Shadows / Beck Oliver

By Holograms03

"𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓙𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓽, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸." "𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔂�... More

❗Disclaimer❗
✨Shadows✨
P A R T O N E
✧Chapter 1 - Pilot
✧Chapter 2 - The Bird Scene
✧Chapter 3 - Stage Fighting
✧Chapter 4 - Tori the Zombie
✧Chapter 5 - Freak the Freak Out
✧Chapter 6 - Wok Star
✧Chapter 7 - WiFi in the Sky
✧Chapter 8 - Thalia Dumps Beck (Pt. 1)
✧Chapter 9 - Thalia Dumps Beck (Pt. 2)
✧Chapter 10 - Busy Day Out
✧Chapter 11 - Survival of the Hottest
✧Chapter 12 - Beck's Big Break
✧Chapter 13 - Rex Dies
✧Chapter 14 - The Diddly-Bops
✧Chapter 15 - Cat's New Boyfriend
✧Chapter 16 - The Birthweek Song
✧Chapter 17 - Robarazzi
✧Chapter 18 - The Great Ping-Pong Scam
✧Chapter 19 - A Film by Dale Squires
✧Chapter 20 - Sleepover at Sikowitz's
✧Chapter 21 - The Wood
P A R T T W O
✧Chapter 22 - Beggin' On Your Knees
✧Chapter 23 - Beck Falls For Tori
✧Chapter 24 - Ice Cream For Ke$ha
✧Chapter 25 - Tori Gets Stuck
✧Chapter 26 - Prom Wrecker
Quick A/N
✧Chapter 27 - The Opening Night
✧Chapter 28 - Who Did it to Trina?
✧Chapter 29 - Tori Tortures Teacher
✧Chapter 30 - Locked Up! (Pt. 1)
✧Chapter 31 - Locked Up! (Pt. 2)
✧Chapter 32 - Helen Back Again
✧Chapter 33 - The Worst Couple
✧Chapter 34 - Jade Gets Crushed
✧Chapter 35 - The Breakfast Bunch
✧Chapter 36 - A Christmas Tori
P A R T T H R E E
✧Chapter 37 - André's Horrible Girl
✧Chapter 38 - Opposite Date
✧Chapter 39 - The Gorilla Club
✧Chapter 40 - Just a Thing
✧Chapter 41 - Driving Tori Crazy
✧Chapter 42 - How Trina Got In
✧Chapter 44 - April Fools Blank
✧Chapter 45 - Tori Goes Platinum (Pt. 1)
✧Chapter 46 - Tori Goes Platinum (Pt. 2)
✧Chapter 47 - Tori & Jade's Play Date
✧Chapter 48 - Terror on Cupcake Street
✧Chapter 49 - Crazy Ponnie
✧Chapter 50 - The Blonde Squad
P A R T F O U R
✧Chapter 51 - Wanko Warehouse
✧Chapter 52 - The Hambone King
✧Chapter 53 - Cell Block
✧Chapter 54 - The Slap Fight
✧Chapter 55 - iParty with Victorious (Pt. 1)
✧Chapter 56 - iParty with Victorious (Pt. 2)
✧Chapter 57 - Three Girls and a Moose
✧Chapter 58 - Tori Fixes Ana and Jade
✧Chapter 59 - Star-Spangled Tori
✧Chapter 60 - Big Time Tour Bus
✧Chapter 61 - Weekend Break
✧Chapter 62 - Robbie Sells Rex
✧Chapter 63 - The Bad Roomate
✧Chapter 64 - Victori-Yes
✧Chapter 65 - Big Time Victorious with the Falls
✨Epilogue - 12 Years Later✨
A/N

✧Chapter 43 - Car, Rain, & Fire

3.8K 106 44
By Holograms03

Thank you y'all for 112k reads and 3k votes! 🥺❤️🥰
I'm really grateful for everyone who's stayed through all my mess and writer's slump lmao. So thank you 😘

ヽ(^o^)丿

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"Cat, I'm really sorry." I pull her into another hug.

We've been sitting on the floor, in front of her locker for a while now. She had found out that her favorite actress had passed away and it broke her. The second I asked how she was this when I bumped into her, she just broke down into tears.

"I can't believe this is happening." She whimpers, sniffling.

"I know, I know."

"Hey, have you two seen Trina?" Our moment was ruined by Trey standing in front of us.

"Not since this morning. Why?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"I really need to find her, she's been spreading rumors that I asked her out." He says in frustration.

"Oh yeah, did you really?" I gasp as I remember hearing about it.

"No, I didn't!" He exclaims loudly, "It was a rumor!"

"Okay, geez." I raise my hands in defense.

"At least she can still spread a rumor." Cat mumbles quietly.

"Is she okay?" Trey whispers quietly to me, pointing at Cat who hasn't lifted her head from staring at the floor.

"I don't know." I shake my head, "Don't worry, I got this."

"Okay, you know what, never mind. I'll find Trina. Feel better, Cat" Trey tells me and pats Cat's head before walking away.

"She can't feel better again." Cat cries softly again, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

I don't know what else to say so I just pull her into another hug, "Aww, Kit-Cat."

We stayed there for a few more minutes before she pulls away. I watch sadly as Cat taps away at her pearpad. She was playing a rather depressing song from the piano app.

"Cat! Lia!" I hear someone call out and footsteps approaching us, "Cat..."

Cat looks up from her pearpad and glares at the person, "Sup?"

"Sup?" Tori repeats the question with a raised eyebrow, "Where have you been?! I've been trying to find you since I woke up this morning."

"Tori..." I subtly try to warn her but it was too late.

"At least you woke up." Cat snaps at her, "Some people didn't."

"What do you mean?" Tori asks, taking a seat in front of Cat and I, "And why are you all sad?" She asks, putting a hand on Cat's knee.

"How do you know I'm sad?" Cat tries to play it off, faking a smile.

"Well, you're dressed in sad colors, and you were playing a sad song," Tori starts listing out, "there are tear-stains on Lia's shirt. Oh, and you're wearing a button that says, "I'm sad, ask me why"." She reads the button in a cartoony voice in an attempt to cheer Cat up a little.

"Mona Patterson died." Cat sighs out sadly.

Tori's smile drops from her face and she frowns at Cat, "Oh, I'm so sorry... But I don't know who Mona Patterson is." She admits sheepishly.

Yeah, honestly I don't know who she is either. I just didn't have the guts to ask.

"That's what's so sad!" Cat exclaims, "She's one of my favorite actresses ever. She was on a really popular TV show from the nineteen sixties called I Married My Mom."

"Ohh, I know that show." I gasp out in awe, "Our abuelita used to watch that when she first came to the US. She said it helped her learn English." I tell Cat with a smile, trying to give her a positive comment while also reminding Tori.

"Ohh yeah, we liked that show." Tori gasps too, smiling at Cat.

"I used to watch reruns of it with my brother when he was in the special hospital where they used to handcuff him to his bed." Cat tells us. Despite the terrible memory, a small smile still formed on her face at the memory.

"But now, no one even remembers Mona Patterson or cares that she's gone." Cat sighs again, pouting at us.

"I'm sure she has lots of fans who care." Tori assures her.

"No!" Cat frowns, "On my way to school, I stopped at her star on Hollywood Boulevard, and there weren't any flowers or anything." She informs us, "Just a weird man with a hat and some vomit on his pants."

