Why Me, Not Her? || Reader In...

By Midnight_Melody906

[SLOW UPDATES AND UNDERGOING EDITING] [ON HAITUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE.] Getting reborn as a knight of a game... More

Prologue | 0
One | 1
Two | 2
Three | 3
Four | 4
Five | 5
Six | 6
Modern | Special
A Question For You Readers!
Results!
> Chapter 7 <
> Chapter 8 <
> Chapter 9 <
> Chapter 10 <
> Chapter 11 <
> Chapter 12 <
> Chapter 13 <
Character list
Character list pt.2
Fanart β™‘
> Chapter 15 <
> Chapter 16 <
A/n
Fanart #2 β™‘
Crush Killer | A Special
Seven-teen | 17
Eighteen | 18

> Chapter 14 <

5.6K 330 424
By Midnight_Melody906

We will not talk about the last chapter-

Anyway, I have added something VERY IMPORTANT THING added something to the last chapter which is VERY important to the ending so y'all might wanna re-read 🤭

And before you ask, she forgot to add it cause she's a dumbass who can't remember shit 

( ˘︹˘ )

I'll let you get away with insulting me this time since it's true 🙄

Damn, who's possessing you? Are you even the same person?! 🤨

Bro, stfu before I beat yo non-existing ass

Nvm, your sadly the same person

Excuse me-?

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

"Draft" - Talking

Draft - System talking

Draft - Thoughts

(Draft) - Me talking

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used in this story unless stated otherwise, I only own the cover, plot, and my original characters

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

~ Your POV ~

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

A grunt left you as you tightened the corset around your chest. It didn't hurt like you thought it would have, it just nicely snuggled your chest and waist, like you were being tightly hugged. It was rather nice actually.

Pulling the [Color] jacket on top, you adjusted some things because you actually kinda cared about your appearance for once before putting your sword into your inventory and slipping in some weapons. You weren't allowed to bring your sword or have any visible weapons so your only option was the hide as many weapons as you could.

Running your tongue over the thin piece of metal behind your teeth just in case if you needed to break in or out of a locked room (You could never be too cautious is what you told yourself), you walked towards the vanity to fix up your hair.

You pulled it behind you into a low ponytail being held together with a [Color] ribbon to give you a look of elegance. 

Gawd dayum, I be looking hot as ever, Because we all love a self-confident (And not confident too of course <3) queen!

After you finished admiring yourself, you fixed up your bow before leaving towards Ovia's door, just in time too because she too had just left her room.

She was wearing a fluffy blue dress that had multiple gems, pearls, lace and all sorts of other stuff stitched on. While the dress did not demand attention since this was party was not hers, it certainly attracted attention. (In case you didn't know, your outfit is up to your imagination, so go crazy!)

(Ovia's outfit except bluer and lots of gems and stuff)

"You look wonderful Ovia", You said, bowing to greet her before straightening up with a polite smile.

"Thank you [Y/n], you look charming yourself"

You smiled before walking behind her, the two of you making your way towards the front doors in complete silence.

Soon, the two of you reached the main front doors and you opened it to allow Ovia through before following yourself.

There was three carriages parked at the front, both having the Royal symbol stamped on both sides of the doors but it was obvious which ones the King and Queen would be riding. It was the most elaborate one having many expensive jewels decorating it.

The second one you assumed was for the prince and the third was for you and Ovia.

 You made your way to the last carriage before opening the door and helping Ovia on before getting in yourself. From the window, you could see the Royal family and despite already knowing what they would be wearing, it still took your breath away. Experiencing it in real life was so much better than seeing it on a screen.

The queens outfit was obviously made from the Triangle Kingdom with the patterns on it (Only they could produce such patterns. It was due to them being close to the snake people who gave them their skin they shed. The more beautiful the pattern, the more it cost)  and had the Circle Kingdom's (Your kingdom) magical gems, the way it shined could not be mistaken for any other Kingdom's gems. 

