LOVE OF VENGEANCE [ A Mafia R...

By _rayna_howards_

Nandita Khanna is a young doctor who lives a simple life. She is a determined, strong and independent woman... More

Copyright
Characters [ Part - 1]
Characters [ Part - 2]
Characters [Part - 3]
Characters [Part - 4]
Author's note
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Chapter - 54
Chapter - 55
Chapter - 56
Chapter - 57
Chapter - 58
Chapter - 59
Chapter - 60
Chapter - 61
Chapter - 62
Chapter - 63
Chapter - 64
Chapter - 65
Chapter -66
Chapter - 67
Chapter - 68
Chapter - 69
Chapter - 70
Chapter - 71
Chapter - 72
Chapter - 72
Chapter - 73
Chapter - 74
Chapter - 75
Chapter - 76
Chapter - 77
Chapter - 78
Chapter - 79
Chapter - 80
Chapter - 81
Chapter - 82
Chapter - 83
Chapter - 84
Chapter - 85
Chapter - 86
Chapter - 87
Chapter - 88

Chapter - 39

1.2K 57 42
By _rayna_howards_

“And Muskaan didn't speak to him for the next two days." I was about to enter my house but stopped when I heard Rohit mentioning the name.

Damn it! Why did he bring up her name? This boy will get a nice gift from me. I huffed and entered the living room. Nandita and Rohit looked up at me.

“Hey. How was your day?" Nandita suddenly asked.

“Good. I got the issue solved."

“Oh! good. Um... I was listening to the pranks you did to your cousin."

I got embarrassed. “Oh! That was years back."

“Okay. But I can't think a person like you will trouble his cousin this much." She giggled and I glared at Rohit.

“What bhaiya? She should know that you were a prankster in your teenage."

“Look Nandita I feel embarrassed thinking about it now. That time I took small revenge on Muskaan for spoiling my dress. Don't take it seriously."

“Hey calm down. I won't." I sighed and went to my room gesturing Nandita to follow me.

“So how was your day with my naughty brother?"

“Frankly speaking, I thoroughly enjoyed his company. He showed me all corners of this house and shared your past moments with your parents and cousins. But this Muskaan part was hilarious. Did you apologize?"

“Yeah. We apologised later and now she is married and has a son."

“Rohit told me that. But it's nice know? To have beautiful memories about spending the days with your cousins."

“You are right! But when we all grew up and went to pursue our aim, we lost some contacts."

I heard her sigh. Does she miss her family and cousins like me? Obviously. That's clear on her face.

“Go freshen up. I will bring you coffee."

“Wait Nandita. Don't you wanna see the surprises?"

“Yeah, I want to. But first, you do what I said."

“Okay. I will come. Just 10 minutes." She nodded and left the room.

I called my driver to bring her surprise to my room. And I am sure Nandita won't be expecting this. I had a bath and went down to have coffee. Nandita wasn't there so the maid served me. Minutes later I saw her coming.

“I got a call from Daksh. He is going back today."

“Really? I thought they will be staying for some more days."

“They planned that but cancelled it abruptly. So chachu and chachi are also going."

She glanced at her hands sadly. That instant, I saw my driver entering the house with a box. I looked at Nandita and gestured him to go with it to my room. After he went, I gulped down the coffee and exhaled sharply.

“Nandita I will come now," I said and went out. Later I saw my driver coming out.

“Rajeev, I told you to keep it inside few minutes before right?"

“Yes sir, but madam was present here when I was about to bring it. So I waited for her to go."

“Fine. Did you keep that brochure inside?"

“Yes sir!"

“Good. Then you can go." Rajeev went and I sauntered inside. Nandita was still there.

“I think Masi will be late."

“Yeah. She texted me telling that. Have you seen this friend?"

“Yeah. They used to take dance classes together. Even after her marriage also, they kept contacting each other. Now she is ill. I have only seen few times."

For some seconds we didn't talk. And then she thought of the surprise. “So can I see the surprises awaiting me?"

“Yeah. Follow me!" She chuckled and we went to our room.

The moment we stepped inside, her eyes fell on the box on the bed. She looked at me with a little excitement and went near it. I gestured her to open and she slowly opened it and cupped her mouth out of happiness.

“My God! Guitar!" If I wasn't present there, then she would have jumped out of excitement. “I--- I can't believe this. You--- you bought me one!"

“You said that day know. That you love to play the guitar."

“Yeah. I felt guilty for destroying mine after the fight with my parents. But when I was back, I didn't get the mood to buy one. But this..." She paused and embraced it. I smiled seeing the happiness on her face.

“Another surprise is also there?" I said pointing towards the brochure.

With a perplexed look, she took it and opened it. The happiness returned to her face and looked at me smiling brightly. “I don't know how to thank you for this?"

“That's not needed. You should start working. I know how much you love your job. The director of this hospital was my father's acquaintance. His name is Dr Devnandan. I contacted him and informed everything. He is a nice man. He said you can join whenever you wish to."

“But do I have to join soon?"

“What's the problem with that? Rohit will be studying most of the time and Masi will be going to her dance academy. So you will feel alone. So if you wish to join soon, tell me. I will inform the director. They will conduct an interview."

“Okay. I will decide and let you know." She mumbled and glanced back at the brochure.

“City Hospital is the best multi-speciality hospital. They provide us with good treatment and the staff is also treated well."

Why am I describing this to her? It's written in the brochure, right?

“Just go through it."

“Thank you so much Harshad. The guitar is an unexpected surprise."

“I know you didn't expect. But I will accept your thank you only if you play it for us."

“I will do it. Definitely!"

She smiled and stared at the guitar. Then she found a place for it and I stepped out of the room to attend a call. It was from Nakul. “Hey, Nakul. How do you do?"

“I am fine. How are you and Nandita?"

“We are good. Did your uncle and aunt leave?"

“Yes. Pappa and Abhinav bhaiya went to drop them. All okay right?"

“Trust me Nakul. Nandita is fine. She was having a great time with Rohit. And he is happy to have her."

“I am happy to hear this. After all Rohit can approach her to persuade you to do something for him right?"

I laughed and agreed. “He misses mom and dad a lot. So he will confide in Nandita from here on. I told you know that he was the one who pestered me to get him a bhabhi." Nakul laughed and just then I saw Nandita. "It's Nakul. Wanna talk?"

She nodded and I handed her the phone. I saw her getting emotional. “Buddy!--- I am fine--- I thought to call you after dinner--- ok--- yeah--- of course he is adorable and funny--- yeah I will--- Bye." She hung up.

“So is your buddy happy now?"

“Yeah. And me too... You made me happy with this." She said glancing at the guitar.

*****

Hey guys

☞How was the chapter?

☞Did you like the interaction between them? And the surprises?

╰ Thank you so much, guys. LOVE OF VENGEANCE received more than 10k reads and 1k votes. I can't believe that this book is getting this much love and support. Once again a big thank you ❤️♥️ ╯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 19.7K 42
Agastya Singhania, well known leader of phoenix mafia gang and man of his words. He is known for his punctuality and strict adherence to routines. He...
1.2M 47.9K 49
"Don't you dare think that I will ever say yes to marry you because today I will tell my parents that I don't want to marry you" I said smirking and...
98.2K 9.8K 38
you know no that today is our wedding night and If I want, I can do anything with you, my dear wife." She looks at him angrily at his words. " Well...
425K 7.7K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...