"Well, maybe they didn't want it to get dirty or... Vomited on." I wince in disgust, "Maybe they left flowers at her house or at the funeral home."

"I gave him a tighty white but he ate it." Cat continues her story and stares at us in confusion. She clearly didn't hear what I said.

"Well... I'm really sorry about this, Cat. But we have a science project due tomorrow and we still have a lot to do." Tori grimaces, "Maybe this'll help take your mind off of this a little."

"You're not done with that?" I ask her with a judgmental look.

"Oh, shut up."

"No, I'm too sad to science." Cat shakes her head at Tori. She leans her head on my shoulder and starts to cry again.

I pat her head with one hand and use the other to slap Tori's arm, giving her a pointed look.

Letting out a defeated sigh, she calls Cat again, "Okay, where did Mona Patterson live?"

"Here in California."

"All right, well... What if, after school we drive to her house and you maybe, light a candle and leave it by her doorstep." Tori suggests with a comforting smile, "To honor her memory?"

"Can it be a scented candle?" Cat lights up a bit, sitting up.

"Anything you want, Cat." I smile at her.

"'Cuz I have one that smells like cinnamon buns." She shows off, more cheery this time.

"Did Mona Patterson like cinnamon buns?" Tori questions with a raised eyebrow.

"I dunno... We weren't friends!" Cat exclaims again, frowning at Tori.

Rolling her eyes, Tori slings her bag and stands up again, "Okay! Just- You find Mrs. Patterson's address, and then after school we'll drive to her house, and then you can leave your candle by her door. And then we'll go back to my house and work on our science project until we finish. Okay?"

"Okay!" Cat grins happily and nod, also standing up. "So you'll drive?" She asks Tori.

"Ha!" I laugh out loud, shaking my head and getting up from the floor, "Trust me, Cat, you do not want her to drive."

"Shut up..." Tori glares heatedly at me, "I um... I didn't pass my driver's test."

"Again." I add.

Cat frowns at this and tilts her head in confusion, "Why not?"

"I didn't see the old lady in the wheelchair." She admits guiltily. Cat lets out a loud gasp and covers her mouth while I laugh, making Tori defend herself quickly, "Well, I signaled before I hit her!"

Cat frowns disapprovingly at Tori just as the bell rings. Stepping aside, we let Jade open her locker and put in a book. Cat gives me a curious look and I nod with a shrug.

"Jade..." Cat calls her sweetly.

"What?"

"If my brother lets us borrow his car, will you drive Tori and me to an old lady's house after school?"

"No." Jade answers shortly, not waiting for anything else. She quickly walks past us and try to slip away, going to her next class.

"Wait, please?" Tori grabs her arm to stop her, "Cat's really sad because this actress passed away last night and-"

"I can drive." I remind them loudly with a shrug.

"Whoa! She passed away just last night?!" Jade cuts me off.

"Yeah." Cat nods.

"It's fine, I can drive." I wave Jade off.

"Hey, no, no!" Jade stops me from saying anything else, "I'll drive you guys to her house." She informs Tori and Cat with an eerie smile

"If you don't want to then I'll-"

"I said I'll drive!" She snaps at me, cutting me off again.

"Okay!" I raise my hands in surrender and step away from her.

Tori, Cat, and I share a look with each other before turn to Jade again. "Why'd you change your mind?" Tori asks her suspiciously.

"Because it's been less than twenty-four hours." Jade states calmly with a smirk, "Which means her spirit is still lingering. So I'll be able to breathe in the fumes of her soul."

"Maybe there's a bus we can take." Tori breaks the silence and suggests, earning a rapid nod from Cat.

"No!" Jade shouts, "No! I'll take you. We can leave after sundown." She states, not taking any other answer.

"Why can't we just go after school?" Tori asks.

"I don't like driving in the daylight." Jade exclaims before walking away.

Watching her walk away, Tori look back at me and ask, "She drove me to school in the daylight?"

"No, she tried to kill you in the daylight." I correct her.

"Oh, yeah."

"No one can try to kill Mona Patterson again." Cat suddenly whimpers and starts to cry again.

I stare at her with wide-eyes and shake my head, "No, no, no. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I rub her arms comfortingly and then she hugs me again, crying on my shirt, "Please don't cry again. I'm sorry. T, can you help? I have a test after this, I gotta go."

"Sucks to be you." Tori snickers at me and tries to walk away.

"Tori, you kissed my boyfriend!" I yell loudly, bringing it up again. Okay, yeah, that's unfair. But hey, if it gets me what I want, then I don't know what fair means.

People around us start to turn around and stare at her judgmentally. Tori lets out an awkward chuckle and quickly explains, "No, no! It's not what you think. This was a long, long time ago. Nowhere near right now. Lia!" She whisper-yells my name, glaring at me.

"Yes?" I smile innocently at her.

"Fine. Go." She groans at me, "Cat... come on, let's go to class or get some food." She slowly pulls Cat away from me.

"Can we get ice cream?" Cat asks with a puppy-face.

"Sure."

❤️

"Step one, two, three, and four! Five, six, seven eight!" Our teacher yells out, "Now one, two, three and four. Five, six, seven, eight." And one, two!" She stops, pausing the beat.

We're all rehearsing for the examination in two weeks. Everyone seems to be getting the moves down already, only forgetting a couple of steps. But Trina is not doing good. And I mean, at all. She keeps going off beat and bumping into people and switching one part of the choreography with another. It's just bad...

Trina's currently looking right at me. Everyone is supposed to be looking towards the teacher but she is facing the door. I give her a glare and nod my head for her to turn around and put her left hand up while her right hand stays at her side.

"Okay..." The teacher laughs nervously, looking around the room, "Most of you, that was awesome. Trina, you keep... trying." She gives her an encouraging look.

Trina just stands there in disbelief so I walk away to grab my bag and go home. I gotta take a shower before going to Patterson's house later.

"Hey." I turn my head to see Raelynn packing up her things too.

I return her smile, "Hi."

"So, how's the record deal going?"

"Oh, it's good. Yeah, it's going great." I reply excitedly, "I just need to have two, three more songs and then I'll have an album."

"That's incredible." She grins at me, "Have you done any music videos, yet?"

"No, not yet. I mean it's talked, we just don't know for which song yet. Why? You know anybody who'd want to be in it?" I smirk jokingly.

She chuckles at me and returns the smirk, "I think I can come up with a few people."

"At the top of my head, maybe me?" Her friend, Kate, chimes in, throwing an arm around me.

"Or us?" Isabella corrects her, gesturing at the five of them.

"Don't listen to them," Nick scoffs, pushing Kate's arm off of me and replacing it with his, "just think of me."

"When it happens, I'll think about it." I tell them with a laugh.

"You sure you want them?" Seline questions me, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay." "You know what?!" "Get out!" Isabella, Nick, and Kate quickly protest against her and push her out the door.

"Well, I'll see you around." Rae waves at me, following her friends close behind.

"Yeah, see ya." I wave back and finish up the last of my things. I was about to walk out to the door when I spot Trey and Trina talking in the middle of the room, his hand holding onto hers. Letting curiosity get the best of me, I stay behind a pillar and make sure that they can't see me as I eavesdrop.

