LOVE OF VENGEANCE [ A Mafia R...

Par _rayna_howards_

"Listen to me, Mr Martinelli. I am not going to be yours. And I mean it..." Nandita shouted at top of her voi... Plus

Copyright
Characters [ Part - 1]
Characters [ Part - 2]
Characters [Part - 3]
Characters [Part - 4]
Author's note
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Chapter - 54
Chapter - 55
Chapter - 56
Chapter - 57
Chapter - 58
Chapter - 59
Chapter - 60
Chapter - 61
Chapter - 62
Chapter - 63
Chapter - 64
Chapter - 65
Chapter -66
Chapter - 67
Chapter - 68
Chapter - 69
Chapter - 70
Chapter - 71
Chapter - 72
Chapter - 72
Chapter - 73
Chapter - 74
Chapter - 75
Chapter - 76
Chapter - 77
Chapter - 78
Chapter - 79
Chapter - 80
Chapter - 81
Chapter - 82
Chapter - 83
Chapter - 84
Chapter - 85
Chapter - 86

Chapter - 42

1K 58 24
Par _rayna_howards_

One week later

One thing happened in the previous week. I started working at City Hospital as a Neurosurgeon. Started taking classes for the interns but not regularly. Unlike my previous interns, they seem to be more studious and are scared of the HOD.

He is a strict person and does not tolerate irresponsibility. He was there to interview me but due to my luck, he decided to choose me. I talked little with my colleagues because most of the time we got busy with our patients.

Rohit's practical examination started. So he is busy with it. Masi took me to her Dance Academy days ago. A wonderful place with amazing students. I liked how each interacted with Masi and with the seniors and juniors. There were overall 10 batches at present.

After the revelation, Harshad gradually started to share the day to day happenings in his company. I even shared mine but still, we kept a distance between us. He got me a new car and hired a driver for me. But I told him that I want to learn to drive. He said he will help me with this later.

I met Harshad's personal assistant, Aman. He called me madam at first but I insisted him to call me by my name because we are of the same age. Reluctantly he agreed and Harshad didn't say anything about this.

One evening I came back from work and spotted Harshad's car on the porch. I got surprised because he won't come before 7 pm. But today he came back early. I immediately went to my room and saw him on the bed under the blanket.

“Harshad you okay?" I asked moving towards him.

No response! I slowly pulled off the blanket. He was taking a nap but he was breathing through his mouth. I gently touched his forehead and my assumption was correct. He is having a high fever.

“Harshad!" I called him again. He slowly opened his eyes.

“Hi, Nandita. Um... stay away. I am not well."

“Yeah. I can understand. You are having high temperature."

“That's why I told you to stay away!"

I sighed and sat beside him. “Look I am a doctor. I won't stay away from you."

“But you are a neurosurgeon."

“So what? I had completed my MBBS. I know how to take care of a sick person. So I will be taking care of you and don't refuse. I will not obey. Clear?"

“Oh, God!" He sighed deeply.

I walked over to my closet and took a paracetamol tablet. I gave it to him and he had it. I went down and made hot coffee and told the maid to cook something light for him. I made him have the coffee. I switched on the heater and told Harshad to take bath.

I think he clearly understood that I will not back off. So he obeyed me with retorting back to my orders. Masi came to check on him and I assured her that I will do the needful. I asked my driver to get medicines which I priscribed and he bought them immediately.

Harshad didn't want to eat much but due to my insistence, he ate well and had his medicines. Before going to bed I checked his temperature. It was not too high but wasn't near the normal range. I sighed and he drifted off to sleep within minutes. I occupied the sofa after covering him with the blanket.

*****

I woke up hearing Harshad's voice from the bathroom. I quickly got up from the sofa and sauntered towards the bathroom and saw Harshad throwing up. I went and rubbed his back. He looked pale.

“Hey, I will take you to the hospital. You are not at all well."

“No... I don't want to---"

“No refusing! Are you done?"

“Yeah." I helped him back to bed. He rested his body and I went to inform his driver to get ready with the car.

