Somewhere, Someday

By giulianarosee

She looked into the rearview mirror with nothing but never ending regrets. Sarah was lost and di... More

Authors note!!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Q and A
22
23
24
25
26
27
Trailer And Graphic!!!
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
47
48
49
50
51
•In My Veins•
In My Veins (Her Story)
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Sequel title, sneak peek, cover, and release date

12

3K 211 115
By giulianarosee

<A/N at end. It's important please read!>

Why was she drinking her life away when she still had so much of it left? Why was she being so mean? She had never been like this before. I wanted it to stop.

~~~

A drunken Harry stands in front of me. Was he worried about where I was? I mean why would he? He looked tired and worried. Harry said he didn't drink, or was that just at the party? Was he lying to me? My head was getting dizzy from all the questions I had. I really knew nothing about Harry.

"Were you drinking?" I ask Harry. I almost forget that Liam is right behind me. Maybe he knew what was going on.

"You look funny." Harry says boldly. Honestly, his comment didn't affect me, they never did. I know I should just ignore him and make Liam deal with it. But something tells me that Harry will be stubborn. Harry had a stupid little smirk plastered on his face and I couldn't but admire it. He looked like a young child, but that couldn't be farther from the truth here.

"Does he drink?'' I ask Liam since Harry is not answering me. I already knew he had been drinking tonight.

"Not recently, but he has a couple of times when he's upset." It would make sense Harry would drink when he was upset. I used to drink when I was angry, it wasn't healthy but at the time it numbed any pain.

"Liam I think I can take care of him. You don't have to stay and worry." With my mother being an alcoholic, I had a lot of practice with dealing with drunken idiots. Including myself.

"Are you sure? He can get violent sometimes when he's drunk." I've seen Harry get violent when he wasn't drunk, and I don't think he would ever harm me. I nod to give Liam reassurance and he leaves Harry and I in the living room alone.

"Where were you?" Harry asks once we are alone. I'm guessing Niall and Louis haven't come back yet.

"I was at Liam's house." I decide not to tell him about getting into the school. He was too drunk right now, and he looked like he was about to fall over.

"Doing what? You know he has a girlfriend." Harry mocks, implying that I have a crush on Liam. I didn't know it I was right, but Harry was extra rude when he was drunk.

"He got me an interview with the chancellor of the university, and it just so happened to be tonight." It sounded weird that I went to Liam's house right away to be interviewed by his soon to be step-father.

"Did you get in?" Harry asks me. I feel like he has become a lot more sober within minutes.

"Yes, I did." It still feels fake, like I didn't even have the interview. But I did and I was worth it. I was worth someone's second chance. "It was great. I mean he didn't even ask me questions that were hard to answer." He asked me questions I've always known the answer to and it felt great.

"The guy's a pushover." He didn't seem like a pushover, he just seemed nice. Why was Harry being all weird while he was drunk?

"What? You don't like him?" I say laughing. Maybe I could approach him easily if I just joked around. "Why were you drinking?" I decide to ask now since it seems as though Harry has sobered up.

"I felt like having a drink. What's the problem?" It was more than one drink and we both knew it. I'm guessing he's not going to tell me no matter what, so I might as well let it go.

"A drink? Harry you were plastered when I walked in here." His eyes went from bloodshot to crystal clear within the hour I have been here. I'm thinking he sobered up, at least I'm hoping.

"Okay so I had a couple of drinks what's the big deal?" Harry was acting like nothing was going on and I didn't like it.

"The big deal is that you told me you didn't drink, and now you do? There's a reason why people drink Harry." Everyone I ever knew had a reason to drink, my mother, Kristina, and even myself. It was just the way to numb the pain away until drugs fell into our hands. I never did them but everyone else did. I sure am hoping Harry doesn't do drugs.

"I rarely drink." Harry says only answering one of my statements. "I drank tonight because my father called." It was unraveling, who Harry was and it finally was making sense. I wanted to fix him, it was just a thing I wanted to do with everyone. I usually don't give up on people, I never will. I want someone to say to me that it was because of you that I kept on going. And I hope one day, when I feel like giving up on myself that someone out there doesn't give up on me and keeps me going. Is that so wrong?

"What happened with your father?" I hoped I wasn't crossing the line. The last thing I wanted was for Harry to yell at me again. He sits down on the couch quietly and pats the seat next to him.

"Do you ever just feel like why? Why would someone that was supposed to protect you fuck you over so badly." I could feel as though Harry was talking right about my life. I could say it over and over again that my mother was an alcoholic, but it wouldn't change her. I couldn't change her.

"Yes, all the time." I simply say. Maybe Harry and I were more alike than we thought. Harry looks me right in the eyes and I could now see a whole other life behind them. His green eyes weren't the bright piercing green, but they weren't dark either. They were just neutral and grey. "What happened?" Harry shakes his head and looks away from me.

"It's nothing I can't fix." Harry gets up just as the door opens and reveals a saddened Louis. I wonder what was on his mind.

"How was dinner?" I ask him hoping to bring his spirits up.

"It was terrible." Louis says in a sullen manner. He seemed so sad and upset unlike his usual self. I wanted to ask what was wrong, but I didn't want to push him to tell me. "Eleanor and I broke up." He says. Harry just stares at him, but I get up to comfort him.

"I'm so sorry." I hug him to comfort him, and he hugs back. I knew my hugs always came in handy when people were upset.

"It doesn't matter." I knew Louis was sad and it did matter. You never tell me that "it doesn't matter." because if it was enough to make someone cry, if it hurt them that much, then it does matter. Never think that you are insignificant or that your problems aren't important because you matter. Never act like you are okay when you aren't.

"It obviously does if you look this hurt." Louis looked as if all his dreams were just crushed. "She must've been someone great." I would've liked meeting Eleanor, she sounded nice from what Liam's told me. Liam was probably the only guy that told me anything around here.

"She was controlling as fuck." Harry says. This wasn't his time to be rude to Louis. Louis was hurt and didn't deserve any battle from Harry right now. I give Harry a death stare telling him to shut up.

"I'm going to bed. Night Sarah." Louis says and heads for his bedroom. I felt bad for him. Heartbreak was never a good thing, it was painful and hard to reverse. I used to never want to risk getting in a relationship, I knew it would only go downhill. It always does.

"Harry you didn't have to be so rude. He's hurting and that wasn't something you should've said." I say scolding Harry. I already knew he didn't care, but I still wanted to chastise him.

"Do you want me to praise her? That wouldn't have helped him either." I guess he's right in a way, but he was still way out of line. It just wasn't the right time for Harry to be cruel.

"I know, but you just have to be gentle with these kinds of things." I could never imagine Harry being gentle towards anyone.

"Why date someone when it's just going to end. No matter what." Harry scoffs and I can't help but actually agree with him. I felt like I never wanted to fall in love again after my last try. It felt hopeless and it left me hurt.

"You're right." I could almost feel Harry's eyes pop out of his head. He was probably surprised that I agreed with him on anything. "Love is just a wasteland of regrets, and empty promises." David was never in love with me, but I always wanted to believe he would fall hard eventually.

"That dick face got you hard didn't he?" Harry says referring to David. He was an awful person, but not only to me but to every girl he ever met. I felt bad sometimes that he would just string along clueless girls.

"It was complicated. I was stupid to ever think anything of that "fling" we had." I couldn't believe I was still hurt from it. I should just get over it and move on like everyone else does. It's time to stop thinking about my past that I had with him.

"Complicated means that you can't decide what you want, that he wasn't totally yours." Harry says. David was never mine, and I never really knew what I wanted when it came to him. But I knew I didn't want this to happen. "It's getting late, you should get some rest." Harry says after a couple of seconds go by.

"You're probably right." I did feel a little tired after today. I knew that the guys would be at school tomorrow all day, and I was worried about what I would all week. I knew one day I needed to meet with Mr. Lance to pick my classes, but that was the only plan I had.

"Goodnight Sarah." Harry says before walking away into his bedroom. I started fixing the blankets on the couch and making it into a comfortable bed. I'm not sure if Niall came home tonight, but I bet he's okay. I go into the bathroom and see that Harry left towels out. I've wanted to shower since I've gotten here to release my stress.

I shower and brush my teeth before going back into the living room and lying down to fall into a deep sleep.

