City Lights \ Derek Hale

By aIive_

"I'm sexy and you're not." "Did your mom tell you that?" "Shut up Hale." - Troublesome Shay Finstock moves t... More

City Lights \ Derek Hale
Prologue- Living with Coach
Chapter 1- Bitches be Like Rawr
Chapter 2- Gummy Gummy Gummy Bears
Chapter 3- Hella Fine
Chapter 4- Kurt Cobain? Nah, man, Kurt Finstock.
Chapter 5- Danny Boy, Hiya.
Chapter 6- JESUS CHRIST KURT
Chapter 7- But I Wuv Peter's Shirt
Chapter 8- Fine.
Chapter 9- Imaginary Detective Friends
Chapter 10- Werewolf Rescue Team
Chapter 11- Perfect Tragedy.
Chapter 12- Bruuuuuuh
Chapter 13- Answer
Chapter 14- Teenager.
Chpater 15- Take It Back.
Chapter 16- Take Away For Sadness.
Chapter 17- City Lights
Chapter 18- Come Back To Me, Love
Chapter 19- It's Okay
Chapter 21- Noses vs. Shay: 0:2
Chapter 22- Crazy Puppy
Chapter 23- Wisdom Tooth
Chapter 24- Baby in Two Months
Chapter 25- It's Okay Again
Chapter 26- It's Perfect
Chapter 27- First Love
Epilogue: Feels Like Home
After
REWRITE

Chapter 20- Zombies Melt in Water

9.5K 260 78
By aIive_

Derek was amazed by my ability to be annoying even when I am stuck in bed and the remote is in Scott's hands and Scott was in his house.

"How?"

"You left it on MTV, what are you expecting?" I scoffed.

"That you'd rest."

"Why?" I wondered, looking away as Catfish started.

"You're after a surgery," he stated, taking my blanket and throwing it over my head. "Sleep a bit."

"Fine," I grumbled, "I watched all of Catfish's episodes anyway." I glanced back at the TV as Derek stood up to turn it off, "no! Hold on! It's Derek and Lauren! It's the best episode!"

"Shay," he warned.

"Sit down and just watch it."

He obeyed, but instead of returning to his chair he squeezed in next to me. Derek glanced at my phone, that rested on a chair.

"How come your parents don't call?" he wondered, "they haven't seen you for days."

"They're used to it," I told him, "but shush." I turned back to watch the TV when Derek suddenly covered my eyes. "What?" I hissed.

"Why are they used to it?"

"Because I the whole time after Dylan died I couldn't stay at one place too much," I said simply, trying to swat his hands away. "They assume the habit stuck. It kinda did. But let me watch!" I whined.

He took his hands off, and I turned to the TV once more.

Nev and Max came around to meet Lauren and Mason by the time Derek spoke again, "do you ever wonder what's going on in his head when he writes Patrick Star?"

"Who even writes it?"

"I dunno, not the guy who just writes Spongebob?"

"Stephan Hillenburg?"

"Yeah." We sat in silence for a while more before he turned back to me. "Wanna check?"

"Okay," I shrugged, snatching my phone away from him, only for him to take it back. He typed in Patrick Star and wouldn't let me read what he found.

"So?" I asked once he put the phone down.

"As far as I read Hillenburg created him but your phone's dead." He smiled at me, making me glare.

"My parents will call at a certain point."

"Scott and Stiles went to tell them," Derek informed me making me stare at him.

"YOU FUCKING DUMBASS, BOBBY'S HOME!"

"So?"

"He hates Stiles and Scott," I poked his chest.

"Ow," he whined.

I smiled at him, curling closer to him, "you ass, because of you I missed most of the episode," I whispered, and he laughed, squeezing me closer. The hospital bed was obviously too small, but somehow we managed to leave some space.

"If it's your way--"

"SHAY!" a voice barked, and I pushed Derek off the bed, making him fall to the floor.

"What the--" he asked, looking up as I greeted my Uncle with a smile.

"What's up Bobs?" I asked. "Where's mom and Dad?"

"What the hell are you doing in a--" he paused, looking at Derek, who was still on the floor. Bobby looked him over, "who is that? What's he doing here? And why you on the floor?"

"I'm Derek." He said simply as though it explains everything and Bobby raised an eyebrow.

"This is Derek, he's my friend and he's on the floor because he laughed so hard at my love for Max's gray hair."