Is this bad? Well, the only people left are me, Trina, and Trey. And both of them are biased, so who's to say?

"-you kissed me this morning, it's... It's affected me." I hear Trey say. She did what?

"We- Well, I had a burrito for breakfast. Was it the onions?" Trina asks cluelessly. Real smooth, El.

"I like you." Trey admits without wasting a second. Heh?!

"Whaaaaaat?" Trina trails off. Definitely what I'm thinking right now.

"Can I come over to your house tonight?" He asks again, ignoring Trina's reaction.

Trina lets out a gasp and nods frantically, "Yes! Oh my God, yes please!" She answers desperately. Oh God, I'm getting second-hand embarrassment. "You want me to make you... some dinner?" Trina offers with a giggle.

"Yeah." Trey nods, "Will you make me a chicken?"

"Yeah." Trina laughs, "Oh yeah, I'll make you a chick-"

Her words were cut off when he suddenly grabs her chin and pulls her into a kiss. Oh my God, my eyes! My eyes!

I physically gag in disgust and quickly run out the door. I don't even care if I was subtle or not, I just need to get the hell out of there. Okay, so curiosity did kill the cat. Not sure there's anything to bring me back here.

❤️

Jogging through the hallway, I caught up with Beck who just walked out of the school. "Beck, Beck, Beck! Beck!" I yell his name, running up to him faster and shoving the doors open.

He turns around quickly and stares at me in high-alert, "Lizzie? What's going on? Are you okay?"

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!" I wheeze out, my eyes widening, "No, yeah, I'm fine. But oh my God, you are not going to believe this! Okay, maybe I'm not that fine because oh my God!"

"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Did something happen in dance?" He continues to ask, grabbing my face in his hands and looking me up and down. Normally this would freak me out and I'd forget how to talk. But right now, I'm freaking out already.

"No, no, I'm fine, I promise. Physically." I wave him off, sending him a smile, "Mentally though, I'm losing my mind and possibly scarred for life. And I usually tell Ana these things but I don't know where she is and you're the first person I see so I just gotta talk about this."

"Okay?" He replies in confusion.

"Well, that's not technically true. I actually walked past Raelynn and then Robbie earlier, but I don't know. I didn't wanna talk to them about this. And then here you are, so I figured, why not." I ramble on.

"Lizzie, take a breath." He tells me with an amused chuckle, "Just calm down and then tell me."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." I stumble over my words as I take deep breaths. When I've stopped fidgeting badly, I finally say, "Trey gonna come over to my house tonight and Trina's making him chicken!"

Beck stares at me in confusion, "What?" He asks, "Yeah, I'm gonna need more context."

"Right, okay. So, this morning Trina was spreading a rumor about Trey asking her out, and then she somehow kissed him. And right after dance class, he showed up and asked her out! He said the kiss affected him or some bull like that! And then they both started making out and all in the middle of the class!" I grimace in disgust, shuddering at what I saw.

"Oh..."

"I mean, isn't that a little suspicious?" I ask him.

"Yeah, it sure is." He answers nonchalantly, nodding at me and forcing a smile

Squinting my eyes in suspicion, I stare at him for a moment longer, "You know something."

"What?" He scoffs in a high-pitch voice, "No...."

"What do you know?" I ask again.

"Nothing."

"Beck." Since he's still holding my face, I reach up to hold his back, "Tell me what you know."

"I don't think so." He chuckles forcefully, shaking his head.

"Please..." I pout a little and try to pull a puppy-face. It's not as good as Cat's but sometimes it works.

"Don't do that." He groans at me.

"Then tell me." I continue to pout.

Beck stares at me for a while before he groans loudly and scoffs, "Fine, whatever. We all decided to get back at Trina," He admits, making me smile victoriously, "give her a taste of her own medicine."

"You spread a rumor that she asked him out???" I question in bewilderment.

"No! I'm sure she'll like that."

"Yeah, no chiz." I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"The plan was for him to ask to come over to her house and then André'll show up. They'll start fighting before Robbie shows up too. Trina wanted guys lining up for her, so now, three guys are gonna be fighting for her." He explains to me.

"Oh no..." I wince, taking my hands off his face and covering my mouth.

"I'm sorry." He smiles tightly.

"And... What are you gonna do?" I ask slowly, curious if he's gonna be fighting for Trina too. Not that I care!

"Nothing, honestly." He answers casually.

"Oh, okay. Usually I'd say something about don't do that to Trina and poor her. But... Can you record the chaos and send it to me?" I ask innocently, grinning.

"Sure." He shakes his head in amusement, "But why not just be there to watch it?"

"I gotta go with Cat to visit her favorite actress' house. She just passed away last night."

"Wow. Cat must be devastated."

"Yeah, she really was." I nod with a sad sigh, "Well, also, since I don't think I can hide it if I ride in the car with Trina, do you think you could drop me off at home?"

"Yeah, sure." Beck nods at me and smiles, "Anytime."

"Thanks." I smile back, "Oh, and Beck..."

"Yeah?"

"You might need to let go of my face." I say slowly, moving my eyes at where his hands are still cupping my face. Now that the whole situation is done, I'm just realizing that I'm gonna panic again if he doesn't move.

I feel his hands go rigid as he stares at me with wide-eyes, probably the same as I am right now. "Oh, right." He breaths out but doesn't move.

"Um..."

"Yeah, right." He blinks furiously and pulls away, "Come on, let's go." He tells me and starts to walk away towards his car, leaving me standing there.

Okay, that was weird.

❤️

"Tori, let's go!" I yell from the front door for the seventh time. Jade is already honking from outside and Tori's not even out of her room yet.

"Zion, is this chicken?!" I hear Trina yell from the kitchen.

Getting on my tip-toes, I lean on the couch to look over. I can see her holding up something. It is definitely heavy from how she's trying not to fall down. It's still wrapped in plastic but I can definitely see that it is not chicken.

"Yeah, sure, that can be a chicken." I decide not to tell her, just to give the guys more chance to mess with her, "Why not?"

I need to text them about this.

"Yeah, great." Trina grunts as she puts it on an oven tray. She unwraps the plastic and then shoving it into the oven with a huff. "Ha ha, burn!" She yells at the "chicken" as she closes the door.

"Yeah, great." I smile tightly and give her a thumbs-up, "Tori, let's go, let's go, let's go! I'll be waiting outside." I yell loudly before walking out the front door, "Have fun tonight." I wave at Trina.

Walking to the bright blue convertible, I see Cat sitting at the back with Jade driving and Ana beside her. Cat waves at me excitedly and beckons me to hurry up. Jade raises an eyebrow at me and rolls her eyes when she notices that Tori's not with me yet.

"Hey, don't know when Tori's gonna be done." I tell them, taking a seat beside Cat, behind Jade, "She said she'd be out in a minute. Seventeen minutes ago." I say exasperatingly, "What are you doing here?" I move from Jade to Ana.

"I'm coming with." She tells me with a smile.

"Got nothing better to do?"

"None."

"Vega, let's go!" Jade stops our conversation short with a loud and long honk."

"Yeah, yeah. I got it!" I hear Tori say and I see her running out of the house with her science project. She runs to the other side of the car and gets in the backseat with her project tumbling around.