~~~

"You need me, you'll always need me. Without me you're nothing, just a stupid whore. He says yelling at me and knocking me to the ground. I wanted him to stop, please stop.

"Let me go! Please." I plead. All I wanted was a normal life, a happy life. "Please stop." I whisper before I fall under.

~~~

Someone is shaking me when I wake up. Was I screaming? I felt as if I did from the horror of that nightmare. The nightmares that reoccur every night. "Sarah, are you okay? What happened?" Harry was sitting at the edge of the couch. I felt bad that I woke him up, but at the same time I didn't know I was doing it.

"It was just a nightmare." I want to tell him I was fine, but that wasn't the case. I was scared to fall asleep again, to fear those nightmares again.

"It happened last night too." I didn't really even know if Harry knew that happened last night. It was one of the worst nightmares I've ever had. Harry gets up off the couch and heads into the kitchen. He comes back moments later with a glass of water in hand. I drink the whole glass and feel my pulse slow down. "What was the nightmare about?" Harry asks and brings his hand to my face. It was a calming gesture, but also very different from the usual Harry.

"David was in it, and he hit me down to the ground. I don't know why it's bothering me so much." The more I wanted to forget about David the more he shows up in my mind. Harry gets up to go back to sleep and I instantly reach out to him.

"What is it?" Harry asks. I feel embarrassed to tell him I don't want to be alone. Harry walks closer to me and understands why I reached out for him. "Lie down." Harry says before lying besides me on the couch. It wasn't a warm feeling, but I felt protected. "Don't worry, it's going to be okay." Maybe it will turn out okay. Maybe I really have nothing to worry about. Someday I'll be care free living the life I always wanted to. I'd live that life with the guy I loved and everything would turn out as planned.

Hey guys, new update. Hope ya like it!

~100 reads, 15 votes, and 20 comments for the next chapter.
Ik that's big but, I realized that I'm writing these long chapters and each time less people read it.

~ Also would you guys be interested in another H.S fanfic, that takes place in the summer, and will be a short story? I'll update it in between of Somewhere, Someday! So please let me know.

~Thanks to all of the devoted readers who have always been there, I especially need you guys rn, because someone is very sick in my family.

~Sorry this was long, but I had to say some stuff. Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.7K 19
Falling for his best friend was possibly the worst thing that could ever happen to Louis. Especially when they made a promise not to do so, but Louis...
2K 47 23
Sequel to My Bandmates Girlfriends Sister! As the summer ends the boys finally go on tour. Can Becca stay faithful to Niall? Will Lexi and Liam be ab...
2.4K 35 17
Rebecca is in this very depressed mode until her best friend comes back. When she falls in love with one of his best mates all the depression is gone...
161K 3K 46
Happiness, love, engagement, marriage, lucky, baby, friends... Tears, screams, disappointment, sadness, cheating, running away, cancer, even more tea...