"Max from Catfish?" Bobby asked, making me nod. He turned around, "oh, it's Derek and Lauren! Isn't it your favourite?"

"Yeah," I smiled, and Derek finally stood up. Bobby sat on the chair and Derek awkwardly sat down next to me on the bed.

Bobby glared at how close we were.

"He's your friend?"

"Yeah."

"Best friend."

"Really close."

"We finish each other sandwiches."

"That's what I was gonna say."

"See?"

"Amazing."

"Best friends."

"Yup."

Derek and I stopped rambling and Bobby looked between the two of us. "About time you get another boyfriend."

"No."

"Best friends."

"Sandwiches."

"Yeah."

"Shay," Bobby silenced me, "I know you better than you think. Your parents may believe stuff like that, but I don't. You can stop rumbling."

"Yeah, okay," I sighed, leaning my head on Derek's shoulder, who willingly allowed me to and wrapped an arm around me. "So where's dad? And mom?"

Booby eyed Derek's arm, "your dad wasn't home, he took Kurt out. He's really pissed at you for doing this again, bringing a dog and leaving him to take care of it." I stayed silent, "I left him a note telling him you're in the hospital and I have no idea where your mom is."

"She's been home lately?"

"Yes, everything's cool."

"How cool?"

"I heard them twice this week; They're good."

"Ew." I waved him off, "okay, did you call her?"

"I don't have her phone number."

"How come?"

"I just don't."

"Weird," I shrugged. "Give me your phone," he obeyed, handing me his phone. I entered the number, handing it back to him. "There, call her."

He did, "hello? Yeah, it's Bobby. What, no, your brother- in- law." He stayed silent for a moment, "no, Shay is in the hospital." Derek and Bobby cringed visibly.

"Oh God, your mother is loud," Derek whispered to me.

"She's on her way," Bobby announced. "She is crazy, I'm telling you," he added to Derek. "Luckily, Shay got my character."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"Shut up."

"Go eat a chopped liver."

"That's racist," I told him, lacking a better answer.

"Your mom's racist."

"Am I interrupting anything?" A familiar voice asked.

"Ethan," I started, and tried standing up when pain shot through my body. Derek grabbed my arms, supporting me. Bitch- hole.

"Hey, I just, uh," he glanced at Bobby, "decided to stop by and say goodbye."

"Goodbye?" Bobby shot at him. "As in 'I'm not going to play Lacrosse for the team' goodbye or another kind of goodbye?"

"I don't feel comfortable answering this answer," Ethan said uncertainly.

"Back off Bobs," I warned him.

"What? No, I need you for my team."

"How about we go and buy Shay a dinner?" Derek offered to Bobby.

"It's noon."

"Whatever, come on," Derek announced, and Bobby followed, awkwardly looking at Ethan the whole time.

It felt weird, because I never really had a deep meaningful conversation with either of the twins, and Ethan obviously felt it as well, sitting down on the bed.

"Shay," he warned in a whisper. "Something around you smells weird. Be careful."

I glanced at the window, where Dylan was sitting.

Could it be that he smelled it? Creepy.

"Thanks Ethan," I smiled. "I'm gonna miss you. You were a nice sight," he laughed, looking at me for just a moment.

"We should've talked more."

"That's what everyone tell me, I think it says something about how great I am," I smirked.

"I hope to see you again if I gotta be honest," Ethan said. "Well then, I think I gotta leave before Coach's back so..." he cleared his throat. "I bought you flowers but I forgot them."

"It's okay, I'm allergic to flowers."

"Really?"

"No, I tried making you feel better." He laughed again.

"It worked for a second," he nodded, "well, tell Derek I said bye as well. Bye."

"Bye."

•••

Mom and Dad checked if I was alive and left after ten minutes, taking Bobby with them and leaving me with a group of weirdos.

Scott was busy flicking between channels every five seconds while Stiles was talking with this Malia weirdo who was a were-coyote and if I remember correctly; coyotes tip-toe. Lydia and Kira were laughing while Derek and I argued about God knows what.

"Dude, I'm telling you, zombies melt in water," I insisted.

"No they don't." Derek stated, "according to The Wizard of Oz witches melt in water and I betcha witches don't melt in water in real life."

"We should find a witch and check it," I announced.

"No, we shouldn't because then the witch would hex us as a revange."

"You're just scared to find out I'm right." I smirked.

"You're not."

