THE CONTRACT (The Chosen Seri...

By knightwaters

{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... ***************************************************... More

AUTHORS NOTE & CHARACTER GUIDE
LUNCH DATE
WE ARE FAMILY
BURN BABY BURN
EVEN DOVES CRY
COCK BLOCK
WHERE ARE YOU NOW
FIDO
MO THINE
BITCH PLEASE
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE
HOW TO BREAK A BOND
BUSTED
CHECKMATE
COINS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
YOU'RE A WIZARD
PAIN AT FIRST SIGHT
WANNA PLAY
DO MONSTER'S CRY
I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT
DONT HATE ME TOMORROW
LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS
A CHRISTMAS KICK IN THE BALLS
TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
BLACK HOLE
CRUZE THE NIGHT AWAY
BORN TO RUN
DANCING ON MY OWN
HOT SHOWER
STRONGER
HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
WHO'S THAT GIRL
YOUR SECRETS AND LIES
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF
SAVAGE GARDEN
TAKE MY BREATH AWAY
I NEED A HERO
THE FIRST TIME EVER IS SAW YOUR FACE
YELLOW BRICK ROAD
IF YOU JUST SMILE
I JUST CALLED TO SAY...
PRETTY WOMAN
YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
HOME SWEET HOME
MY HEART IS YOURS
HERE'S A STORY - OF A MAN NAMED BRADY
AT LAST, MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG
IT'S TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
FIGHT FOR YOU
I'LL STAND BY YOU
EPILOGUE
SNEEK PEAK

BESTIES

3.6K 252 92
By knightwaters

"Oh my goodness, both of you look absolutely stunning!" Ava gushes, rushing over and enveloping Isla and me in a tight hug.

I have to concede that the stylist did an exceptional job. In just under two hours, we were groomed, waxed, and polished to perfection. Our skin glowed with a subtle shimmer, and our hair was expertly straightened and lightly curled to achieve the flawless look. I squeeze Ava back before stepping back to admire her attire: a form-fitting black gown that showcased her stomach and cleavage, just like Isla and I, Ava is wearing the sister necklace.

"You're quite the sight yourself," I smirk, extending my hand to feel my future niece or nephew.

"Yep, no point in hiding this little monster anymore," Ava grins, chuckling when I recoil slightly, my hand detecting a solid movement under the fabric of her dress.

"Is that normal? You're, what, two months along. Should I be feeling movement already?" I press my hand closer, and indeed, there it is again—a kick.

"She-wolves carry differently than most women," Griffin interjects, a dimple forming in his cheek beneath his beard. "Erin," he says, mischief twinkling in his eyes as he uses my adopted name. "Unlike the usual nine months, Ava will carry our child for six," he explains.

"So you're in your second trimester or something. But isn't it still a bit early for movement?" I inquire, my knowledge of pregnancy limited but intrigued nonetheless.

"That's why HE is a little monster," Ava remarks fondly to her bump. "Aren't you? Yes, you are, my little Alpha."

Griffin, looking incredibly dashing in a black suit with a matching tie, his hair neatly styled, turns his attention to Isla, who stands quietly to the side. Blinking several times, he starts to say something, then pauses, exhaling deeply. "Sister, you look," Griffin's voice cracks with emotion, "like mother. Beautiful."

I turn to Isla and observe her. Her hair matches Griffin's dark brown hue, her eyes as steely as mine, reminiscent of our father's. But her petite frame, her nose, her smile—all Aisling. "Thank you, brother," Isla nods in his direction, affection evident in her tone.

"I love the color on you, Isla. Champagne pink is perfect. It really complements your coloring," Ava adds, reaching out to squeeze Griffin's hand. "Erin, well done. I would've thought you'd make her wear something black or red."

Ava's remark isn't far from the truth; I had indeed considered dressing Isla in red. "As much as I'd love to take the credit, it wasn't me."

"Isla?" Ava's eyes widen in surprise.

"No, let's just say our host is very generous," I reply, noticing Isla ducking her head, a slight blush adorning her cheeks as she avoids eye contact.