When the driver was ready, I took Harshad down. He didn't have much energy to walk so I supported him. He got into the car and I told the maid to inform Masi and Rohit. The time was half-past two. So I thought of not disturbing them. I got inside the car and Harshad rested his head on my lap.

“Let's go to City Hospital."

“Okay, madam."

I felt pain all over my body. I felt tired. I opened my eyes and realised that I was inside the casualty. A nurse was standing few metres away. I tried to get up.

“Sir, you awake? Wait I will call the doctor." The nurse went to inform the doctor. She came back followed by duty doctor and Nandita.

“Hey, Harshad." She held my hand.

"Mr Ahuja, how are you feeling now?"

“I am tired doctor. And I am having body pain. I am becoming weak."

“Relax. Your temperature was high. Your blood test was done and the results showed that you are having viral fever. Don't worry you will be okay. You need to be admitted for some days till you recover."

“Doctor I don't want that---"

“No Harshad. You will be okay. We can go back soon." Nandita interrupted me. This girl!

“Nandita please..."

“No! This time you will not say anything." The doctor chuckled softly hearing her.

“Doctor I think it's better if he gets shifted to a room. It will be more comfortable."

“Yes, doctor. I understand. Just come with me to do the formalities."

Nandita glanced at me and went with the doctor. I huffed in annoyance. I am trapped!

*****

“Harshad beta! You okay now?"

I woke up from my nap and was surprised to see her in the room. Rohit was also present. But I didn't see Nandita.

“Masi, why are you here? I am having viral fever. Stay away!"

“Don't try to stop me, child!"

I glanced at Rohit who had a concerned look on his face. “Bhaiya how are you now?"

“Quite okay. But still feeling tired and this body pain is irritating me."

“You will be fine. I got a call from Nandita in the morning telling that you are admitted here. When we came, you were sleeping. So we thought not to call you and Nandita updated about your condition." Masi said.

“But where is she?" I asked.

“Bhabhi was called by her senior doctor. So she went to see him."

“Fine. Now both of you leave. Otherwise, you will be affected." I looked at Rohit. “Your exams are going on. So leave with Masi. Now!"

Just then the door opened and Nandita appeared. Masi walked towards her. “Is everything okay beta?"

“Yeah. Sir called me to ask about one patient."

“Nandita tell them to leave."

“Why are so rude?" Rohit asked. He sounded annoyed.

“Um... Rohit, Masi. You should leave. Because it's not good to stay in an infected room. You both can meet him tomorrow. I am here to look after him." She said. Masi agreed and told me to have my food and medicines on time. I nodded.

“Nandita beta. You need to check whether he obeys what I asked him to do. Promise me that you will scold him if he disobeys. Okay?"

Nandita let out a soft chuckle and said to Masi that she will do as per the doctor's instruction. Masi and Rohit stepped out of the room. Nandita went with them and came back after they left.

She came and stood beside me with a small smile on her lips. “Do you want to rest your head on my palm?"

“No... Why?"

“Because Rohit informed me that you used to sleep resting your head on your mom's palm whenever you had fever. So if that makes you comfortable, you can sleep in that way." She said placing her hand near to my face.

I stared at her eyes which showed concern and a smile crept on my lips when I remembering myself sleeping on mom beside me. I lifted my head a little and Nandita placed her palm under and I slowly rested my head. She pulled the stool towards her sat on it. We stared at each other smiling before sleep consumed me.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞Will this caring side of her make him fall for her?

☞So our hero is now having fever. Please pray for his speedy recovery.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

735K 37.7K 46
"Mom i told you na ! I don't wanna get married . Be honest what do I lack . I have money , family, house, and a car . But all you want is for me to...
473K 23.2K 63
For her, he is the light of her life. She never thought of leaving him. But unknowingly they got into a fight. He went out leaving her alone in the h...
208K 10.3K 62
"How dare you crash into my car?" roared a voice, his voice. This man he doesn't even have some manners to help others. He is shouting at me when I a...
996K 16.7K 65
[Semi Edited ] Previously Know As 'Adoration' Book One In The Russo Series "So fucking tight" he praised backing up looking at my body as he thumbs m...