Chapter 20- Zombies Melt in Water

Derek was amazed by my ability to be annoying even when I am stuck in bed and the remote is in Scott's hands and Scott was in his house.

"How?"

"You left it on MTV, what are you expecting?" I scoffed.

"That you'd rest."

"Why?" I wondered, looking away as Catfish started.

"You're after a surgery," he stated, taking my blanket and throwing it over my head. "Sleep a bit."

"Fine," I grumbled, "I watched all of Catfish's episodes anyway." I glanced back at the TV as Derek stood up to turn it off, "no! Hold on! It's Derek and Lauren! It's the best episode!"

"Shay," he warned.

"Sit down and just watch it."

He obeyed, but instead of returning to his chair he squeezed in next to me. Derek glanced at my phone, that rested on a chair.

"How come your parents don't call?" he wondered, "they haven't seen you for days."

"They're used to it," I told him, "but shush." I turned back to watch the TV when Derek suddenly covered my eyes. "What?" I hissed.

"Why are they used to it?"

"Because I the whole time after Dylan died I couldn't stay at one place too much," I said simply, trying to swat his hands away. "They assume the habit stuck. It kinda did. But let me watch!" I whined.

He took his hands off, and I turned to the TV once more.

Nev and Max came around to meet Lauren and Mason by the time Derek spoke again, "do you ever wonder what's going on in his head when he writes Patrick Star?"

"Who even writes it?"

"I dunno, not the guy who just writes Spongebob?"

"Stephan Hillenburg?"

"Yeah." We sat in silence for a while more before he turned back to me. "Wanna check?"

"Okay," I shrugged, snatching my phone away from him, only for him to take it back. He typed in Patrick Star and wouldn't let me read what he found.

"So?" I asked once he put the phone down.

"As far as I read Hillenburg created him but your phone's dead." He smiled at me, making me glare.

"My parents will call at a certain point."

"Scott and Stiles went to tell them," Derek informed me making me stare at him.

"YOU FUCKING DUMBASS, BOBBY'S HOME!"

"So?"

"He hates Stiles and Scott," I poked his chest.

"Ow," he whined.

I smiled at him, curling closer to him, "you ass, because of you I missed most of the episode," I whispered, and he laughed, squeezing me closer. The hospital bed was obviously too small, but somehow we managed to leave some space.

"If it's your way--"

"SHAY!" a voice barked, and I pushed Derek off the bed, making him fall to the floor.

"What the--" he asked, looking up as I greeted my Uncle with a smile.

"What's up Bobs?" I asked. "Where's mom and Dad?"

"What the hell are you doing in a--" he paused, looking at Derek, who was still on the floor. Bobby looked him over, "who is that? What's he doing here? And why you on the floor?"