"Then find a witch and do it. She'll melt anyway."

"So witches don't shower?" he argued.

"No, because they'll melt."

"So they'll be stinky."

"No, because they're witches. They can use magic to do it."

"Wait, didn't you say that zombies melt in water?" Derek questioned, probably giving up on trying common sense with me.

"I think I did." I paused, "where's Isaac?"

"He and Chris took a flight to France," Lydia told me. "And by the way, witches melt in water, not zombies. And I doubt that if witches are real they'd melt."

"That makes zero sense."

"Shay," Derek laughed, "you have no right to talk about 'sense', okay?"

"Are you implying something?"

Derek grinned widely, enjoying the argument way too much. "I-"

"Okay guys, visiting hours over," Melissa, Scott's awesome nurse mom, called, making everyone leave my room. "Scott, mind waiting ten minutes until I finish my shift?"

"Sure," Scott nodded, leaving the room as well.

Derek popped his head back once Melissa left my room, and walked to my bed. "See you tomorrow?"

"If you insist," I sighed, and he kissed me.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I grinned back.

"I'll be here at the morning, the moment visiting hours start."

"Find a life, man," I muttered, making him roll his eyes as he left the room.

I yawned, staring at the TV. Scott left it on Offspring, that was just ending, and the remote control was far away. I groaned, standing up and ignoring the pain. I couldn't go far because of the IV, when I remembered I can move this thing and eventually got to the remote when Grey's Anatomy started.

I was about to change the channel when I heard the beginning.

"I believe in Heaven. I also believe in Hell."

I paused at my tracks and even though I have never watched a single episode, I decided to watch this one, because what's a better episode to start with than episode 13 in the fifth season?

Some blonde chick was laying in bed while Jeffry Dean Morgan, who was John Winchester for me, was sitting on her bed.

"Why are you still here?" she asked him, turning a lamp on. I looked at the TV confused.

"I am here for you, Izzy Stevens." He stated, making me freeze before I even reached the bed. I was next to a chair, and I grabbed it for support because my stomach was sore.

What did he mean?

He kept saying that he's here for her, and she kept telling him that she broke up with him and that she has to go.

I took out the charger Dad got me and plugged it in, starting to charge my useless phone.

I searched for the episode in the Internet and skipped to where I saw the blonde chick. No one seemed to notice the man aside from this Izzy chick.

He asked if she believes in Heaven, and then said that he thought that this is Heaven. Being there with her, but that he was no longer sure and that maybe that was hell and that he was there for her.

It deeply shook me that he was using Dylan's words. I don't think he ever watched Grey's Anatomy.

I curled deeper into my blanket, and jumped when Dylan sat next to me.

"Are you starting to understand?"

"He's dead?" I questioned, "and she loved him. She loves him? And... He's telling her something but she doesn't understand."

"Any guess what's the thing?"

"Not yet," I whispered, "Dylan," I looked at him for a moment before looking back at my phone. "Is the thing he's trying to say is... What you're trying to say?"

"Pretty much."

She finally understood near the end of the episode, and the beeping were more rapid thanks to my panic. I was expecting a nurse to come in any moment and question my rapid pulse.

He was there for her. She was sick and dying.

"Am I sick?"

"No."

"Am I gonna die?"

"Yes."

"Soon."

"Very."

"I love you," I admitted softly, as tears clouded my vision.

"I love you too."

"Is there any chance?" I questioned, "do I have a way out?"

"Just like last time," he replied, "but I don't think so."

I sniffled, wiping my tears away. "Does it hurt?"

"Until a certain point," Dylan told me, "the no-return point, when you are in too deep and there is nothing but a light. It was still hurting when you were there but then it was gone."

"Dylan," I whispered once more. "I love you so much."

"I know," he said, patting my hair. "And I love you too."

I stayed silent until Hit The Floor started and I finally managed to think.

"I need to break up with Derek, don't I?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
41.8K 1.1K 60
Book two in that back to you series. Read book one, "Back to believing", if you don't none of this is going to make sense. After everything that happ...
101K 2.6K 20
ROSE GOLD ใ€ STANDALONE ใ€‘ โ ๐’๐’‰, ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, all of the city lights never ๐’”๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’† as bright as ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ...
78.3K 994 60
Kaylaya Musak. Daughter of Panem's best Peacekeeper, who is also friends with the Hadley's. Cato Hadley. Victor of the 74th hunger Games. What happen...