Ovia's dress may have also had similar jewels but the cloth used to make her dress wasn't from the Triangle Kingdom which was understandable since it was very expensive, even for Nobles and Royals.

(The queens outfit, except shiny and sparkly cause yes)

The Kings outfit was similar to the Queens matching her as was Leondro's but his had a different color scheme that matched his personality, dark and basically screamed evil but unfortunately people were too dumb to realize that.

The King and Queen entered the first carriage and Leondro entered the second, after staring at the two of you for a second and you mentally patted your back for guessing correctly. You were so smart.

The carriages started moving and you snuck a glance at Ovia who was admiring the outfit she was wearing and you didn't blame her, if you were wearing such a dress you too would be doing the same. But the outfit you were wearing was beautiful in it's own way so you weren't complaining.

"[Y/n]"

With a tilt of your head you looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Yes Ovia?"

"Do you personally know the, what was it again... Oh! Yes, the Grand Duke's family? I think you went to go see them some time ago...", She trailed off with a finger tapping her cheek in thought.

"Yes, I do personally know them. Is there a reason you wanted to know that?"

She hummed before giving you a smile, "I just wanted to know how they are so I don't accidently make them dislike me", She finished the sentence off with a sheepish grin as you thought about how to describe them all in the quickest and simplest way.

"You don't have to worry, most of them are polite and won't hate you", Instead of saying 'dislike' like Ovia had, you used the word hate instead because while most of them wouldn't hate her they would however probably dislike her. 

At least for now, it did take them quite a bit for them to warm up to her in the game but they did have a somewhat positive first impression of her.

Sighing in relief, Ovia placed a hand on her chest in a relived way. 

"That's reassuring to hear. Anyway [Y/n], I'm really excited! I know I've already told you but I just can't wait!"

A small smile rested itself upon your lips as you watched and listened to her babble away but it soon left you and a mildly confused look entered your face when Ovia saw your expression. It turned from bubbly and happy before turning uneasy.

"Ovia? Are you alright?"

You straightened up and placed your hands on your knees as you integrated her trying to look for signs to understand what was wrong. 

"It's nothing! I just remembered something... unpleasant", With a grim look on her face, she hugged herself and looked out the window, all signs of her being happy completely gone.

Narrowing your eyes, you looked at her with an unexpressive face before looking out the window in time to see a black cape before it disappeared. 

Did they really think they could go undetected by me?

