Why Me, Not Her? || Reader In...

By Midnight_Melody906

[SLOW UPDATES AND UNDERGOING EDITING] [ON HAITUS TILL FURTHER NOTICE.] Getting reborn as a knight of a game... More

Prologue | 0
One | 1
Two | 2
Three | 3
Four | 4
Five | 5
Six | 6
Modern | Special
A Question For You Readers!
Results!
> Chapter 7 <
> Chapter 8 <
> Chapter 9 <
> Chapter 10 <
> Chapter 11 <
> Chapter 13 <
> Chapter 14 <
Character list
Character list pt.2
Fanart β™‘
> Chapter 15 <
> Chapter 16 <
A/n
Fanart #2 β™‘
Crush Killer | A Special
Seven-teen | 17
Eighteen | 18

> Chapter 12 <

5K 319 391
By Midnight_Melody906

The last chapter wasn't the greatest, but at least I updated lol

Yep, better than nothing ig

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

"Draft" - Talking

Draft - System talking

Draft - Thoughts

(Draft) - Me talking

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the pictures used in this story unless stated otherwise, I only own the cover, plot, and my original characters

< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

~ Your POV ~

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >

"Who are you and what are you doing?"

You looked at him and readied yourself for your first ever actual meet with the Royal Healer, Clarus Vengum.

(Clarus^)

"I am simply doing my job sir"

To be honest, you didn't really expect for him to sound like this. You thought he'd have one of those crazy, but dreamy voices, but he sounded, well, zooted. It was like he did drugs for a living.

Jesus Christ, I did not expect that

"That's weird, are you sure~ you ain't... Y'know, an assassin sent to kill me or something?"

His nose scrunched up as he squinted his eyes at you, taking in all your details despite your face clearly showing discomfort and not stopping like most people.

"Oh! So you're a knight huh?", he gestured with his eyes at your tattoo before letting his eyes linger at the rest of your body.

"Where's your bulge? Is your meat stack small? Cause it sure seems like it!"

Despite the... inappropriate comment, you didn't turn red like you might have if you didn't practice your poker face and you calmly replied.

"I'm afraid that's not for you to know"

He continued staring there for awhile before finally looking at your face like most people would. Well, Clarus wasn't exactly like most people out there.

"Want me to give you a check up? It'll be free of charge I promise!"

A large smile filled with pointy teeth crossed his face as he looked at you, it almost seemed too big to even be on a half-human. Even though a lot of people did look inhumane to you, but that's probably cause you lived somewhere else where people didn't look like how these people here did.

"I- No thank you sir, I'm fine"

His smile soon turned to him pursing his lips.

"Hmph, I just wanna see a knights body that all", he pouted and crossed his arms over his chest while looking away.

Maybe he is on drugs

You sweatdropped.

Ayo what did he just say 😃

It's not like that, he just, uh...has a hobby of wanting to experiment on people's bodies

That's even worse 💀

Well, this is in the medieval Era and doctors had to experience on an actual body to heal others

I know that! Learned more about it than I wanted to in school

....Is there like a school for Systems or sum

...Sure, whatever you want to think of it like

" - and it's strange cause I just don't understand why His Highness won't let me do anything to the little lady! But I guess not everyone wants someone close to them - or not - to be healed so I didn't say anything"

During your conversation with the System, you completely missed the entire one-sided conversion and seeing how it was going, you were glad you didn't hear how it came to that point.

"Anyway, wanna come in and check out my office? It's way~ better than staying out here"

He saw you hesitate and opened up his mouth again, "It's just a room away from the room the little lady's staying in".

"...Still, I appreciate - "

Not.

" - the offer but I'll stay here"

You gave him a forced closed eye smile and hoped he would go away.

