radar for years ever since the don was killed and now all of a sudden the were getting an invite to a welcome party. It all seemed to suspicious to them. However, that didn't stop any of them to suck up to any of the brothers. Don's were pushing their daughter in the way of the brothers, hoping one would catch their eye. Members were forcefully laughing with them. And most of all, men were lining up to ask Aurora King for a dance.

The mafia princess was a sight for sore eyes. She was simply breathtaking. For many, it was their first time to lay eyes on her as she had evidently be kept hidden. All they had heard of was her ethereal beauty and enchanting eyes. The angel herself was currently sitting with Levi, as he spoke with the don of the Crudes gang. She was incredibly bored. Levi looked down at his Rolex and excused himself from the don and stood up un front of Aurora. He turned around and waved someone over subtly. Aurora took this as he chance to turn around and stuffy her mouth with one of the chocolate covered strawberries sitting on a stand on the table. Meanwhile, Alaric made his way over to Levi for his turn to watch her at his call.

"I need to go. Noah Knight told me he had something important to discuss with me and told me to meet him in the library. Watch her like a hawk, and I don't care if she stabs you in the meantime, dont take your eyes off her" Levi explained with a threatening tone to his voice. Alaric ears perked up at the mention of Noah Knight.

"Right, I was just talking to Noah earlier and he asked me if I could let you know to meet him outside by the pool" Alaric responded swiftly. Levi furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Alaric.

"Really? Fuck sake, this prick will be lucky if I don't kill him. The sooner we find this killer the better" Levi grunted distastefully. He despised the prick. Alaric nodded his head in agreement. Levi patted Alaric on the shoulder, adjusted his suit and made his way outside. Alaric looked at Aurora to see her preoccupied. Quickly he turned and  sent a message to the number the two guys gave him, briefly letting them know Noah was in the library. He sent the message and smiled subtly to himself, pleased that this was going according to plan. When he turned back around however, his little sister was nowhere in sight.

Now, he was panicking.

~*~

Synn looked down at the phone Bruise had let him borrow, he squinted his eyes at the message, all the more determined to kill this son of a bitch. He had just found the library and was standing in behind one of the high shelves in the room. He was looked down at the money in his hand, then to the big grand fathers clock in the corner if the room. It was almost twelve. He pondered over Bruises words, wondering if he should just leave now, but his thirst for blood was too strong at this stage. He didn't have much time to think about it before he heard the door open. He stood back against the shelf and looked through the gaps between the books. He slipped his phone out of his pocket and instead, swapped it for his clean shiny blade.

Noah Knight shut the door behind him hastily. He was a nervous wreck, the black card in his pocket was a taunting remind him of his fate to come. It was unlikely it would happen tonight though. Nobody would make it past those iron gates and into this house uninvited, him and his father knew that.

He wiped his sweaty palms on his trousers. He couldn't let his nerves come through to Levi King, it would make him look weak. He couldn't afford that.

What Noah didn't know was that Levi already seen him as weak. Noah presumed that Aurora didn't tell any of her brothers, knowing if she did he wouldn't be alive right now, never mind invited into their home. In actuality, the did know, and were already planning his death.

Noah began looking around, amazed at the height of the shelves in the place. Synn studied his every move, waiting for the right time to strike. Noah got closer and closer to the shelf that Synn stood behind. With each step, Synn gripped the base of the knife tighter and tighter. The only light in the whole room came from the warm fire blazing to the side, making it easier for Synn to hide his appearance. Noah moved towards the end of the shelf, opening a book and flicking through it. Before he could even turn to the second page however, and arm wrapped around his neck, another hand pushing his head down.

Fear wasn't enough to describe what Noah felt in that moment. He didn't have to look to know that there was a man in a black hood standing behind him. Synn wrapped a cloth around his hand and in his mouth before he slide the blade across the top of his torso, letting his agonizing body fall the the ground. Synn kneeled down beside his body, looking down into his eyes that pleaded for mercy. Synn stared back, blank. He was so used to this by now, trained to be void of emotion that he couldn't even feel slightly sorry for him.

He couldn't however, dismiss one specific memory. He looked into Noah's eyes before, with a familiar pleading look as a knife was sliced from the end of his lips up. He could hear that taunting voice, telling him to smile, while Noah watched like it was nothing.

Swiftly, Synn slashed his arms and torso some more. By now Noah was barely alive. His eyes were lullibg to the back if his head so Synn took the time to inspect his hands. He picked up his right hand and stared a the expensive gold rings sitting on his fingers. Too nice for a cruel man. So he chopped his middle find off, slipping the ring onto his own finger and staring at it mockingly while Noah choked on his own scream. Synn froze however when he head the big heavy doors to the room open. He stood up and looked down at Noah to see him desperation trying to make some sort of noise but to no avail. Synn still quickly hit the pressure point on his neck and watched ah his heavy eyes closed.

He leaned against the bookshelf and watched to see who would enter hoping it was just Bruise or Alaric. Even he could admit he was slightly panicking. Never had he been put in this situation before. Who knows, it may not be just Noah who will be dying tonight.

He was confused, however, to see a girl enter. Her lock sandy locks cascaded down her back in perfect classy waves, exposed due to the figure hugging black gown she had on. Her back was still turned to Synn as he watched her every movement while she shut the door. With her black gloved hands, she ran her fingers through her hair in exhaustion. She turned to the side but as she did so, her hair fell over her face and she still remained a mystery to an curious Synn.

She walked towards one of the big comfy chairs facing the fire and sat down with her legs hung over the side of it, facing Synn. She was looking down at her dress, adjusting it as she grew uncomfortable in the position she was in. Suddenly, a groan vibrates through the room, it being louder than it should have been due to the fact that the only nice in the room was the crackling of the fire. Her head snapped up in Synns direction and he was so caught of guard by those familiar eyes that he couldn't even move.

His body stilled as the girl that drove him insane stared in his direction, mesmerising mixed eyes scanning the tall bookshelf that separated them both. He didn't know what to think. Here he was in her home, about to murder someone a couple metres away from her. What if she seen it? Would it traumatise her? But why was she here?

Another groan reverberated throughout the room and he was suddenly snapped out of it. He looked down to see Noah beginning to stir. Quickly, he bent down and stuffed a piece of his ripped t-shirt into his mouth, just as he head shuffling. He looked back through the books and country faintly see Aurora standing up and slowly coming towards him.

He instantly began to panic, feeling his heart beat rise. He silently cursed himself for reacting this way in the worse of time. With each step he heard, his puse spead. Until he heard the door open. The footstep stopped for a moment, until he heard a series of footsteps enter the room.

"Fuck"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 68 22
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. [18+]~ _________________________________________ "Aaaaah-mph...
27.5K 663 35
"Kiss me." He picks me up and kisses me again. His hands on my waist, my hands in his hair and my lips all over him. I think I don't have a crush any...
5.5K 148 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
23.6K 566 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...