With a mental scoff, you nearly rolled your eyes at the assassin who had been following the carriage before they turned around and left. Your detection skills were much too high for them to go unnoticed even with them hiding their presence.

~~~

You had all gotten off the carriages as the King and Queen entered first, Leondro after before you and Ovia finally entered the estate before being escorted to the ball room. In the same order, you guys entered.

Everyone in the room had paused whatever they were doing to bow or curtsey before standing up again at the sight of the Royal's. Curious gazes were on Ovia who had not noticed them as they started to gossip about her. They could've at least  tried to be more subtle about it but at least some people did.

The lights had slightly dimmed and all the chatter quieted down as they looked up at the large staircase. 

"Introducing His Grace the Grand Duke, Shaun Ásvaldr Raymond", The Grand Duke himself entered through the double doors with a confident smirk on his face but his eyes did not match his face. They were cold. Just like his children's.

(Is this baizhu? Yes it is cause he looks the closest to what I visualise Shaun to look like <3l

You swooned at the attractive male (Mentally), before snapping out of it. This man had four wives and nine children already- Not to mention he could literally be your father-

"The First Grand Duchess, Hadiya September Raymond", She was Athen's mother and the only one who had only gave birth to one child that being Athen. 

Due to unknown reasons (Well, you knew why at least) she hid her eyes through her bangs. It was one of the most discussed topic's in this Kingdom.

Actually forget the Grand Duke, I want his wife-

She had entered the room at the same time with the Grand Duke, clutching his arm with a smirk on her face as well. It was obvious she was the most favored one.

"The Second Grand Duchess, Verona Henia Raymond. The Third Grand Duchess, Khadia Amalia Raymond. And the Fourth Grand Duchess, Samantha Rafaela Raymond"

The rest of his wives entered together with neither of them smiling, just entering with similar slightly bored expressions. 

I wish I could pull woman like that in my past life, You thought with a small pout nobody noticed. The Grand Duke was so lucky.

(Second wife)

(Third wife)

(Fourth wife)

The second wife was the one who gave birth to the triplets, Lucia, Luciano and Lucas as well as Fynn. The third wife was the one who gave birth to Ernest and Roman and the fourth one gave birth to Uriel and Elijah.

So far none of them have given birth to a single female yet nor will they ever, so while Athen was the one going to be inheriting everything, the rest of his siblings (Except the younger ones such as Uriel, Elijah and Fynn) still had a chance before the current Grand Duke retired. Which he will in a few months. (Well, they won't be taking over instead they would all start very successful business's of their own)

Soon after the guy introducing the adults (Apart from Athen and the triplets), he introduced the older children since the younger ones entered with their mother due to them being only six, seven and nine years old.

Honestly you felt pretty bad for the guy, he had to say so many names since they all had one or two middle names each for who knows how many times. If you were him, you probably would've quit by now.

The lights turned back to normal as everyone started crowding Athen, wishing him a happy birthday even though they didn't really mean it, it was just to stay on his good side for when he does take over.

While you waited for the people to lessen around him so you yourself could wish him a happy birthday or if he came to you, you stayed close to Ovia who was chatting with some females around her age. The jealous looks they were giving her was painfully obvious but they didn't really mean any harm. It was kinda like the look you would give your friends when they had something really tasty for lunch and you didn't. 

You yourself had people talking with you so you were busy yourself but you had to stay close to Ovia to watch her. You didn't really want to be executed by the King for not watching over her.

"Your [Y/n] Porter right?"

Taking your eyes off of Ovia for a bit to look at the ginger in front of you, you gave her a small smile while placing your hand on your heart with a small bow.

"That is me, Lady?"

"Lorinda Palmira", She smiled at you as the other ladies around you grumbled at your attention being on her. "Call me Lorinda though"

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Lorinda", You took her hand she had reached out to you before lightly grazing your lips on her hand.

She blushed and covered her face with her fan before she had excused yourself. Normally, you would've been simping like crazy for this very attractive female but due to you being surrounded by so many hot people, you've somewhat got used to it. Well as much as you could at least.

"Ovia, you look a bit tired. Shall I get you some refreshments?"

She sheepishly blushed causing everyone close to also blush, "If you don't mind [Y/n]"

You paused a butler before taking off two drinks from the tray with a thank you.

"Here you are Ovia"

You handed her a glass cup with some tea and kept the one with wine for yourself. Ovia couldn't handle alcohol that great but since you had a very high poison resistance (Alcohol was considered a poison for some reason, but you weren't complaining. You'd rather not get drunk) you could drink without worry. Besides, the taste was nice.

Well, it would've been nice if this poor excuse of a human being would stop staring at Ovia and you! His stare was honestly repulsing and you wanted to stab his eyeballs with your sword.

Ugh, when is it gonna happen already?

You were waiting for the moment Leondro would ask Ovia to dance! It was so nice to see on your screen and you wanted to see it in real life already!

Finally

With a small sigh as you finished the last sip of your drink, you handed the empty cup to a maid before watching as Leondro reached out a hand to Ovia who accepted it. A miniscule smile was on your lips as you watched him walk her over to the dance floor.

And boi, you were not disappointed. Now you had something entertaining to watch and you could relax a little since she was with the crown prince who knew quite a bit of defense himself.

"[Y/n]"

Looking at Athen who had a look of bliss on his face, you gave him a smile that was rare to see on you (Well, it was his birthday so).

"Happy birthday Athen"

"Thank you [Y/n] and you look amazing", His cheeks flushed as he too smiled at you. The both of you ignored the small gasps of the people around you who started to gossip.

When he bowed a bit and reached his hand out to you, you broke out into a cold sweat as your once genuine smile turned into a panicish one. 

"Will you give me the honor of dancing with me [Y/n]?"

Your face drained it's color as you looked around the room. With a lot of people staring, you really had to choice but to accept unless if you wanted to seem like you were disrespecting him. Besides, that look the king was shooting at you was basically demanding you accept or face the consequences.

"How could I say no to the birthday boy? Of course Athen", You rested your hand on his as he dragged you to the dance floor. You avoided eye contact with everyone in the room but you did however make eye contact with Nathan. 

I mean, it was kinda hard not to though- He literally towered over basically everyone making them look like children but what was that look of utter betrayal?! You didn't do nothin'! Despite that, you couldn't help but feel very sad for the soft boy.

I'm sorry my baby!

With a mental cry, you broke of eye contact and looked forward where the dance floor got nearer and nearer.