Geez, I don't understand why he was one of the most popular love interests

He nodded and walked away, whistling a tune and from this angle, you could really see his eyebags. They were even worse then the ones you had back at Earth! And that was saying something.

~~~

I'm.... so bored

You basically spent the whole night just staring at the walls and listening to Ovia's faint snoring and the clock. It wasn't very entertaining. 

The sound of heels hitting the floor was heard and you lazily dragged your eyes towards the prince, before slowly bowing due to you being tired, your hand on your heart. Luckily the prince didn't say anything so you were quite relieved about that.

"Your Highness"

"Rise and follow me". You lifted your head and kept your eyes trained to the floor, opening the door to Ovias room before shutting the door behind you.

There you could see Ovia laying on the bed. Her hair was sticking to her forehead and she looked paler than usual, but other than that she looked fine.

It is almost cold season, I should probably stock up on medicine and send them to mom

Taking a mental note, you watched as the prince stared at Ovia with a weird glint in his eyes. It didn't look like the look a lot of fanfics described... he just stared at her with blank fish eyes, no emotion in sight.

"Go make her breakfast for when she wakes up"

"Yes Your Highness"

You turned and left the room and made your way to the kitchen. The familiar chefs and servants merely just bowed and continued what they were doing already used to you being here.

You started to get some ingredients, ignoring the eyes that watched your every move. It was rather strange, but you couldn't find a reason as to why they were staring at you like that. Maybe it was because you were using something they needed? But they should have duplicates or more of the same item.

Maybe I'm overthinking it....

.
.
.
.

No, I'm definitely not overthinking it if I think I am

You tried your best to block their view with your elbows, arms and other body parts.

The frustration was radiating off of them and you let out a small sigh. They were getting on your nerves buttttt you don't think the King would be very happy to see his servants dead so you refrained from doing anything rash.

What great self control you have.

After finishing making a light breakfast, you put a dish topper on top of the meal before cleaning up.

Since they were tying to see what you were doing and seemed to be marking the ingredients you used, they were trying to copy your recipes.

Well, I don't really care to be honest

You shrugged before pouring the hot water into the tea pot and placing it onto the tray.

Carefully lifting it into your hands you walked out of the kitchen and made your way to the royal infirmary. Your chest was tight and felt uneasy, something was wrong. Very wrong.

You slowly came to a stop in front of the door that was hiding the people who was the reason you were feeling like this.

*Knock, Knock, Knock*

"Come in"

It was Ovia.

You entered and gave your greetings. Everything was normal and from what you could see, there was nothing wrong. Maybe it was the fact that Leondro was gone that was making you feel like this, usually he would probably stay with Ovia. However, he was nowhere in sight.

Did something happen?

Seems pretty obvious

I can see that, you thought dryly.

"I've brought you your breakfast Ovia"

"Oh, how thoughtful!"

You shook your head before placing the tray on the nightstand.

A polite, but rather cold smile made its way to your lips as you looked at her, "Actually it was His Highness who asked to get you your breakfast.".

Fear and a bit of concern flashed through her eyes before she coughed in to her fist, "I-Is that so? I'll be sure to thank him later".

She picked at the breakfast and ate only two bites before you poured her some  tea.

*Knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"You may come in"

As soon as Ovia uttered those words, the door opened and a maid walked in.

"Greetings Mr. Porter, Lady Ovia. My apologies for interrupting you, however His and Her Majesty would like to speak to the both of you", Her hands were clasped in front of her with her head down.

"The both of us?"

The maid nodded. "We'll be there soon, after I change into something more appropriate".

"Of course Lady Ovia", she soon left after and Ovia removed the covers and moved it to the side.

You shut your eyes.

"[Y/n]? What are you doing?"

"Ah, it would be inappropriate of me, a mere Knight, to look at you while your exposing so much skin"

Now, you might be wondering, 'Sho, MC already saw Ovia in her pajamas! Why can't she see Ovia now?'. Well my lovely readers, the nursery outfit goes to the knees, so it shows her legs and that's a big, and I mean a BIG NO NO back then and her pajamas was a full body nightgown. 

Anyway, back to the story~

"Oh I didn't know that... Alright then"

You gave a small bow before leaving the room so she could change. Soon after she opened the door dressed in something more appropriate. 

Smiling softly but still giving off an air of coldness, you led her to the throne room where the King and Queen were waiting. 

You knocked and a "Come in" was heard so you opened the door letting Ovia go first before following after her. 

You both stopped in front of the thrones and you bowed while Ovia curtseyed. 

""I greet His and Her Majesty"", The both of you said and kept your heads lowered before turning towards the prince. ""I greet His Highness"".

"You may rise"

The both of you stood up and waited for the King to tell you what he called you guys here for. 

"The Grand Duke's, the Raymond's eldest son's birthday is coming up soon so I need you both to look your best, a tailor well come tomorrow to make your outfits so be prepared"

"Yes and make sure you get a gift as well, you have about two weeks to get a suitable gift ready", The Queen added in.

"Yes Your Majesties", The two of you turned to leave but a voice stopped you. 

"[Y/n], stay here for a moment"

"Of course Your Majesty"

Ovia gave a curious look, but still turned around and left the room leaving you alone with the Royal family. 

"[Y/n], I want you to watch over Ovia and make sure nothing happens to her. Don't ever take your eyes off her unless I say so, we don't want people to assassinate her"

Well, I guess it is going to be one of her first public entrances so people might try to pull something like that

"Yes Your Majesty"

"You may leave now"

You nodded and left the room, making your way to Ovias room to watch over her. 

You knocked before entering the room where Ovia was sitting at the vanity with an excited smile. 

"Oh [Y/n]! Isn't this exciting? My first ever party! Oh I can't wait~"

You stood beside her and watched with sad eyes as she ranted about how she couldn't wait with child like innocence. 

Must be nice huh, to be that innocent 