"Do you really have to bring that?" Ana turns in her seat and raise an eyebrow at Tori who is struggling to put on her seatbelt.

❤️

"So, Cat," Jade makes conversation halfway the drive, "is there some reason your brother replaced the seatbelt with a rope?"

"No. He just loves rope." Cat answers innocently.

The four of us share a look with each other, silently agreeing not to ask anymore questions. The hamster from Tori's project starts running in the wheel, creating a loud squeaky noise.

Ana looks at it through the rearview mirror and asks, "What is that anyway?"

"Oh, this is Cat's and my science project." Tori grins proudly, looking down at the hamster.

"It's a robot that's hamster powered." Cat continues.

"See, Mr. Hamster runs on this wheel and that creates electro-magnetic electricity." Tori starts explaining, boring Jade already, "Which flows through this transformer and then powers the robot."

"Isn't it cool?" Cat asks Jade.

"I dunno, all i hear was hamster, hamster. Science, science. Tori's boring, kill me." Jade replies blankly.

"Imagine my life." I tell her with a tight smile.

Tori grins forcefully at Jade and I. She reaches down for something before leaning forward, outstretching her arm, "You want a muffin?"

Jade glances at it and takes it, "Sure." She smirks and takes a bite.

"You brought muffins?" Ana asks in interest.

"Oh no, I found it under the seat." Tori smirks sweetly just as Jade spits it all out, throwing it out of the car.

"Not so boring now, am I?" Tori laughs happily.

"All right, Vega. I am gonna pull over-"

"You guys!" Cat yells, cutting Jade off, "We're not gonna sit here and listen to the two of you fight for the next two hours." She exclaims, pointing at Ana and I too.

"Well, she's the one who-"

"Two hours?!" I ask loudly, not listening to what Tori was about to say and turn to look at Cat.

"I thought we were just driving to some dead actress' house and lighting a candle?" Jade reminds her.

"We are. Her house is in San Diego." Cat informs casually. At this, Jade immediately hit brakes in the middle of the road, almost throwing us all forward.

"Ow!" Tori yells out when her face hits the science project.

"San Diego?!" Ana turns in her seat in shock.

"Cat, we gotta finish our science project before morning!" Tori tells her.

"But-"

"No!" Jade snaps, "I am not driving this rolling chiz-box to San Diego and back." She stands her ground, not moving the car at all.

Cat starts whimpering beside me and her shoulders start to shake.

"Cat, no-" I try to stop her but before I can even finish my sentence, she's already full-out crying with her face in her hands.

"Just drive the girl to San Diego." Ana says softly to Jade.

I see Jade rolling her eyes before letting out a groan, "All right!" She sighs in defeat, "But if I hear another squeak from that thing, I am done." She glares at Tori, nodding at the hamster who is still running on the wheel.

"We need to test this-"

"You heard her, Tori." Ana sends a pointed look, "Give the poor little guy a break."

"Fine." Tori sighs, letting the hamster out and into the tiny cage she had brought with. "Come on, get in. It's okay." She nudges the hamster, resulting in a few squeaky sounds again.

"I swear, I will turn this car around!" Jade shouts at Tori, making her close the cage and stay silent.

"Wow, angry parent. Awkward family road-trip." I break the uncomfortable silence, trying to light the mood. When I was only returned with unamused glances, I stop chuckling, "No? Okay."

❤️

"Come on! Run!" "Go hammy!" "Make electricity, ya fuzzy little beast!" Tori, Cat, and I cheer for the hamster.

After being allowed to work on the science project again, Tori and Cat immediately works on it. They get the hamster out of its cage and put it inside the wheel, connecting the cable to the robot. Now, we're just encouraging the hamster to run around so that it'll create electricity.

"Why won't he run faster?" Cat asks curiously when the hamster stops again, deciding to just walk the wheel.

"Because you bought us a fat hamster." Tori points out.

"He reminded me of Santa Claus." Cat states with a smile.

"Hey! Don't be mean to him." I frown at Tori as I lean forward to pet the hamster, "He's trying his best. Isn't that right, hammy?"

"Why hammy?" Ana asks from the passenger seat.

"Because it doesn't have a name and it's a hamster." I shrug, "Hamster, hammy..."

"Oh my God, how much longer to San Diego?" Jade complains loudly.

"Oh, um... I'll check my pearpad." Cat offers, grabbing the pearpad from her bag on the floor in front of her. Unlocking it, she types a few things, "According to this map, we should be there in about, uhh... Sixty-three more miles."

"Oh, good. We're only halfway there." Ana says, staying optimistic. She gives Jade a smile but Jade doesn't return it.

"Hey, and the hamster's running faster!" Cat points out, looking down at the wheel.

"Yeah." Tori chuckles happily, "Come on, hammy!" She cheers as the hamster runs even faster. The robot at the front still doesn't turn on, concerning Tori, "I don't understand why we're not getting any power to-" Her words were cut off when the robot's eyes light up and it makes a whirring noise, "Oh my gosh, look! Look, look, look, look!" She furiously pats Cat, watching the robot move.

"Yay, we made electricity!" Cat cheers happily, "Go robot! He's alive!!!" They both start cheering loudly and excitedly, throwing their hands up.

"Uhh, ladies." I hear Jade say as her eyes flicker between the road and to the sky, "I hate to rain on your parade, but I think it's raining on your parade."

The four of us follows her and looks up at the sky, feeling raindrops falling on our faces. "Yeah, it is raining." "Dammit." "Oh yeah. This isn't good." "Uh-oh."

Cat grabs an umbrella from the floor and tries to open it. It was only halfway open when it got blown by the wind. She lets out a squeal as it flies back and out of the car, slipping out of her grip. The car behind us honks loudly as it almost gets hit.

"Hey, Cat, I think I brought an umbrella." Ana says loudly and tries to cover her head, "Do you see it back there?"

The three of us share a look with each other before Cat answers softly, "No, not really."

❤️

Eight minutes in and it is raining heavily now. All of us are soaked from head to toe. My clothes are sticking to me. The hamster had run back into its closed, covered cage while the science project is covered with a plastic tarp. I should've brought my raincoat.

"We gotta pull over!" Tori yells through the loud rain.

"I can't pull over on this freeway, there's no place to stop!" Jade yells back angrily.

"I'm getting wet!" Cat complains.

"How do we put up the top?!" I ask her.

"Cat, where's the switch to put the top up?!" Ana continues the question.

"Right there," She points down, "under the radio."

Ana quickly leans forward and presses the switch. She looks back and forth at the switch and at the back of the car. "It's not working!" She shouts.

"I know, it's broken!" Cat shouts back.

"How long till the next exit?!" Jade shouts this time.

Tori was holding Cat's pearpad to look for a place to pull over. She scrolls through it until her eyes land on the rest area, "Ten more miles!" Her answer was returned with frustrated screams from everyone. This is bull.

"What are we gonna do?!" I shout. I'm not really expecting an answer but hopefully there's something good here.

Ana looks around the car in confusion before spotting something. I watch her lean over to the driver's side and turn something on. The wipers start to move, clearing the glass from the water.

"That's better." Tori says sarcastically

"What's that gonna do?!" I yell at Ana.

She turns in her seat and glares at me, "I don't know, I'm trying something, okay?!"