"And where's Mr. Hot Boss?" Ava inquires, scanning the room filled with overstuffed sofas in the Belle suite, her question eliciting a growl from Griffin. Turning to face her mate, Ava reaches out to cup his cheek. "My Wolf, you know you're the only man for me." I catch a flash of red in his eyes before they return to their usual steel blue.

Griffin growls again, pulling Ava against his body and burying himself in her curls, his wolf displaying its possessive nature. "Doe, if there was another, they'd be dead," he growls, his voice taking on a slightly guttural quality.

Noticing my surprise, Ava pats Griffin's chest and sighs. "Erin, meet My Wolf."

"She knows me," he replies, his eyes showing a reddish sheen. I step towards them, Griffin's chest rumbling with delight as I touch his cheek.

"Hello, old friend," I murmur, eliciting a pleased response from Griffin.

"Brother, we have company," Isla interjects, prompting Griffin's wolf to retreat and allowing Griffin to return to his usual self. Glancing at my watch, I note it's 8:15 PM. Showtime.

Grigor enters the suite moments later, requesting our presence in the study where Alexei, Damir, and Bass await. Nodding in acknowledgment, Grigor leaves, and I turn towards the exit, with the others following suit.

"Erin, can I have a moment with Isla before we join you?" Griffin asks, inclining his head towards his sister. "We'll only be a minute."

"Sure, Isla knows the way," I reply, grabbing Ava's arm. "Come on, ready to enter the viper's den?" I whisper into her ear, eliciting a chuckle in response.

Instead of passing through Alexei's room, we exit the Belle suite and head towards the study. The double doors open to reveal three very handsome, very powerful men standing together, observing our arrival.

"Bella, you're a vision," Bass purrs, his black eyes flashing with red sparks. Dressed in a white suit jacket with a black shirt, Bass stands in contrast to Damir and Alexei, who are clad in opposing attire. "And you've brought another angelo with you. This one ripe as the Virgin Mary."

"Oh, I like this one," Ava giggles, her face beaming, her comment causing Bass to almost glow with pleasure.

"Bass, I would suggest you treat Miss Hughes as holy unless you want to be dinner for her mate," Alexei smirks, his dimples appearing, and moves to take my hand, raising it to his lips in greeting.

"You can call me Ava, Mr. Mikhailov," she tells him, her voice giddy as she witnesses his affection towards me. It may look sweet, but my body can't help but cringe at the little zap of electricity that courses through my veins at the contact.

"Then call me Alexei; you're like family to Erin, so there is no need for old formalities," Alexei replies, releasing my hand, but his eyes remain on me. "You look ravishing, Princess," he murmurs, licking his lips.

"Where is my piccolo angelo?" Bass asks, looking behind us for Isla.

"Isla's with her brother. They'll be here in a sec," I reply, glancing back at Alexei, whose eyes have shifted to Ava's stomach, heat flaring behind his irises. My heart skips a beat with nervous energy, knowing that will soon be my fate.

"I presume your journey here was without trouble?" Alexei asks, his gaze shifting from Ava's stomach to her face.

"Yes, and thank you for letting us stay tonight," Ava replies, their overnight luggage now in the nursery room. Isla and I'll be sharing the master tonight.

"It is my pleasure, Ava."

We continue with polite conversation for the next five minutes, discussing the evening plans and the time for speeches. Alexei pauses mid-sentence when Griffin and Isla enter.

The fine hairs on the back of my neck stand at their presence, and I immediately notice the energy shift. Turning to look at my siblings, I can see that Griffin is in Alpha mode, eyes red, his wolf sizing the men up, and settling on Alexei.

Like all egocentric males, Alexei and Bass join the party, energy flashing behind their eyes, and they do not hide that they are both equally powerful. The air becomes thicker, almost to the point of choking at their potency. It's like a silent game of who's dick is bigger. Only Damir seems to be holding back, a slight frown on his face as he watches the others.

My mouth falls open slightly when, for the first time, I truly see it. Griffin's wolf and the power that my brother possesses are off the charts. I hold my breath, waiting to see what he will do.

