it ends with august

By lilxnana

-- Estella Athena Knight. Always have been a special girl, she attracts the attention of the mafia king in a... More

h o w d y
A e s t h e t i c s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l e v e
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y- t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y- s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
e p i l o g u e

t h i r t e e n

5.8K 152 21
By lilxnana

Intuition.

I could hear the monitor beeping as I floated to the surface of my slumber. I could hear the voices bounce off my skull. They sounded so far but yet so close.

"I'm starting to think she's dead." The voice was deep and settle and a male. I moved some inch of my body but stayed stilled as possible as He mumbles, "maybe I should poke her."

"You've been poking her for the past forty-eight hours." Another voice resonate, this voice was light and soft and a girl. "And I think if you poke her again, he will bite you, again."

"Look I'm just saying, she looks dead," The deep voice says in defense, I could pictures a blank face just holding his hands up.

"And you look like your mother should have swallowed you," As became fully awake the voices became so familiar.

I couldn't help to laugh softly as I sit up, my body was aching.

I open my eyes and pushed myself up as I stare at Spencer and Hayes. Spencer jumps back with a small yelp and hid behind Hayes looking at me.

Hayes walked over to me and poked my cheek, I grabbed his finger and he says, "you're alive!"

"I shouldn't be," I mumbled dropping his hand, flashes of how that mission took place went through my head.

"Don't say that, be happy." Hayes smiled, I think he's a serial killer on crack.

Spencer rolled her eyes and stare down at me before speaking, "she's right, she killed four agents and Nico Collin. You should be at your reserved spot in hell."

"What the hell happened?" Spencer questions me, I could hear how worried she was in her tone.

"Nothing." I shrugged, starting to get out the bed. Only to be pushed back down by blondie.

"Stop lying, four agents and a dead boss plus you laying on the street nearly bleeding out isn't nothing."

I sighed heavily, my attention turned towards the door as August walks in. I'm guessing my reason being here is him.

He stare down at me but didn't say anything, I couldn't even read his expression.

"Estella," Spencer calls me, making me look back at her. Oh, right we were having a one-sided conversation.

"I was on a mission." I shrugged my shoulders, It wasn't a lie either.

"All your mission goes through him," she pointed at August, "so what are you not telling me."

I looked up at August just to find him already staring at me.

"Get out," August says suddenly, he never looked away from me as Hayes and Spencer looked at him with curious eyes.

They didn't even question him, they just left. His authority goes so far if I was scared of
Him I might even listen to him.

Who am I'm kidding?

"What? You wanna embarrassed me in private, bud." I question him a hint of playfulness in my tone.

Rolling his eyes he stepped closer to the bed, I now noticed I was in a room that is not my own and now I'm guessing I'm at his house.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, I looked away from him not being able to stare at him for too long.

"Stop asking me that." I shake my head, every time he says those words it's like he cares.

"How can I not? You could've died." I looked back at him as the words left his mouth.

"What do you care? You're the last person who would care if I died." I remarked angrily, he's taken back by my words and the way he looked at me made me regret saying them.

"You don't know shit." He shakes his head, I could see he's holding back words and I want him to say them.

"What were you thinking?" He questioned me, I don't know, as much as I hate my father he has this hold on me.

"I don't know, August, what do you want me to say?" I intake a deep breath. "You were right? If so then, congratulations because once again you were right."

I clenched and unclenched my fits as he didn't say anything, I forced myself to look at him to see if he's holding this pride look on his face.

August scoffed, "do you think I care if I was right? I care if your okay."

Now I was the one scoffing, "why?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, his single glance making me feel hot.

His eyes travel from my eyes to my lips, licking my lips he looked back at my eyes with dark eyes he says. "Don't ask questions you know you are not ready for."

I couldn't answer, my body was hot I looked away from him and tried to get out of the bed, "you need to sit down," August grumbled, pushing me back into the bed.

I have broken ribs, and my stomach was sliced. I just love my life.

"you don't tell me what to do," I remarked, I go to get out of the bed again only for him to shove me again.

"you wouldn't be like this," he looks me up and down shaking his head, " if you listen to me."

I forced out a sarcastic laugh making him crock an eyebrow at me," I already admitted you were right, what more do you want from me?"

"oh right, you don't know, you're just a sadist bastard." I gritted, his eyes narrowed on me, I stood from the bed.

"and what are you? daddy's girl, following every single order always on his tight leash." August replies, he unbuttoned the top button on his shirt.

"you are not making this about me!" I shouted, he lets out a deep deadly laugh, "it's always been about you."

"no! it's always been about you, everything you do is only for yourself," I shouted, I could feel a vein popping in my forehead.

he laughed again stepping closer to me, "you're so naive you can't even see the bigger picture, your father has you so blinded you think everyone is out to get you."

a pause taking in his words but he didn't stop, "the man has ruined your entire life and you still sit and defend him being his little dog, even after he did this to you!" he motion down to the state I was in.

"im not defending him! you have no idea what he's done to me, my mother, I have every right to hate him, just as much as I have every right to hate you." my voice cracked mid-sentence but I refuse to cry in front of him.

"im, not your enemy, Athena," August grits, like he hated the words that just left my mouth, and truthfully, I didn't like them either.

"your actions speak louder than your words," I admit, I didn't even notice how close I was to him.

I turn and walked away from him, "don't you dare walk away from me Athena, we're not done here."

I turn around with a flash and pointed my finger at him, "I should've walked away from you ages ago!"

August stumbles back as my words hit him like a truck, he shook his head walking closer to me, "I should be saying the same thing,"

rolling my eyes I go to walk away, I could hear his heavy footsteps following me, "why don't you just leave me alone then,"

I whip around looking at him, he was right in front of my face, I could smell his minty breath.

"I can't, and you know why," he admitted, his bright eyes darken so much, I could see his eye twitching.

I know why, and I know I can't either.

we stare at each other his eyes traveling all over my face and I only looked at his eyes, I broke away from his stare and moved towards the door, as I opened the door hayes spencer and Zeus,  scattered away from the door.

"We didn't hear anything," hayes smiled sheepishly, rolling my eyes I walked away from them all.

This took me so long, just for it to be short.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...
376K 8.5K 54
When Isabella Pierce has to live in Spain for one month with the rival gang, she never expected to get involved with the handsome, irresistible son o...
456K 16.4K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...
56K 807 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...