That didn't last long because right after she said that, the wipers snap. They fly past the sides of the car in high-speed, followed by the few rapid honks of the cards behind us. "What?!!" "Oh my God!!" "What the hell?!"

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Jade screams angrily.

❤️

Jade pulls up at the rest area just as the rain starts to die down. We're still wet but not as bad as we were before. She turns off the car and we all got out, squeezing our hair and clothes to dry them.

"At least it stopped raining." Tori comments optimistically.

"For now." Ana snarks, rolling her eyes.

"Well, we have to get the top up on this car." I tell them, nodding at the back of the car, "In case it starts raining like a bitch again."

"Yeah, I'd hate to get all wet and disgusting." Jade smiles tightly at me.

"Come on, guys. Let's just try and pull up the top ourselves." Tori beckons, reaching for the top.

Cat stares at her struggling and frowns, "It's broken." She states nonchalantly.

"We know that!" Jade snaps angrily at Cat before sighing, "Does your brother have any tools in the car?" Her voice turns soft at the question.

"I think in the trunk." Cat nods, a small, grateful smile appear for Jade's change of voice.

"I'll open the trunk." I make sure my voice isn't loud as I tell them and jog up to the back. Jade tosses me the keys and I catch it, unlocking the trunk. Lifting it up, I was greeted by a terrifying sight in there. "Ahh, feet! So many feet!" I scream out.

Ana runs up beside me and gapes. Grabbing the vacuumed bag of feet, she lifts it up and turns to Cat, "Cat, what is this?"

"Don't worry, they're not real feet." Cat assures us.

"But why does your brother have a bag of fake feet in the trunk of his car?" Jade asks.

"I'm not gonna lie," Cat sighs, "my brother's pretty weird."

"No chiz." Tori grimaces as Ana tosses it back in, "Let's just see if we can get the top up. Is there anything there?"

"Umm..." Being careful to avoid the bag of feet, I rummage around to look for anything that can help. I see a crowbar at the further end of the trunk and I reach over to grab it. Turns out, that crowbar was covering something even more horrifying than fake feet.

"Ahhh, heads! Baby heads! So many heads!" I yelp at the doll heads and pull the crowbar away. "I'm out! I'm done! I'm not going near that again." I state firmly, walking away from the trunk.

"All right." Tori sighs as Ana closes the trunk. She starts jamming the top to pop it open but it was stuck. She looks up to see Ana, Jade, Cat, and I just staring at her in anticipation. "Help me!"

We move forward and start to help. Tori and I on one side of the car while Ana, Jade, and Cat are on the other side. Tori's the only one using the crowbar to jam it open, the rest of us are pulling at it with our hands. After a few struggles, the top pops open and we all let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay, okay, it's loose." Ana grins, huffing out, "Now, let's pull up that top."

The five of us pulls it up, ignoring the squeaky sound and drops it down to the front. The second it slams down, we realize that there's no cover. It's literally just metal. I had to see a bag of feet and an amount of baby doll heads for nothing.

Cat starts giggling by herself and putting her hand in front of her mouth to stop the loud laughs.

"What?" Jade asks her with a sigh.

"Our car it topless." Cat answers with another laugh.

"Y'know, let's just go back to L.A." Tori suggests which Jade immediately agrees to.

"No!" Cat grabs Jade's arm and stops her, "You guys promised we could go to Mona Patterson's house so I could light a candle and leave it by her front door."

"But Cat-" Ana looks at her sadly.

"Please..." Cat pleads quietly at us, giving us her puppy-face.

"Cat, it's already late." I try to reason with her, "We're all soaking wet and you still need to-"

"Lia... Tori..." Ana calls me carefully, her eyes looking at something behind me.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows at her. Sharing a look of confusion with Tori, we both slowly turn around only to be met with a clown standing right behind us. Tori lets out a yelp and I stay still in fear. "Sup?" I ask carefully.

"Can I have a ride to your house?" The clown asks in a deep, gravel voice.

"No." I reply quickly.

"Um..." Tori slaps my arm in fear, especially after the clown glares at my answer, "What she means is... We're- We're driving our friend to San Diego." She answers nicely.

I look over my shoulder to see Ana, Jade, and Cat standing close with each other. They're all holding hands in fear and Jade's eyes flicker down to where Tori had dropped the crowbar on the seat. I return it with a subtle nod while also flickering my eyes to the keys in Ana's hand and then to the wheel, signaling for them to be ready to drive.

"When are you going to San Die-a-go?" The clown asks and gets closer to us.

I carefully tap on Tori's arm, silently telling her to get ready to run and jump into the car. She gets the hint and holds onto my hand.

"Y'know.... Now!" She suddenly yells and we all spring to action.

Ana runs to the driver's seat while Jade and Cat jumps on the back. I grab the crowbar and points it to the clown as I jump beside Cat and Tori gets in the passenger seat. None of us even bothered to open the doors.

"Drive!" "Go, go, go!" "Now!" "Go!"

❤️

"Let me love you. Let me love you like a champion, baby..." André's voice rings from my phone.

Beck had sent me the video from Trina's "date". André had shown up first and pretends to try and sweep Trina off her feet, only for Trey to show up soon after. Which leads to an argument. Wait, until Robbie also shows up, then it's a fight.

"This is cruel though." Ana comments, not taking her eyes off the road but still frowning at me.

"Yeah, but she had it coming for spreading that rumor." I shrug.

"Are they going to fight?" Cat asks curiously.

"Probably." I answer, laughing when I watch Trina climb onto the couch in an attempt to stop them.

"How'd you get this?" Tori furrows her eyebrows at the video, snorting when Trina tries to jump onto one of the guys' backs only to fall down.

"Beck's recording it from the backyard." I grin at the guys' improv of insulting each other.

"Beck, huh?" Jade questions, smirking at me.

"Yeah, why?" I raise an eyebrow cluelessly at her when the video ends. I send Beck a quick text before locking the phone.

Tori turns in her seat and stares at me, "What's up with you two anyway?"

"Nothing, nothing's going on." I chuckle at her.

"Oh, bull." Jade scoffs at me.

"I'm serious!" I gasp at her, "There's nothing going on. We're just friends."

"Friends..." Cat repeats in a suggestive tone and nudges me.

"Yes. Friends. Not, friends." I copy her voice, rolling my eyes at her.

"Have you talked about the accident L word, yet?" Ana asks knowingly, judging me through the rearview mirror.

"Nope." I shake my head, "And I don't need to, we're good!"

"No, you're not." Jade states.

"We're fine."

"No, you're not." This time, it's Tori.

"Can we change the subject, please?" I sigh tiredly.

"No, we can't." Ana answers, snickering at my annoyed look. "Why can't you just talk to him?" She raises an eyebrow at me, "You're repeating the same stupid thing you did last time."

"Because it was just an accident." I defend, "I said it but as a friend. It's not like I'm in love with Beck. It's complicated."

"No, it's not, and I think you are." Cat retorts, "Right?" She asks around at the other girls.

"Oh, definitely." "Absolutely." "No doubt."

"Okay, just focus on the road. There's the exit." I point ahead in hopes of changing the subject, "Let's just get this over so we can go home."

Thankfully, that worked because now they're focusing on the drive. Cat is looking at the GPS while Ana is driving, Tori is focused on her science project again, and Jade is making sure that Cat doesn't get distracted by something, like, an ice-cream shop.