Thankfully, I don't have to wait long as Grigor interrupts the male energy pissing contest, leading a very blond, very energetic, very non-formal Bunny into the room.

Dressed in a bright blue suit, Shay doesn't bother waiting to be introduced and rushes directly towards Isla, sweeping her into his arms and twirling her around. Not giving a damn about who's in the room, he puts her down and kisses her on the head. "Trouble, you look." He doesn't finish that sentence when he notices all eyes on him.

"Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" Shay beams, winking at Ava and me, then looking back at Isla. "So, what did I miss?" When nobody responds, the other men, not versed in dealing with the whirlwind that is Bunny, remain silent. Shay tilts his head and sniffs, his forehead crinkling as he turns to Griffin. "Bossman, tone down the Alpha; we all know you're strong, and no one is here to steal your mate."

I mentally kick myself when I realize that Shay is addressing Griffin's wolf, attempting to defuse the situation, knowing that the Alpha is present because of me. Excellent cover, my Bunny.

"Anyway, for those who don't know, I'm Shay," he singsong, placing a hand over one of his massive biceps and just above his heart. "Beta to the big guy over there and this year's playgirl wolf," he jokes, putting on his best pouty face pose.

With Bass and Alexei's attention now on Shay, I can see that Bass is sizing up the competition for Isla's affection, my sister still tucked into Shay. And Alexie, his face blank, but there is a calculation in his eyes. Damir breaks the silence, brushing past Alexei and reaching out a hand to Shay in welcome.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Shay. I am Damir, Alexei's Beta, as you so fluently put it," Damir replies, his accent thick but warm as they size each other up.

Shay reaches out and takes Damir's gloved hand in a firm grip, shaking it, then pulling him in for a quick hug. "Awww, we're the same," Shay gushes, releasing Damir, then adds, "besties."

I burst out laughing. Leave it to Shay to change the atmosphere, the energy in the room reducing to a comfortable level. "Hey Tiger, Bambi, you also look smoking," Shay continues, turning away from Damir and moving towards Griffin, his hand still wrapped around Isla. Protectively... Interesting...

When he's beside Griffin, Isla safely tucked between them, Shay adds, "conversational bunch, aren't you all."

Snapping himself out of whatever he was thinking, Alexei clears his throat. "Apologies, gentlemen. It has been a while since I have been in the presence of a Pure Alpha. I almost forgot their strength," Alexei says, shaking his head and putting on a slight smile that does not quite meet his eyes. "I'm Alexander Mikhailov, this is Sebastian Marchetti," he adds, inclining a hand to Bass, who is still watching Isla like a hawk. "I welcome you all to the Manor."

Keeping up with his hosting duties, Alexei inclines his head towards the door, "I believe it time for us to join our other guests."

*********************************************

"Just breathe," I whisper into Isla's ear, her hand wrapped tightly around mine as we make our way down the grand staircase and into the crowd.

"So many people," Isla murmurs in response, drawing a snort from Shay, who is standing on her opposite side.

"Trouble, just picture them naked," Shay nudges her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her against him. "Take the old couple over there," he inclines his head to an elder warlock and his wife, "just think of all their jiggly bits."

"Shay Brady," Ava admonishes, walking just in front of us.

"Hey, I never said jiggly bits were not sexy. When I am older, I can't wait to touch my mate's boobs and her pussy at the same time. I mean, they will be in the same location."

It's my turn to snort with laughter, this time drawing the not-too-happy attention of Alexei, who tightens his jaw and inclines his head for me to come closer. Releasing Isla, I take an additional two steps until I'm by his side. "Damir, Bass, and I will be offering our pleasantries to the other leaders. Why don't you and your," he pauses and glances over his shoulder at my family. "Friends, go make yourselves comfortable until..."

Ignoring my obvious conversation with Alexei, Shay pushes past us, dragging a silent Isla with him, and points towards a massive table laden with all kinds of delicacies. "Gimme, gimme, gimme. Daddy's coming, my little food babies."

Giggling behind him, Ava gives us an apologetic shrug and follows Shay, leading a sullen Griffin behind her.