~~~

"Sir, I'll need you to leave"

The lady pushed you out of Ovia's room with Ovia waving goodbye at you. Another lady who was standing outside dragged you to your own room with out any warning and seemed excited. 

"Please stand here so I can take the measurements" 

You stood on the little stool as the lady and man circled around you. 

"Hmm, yes yes, I know exactly what to make you! Melly, go get the fabrics and bring it to me"

She nodded and pulled out some sample fabrics in different colors. "Good good, now what color would you like?"

"Um, [Color]?"

The man started writing on a notebook before looking up at you, "Anything else?"

"Maybe with some [Other color] ascents?"

The mans eyes sparkled as he grinned, "Have an eye for fashion huh? This will look amazing on you!" 

The brunette snapped his fingers and the lady started to take your measurements as the tailor sat on the couch, sketching something. 

After some time, you were allowed to get off the stool so you sat down on the couch. 

"This was what I was thinking, like it?" 

He showed you to drawing and your eyes widened. 

Wow~ So fancy, it'll look great on you [N/n]-chan ( •̀ .̫ •́ )✧

It is very nice, but is that a corset?

The tailor seemed to guess what you were thinking as he smirked. 

"Now now, males can wear corsets to y'know~"

"I do know that but I was wondering why you added it?"

"Hm~ Let's just say, it's a gut feeling", The lady and the tailor smiled at you as you could feel sweat build up at the back of your neck. 

Uh oh

Uh oh indeed, the simps will go wild now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mentally praying, you gulped as you watched them grin at each other and clean up. 

"Your outfit will be delivered to you in three days time, so please write down anything you'd like to be added here"

Ah man, I was hoping he'd say stuff I wanted to remove too

You took the paper and quill and started to write a few things before handing it back. 

"Yes, these can be easily added, now could you stand back on the stool again? I need to get a rough measurement on your outfit"

You nodded, standing up and waited as he wrapped some fabrics around you, using pins to secure it in place only sometimes stopping to tell the assistant something. 

Now, you just had to worry about the hardest part of all, getting Athen a gift that he'll enjoy and like.

Fuck. You were so royally screwed. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter and feel free to give your opinion ^^

Word count: 2442

(Phew, take this chapter and now you won't see or hear from me again for another, two weeks or something)

(BYE)

(Ignore her, she's just being an idiot :) )

(Wow, I see how it is now)

--------------------------------------------------

I do not support actual yandere behavior, this story is purely for my entertainment and yours as well, should you know someone who shows those types of behavior, do not hesitate to seek help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...