❤️

We all walk slowly pass the opened gate. Even though it's been half an hour, we're all still drenched. Except now, everything feels freezing cold and we're all shivering. Our hairs are flat down but Ana's is frizzy and poofing out everywhere

"I am soaking wet." Tori complains, rubbing her arms up and down in a way to get some heat.

"We all are!" Jade snaps at her, "Do you not hear our feet squishing?!" She points out and we all look down at our feet which are making too much noise to be fine.

Shaking my head, I look up and smile at Cat, "There, Cat. There's Mona Patterson's front door."

"Yeah... And there aren't any flowers or cards or anything." Cat frowns sadly, "See? No one cares that she died." She starts to whimper.

"Yeah, that is unfortunate." Ana frowns, rubbing Cat's arm in comfort.

"It's so sad." Jade states grumpily, "Now light your dumb candle and let's get outta here."

"Kay kay." Cat sniffles, going to the door. We watch her take a seat on the steps and put down her candle. She stares at the door as she opens the candle and takes out a lighter.

"I thought you were all psyched to come here and "breath in the fumes of Mona's lingering soul"." Tori reminds Jade mockingly.

"Well, it's hard to enjoy it when my pants are soggy." Jade glares at her.

"I feel like I should say a few words about her." Cat's voice grabs our attention and we see a framed picture of the actress beside the candle.

"Well, hurry up, Cat. Because technically, we're trespassing right now." Ana tells her, trying to pat down her hair.

"Yeah, I really don't feel like spending the night in jail in San Diego." I add, glancing around for security cameras or anything.

Cat nods and lights the candle. She holds the picture on her lap and sighs, "Mona Patterson, I'm so sorry you died." She starts, hugging the picture, "I used to love watching you on I Married My Mom. And... and..." Her voice starts to crack as she looks up at us for help.

"Go finish for her." Jade tells Tori, her voice quiet at how sad Cat looks.

"What do I say?" Tori whispers at her with wide-eyes.

Ana made the first move and takes a seat beside Cat, putting a hand on her shoulder. "And, Mona, your memory will live forever in your work on television."

"Yeah, you showed us all how funny and awkward it is.... When you married your own mother." Tori tries to add but look at us in confusion, not remembering the real plot of the show.

"And- And thank you, for giving us the moments of spending time with our abuelita, listening to her rant about how your show used to help her." I help out, smiling when Cat grins happily at us.

"Amen. Now, let's go." Jade says softly, gesturing at the gates.

"Come on." Ana slowly helps Cat up.

"Don't you think we should just wait one more minute?" Cat pleads, reluctantly moving.

"Who's out here?!" An angry voice, similar to the clown before yells.

We all scream in panic, only to scream louder when we turn around. There stood Mona Patterson, furious, healthy, and very much alive.

"You summoned her? Cat, what kind of cinnamon bun candle did you use?!" I exclaim at Cat, gaping at the actress.

Cat warily walks up and waves at her, "Be gone, ghost of Mona Patterson. Go to the light!"

"Um, Cat, I'm almost sure she's not dead." Tori stops her.

Cat doesn't believe her and takes a step closer. She puts her hand up and tries to reach out for something. She looks at the actress in the eyes and moves her hand to poke her.

"Don't poke that!" Mona Patterson swats her hand away.

"Why did you think that she was dead?" Tori asks Cat in bewilderment.

"I read it online." Cat exclaims, "It said, "Mona Patterson joins the dead"."

"That's a new TV show, ya dip." The actress snaps, making Cat frown further.

"Cat, The Dead is a new show starring David Schwimmer." I explain calmly.

"Exactly." Mona continues, "There's a story about me being cast in a show called The Dead. I play David Schwimmer's wife."

"Oh." Cat nods in understanding, "Well, nice to meet you. I'm Cat." Her pout quickly turns into a smile and she waves at her favorite actress.

"Good." Mona smiled widely, "I have something nice for cats." She tells her, entering her house again. Cat giggles excitedly at us and we just give her a thumbs-up.

When Mona Patterson walks out again, she is carrying a huge water-gun. She points it at us and gestures at Cat to step off her porch.

"Whoa, just wait a second!" I shout, stopping her.

"Yeah, this girl made us drive two hours through the rain, in a topless convertible, just because she loves you and your work." Ana explains, pointing at Cat, "I mean, look at my hair! All of this is for you. So, would it kill you to just be a little bit nice? And maybe-"

We were cut off by her spraying us with the water. Okay, the pressure from that gun is amazing. We all scream out in anger and annoyance, running through the garden and out the gates.

"Can't you see we're already wet?!" Tori yells out.

"Get off my property!" Mona Patterson snaps angrily.

"Lock your damn gate next time!" I snap back.

❤️

"You guys wanna dry-off first before going home?" Tori offers when Jade parks the car in front of the house.

"Or you can just stay over." I add with a shrug, "You left some of your clothes last time."

"Yeah, sure." Ana nods, getting out of the car.

"Yeah, I'm not driving this car again tonight." Jade states, handing Cat the keys back.

"Yay, sleepover!" Cat exclaims. Her mood changing fast from the sad, disappointed one because of Mona to an excited, happy one.

"Science project, Cat." Tori reminds her, lifting up the robot and the hamster who had just woken up from his nap.

We all walk up the driveway and to the front door. Just when we were about to reach the porch, the door swings open and the guys walk out. André first, followed by Trey, Robbie, and then Beck. They were all laughing loudly at something and high-fiving each other. There were puppets on their hands.

"Hey, girls." "You're back." They say when they saw us, sending Cat sympathetic looks.

"What happened to your hair?" Robbie questions, pointing at Ana's poofy hair with wide-eyes.

"Rain and wind." Ana glares at him, patting her hair with her hand, not that it would do much.

"So, how was it?" André asks carefully.

"Patterson's not dead." Jade states blankly.

"What?"

"She's not dead." I repeat.

"As in alive?" Beck stares at us with wide-eyes.

"Alive, healthy, and a massive bitch." Jade grumbles.

"Yeah..." Ana nods in agreement.

"She sprayed us out of her gate." Cat pouts sadly.

"Oh, sorry, Cat." Trey frowns and pats her head, "Oh, why are you still wet?"

"That's what she said." I comment, smirking at them.

"Cat's car is topless." Tori tells them, pointing at where there is just metal on top of the car and nothing covering it.

"Oohhh."

"All right, see ya tomorrow." André waves at us.

"Wait!" Cat jumps in front of them, blocking their way, "We're having a sleepover. Wanna join?"

"Oooh, just like old times." Robbie gleams in excitement, "We can play watch movies, play monopoly, or even UNO."

"No UNO!" All of us, except Trey yell loudly. Yeah, UNO was officially banned after the incident a few game nights ago.

"What's wrong with UNO?" Trey furrows his brows at us.

"No..." Beck shakes his head, "Just one thing you need to know, this is it, nothing else. We don't talk about UNO."

"All right, let's do it." I clap my hands happily.

"Wait, I don't have any change of clothes." Trey announces.

"It's cool, you can borrow one of ours." André tells him, "We always keep at least a couple of clothes at everybody's house."