"Later then," I state, knowing that was what Alexei was going to say. Alexei sighs, his eyes on my family, and nods, his actions spurring me to turn and follow Shay and his stomach.

**************************************************

"Why does everyone here look like they're in desperate need of fun? Does your community not know what an orgasm is?" Shay jokes around a mouthful of sushi.

I tap a painted nail to my chin in thought, "orgasm, is that some type of green juice?"

Shay swallows his food then leans forward, a serious expression on his face. "Well, if it comes out green, then I'm not sure if they are doing it right. I've seen clear, milky with a tinge of yellow and, on some occasions, pink. But never green."

I quirk a brow, "pink?"

Leaning back in his chair, Shay's face turns almost feral. "Do not answer that," Griffin growls, his tone guttural, his wolf just below the surface.

"Calm down, My Wolf," Ava runs a hand through his hair. "We're safe."

Griffin's beast has been on edge for most of the evening, his eyes glowing red on occasion when an elemental or another member of the community gets too close. Thankfully Alexei has stayed away, however on several occasions, I've noticed him watching us. On one occasion, when I saw him looking at Shay, Bunny, being the smart ass he is, blew him a kiss.

"Spoilsport," Shay pouts, tapping his fingers on the table, "still these people need some FUN!"

"That's because no one is dancing yet," Stephan replies, coming up behind us, he and Gerald sneaking over to our table and joining our little group. I grin; both men wear matching red suits; however, Stephan has nothing underneath his jacket, his firm chest on display.

Stephan's right; generally, by now, some intoxicated elemental or shifter makes the first move on the dance floor, which is currently empty.

"It might have something to do with the music," I reply and stand, drawing them both into a group hug. From the corner of my eye, I see Isla scratch gently behind her ear before Shay climbs out of his chair and excuses himself telling the table he will be right back.

"How are you, little one?" Gerald asks, his voice, even though light, is tinged with concern.

"You know. Living the dream," I reply and step back to allow Ava into our embrace.

"Oh, Ava darling, look at you." Gerald gushes, immediately reaching out to touch her baby bump, but pausing, his eyes asking permission. Ava laughs and grabs his hand, placing it on her little Alpha. Geralds eyes immediately glaze then brighten as he smiles back at Ava, "he is going to be a powerful one. Just like his daddy."

Griffin, listening closely to the conversation, almost chokes on his beer as he focuses on Gerald, his eyes returning to his steel blue.

"Don't mind him," Stephan teases, grinning at my brother, "he has a radar for strong men." I laugh when I see Griffin ears pink but smile politely in return, his wolf obviously accepting their company. Stephan shifting his attention to my sister, places a hand on his hips. "My little gem. It's good to see you again. Have you thought more about my offer?"

I watch Isla shake her head, Griffin's eyes now focussing on hers, "well, I would look out for Dom. He's determined to hunt you down tonight."

Isla licks her lips and goes to respond but stops when a bouncing Bunny returns a wicked smile on his face.

"What did you do?" Ava asks, and I can see the mischief in his eyes.

"Just a little something-something to liven up this party." I turn around to see what he could have possibly done. But there's nothing out of the ordinary. Alexei is chatting with his uncle. Damir is with Jai and one of the new bloods, whose name I cannot remember. And Bass, I shiver when I see that he is standing close to Riam.

Before I can ask him what, the classical music ends, and the lights dim. Moving towards Isla, Shay not too gently grabs her arm and winks, "Showtime, Trouble."

******************************************

Evening Readers...

So I have been advised by Galatea that I can keep posting until they have edited THE CLAIMING and are ready to post...

This gives me a week or two to keep working.

I am almost at the end of what I have written so far, so my posts might slow until I can ensure the content is accurate.

ANYWHO - enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 520 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
85.8K 1.8K 32
I walked out of the bathroom and felt a presence behind me. I turned around and I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist and slammed me into the...
106K 1.9K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
136K 9.2K 54
{MATURE +18} One step ahead of you. Stay in motion, keep an open mind. I've studied. I'm ready. The pieces on the board keep moving. But I've practic...