~~~ 

It was strange.

Very, very strange.

Now, same sex couples weren't rare especially in the higher ranks since potions that could make people pregnant existed, so it wasn't frowned upon but it was still weird to see the future Grand Duke and just a knight dance together. So the two of you and Ovia and Leondro gained quite a bit of attention. 

Oh who am I kidding? Everyone was basically staring at you guys!

"What's wrong?"

Looking at his pink eyes, you thought of what to say. "Nothing really, just the fact everyone's staring at us?"

He lifted his eyes of your face to look around before looking back at you with an unreadable expression to most but you could easily see right through that.

"Is it bothering you?", He asked with cold eyes that wasn't directed at you.

Sweating, you quickly replied. "No! No, it's fine"

It was silent for a bit as the two of you just danced and listened to the music before Athen spoke up again.

"Father wants me to find a lover"

Blinking in surprise, you nervously swallowed your saliva as his soft pink eyes stared into your own [Eye color] eyes as if he was expecting something.

"Really? Have you found one yet?"

He nodded and seemed a little frustrated so you knew you didn't say what he had wanted you to say. 

But before he could say anything the two of you realized that the song so therefore the dance would (Thankfully) come to an end so he had to say what he wanted to say fast. And the way this conversation was going was seriously making you nervous. He wasn't going to do what you thought he was? Was he?!

"But I need to get His Majesties approval", He shot a glance at Ovia and Leondro before looking at you again.

You blinked.

And once more as you finally registered what he said and did.

OH THANK GOD, I THOUGHT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME

You were so glad that he seemed to be interested in Ovia and not you that words couldn't even express it! I mean- Why else would he look at the two with such determination after saying that? There was no way he was looking at the prince like that, it was common knowledge (well, to anyone whose played the game) the two despised each other.

"Is that so. Well I'm sure he'll approve"

Due to the Raymond's having some Royal blood in them (His great, great, great Grandmother was a princess) they had to get the current ruling Monarch which was the King in this case's permission and approval before proposing to whoever it was. 

"I do hope so"

The dance finally came to an end as Athen got you both a drink. He handed a glass to you, his fingers brushing over yours as you pretended not to notice the way his cheeks gained color or the jealous looks of his half-siblings and the other people. 

Thankfully it seems like Athen's half-siblings had met Ovia so that meant things were going like the original plot was. (Athen had already met Ovia before you started dancing if you wanted to know)

~~~

With her eyes trained on the man who had caught her eye, she hid her face with her fan as she smirked.

Yes, he shall be mine as well~

--------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter and feel free to give your opinion ^^

Word count: 3343

(Wow, is this the first update of the year?)

(I think so, I can't be bothered to try to remember 😩)

(Same 😩)

--------------------------------------------------

I do not support actual yandere behavior, this story is purely for my entertainment and yours as well, should you know someone who shows those types of behavior, do not hesitate to seek help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...