"Yeah, filling up my closet." I jokingly call him out but obviously it's just ignored by their excitement.

"I'll get the snacks." "I'll call pizza." "Ooh, and chicken wings." "I'll get the blankets." "I'm picking the movies." "Oooh, I wanna watch rom-coms." "Yes! Pick the worst rom-com there is." Everybody starts planning everything and they head back into the house, rambling over one another.

"Oh, wait, I gotta show you the video." Beck tugs me back a bit, waving his phone.

"Ooh, did it get worse?" I grin.

"So much worse." He laughs, "I can show it now or later. Or if you just want me to tell you about it?"

I look back to where everybody is rambling at the door, arguing over whether to get the pizza delivered or if they should just pick it up so it's faster.

"Maybe you can tell me now?" I answer after thinking about it, "I mean, the bathrooms are gonna be lining up." I reason, pointing at everyone.

It's not a lie. It's a good reason. Which I'm kinda glad for, 'cuz Beck is a great storyteller and maybe I might want to just spend some time alone.

"Are you sure you won't get sick?" He asks me, gesturing at my clothes.

"No, I'll be fine." I smile and he returns it.

"Are you guys coming in or what?" Ana asks us, holding the door open.

Beck and I share a look before we answer, "No, it's fine. Just close the door." "Later. We're just gonna talk."

That seems to get everyone's attention because now they're all looking at us. It's either smug looks or whatever. But it's all just smirks and winks. "Sure..." "Okay then." "Yeah, go talk." "Uh-huh." "Have fun."

"You know where all your clothes are." I yell after them, "And don't touch my stuff!" I manage to say before they close the door shut.

"So..." He trails off, looking at me.

"So." I repeat, smiling at him. Pointing at the swing in the garden, right beside the driveway, I walk over to sit and he sits beside me.

❤️

"And then she just cursed us all out, no holding back." Beck finishes the story of pranking Trina, making me laugh louder.

"At least she didn't spray you with the biggest water-gun that ever existed." I wheeze out, indicating at the end of my story before.

We are sitting on the porch swing, facing each other. My legs were criss-crossed under me while he had one foot on the ground to swing us.

We were just gonna talk about Trina's prank. But a couple of minutes in and I was telling him the entire roadtrip, laughing at everything. Even about the creepy clown, of course leaving out the part where the girls and I were talking about him and I.

After I was done, we switched and he told me his story. Making us laugh more.

"Well, we didn't break and enter, believing she was dead." He points out, smirking at me.

"The gate was open, it wasn't breaking and entering, it was just.... Trespassing." I defend myself, "And I believed Cat, so of course I didn't look it up again. I trust my friend."

"Yeah, you're too sweet." He grins at me, "And that is why I like you."

"Aww, Beck. You're making me melt." I gasp, making light of the words with a hand on my chest. "Now that is too sweet which is impossible not to like." I tell him, dropping my head on his shoulder dramatically.

He laughs loudly and lightly shoves me off. "We better head back in before they get any ideas." He suggests, nodding at the house.

"Yeah, I think it's a little too late for that." I chuckle, standing up from the swing. I outstretch my hand and help pull him up, letting the seat swing back a bit too hard. It ended up hitting the back of his leg and he trips, almost falling if I wasn't holding his hand.

"And here I thought I was the one with no balance." I jokingly quote him, laughing.

"Well, surprise surprise." He rolls his eyes at me. "I gotta grab something from my car, you go head in first."

"Okay." I nod, "Oh, wait, here." Taking off the flannel he had put on me earlier, I hand it to him.

Oh yeah. He was worried I'd "get sick" so he gave me his flannel. Despite my protests.

"Keep it." He smiles at me and leaves to his car which is parked a little further down the house.

"Okay..." I say to no one in particular.

Walking back into the house, I can't stop the smile that was creeping onto my face. By the time I opened the door, I was grinning widely and I didn't even try to hide it. Tori, Ana, Jade, André, and Trey are already sitting on the couch. I'm guessing Cat and Robbie are still in the bathroom.

"Good talk?" Jade asks with a smirk.

"Huh?" I snap out of whatever daze I was in and nod, "Yeah, it was fine."

"Really?" André's smirk matches Jade's, "'Cuz that face shows more than fine."

"Nice flannel by the way." Tori points out, also smirking at me.

"Okay, can you stop that?" I raise an eyebrow at them, "You're all smirking and it's scaring me. Look, it's nothing." I scoff, "We were just talking."

"Okay then." Trey nods casually.

"I was just telling him about the roadtrip and he was telling me about the dates you all pulled on Trina. Brilliant, by the way." I explain to them for no reason, "And then that's it. We were just talking, and laughing. And then he called me sweet and that that's why he liked." My voice gets quieter as I continue, "And I don't know I smiled, he smiled. And then he said this color looks great on me, and then I felt weird, and- Holy shit I might actually love him." I suddenly stop in realization. This is a weird time to realize this. I really have no good timing, huh?

The five of them share a look with each other before clapping slowly. Their smirks had turned into blank, bored looks.

"Congratulations, you're the last one to know." Ana tells me sarcastically.

"Well, actually, Beck doesn't..." Tori corrects her.

"Right, second to last." She corrects herself.

"Oh my God, I'm in love with Beck." I chuckle in surprise, bringing my hands to my face. The smile from earlier gets wider.

"Yeah, you are!" André cheers.

"None of you can say anything about this!" I hurriedly snap, "And I mean anything!"

"Lips are sealed." Trey promises.

"I'm not agreeing to anything." Jade shakes her head at me.

"Jade...." I plead, "Please...."

She grumbles something incoherent before rolling her eyes, "Fine."

"Thank you." I sigh in relief.

Just as I said that, the door opens behind me and Beck walks in. I stare at him with wide-eyes and I'm sure whatever expression the others have are all weird. Because Beck raises his eyebrows at us and looks around.

"What's going on?" He asks aloud.

"Nothing." I answer curtly, "They're just being idiots." I wave my friends off for him, "Well, I'm gonna go change."

❤️

~Beck's P.O.V.~

"What was that about?" I ask them, looking away from Lizzie and walking further into the house.

"Oh, that was nothing." Jade waves me off. She says it so casually but her face says otherwise, she was smirking smugly.

"Okay?" I raise an eyebrow at them and drop my bag on the couch.

"So.... How was the talk?" Tori asks, grinning at me.

"It was good." I nod.

"Good?" Ana repeats in a questioning tone, "That's it? Your face is saying more than that."

I clear my throat in embarrassment and try to drop the smile, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't..." Trey trails off, crossing his arms at me, "Lia's wearing your flannel, by the way."

At the mention of that, I feel the heat rush up my face and my eyes widen. Their smirks is what made me snap out of it and clear my throat. "Yeah, she was cold."

"Sure..." André shrugs nonchalantly, smirking at me, "It can all be read in your red face." He points out, "You like her." He states, smirking wider.

"She's just a friend." I scoff.

"Are you convincing us or yourself?" Tori teases, resting her chin on her palm.

"Okay, you know what- You- I don't-" I stumble over my words as I try to find the right word to say.

"You were trying to say?" Jade raises an eyebrow with her arms crossed.

"Oh shut up." I grumble lowly, looking away from them. When they laugh even louder, I glance at the stairs to make sure Lizzie's not there before looking back at them and slowly asking, "So, you all know. Does she know?"

"No." Ana laughs in amusement, "That girl's smart but she is definitely the only one who doesn't know."

"Okay." I sigh in relief. As much as I want to tell her, if she finds out then I doubt it's gonna end well.

"But little red knows." André informs me, "Means it's only a matter of time."

"Yeah, just not now." I shake my head, "Or anywhere near."

"Just talk to her, man." Trey sighs, raising his eyebrows at me."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I brush him off casually, "But none of you say anything about this!" I hurriedly snap, "And I mean anything!"

"Not promising anything." Jade smirks at me.

"Jade..." I plead, "Come on..."

She only raises an eyebrow silently at me for a few minutes before rolling her eyes and sighing, "Fine."

"Thank you." I smile gratefully, "Now, I'm gonna get changed."

❤️

(Everyone's goofy and all, then there's Ana and Trey. Damn models...)

"Whoo-hoo!" "Oh yeah!" "Come on, hammy!" "That's it!" "Run, fat Santa!" "Yeah, baby!" "Yes!" "I love this!" "Woo!" "Let's go!" We all cheer loudly as we watch the hamster run in his wheel and succeeding in turning on the robot in the middle of the coffee table. It's stupid but it's fun. Even Jade is in on this and halfway through the night, Trina had walked down to join us, letting go of the prank from before.

The ten of us are scattered around the living room in our pjs. Cat, Robbie, and Tori are all sitting on the floor. Jade, André, and Ana are on one couch while Lizzie, Trina, Trey, and I are on the other couch.

"Hey, guys." I turn around to see Mr. vega walking towards us with a frown, "Girls, what was the name of the actress whose house you went to tonight?"

"Mona Patterson." Tori nods happily.

Cat however had a frown on her face, "Why?"

"She's on the news, channel six." He informs us with a sigh.

"What's that about?" Ana questions after Mr. Vega leaves the room.

"I don't know." Robbie shrugs as he grabs the remote, "Let's see... Channel six."

We all turn our attention to the TV, leaning back on our seats. "But by the time firefighters arrived on The Scene, Mrs. Patterson's house was already engulfed in flames and could not be saved."

Cat gasps loudly and glance around at us, "My candle..."

"No, no. We don't know that for sure." Lizzie denies, reaching forward to rub her shoulder comfortingly.

"Yeah, lots of things can start a fire." André agrees, staring at the screen that shows the burning house being hosed down.

"The cause of the fire, this cinnamon bun-scented candle." The reporter states again.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding." Jade scoffs, glaring at the TV.

"Mrs. Patterson is now resting uncomfortably in Saint Billy's hospital." The news continues, "As for who left the burning candle at the door, police officials say the only clue comes from Mrs. Patterson herself who, dazed and confused from smoke inhalation, was muttering something about a Cat, apparently with red fur. Of course we'll have much more on this story-"

I quickly snatch the remote from Robbie and change channels to some cooking show. "We're not gonna talk about this." I say with wide eyes, looking down at Cat.

"Guys..." Cat looks around frantically.

"Shh...." Trina puts a finger up to shush her, the other hand strokes calmly at Cat's hair.

"Yeah, you were never there." Trey adds, "None if you ever left the house and we're all your alibi witnesses."

"Let's just watch The Switch and yell at the screen." Lizzie suggests and takes the remote from me.

"Kay kay." Cat nods slowly and turns back around to face the screen.

We spent the next couple of hours yelling and snapping at the movie, Cat seemingly forgetting about the news. The pizza is finished and candy wraps are scattered. Only for a moment because one glare from the Vegas and it's cleaned up.

"Wait, wait, gather around. We gotta take a pic." Lizzie instructs, beckoning everyone to get on the couch, "I'm sending this to Chad, he's gonna be so jealous."

"He's directing and starring in a movie with Selena Gomez." Ana reminds her as we all pile onto the couch, "He wins."

"Movie with Selena Gomez or a sleepover?" Lizzie scoffs, "Is that even a choice?"

"No. Selena Gomez all the way." Tori states, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Ooh, we should visit his set." Trina gasps.

"No!" We all yell loudly, stopping her.

"Aren't you banned from the studio?" I ask her in bewilderment.

"Yep. My picture is right beside Zac Efron." Trina sighs dreamily, "America's dream couple."

"That's not something to brag about." Lizzie scoffs.

"Let's do this and post it on TheSlap." Robbie stops them, "Ooh, should we tag him?"

"Damn, Rob." Jade comments, "That's cruel. I like it."

"So, is this like a normal, often thing?" Trey raises a curious eyebrow at us.

"Sometimes." André shrugs.

"Okay, Trey hold the phone and everyone smile." Tori waves her hands around, "Squeeze in!"

"Ugh." Jade scoffs and rolls her eyes but squeezes in nonetheless.

"Oh, come on. You know you like this." Ana chuckles, pulling her close.

"Everybody say cheese!" Cat squeals.

"Or say cinnamon bun candles!" André jokes, laughing proudly. Some of us are snickering but Cat stares at him with a pout. "Or not." André clears his throat, shaking his head and shrug.

"Let's just hurry up and do this, we still have school tomorrow." Lizzie reminds everyone.

We all sit huddled on one of the couches. Trey is sitting at the end of the couch, holding the phone. André is next to him followed by Jade sitting half on Ana. Then Robbie and Tori behind her with Cat flopped on top. Trina keeps trying to slip between Trey and André. And finally, I'm sitting at the other end of the couch with Lizzie.

"Okay, one, two..." Trey counts.

We all smile at the camera and scooch closer to each other. Lizzie leans back to me and I throw an arm around her shoulder, smiling down.

ヽ(^o^)丿

Here's a chapter first, so you don't have to wait till April fools. :)
This ending is so bad tho 😭

On another note, my God, Dan. Why are there so many mentions of feet in this show? I don't remember it ever being this much...

By the way, after the last chapter, apparently a lot of people are starting to ship Cat and Chad, and asking me if they're gonna get together. Honestly, I did not plan or prepare for this at all because I was kinda gonna put her with Robbie, just like in the show. But if it's something y'all want, I might be able to add it into the story at some point.
My initial plan was actually for Trey, just don't know with who. I was leaning more towards Trina but who knows.

Tell me if you'd rather Cat and Chad in a relationship or just for maybe a chapter or three. Or if you want Trey with someone. Just comment or dm me. Most request, I'll write it into the story! :)

Have a great day / night!

𝒫𝓊𝒷𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹: 03-19-21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Way Out By em_j.west

Mystery / Thriller

432 13 11
Tori's big prom idea is now a new tradition at Hollywood Arts after last year's epic save from the attempt to sabotage of her Frienemy (Jade). Though...
355K 3.7K 64
Brittany Oliver is the younger sister of Beck Oliver. She is a very talented singer and dancer, and goes to Hollywood Arts with her brother and frien...
2.7K 65 14
Cross Posted to Fanfiction.net (IllegitimatePrincess) and AO3 (SavvyCat) Victoria Vega. At Hollywood Arts, she's the golden girl; in the popular crow...
142K 3.4K 18
(Bade) Beck & Jade x OMC Quince Gavineer boyfriend of Beck and Jade living high school with new drama that continues to happen almost every week We a...